HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

We had a survey regarding ex-habs players threads...

Closed Thread

Old
07-14-2009, 04:15 PM
Pere Noel

vCash: 500
We had a survey regarding ex-habs players threads...

And roughly 70% wanted one thread for each specific player instead of one mega merger thread hard to read.

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=516947

I know it's not the first survey that came out with those results, so can we leave those threads alone and stop merging them.

For instance, one thread about higgins beeing UFA in one year was fine, and needed not to be merged with Dale Tallon being fired. Not an easy read, and make it less interesting to follow.

Old
07-14-2009, 05:05 PM
dfk711*
The real #11

I didn't vote, but I'd rather have one thread for each player.

Old
07-14-2009, 05:08 PM
HankyZetts
Twi2ted

I agree

Old
07-14-2009, 05:10 PM
dre2112

Giant threads are a pain in the ass

Old
07-14-2009, 08:07 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

But then 99.9% of the posters in here keep saying how they are tired to read about the ex-players, that it is in the past, was done is done, could've, should've, would've and so on.....So the best solution was to have one sticky for all the ex-players since EVERYBODY keeps saying that it's a waste of space and only is important for a minority....unless it's totally bogus and most people want to have a thread per player but just want to write in there that they don't care.....

I know one thing. This topic needs to be clear for everyone. 'Cause next year, there will be more ex-players topics than our actual ones. If people were tired of the Ribeiro's ones....geez that's just 1/1000 of what we will have next year....

Last edited by Whitesnake: 07-14-2009 at 08:57 PM.
Old
07-14-2009, 08:14 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 137
Send a message via Skype™ to Le Tricolore
I think there should be a general thread for small things like, "Koivu's first goal as a Duck! TAKE THAT, HUET!" or whatever... if something big happens, though, like, "Komisarek's knocked out cold by Mikhail Grabovski in practice"... that should have its own thread.

Old
07-14-2009, 08:36 PM
goalchenyuk

why not a " out of town " thread for everything not linked to the Habs + a " former Habs talks " thread

Old
07-14-2009, 08:43 PM
Le Maroons

Why don't the mods merge a thread when it isn't on the front page anymore?

When people aren't talking about Higgins anymore, move him to the monster thread.

If it is an active thread on it's own, why should it be merged?

Old
07-14-2009, 08:51 PM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
But then 99.9% of the posters in here keep saying how they are tired to read about the ex-players, that it is in the past, was done is done, could've, should've, would've and so on.....So the best solution was to have one sticky for each player since EVERYBODY keeps saying that it's a waste of space and only is important for a minority....unless it's totally bogus and most people want to have a thread per player but just want to write in there that they don't care.....

I know one thing. This topic needs to be clear for everyone. 'Cause next year, there will be more ex-players topics than our actual ones. If people were tired of the Ribeiro's ones....geez that's just 1/1000 of what we will have next year....
We are going to have a full page of sticky threads . That doesn't make sens . They are not players we will follow everydays , but here and there .

If we have a former Habs thread , it opens the door to talk about who ever was a Hab . " Old timer Habs "

Old
07-14-2009, 08:57 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100th View Post
We are going to have a full page of sticky threads . That doesn't make sens . They are not players we will follow everydays , but here and there .

If we have a former Habs thread , it opens the door to talk about who ever was a Hab . " Old timer Habs "
I meant one sticky for ALL the ex-players and not for each. Sorry, my mistake. One sticky for all the ex-players. i just corrected it.

Old
07-14-2009, 09:05 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Fine we will make a thread with all ex Habs players that you can all talk there,but I'm still sure many threads will pop out in a few days say when Tanguay signs!!

sticky thread done

Closed Thread