HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Babchuk to Omsk (KHL--see post 401)

Old
07-14-2009, 01:43 AM
irocdu

vCash: 500
I would trade zherdev for picks. I would like to get under this cap some more and have a roster spot open up for a kid.

Save cash.. get a pick or two.. could package those picks at the deadline if we feel the team is good enough to go far in the playoffs and acquire the right missing piece to the puzzle if he's out there.

I know people are demanding big things from Zherdev as far as trades go. We did lose Tyutin which hurt. But we have to stop living in the past and look forward. Cut this kid and get some picks.

irocdu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2009, 01:44 AM
irocdu

Unless he is the person they want to have play with marion. Zherdev can get the puck deep quickly, but cant shoot it lately. If he could bring it up the zone and dish it to marion for a one timer.. it could be interesting.

I dont know. I guess I will just let the people that get paid to think, handle it.

irocdu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2009, 01:57 AM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
I would stay away from Ruutu, that kid was all hype before he even signed and he hasn't turned out to be a star player.

Babchuk is a guy I would take a look at even though I am happy with the D we have now. Sanguinetti for Babchuk anyone?

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2009, 02:22 AM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

I could see Girardi going for Babchuk.

Anthony Mauro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2009, 03:00 AM
Fire Sather
new Niclas Wallin?

Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
I would love Babchuk although hes only really had one good season.

No idea on what his trade value would be though.. also, how much is he looking for?

That PP someone posted sure looks good though

Fire Sather is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2009, 04:13 AM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27 View Post
I would stay away from Ruutu, that kid was all hype before he even signed and he hasn't turned out to be a star player.

Babchuk is a guy I would take a look at even though I am happy with the D we have now. Sanguinetti for Babchuk anyone?
Why? Zherdev for Babchuk+ makes much more sense. Next season Bobby will likely replace Redden and MDZ Rozsival.

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2009, 04:27 AM
darko

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
WHo would you rather? Babchuk or Ruutu?
Normally I would say Ruutu but surely we have enough wingers by now so I'll say Babchuk...

darko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2009, 04:32 AM
darko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhattan Blue View Post
I could see Girardi going for Babchuk.
hmm yeah I would take that...

darko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2009, 06:09 AM
Radek27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claxton View Post
Tuomo Ruutu:

Career hi this season of 55 points. ONE goal in 16 playoff games.....and we are gonna trade Z for a one goal playoff improvement in 4x as many games? Wasn't this guy named the top prospect by this site for a while? Wasn't he the "best player outside the NHL" at the time? 9th OV selection in 2001 and he just had his career season of 55 point?

PASS Z is better.

Old
07-14-2009, 06:12 AM
Radek27

Quote:
Originally Posted by GongShowHockeyNYR View Post
Why? Zherdev for Babchuk+ makes much more sense. Next season Bobby will likely replace Redden and MDZ Rozsival.
Why where is Redden going? I missed that memo Gong cause last time I checked he is signed for 5 more seasons. We need Zherdev to get us a center, not another defender where we already have wayyy too many as it is.

Old
07-14-2009, 07:00 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Carolina has offered Babchuk nothing. They want him to accept his QO of $1 million. Grossman wants $2 million

Quote:
Defenseman Anton Babchuk, a restricted free agent, also is unsigned. Babchuk, who has no arbitration rights, has been offered a one-year contract for $1 million but has said he would not accept it.
http://www.newsobserver.com/796/story/1606491.html

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2009, 07:23 AM
eco's bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27 View Post
Tuomo Ruutu:

Career hi this season of 55 points. ONE goal in 16 playoff games.....and we are gonna trade Z for a one goal playoff improvement in 4x as many games? Wasn't this guy named the top prospect by this site for a while? Wasn't he the "best player outside the NHL" at the time? 9th OV selection in 2001 and he just had his career season of 55 point?

PASS Z is better.
Zherdev might by more talented but that does not mean he's the better player. One of the major problems with Zherdev is he's a one trick pony and when his trick isn't working he's pretty much useless--which is to say his game is all about offensive production and when he's not producing he's not doing anything. He's not that good defensively, does not kill penalties, shies away a bit from hitting and being hit. Ruutu might be a bit of a disappointment as well but he has decent offense and he does have a physical game--he is a pain in the ass to play against as shown in a late in the season game when he pretty much deliberately bowled over Lundqvist.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2009, 07:25 AM
Kovy274Hart

Send a message via AIM to Kovy274Hart
Yes. Babchuck possesses a potent shot but what else does he do well? He was effectively neutralized by the Devils, Bruins and Pens this postseason even getting healthy scratched. That doesn't sound like the kinda guy I'd want.

Kovy274Hart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2009, 07:43 AM
sattar18

Quote:
Originally Posted by SI Ranger View Post
Anyone know why he was scratched for most of the playoffs?
Subpar defensively and couldnt get his shot going while on the PP. However, the canes PP as a whole was dreadful in the playoffs.

sattar18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2009, 08:31 AM
Vitto79

The more I think of it the more I think the Rangers should take the Babchuk, Kaberle , 3rd rounder for Zherdev if that gets thrown on the table. I realize Carolina would need to shed the salary

It gives them a point man for the PP in Babchuk

They get a 3rd back after dealing it for Boyle

Kaberle likely goes down and they eat the cash but he could also play his way on the teams back end if they have the space and that would be tight

If they move Rozsival then he has space

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2009, 08:39 AM
UAGoalieGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Carolina has offered Babchuk nothing. They want him to accept his QO of $1 million. Grossman wants $2 million

http://www.newsobserver.com/796/story/1606491.html
$2 million for babchuk would not be a bad deal, imo. Especially if the Rangers are able to trade for him and he signs for a few years.

May be something like Zherdev and Sangs for Babchuk and Sutter?

UAGoalieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2009, 08:40 AM
Levitate

Don't see the point. Hope they don't trade for him. Would rather see someone like Gilroy, Sanguinetti, or Del Zotto get a shot than a guy who can't play defense or physical, and only has a big slapshot

edit: really? Zherdev and Sanguinetti for Babchuck and Sutter? Holy **** that's a terrible idea. Changes don't have to be made just for the sake of changes, *******.

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2009, 08:41 AM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by UAGoalieGuy View Post
$2 million for babchuk would not be a bad deal, imo. Especially if the Rangers are able to trade for him and he signs for a few years.

May be something like Zherdev and Sangs for Babchuk and Sutter?
Not sure why we always throw in top prospects. I am sure the Rangers like Sanguinetti and Carolina likes Sutter

Plus do you not want the Rangers to have a few rookie Dmen?

I would like them to overall move Rozsival for picks/prospects and Zherdev for Babchuk and if they have to take Kaberle back for salary

So Rather see

Redden , Babchuk
Staal, Girardi
Kaberle, Gilroy
Potter

If they have to move Kaberle because of the cap then another Rook like Heikkinin should make it.

Sauer, Sanguinetti , DelZotto are still young but they should be up this year and if not next year. Looking forward to a great young Dcore for the future. Did'nt even mention Kundratek and McDonough

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2009, 08:49 AM
UAGoalieGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
Don't see the point. Hope they don't trade for him. Would rather see someone like Gilroy, Sanguinetti, or Del Zotto get a shot than a guy who can't play defense or physical, and only has a big slapshot

edit: really? Zherdev and Sanguinetti for Babchuck and Sutter? Holy **** that's a terrible idea. Changes don't have to be made just for the sake of changes, *******.
Whoa, be easy. I wanted to see the Rangers somehow draft Sutter back in 2007. He is the prototypical Sutter and I'd love the Rangers to have that type of player on their team.

Old
07-14-2009, 08:56 AM
Levitate

I wouldn't mind Sutter, but he's yet another player who probably tops out as a 3rd/2nd line tweener. Granted he'll bring other elements, but I really think the Rangers need to address the lack of top six talent first

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2009, 08:57 AM
UAGoalieGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
Not sure why we always throw in top prospects. I am sure the Rangers like Sanguinetti and Carolina likes Sutter

Plus do you not want the Rangers to have a few rookie Dmen?

I would like them to overall move Rozsival for picks/prospects and Zherdev for Babchuk and if they have to take Kaberle back for salary

So Rather see

Redden , Babchuk
Staal, Girardi
Kaberle, Gilroy
Potter

If they have to move Kaberle because of the cap then another Rook like Heikkinin should make it.

Sauer, Sanguinetti , DelZotto are still young but they should be up this year and if not next year. Looking forward to a great young Dcore for the future. Did'nt even mention Kundratek and McDonough
As stated in my post above, I wanted the Rangers to somehow select Sutter in 2007. He is the type of player i'd love the Rangers to have, that's why I included him and Sangs. It's not making a deal for the sake of moving players. He'd fit this team's style very well and would excel, imo at least.

If the Rangers did deal Zherdev for Babchuk + something, the Rangers wouldn't have to move Rozsival this year because Babchuk is looking for something around $2 million whereas Zherdev likely would have gotten somewhere around $3.5.

In the Salary Cap thread, I think I calculated that the Rangers have approx. $2.5 million left in cap space before the re-signing of Zherdev, which is why signing him will be difficult. That's with 12 forwards, 7 D and 2 goalies.

Babchuk addresses a need. Someone that can move the puck and have a cannon from the blue line on the PP.

Staal - Girardi
Rozsival/Redden - Babchuk
Redden/Rozsival - Gilroy
Potter/Sauer

That is a good backline, imo once again.

Old
07-14-2009, 09:01 AM
UAGoalieGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
I wouldn't mind Sutter, but he's yet another player who probably tops out as a 3rd/2nd line tweener. Granted he'll bring other elements, but I really think the Rangers need to address the lack of top six talent first
lol alright, definitely a good point. See I have a method to my madness and reasoning behind why I propose things (As you know, I don't propose trades very often), unlike some people on here haha.

Under Torts I'd see Sutter as a 2nd line center that will grind the corners and get dirty in front of the net. His concussion may be a concern but it seems he has over come it. He is a very good passer as well, from the games I have seen him play.

On other teams with different systems I could see him being a 3rd line center, as you stated though.

Old
07-14-2009, 09:05 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by UAGoalieGuy View Post
Whoa, be easy. I wanted to see the Rangers somehow draft Sutter back in 2007. He is the prototypical Sutter and I'd love the Rangers to have that type of player on their team.
Sutter?After what he did to Alexei Cherepanov in 2007 at that joke of a tournament. After the uproar over Brashear's hit on Betts,this board wouldn't be able to deal with a Sutter as a Ranger.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2009, 09:08 AM
UAGoalieGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Sutter?After what he did to Alexei Cherepanov in 2007 at that joke of a tournament. After the uproar over Brashear's hit on Betts,this board wouldn't be able to deal with a Sutter as a Ranger.
haha I totally forgot about that. The Rangers board would implode if that deal was made. That's the main reason why I've avoided the "We've Signed Donald Brashear" thread. lol

Old
07-14-2009, 10:31 AM
bogans

Didn't read the entire thread, but I gotta say that I hope not. He has a hard and accurate shot, but is not a powerplay quarterback. I would much rather acquire a guy who can run the PP from the point rather than a guy who just bombs constantly. He is brutal (and I mean brutal) defensively, often has trouble getting his shot through because it is so predictable and doesn't lead a rush. He is a one trick pony and even though he can score, that's the reason he never sticks with Carolina, especially when they needed a quarterback.

bogans is offline   Reply With Quote