HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Panthers are in Tanguay Mix

Old
09-01-2009, 12:38 PM
Rattrick

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
Hindsight is 20/20? JM wanted him moved and knew what was going on, Cohen blocked that which made Olli think he could flop and get JM fired. I LOVE Ballard, we all do, and personally think that trade happened to have worked out well, but we also don't know what was offered for him, either.

Not sure what you mean my Louie, my feelings on him don't matter at all, Cohen's bringing back Keenan, when he knew the players didn't like him, was one of the last straws for Louie. He wanted what he wanted because he was afraid Keenan would move him once he was signed and more valuable since they couldn't get along.

Cohen's messing up the first half is still effecting this one. due to the sale, he's now closing up the checkbook.
If Cohen hadn't blocked the Olli trade, we wouldn't have gotten Ballard. Just saying it can't all be blamed on him.

Hell, had he just let JM trade Olli earlier, we might still have Bouwmeester for all we know.

Rattrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2009, 12:44 PM
Laus723
#CatsAreComing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattrick View Post
If Cohen hadn't blocked the Olli trade, we wouldn't have gotten Ballard. Just saying it can't all be blamed on him.

Hell, had he just let JM trade Olli earlier, we might still have Bouwmeester for all we know.
I' not sure what you're saying, Scott. Sorry.

I said, we wouldn't have Ballard, but that worked out very well. Things don't always work out that way.

Not sure what you mean about Bouw, sounds like a knock on Cohen for keeping Olli.

09-01-2009, 02:35 PM
Rattrick

Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
Quote:
I' not sure what you're saying, Scott. Sorry.

I said, we wouldn't have Ballard, but that worked out very well. Things don't always work out that way.

Not sure what you mean about Bouw, sounds like a knock on Cohen for keeping Olli.
Let me put it this way:

Cohen ****ed up a lot of things. You're bashing him for being the devil, yet saying that you love Ballard, who we would have never gotten had he not stepped in and prevented JM from trading Olli at the deadline the season before.

Rattrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2009, 02:51 PM
Still All In
Plz stop pucks

Quote:

Awesome.

Still All In is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2009, 03:02 PM
Laus723
#CatsAreComing

Quote:
Let me put it this way:

Cohen ****ed up a lot of things. You're bashing him for being the devil, yet saying that you love Ballard, who we would have never gotten had he not stepped in and prevented JM from trading Olli at the deadline the season before.
I'm saying that Cohen ****ed up a lot of things and this team by and large is the way it is as a result of this guy who can't keep his hands off things despite how the results have proven themselves to him time and again.

I'm saying that the Olli to Phoenix trade worked out VERY well, they don't usually do that. We all, especially as Panther fans, know that. I'm saying that had he not, we don't know what we could have gotten at the time.

Laus723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2009, 03:03 PM
Acadmus
retired mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWGoon View Post
I don't think that with a #1 center we would have competed for the division champ or been a high seed. But that's an unprovable argument. However, none of this removes my concerns that this organization a) doesn't draft very well, b) doesn't develop particularly well, c) doesn't play well on FA market, d) doesn't get the best bang for the buck overall.
Not to defend the organization since I don't feel up to it right now (since it's impossible), but the one thing JM did right was to set up the infrastructure that would address item b in your list here. That will take some time to pan out, but I think as long as the Panthers can maintain their relationship with Rochester, they'll be able to better develop their players.

That doesn't address a, but then again we should see how Kulikov pans out - so far Frolik has been a winner, and the jury's still out on Ellerby. We'll see how the drafting is going in 3 or 4 years. But historically it hasn't been good. That said, the scouting staff got changed around 2002/03, so maybe it'll pay dividends in the long run. They got Booth and Markstrom, after all, and some other guys seem to have some promise as well.

c and d, however, are lost causes at this point.

Acadmus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2009, 03:03 PM
Laus723
#CatsAreComing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobsled Gainey View Post
Awesome.
And he sat behind Keenan ripping him a new one the whole game during the game against Calgary when he was their coach!

Laus723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2009, 04:28 PM
zeroG

vCash: 540
Quote:
I'm saying that Cohen ****ed up a lot of things and this team by and large is the way it is as a result of this guy who can't keep his hands off things despite how the results have proven themselves to him time and again.

I'm saying that the Olli to Phoenix trade worked out VERY well, they don't usually do that. We all, especially as Panther fans, know that. I'm saying that had he not, we don't know what we could have gotten at the time.
yes. incredibly fortunate that it turned out that way for us and cohen deserves no credit there. he does get some credit for opening up the wallet for the kids who are into sticking around and that is important but unfortunately, it isn't nearly enough.

zeroG is offline   Reply With Quote