HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kings of Clutch

Old
07-12-2009, 05:13 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Kings of Clutch

Hopefully this translates into more come-from-behind victories, maintaining leads down the wire, and overtime/shootout points...

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...110346362.html

Quote:
So which team has grabbed the most talent by this measure? Los Angeles has been the biggest gainer thus far, signing two of the top-five clutch-time players who were available, notably Ryan Smyth, who played in more than half of Colorado’s crucial minutes last season.

“We still have a lot of guys who haven't scored a goal since Jesus was a baby.” - Darryl Sutter
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2009, 05:23 PM
TonySCV
3 in 5 > 3 in 6

vCash: 500
Interesting way to look at it... anything is good so long as it translates to more points in the fall.

TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2009, 05:26 PM
PSP
Couldn't Be Happier!

Don't get ne wrong - I think the Kings did very well getting Smyth from Colorado and that he will help the team, but can you call anyone from that Colorado team that finished last in the West by a wide margin "clutch"? Is it right to call any of their minutes "crucial"?

PSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2009, 05:42 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSP View Post
Don't get ne wrong - I think the Kings did very well getting Smyth from Colorado and that he will help the team, but can you call anyone from that Colorado team that finished last in the West by a wide margin "clutch"? Is it right to call any of their minutes "crucial"?
Mr. Negativity....

Captain Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2009, 06:10 PM
JDM

Sabremetrics at work?

JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2009, 06:29 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
Sabremetrics at work?
Possibly.....I guess we will find out in April....When the Kings are in the playoffs or playing golf again.

Captain Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2009, 06:44 PM
LA Kings Cup Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSP View Post
I hear what you are saying, and it is a valid point, but I don't think that anyone here is taking this story, and these stats, to mean that somehow our team now has the MOST 'clutch' players on the roster.

This was an interesting story, and what I get out of it is that we got some players that know how to win. And this is a MUCH needed aspect that the young players on this team need to develop in themselves.

As an aside, having the Kings mentioned in a positive way in the mainstream of hockey is always a plus.

Stop being so negative dude, you might actually begin to enjoy this team. Heaven forbid.

LA Kings Cup Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2009, 01:46 PM
Butch 19
King me

Intersting to say the least.

Or... maybe I just like the fact that I'm now getting "Kings prospect" hockey info from the wsj. Nice!

Butch 19 is offline   Reply With Quote