HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

WJC Rosters - United States

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-21-2009, 08:45 AM
  #526
orangeandblack
Registered User
 
orangeandblack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 1,233
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Any payback to Moore and Ryan for leaving the NCAA for the OHL?
Stop beating a dead horse with the US being biased against CHL guys. Ryan was added late, they wouldnt have even added him if they were holding a grudge. 3 undrafted CHL players (Johnson, Walker, Lashoff) will probably make the team. Sound biased to you?

There is no bias against where guys play, only how they play.

orangeandblack is offline  
Old
12-21-2009, 09:37 AM
  #527
Rabid Ranger
2 is better than one
 
Rabid Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Murica
Country: United States
Posts: 19,426
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward Cornell View Post
After seeing Lashoff for 3 years now and Moore for a half season. I would have picked Moore hands down, no questions asked.
I think when people talk about Moore they tend to think offence (which may actually wrongly label him) but his defensive play the last 2 months has been impeccable....
(maybe not physical enough for Blais?)
Not sure. Blais doesn't see many of these players directly (he admits as much), so he's relying on USA Hockey's scouts to help him formulate an opinion. It's my impression he has a pretty firm grasp on what kind of team he's trying to put together, so Moore's exclusion probably has less to do with his ability and more to do with what Blais wants from his blueline. Not sure what the appeal of Lashoff is. Someone must see something in him. Maybe he's riding his stint with the Griffins?

Rabid Ranger is offline  
Old
12-21-2009, 11:55 AM
  #528
Horvat2Virtanen
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Horvat2Virtanen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 33,923
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Canuck View Post
Who's going to be captain ?
? ....

Horvat2Virtanen is offline  
Old
12-21-2009, 12:17 PM
  #529
Kvashinator12
Registered User
 
Kvashinator12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: United States
Country: United States
Posts: 7,022
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Kvashinator12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabid Ranger View Post
Not sure. Blais doesn't see many of these players directly (he admits as much), so he's relying on USA Hockey's scouts to help him formulate an opinion. It's my impression he has a pretty firm grasp on what kind of team he's trying to put together, so Moore's exclusion probably has less to do with his ability and more to do with what Blais wants from his blueline. Not sure what the appeal of Lashoff is. Someone must see something in him. Maybe he's riding his stint with the Griffins?
Constructing a winning team doesn't always mean picking the attractive players, but the ones who will help be part of a winning team. Herb Brooks did that in 1980, and look at the results he got.

Kvashinator12 is offline  
Old
12-21-2009, 12:20 PM
  #530
TheLeastOfTheBunch
Registered User
 
TheLeastOfTheBunch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 31,541
vCash: 50
When are the final 2 cuts going to be announced?

TheLeastOfTheBunch is offline  
Old
12-21-2009, 01:10 PM
  #531
William H Bonney
Registered User
 
William H Bonney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Sierra Nevada
Country: United States
Posts: 19,500
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLeastOfTheBunch View Post
When are the final 2 cuts going to be announced?
After the exhibition against the Czech Republic tomorrow.

William H Bonney is offline  
Old
12-21-2009, 03:03 PM
  #532
Sony Eriksson*
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: N. Dallas/NYC
Country: Faroe Islands
Posts: 13,583
vCash: 500
Is Chris Brown a lock for the team? This kid is from the city i live in so it would be cool to see him make it.

Sony Eriksson* is offline  
Old
12-21-2009, 03:05 PM
  #533
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 31,851
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeandblack View Post
Stop beating a dead horse with the US being biased against CHL guys. Ryan was added late, they wouldnt have even added him if they were holding a grudge. 3 undrafted CHL players (Johnson, Walker, Lashoff) will probably make the team. Sound biased to you?

There is no bias against where guys play, only how they play.
You don't know how these people think. Moore doesn't belong on the US team? Jake Gardiner is not better than Moore. Did the remaining CHL players spurn Colorado College and Boston College?

The OPM's are full of vindictive people.

RangerBoy is offline  
Old
12-21-2009, 03:07 PM
  #534
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 31,851
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Courtesy Flush View Post
Is Chris Brown a lock for the team? This kid is from the city i live in so it would be cool to see him make it.
Considering he played on one of the top 2 lines on Saturday,Brown will be there.

RangerBoy is offline  
Old
12-21-2009, 03:32 PM
  #535
Levitate
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 20,537
vCash: 500
They wouldn't have invited Moore back to this camp if they were so vindictive they didn't want him on the team. He just wouldn't have gotten an invite at all

Levitate is offline  
Old
12-21-2009, 04:37 PM
  #536
Bgav
We Stylin'
 
Bgav's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,145
vCash: 1752
Is the game tomorrow going to be streamed online?

Bgav is offline  
Old
12-21-2009, 05:36 PM
  #537
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder
 
Em Ancien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mount Real Life
Posts: 8,881
vCash: 500
Anybody got info on who got letters?

From what I've heard, Kristo was an early favorite for one.

Em Ancien is offline  
Old
12-21-2009, 05:51 PM
  #538
William H Bonney
Registered User
 
William H Bonney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Sierra Nevada
Country: United States
Posts: 19,500
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTLPacman67 View Post
Anybody got info on who got letters?

From what I've heard, Kristo was an early favorite for one.
None so far, I'm sure it'll be announced tomorrow when the final two cuts are made after the exhibition game.

I'm thinking the odds are high that Kristo gets one of them though.

William H Bonney is offline  
Old
12-21-2009, 05:52 PM
  #539
William H Bonney
Registered User
 
William H Bonney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Sierra Nevada
Country: United States
Posts: 19,500
vCash: 500
You can see some highlights from the USA/North Dakota exhibition here:

http://www.fightingsioux.com/newMedi...00&oemid=13500

William H Bonney is offline  
Old
12-21-2009, 05:55 PM
  #540
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder
 
Em Ancien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mount Real Life
Posts: 8,881
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by William H Bonney View Post
None so far, I'm sure it'll be announced tomorrow when the final two cuts are made after the exhibition game.

I'm thinking the odds are high that Kristo gets one of them though.
Thanks a lot

Any word on who will be playing with Schroeder?

Em Ancien is offline  
Old
12-21-2009, 05:59 PM
  #541
William H Bonney
Registered User
 
William H Bonney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Sierra Nevada
Country: United States
Posts: 19,500
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTLPacman67 View Post
Thanks a lot

Any word on who will be playing with Schroeder?
Against UND it was Chris Brown and Jeremy Morin but apparently they weren't very effective so I'm thinking that line will get changed up a bit. I want to see someone that can fly like Chris Kreider or Jason Zucker paired with Schroeder.

From all reports throughout this process the line of Jerry D'Amigo - Derek Stepan - Danny Kristo has been the best line overall so I'd look for them to stick together.

William H Bonney is offline  
Old
12-21-2009, 06:02 PM
  #542
Bgav
We Stylin'
 
Bgav's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,145
vCash: 1752
Quote:
Originally Posted by William H Bonney View Post
Against UND it was Chris Brown and Jeremy Morin but apparently they weren't very effective so I'm thinking that line will get changed up a bit. I want to see someone that can fly like Chris Kreider or Jason Zucker paired with Schroeder.

From all reports throughout this process the line of Jerry D'Amigo - Derek Stepan - Danny Kristo has been the best line overall so I'd look for them to stick together.
do you think shrydarr will get the C?

Bgav is offline  
Old
12-21-2009, 06:10 PM
  #543
William H Bonney
Registered User
 
William H Bonney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Sierra Nevada
Country: United States
Posts: 19,500
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgav View Post
do you think shrydarr will get the C?
It's hard to tell. If this was the typical USA WJC process with a USNTDP coach, I'd say 100% yes. But with Blais, you never know. He came away from the evaluation camp over the summer gushing about John Carlson and Danny Kristo, and I think those two, along with Schroeder are the front runners for letters. But that's just a guess as I don't know who's stepped up in the locker room and on the ice as a leader throughout this whole evaluation. It's also hard to say if Carlson will get a letter since he's still in Hershey and missing this part of the process.

My best guess:

Danny Kristo (C)
John Carlson (A)
Jordan Schroeder (A)

William H Bonney is offline  
Old
12-21-2009, 08:47 PM
  #544
whockeynut
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 99
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by William H Bonney View Post
Against UND it was Chris Brown and Jeremy Morin but apparently they weren't very effective so I'm thinking that line will get changed up a bit. I want to see someone that can fly like Chris Kreider or Jason Zucker paired with Schroeder.
I would guess Bourque -- Schroeder -- Morin

Zucker is too young and Kreider is needed for other roles

whockeynut is offline  
Old
12-22-2009, 09:11 AM
  #545
Hossa
Registered User
 
Hossa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Abroad
Posts: 9,223
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by William H Bonney View Post
It's hard to tell. If this was the typical USA WJC process with a USNTDP coach, I'd say 100% yes. But with Blais, you never know. He came away from the evaluation camp over the summer gushing about John Carlson and Danny Kristo, and I think those two, along with Schroeder are the front runners for letters. But that's just a guess as I don't know who's stepped up in the locker room and on the ice as a leader throughout this whole evaluation. It's also hard to say if Carlson will get a letter since he's still in Hershey and missing this part of the process.

My best guess:

Danny Kristo (C)
John Carlson (A)
Jordan Schroeder (A)
What about Warsofsky. Should play a reasonable role and has experience as U18 captain right?

Hossa is online now  
Old
12-22-2009, 09:26 AM
  #546
Pugs35
Registered User
 
Pugs35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: PA
Posts: 1,050
vCash: 500
Will the exhibition Tuesday be on tv/online anywhere?

Pugs35 is offline  
Old
12-22-2009, 09:52 AM
  #547
TheLeastOfTheBunch
Registered User
 
TheLeastOfTheBunch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 31,541
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by William H Bonney View Post
Against UND it was Chris Brown and Jeremy Morin but apparently they weren't very effective so I'm thinking that line will get changed up a bit. I want to see someone that can fly like Chris Kreider or Jason Zucker paired with Schroeder.

From all reports throughout this process the line of Jerry D'Amigo - Derek Stepan - Danny Kristo has been the best line overall so I'd look for them to stick together.
That's very nice to hear!

TheLeastOfTheBunch is offline  
Old
12-22-2009, 12:54 PM
  #548
William H Bonney
Registered User
 
William H Bonney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Sierra Nevada
Country: United States
Posts: 19,500
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hossa View Post
What about Warsofsky. Should play a reasonable role and has experience as U18 captain right?
Yes on both accounts. I could see him getting a letter as well.

William H Bonney is offline  
Old
12-22-2009, 12:57 PM
  #549
backs4mvp
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Burlington, On
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,909
vCash: 500
Has Carlson joined the team yet, and will he play in the exhibition game vs the Czechs? It'd be his 4th game in 5 days.

backs4mvp is offline  
Old
12-22-2009, 01:00 PM
  #550
Bgav
We Stylin'
 
Bgav's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,145
vCash: 1752
have the captains been named yet??

Bgav is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:21 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.