Notices

2009-2010 Prospect Updates

Old
08-31-2009, 04:59 PM
BigG44

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigG44 View Post
Tyler Beskorowany's team (Kingston) won their first preseason game 5-2. Beskorowany started, but I don't know how many goals he let in or how many shots he faced. I assume he only played half the game.
Tyler Beskorowany faced over 40 shots according to Kingston's website. He played the whole game, and only allowed 2 goals.

BigG44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2009, 12:15 AM
Sony Eriksson*

Quote:
Tyler Beskorowany faced over 40 shots according to Kingston's website. He played the whole game, and only allowed 2 goals.
Beskorowany>Krahn!

Sony Eriksson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2009, 01:40 AM
BigG44

Kelowna says Bye Bye to Benn:

Quote:
The end of August also means the end of the WHL career for Jamie Benn.
The 20 year-old forward officially heads down to Dallas Monday for Stars training camp.
The Victoria B.C resident will most likely participate with the Stars in the Traverse City tournament (September 6-10) with other NHL prospects before heading to main camp with Dallas in early September.
Benn spent a few days in Kelowna last week tuning up for pro camp by working out with the Rockets, a team that he spent two successful seasons with.
http://reganbartel.blogspot.com/

Old
09-01-2009, 10:05 AM
BigG44

The song with this clip could be the most annoying I’ve ever heard, but at least you get to see the 2 goals Beskorowany let in plus 1 good save.

Old
09-01-2009, 10:49 AM
piqued
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Oh man.. I'm so glad you posted that.

Go Fronts Go!!

Not every team gets Pantera to write their song.

piqued is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2009, 09:51 PM
BigG44

Quote:
Reilly Smith, Forward, 6-0 170 lbs., St. Michael's(OPJHL)

Role he'll likely play: Smith is a pure offensive player with very good skills. Miami is a very solid offensive hockey team, but it's unlikely anyone on the team, outside of possibly Carter Camper and Andy Miele, have the high-end skill and scoring ability that Smith has. Once he finds his comfort zone, he should contribute a lot of points for the RedHawks.

Why he is ranked here: Smith was incredible last season in the OPJHL, but really only has one full year of junior experience in what is considered a weaker junior league. He's got big time potential, but there's also more possibility for variance with him than other players given the big jump he's making.

Why he'll be great: Smith can skate, shoot, pass, and see the ice incredibly well. He's got all the tools a player needs to be a solid offensive prospect.

Why he might not: He's young and still pretty skinny. He'll also need to learn to become more than just a one dimensional offensive player and learn to make contributions in other areas of the game.

Contrived Rivals-style star ranking: Three and a half stars
http://www.westerncollegehockeyblog....3-reilly-smith

Old
09-03-2009, 12:07 AM
________

vCash: 0
Send a message via AIM to ________ Send a message via MSN to ________
Jackson on Larsen.
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=463512
"Our plan long-term when we signed him was to give him some experience at training camp and then let him play another year with Frolunda in the Swedish League, then we'd bring him to North America," said Les Jackson, the Stars' director of scouting and player development.

________ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2009, 10:31 PM
BigG44

I have tired head from trying to read Google translate.

Philip Larsen registered at least a PP assist in 5-6 loss to a Russian team today. Not sure if he had any other points or how he played overall.

Where you at Krm?

Old
09-04-2009, 10:42 PM
BigG44

Found another article.

Part of Title: And then played Philip Larsen perhaps his final game in Frölunda-shirt.

I think this is a quote from Larsen, but it's not attributed:

Quote:
- Do I take a seat and I'll do it. Otherwise, I will return. It's me and Frölunda agree.

Tar jag en plats sĺ gör jag det. Annars kommer jag tillbaka. Det är jag och Frölunda överens om.
Hopefully someone can give a better translation. It sounds like he said he's going to take/win a job in Dallas. If that's the case, I like his confidence. Based on the next line though, I think something was lost in translation.

http://www.gp.se/gp/jsp/Crosslink.jsp?d=128&a=515488

Old
09-04-2009, 10:58 PM
BigG44

Ondrej Roman scored a goal and assist in a preseason game for his Czech team. He's been showing up on the score sheet pretty regularly during preseason tournaments.

Old
09-04-2009, 11:26 PM
BigG44

Mark @ Andrew just posted info on Larsen and Roman. Ondrej actually has 9 points in the 10 preseason games (5G-4A).

Hopefully he'll have a good season with HC Vítkovice Steel, and then Dallas can figure out a way to get him to Austin.

Old
09-05-2009, 07:39 AM
KRM

Quote:
I have tired head from trying to read Google translate.

Philip Larsen registered at least a PP assist in 5-6 loss to a Russian team today. Not sure if he had any other points or how he played overall.

Where you at Krm?
Salavat Yulaev Ufa of the KHL. Both teams were missing tons of players to their respective national teams though. Both of Frölunda's goalies for example, and Radulov, Perezhogin etc from Ufa.

The part about Larsen in the article just says that he will go to Dallas' camp and that he could either get a NHL roster spot or go back to Frölunda.

KRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2009, 09:02 PM
BigG44

Real hockey is starting!!!

HC VÍTKOVICE STEEL and Ondrej Roman open their season tomorrow (10:30 AM Central) against HC Sparta Praha. Hopefully Roman has solid year back and home, but more importantly, hopefully Dallas can work out a transfer agreement with his club next summer.

Old
09-08-2009, 09:53 PM
________

The Stars definitely will work out a agreement with Roman's Czech team next summer when they have more money available.

Old
09-08-2009, 11:47 PM
BigG44

Quote:
Originally Posted by ________ View Post
The Stars definitely will work out a agreement with Roman's Czech team next summer when they have more money available.
I hope they can get him signed to an ATO in the spring to play with Texas in the playoffs. The Extraliga's season ends March 5th. I'm not sure how long their playoffs last though.

Old
09-09-2009, 09:23 PM
map94

Is Roman under contract past this season with his Czech team? This shouldn't be an issue of the Stars having the money since NHL teams aren't really allowed to pay much if anything towards a buyout outside of a signing bonus. I don't have my CBA details in front of me to look up the exact wording and amounts.

Also, I seem to remember he wouldn't be eligible to play in the AHL playoffs if he plays in Europe during the season. He could play in the ECHL. I think someones had this come up a couple years ago when he played in Finland.

map94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2009, 11:01 PM
piqued
Global Moderator

Lammers?

Old
09-09-2009, 11:16 PM
BigG44

Quote:
Originally Posted by map94 View Post
Is Roman under contract past this season with his Czech team? This shouldn't be an issue of the Stars having the money since NHL teams aren't really allowed to pay much if anything towards a buyout outside of a signing bonus. I don't have my CBA details in front of me to look up the exact wording and amounts.

Also, I seem to remember he wouldn't be eligible to play in the AHL playoffs if he plays in Europe during the season. He could play in the ECHL. I think someones had this come up a couple years ago when he played in Finland.
A Czech article over the summer said he had 2 years remaining on his contract, and the Dallas Stars (at that time) were talking with his Czech team about a buyout.

Old
09-10-2009, 01:29 AM
________

Lammers and Crombeen.

Old
09-10-2009, 11:25 AM
map94

Quote:
A Czech article over the summer said he had 2 years remaining on his contract, and the Dallas Stars (at that time) were talking with his Czech team about a buyout.
Although I didn't find anything absolutely concrete, as far as I can tell the team is not allowed to directly contribute anything financially toward a players buyout. The only thing they can do is give the player as much money as they are allowed in accordance to the ELC rules. I would guess if the Stars have talked to his Czech team they might just be trying to help the process along and find out how if there's any chance he'll be able to leave.

I wonder how much his Czech team is asking for him. I know Roman was drafted in the KHL recently as well. Some KHL team might be offering a large buyout for Roman that could make this very difficult.

It would be a real shame if he has to wait two more seasons to come over here.

map94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2009, 11:29 AM
BigG44

Quote:
Originally Posted by map94 View Post
Although I didn't find anything absolutely concrete, as far as I can tell the team is not allowed to directly contribute anything financially toward a players buyout. The only thing they can do is give the player as much money as they are allowed in accordance to the ELC rules. I would guess if the Stars have talked to his Czech team they might just be trying to help the process along and find out how if there's any chance he'll be able to leave.

I wonder how much his Czech team is asking for him. I know Roman was drafted in the KHL recently as well. Some KHL team might be offering a large buyout for Roman that could make this very difficult.

It would be a real shame if he has to wait two more seasons to come over here.
I'm a little concerned about his playing time. He pissed the coach and team off when he did not return last year after the World Juniors. That was mentioned in the article as well.

He put up impressive stats in the preseason, but I believe part of the team was unavailable. Plus, they were playing some pretty week teams. I think I remember they played some German and Swiss teams.

Old
09-10-2009, 12:38 PM
BigG44

Quote:
"He's had more experience at the wing, and I think he'll probably end up playing wing for us, so you could see he really wanted to come out and play well," said Tim Bernhardt, the Stars' director of amateur scouting. "I think you saw in him a different game today."
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...s.3900a6a.html

That's new. They've been talking about him playing center since they drafted him. Pretty much every other scouting service said he'd end up at wing though.

Old
09-10-2009, 12:45 PM
piqued
Global Moderator

This confusion over positions and the way they spun it after the draft further leads me to believe they didn't intend on selecting Glennie at all.

Old
09-10-2009, 12:56 PM
BigG44

Photo of Roman from Wednesday's game:

This is a guess, but I think Roman may be playing LW on the top line (at least that game).

Quote:
Vitkovice: Stepanek - Jurečka, Barinka, Kuboš, Stehlik, Sıcak, Trnka - Roman, Burger, Hubacek - Ujčík, Pear, Snack - Krenželok, Štefanka, Treille - Strapáč, Varaďa, Kvapil - Szturc.
Roman is in the first group of forwards listed. Burger is the captain, and the player who scored the 2 goals. The first player listed is the goalie. The next 6 are defenseman.

Next Game: Friday @ 11 AM Central @ White Tigers Liberec

Last edited by BigG44: 09-10-2009 at 01:03 PM.
Old
09-10-2009, 01:06 PM
Stars99Lobo37
Away Games - 13

Too...many...ads...

Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs - 1997 to 2011 - WPHL Champions 1998, 1999, 2000 - CHL Champions 2011
Stars99Lobo37 is offline   Reply With Quote