HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk > Polls - (hockey-related only)
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

HFBoards TOP 100 ranking: Forwards #29

View Poll Results: Best forward
Doan 3 2.22%
D.Sedin 12 8.89%
Gagne 21 15.56%
Jokinen 1 0.74%
Stastny 7 5.19%
Kopitar 9 6.67%
Havlat 18 13.33%
M.Koivu 7 5.19%
Marleau 3 2.22%
H.Sedin 28 20.74%
Ribeiro 5 3.70%
Morrow 13 9.63%
Perry 5 3.70%
Hemsky 2 1.48%
Other (name him) 1 0.74%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
07-13-2009, 11:08 AM
TheDevilMadeMe
Global Moderator

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helter Skelter View Post
Simon Gagne.

How did Elias land at #27? Gagne is better both offensively and defensively than Elias. So is Havlat...and I would say Doan deserves to be ahead of him, too.
And yet Elias finished with more points than any of the guys you listed (while having to carry his not-so-great linemates at even strength).

Old
07-13-2009, 12:16 PM
Chea*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doughty Number 8 View Post
Wait a minute, I just saw Getzlaf rated over the former league MVP Joe Thornton, who had consecutive years of 90 assists.

What don't you understand? JT is on the decline, Getzlaf is on the rise.

Old
07-13-2009, 12:32 PM
vadim sharifijanov
#bryantreevesbad

i'm glad people seem to realize that henrik is the superior sedin. this hasn't traditionally been the case on hfboards, where people value the guy with the slightly higher points total, or more goals.

Old
07-13-2009, 12:36 PM
Analyzer*

vCash: 50
Quote:
Wait a minute, I just saw Getzlaf rated over the former league MVP Joe Thornton, who had consecutive years of 90 assists.

Gaborik went ahead of players like Spezza, Toews, Carter.

The guy doesn't even play a full season and if he were to next year, I'd be willing to bet Spezza does better than him. There's a good chance Toews and Carter will too, considering the players they have surrounding them. Not too mention Carter plays at both ends of the rink too. So does Toews.

This place is Wiherd.

Old
07-13-2009, 01:18 PM
amnesiac*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Gaborik went ahead of players like Spezza, Toews, Carter.

The guy doesn't even play a full season and if he were to next year, I'd be willing to bet Spezza does better than him. There's a good chance Toews and Carter will too, considering the players they have surrounding them. Not too mention Carter plays at both ends of the rink too. So does Toews.

This place is Wiherd.
Gaborik is a 50 goal scorer when healthy. How many players can do that in this league? Ovechkin, Kovalchuk.... thats about it.

And these polls arent to determine who will get the most points next year, its who are the "best hockey players". So even if Spezza, Toews, and Carter do "better than him" point-wise, it doesnt mean theyre actually better hockey players than Gaborik.

Yes health plays a part in determining who are the best players, and thats why guys like him and Havlat are lower. But fact of the matter is Gaborik is a top 4 sniper in this league.

Last edited by amnesiac*: 07-13-2009 at 01:29 PM.
Old
07-13-2009, 01:25 PM
tony d
RIP Hot Rod

Henrik Sedin

Old
07-13-2009, 01:47 PM
TheDevilMadeMe
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by amnesiac View Post
Gaborik is a 50 goal scorer when healthy. How many players can do that in this league? Ovechkin, Kovalchuk.... thats about it.

And these polls arent to determine who will get the most points next year, its who are the "best hockey players". So even if Spezza, Toews, and Carter do "better than him" point-wise, it doesnt mean theyre actually better hockey players than Gaborik.

Yes health plays a part in determining who are the best players, and thats why guys like him and Havlat are lower. But fact of the matter is Gaborik is a top 4 sniper in this league.
I get your major point, but Gaborik's career high is 42 goals.

Old
07-13-2009, 03:57 PM
amnesiac*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDevilMadeMe View Post
I get your major point, but Gaborik's career high is 42 goals.
Yes, quite ironic. Although in the past 4 seasons, he has a 49 G/ 82 game avg.

Now imagine him not having Lemaire as a head coach. Will be interesting.

Old
07-13-2009, 08:16 PM
Tim Calhoun
Jim Benning Fan

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4rde View Post
Havlat.

This guy is atleast equal to Sedins if not better.
Haha.... sure.

The Sedins have a better ppg since the lockout and are a MILLION times more durable.

Old
07-14-2009, 12:04 AM
Malkin4Top6Wingerz
Can you like, shutup

Quote:
Lol what a joke. Getzlaf is really a better player than Thornton because of his playoff performance?

I'm sorry, but Getzlaf, despite having good playoffs, has had 1 elite season, just 1, and even then it wasn't close to what Thornton has ever done, who has been elite since before the lockout.

and LOL at attacking the Kings. Totally relevant. Just go back to your playground (or should I say shortbus) with likeminded (and similarly gifted intellectually) peers
So wait, the regular season is more important than the playoffs?

Regardless, Thornton and Getzlaf have had basically identical regular seasons over the last two years with Getzlaf only has played four years in the NHL. Thornton wasn't nearly as good at the same point in his career. And in the playoffs they were constantly matched up against one another and Getzlaf dominated.

Not to mention Thornton has yet to lead his team past the second round of the playoffs in his career, and when you look at the drop off of his production from the regular season to the playoffs it's not hard to see why.

But yeah, Thornton is so much better!

Closed Thread