HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Luke Pither

Old
07-12-2009, 09:34 PM
colt4ever

vCash: 500
Luke Pither

Do you guys think he will sign with the rangers after a very impressive rookie camp or will he go back to junior.i am a barie colts fan and a rangers fan and as much as i want ryan do have a pro future i want him to come to barrie this season

colt4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2009, 07:09 AM
eco's bones

I know the Rangers signed Chris Chappell. I think he was done with the OHL anyway. I remember hearing that Pither did well. From that I wouldn't be surprised if they bring him to Traverse City for the tournament (in August/early September?) and see how he does there.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2009, 07:33 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

The Rangers currently sit at 42 contracts and they have 5 unsigned group II's. NHL contract for Pither?

Quote:
3. Luke Pither - Belleville Bulls
Pither has always been one of those guys who's got a ton of talent, but for whatever reason just was never able to put it all together. There were questions regarding his work ethic and his willingness to play in traffic and this lead to his exit from a vastly defensively oriented Guelph Storm team at the trade deadline. In Belleville, Pither absolutely exploded, being able to use the large ice to explore his offensive creativity and to give him more room to get into scoring lanes. He finished the season with 42 points in 23 games with Belleville. That's nearly as good as John Tavares' point per game average and stretched over a full season at that rate, Pither would have lead the OHL in scoring by a rather significant margin. He has an NHL caliber shot which he needs very little time to get off. He skates well and he loves to lead the charge into the offensive zone. He still has some flaws, like his willingness to become involved defensively and physically, but you can't teach his natural offensive abilities. Again, I'd be surprised if he isn't taken at least with a late round draft pick, especially since it's his last year of eligibility as an 89.
http://ohlprospects.blogspot.com/sea.../Luke%20Pither

Quote:
Luke Pither was apparently very impressive at the Rangers camp. As an 89 birthdate, I'm sure he'd rather get a contract now than get one after playing his overage season
http://ohlprospects.blogspot.com/200...chance-at.html

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote