HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Eklund: Schneider to Montreal (reasonably priced) a possibility (E3)

Old
07-14-2009, 06:45 PM
TheCH*

vCash: 500
Schneider came in and made our pp one of the best in the league again. Sign him up!

TheCH* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2009, 06:53 PM
Hero
Raptors 13/14

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daice View Post
I support this cause
Ditto

Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2009, 06:58 PM
FerrisRox

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATHLÉTIQUE_CANADIEN View Post
Well, I'm only going to speak for myself but - enough is enough. We seemed to survive well before Ek getting news and chasing down rumours that were reported by Spectorshockey - Lyle Richardson or Kuklas Korner. But this guy is too inaccurate for me to give a flip!

The garbage OUTWEIGHS the substance IMO! I don't care who or what he knows. ENOUGH!
Then why the hell are you in a thread clearly labeled "Eklund?"

Please, explain....?

FerrisRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2009, 07:01 PM
smon

Well, he'd be a good option as a #7. But it would guarantee that O'Byrne/Weber would be in the AHL.

smon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2009, 07:04 PM
TheCH*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarantesix View Post
I think Dandy will be back too, we have no place for Schneider maybe if he want to fnnish his career in Montreal so bad that he wouldn't mind to be 7 defensemen but that won't happen
You are right, that won't happen.

He said at the end of last season that he wants to sign somewhere where:
- he is needed and will play every game
- he will get a 2 year deal

TheCH* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2009, 08:16 PM
Athlétique_Canadien

Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrisRox View Post
Then why the hell are you in a thread clearly labeled "Eklund?"

Please, explain....?
Because I was bored.

Athlétique_Canadien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2009, 08:43 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
So, since Mara, Gill, Gorges and O'Bryne aren't solid top 4, it's a good thing to add another one who isn't ?
For more depth in case of problems with injuries. It seemed quite clear when I wrote it??

Quote:
Weber/ Subban are on contracts.
They also lack experience and need seasoning in the AHL. The more depth we have on puck-moving Ds, the better we are.

Quote:
They need playing time sometime,
Next year, Mara and Schneider might not be back too. They are 20-21 years old, FCOL.

Quote:
so if Spacek goes down, then we have another 5'11 big shot player who can take his place in Spacek. Not too mention that we can send him to down to the AHL to play, so he won't be rusty.
Young players without experience. That's why its important to have solid replacements with NHL experience. Remember, both Markov and Schneider ended-up injured at the end of last season. That's why we need the most depth as possible in this area, which is puck-movin Ds.

Quote:
Gill is quite possibly the only d we have who has problem moving the puck forward and has pretty much no offensive awareness.
Mara and Gorges are average/above average puck-movers, but nothing great. Our main puck-movers are Markov, Spacek and Hammer. We need another experienced one in case of injuries.

Quote:
Gill is a pking beast. If Sergei Kostitsyn makes the team, then he can play point on the pp and Schneider isn't needed. We already have Weber and Subban signed to get called up if there's an injury, so once again, Schneider isn't needed.
Schneider is needed for the reasons I stated before. SKost was better on his wing on the PP. And its not only for his shot on the PP, which is highly more effective than SKost. Come on, you're comparing a guy who had 17 points in 21 games mainly on the PP with the Habs, with a young player who was inconsistent even on the point on the PP. Get real, dude.

Quote:
Only room for Lang is in Pleks spot. Unless we can trade Pleks for a young centre who might be ready next year, then I'd take Lang back no problem. If we can't, then no to Lang even though I loved that guy here.
Not really. If we sign Pleks for one year, having him on the third pairing might be good contract wise. Pleks can also play the left wing BTW. So its NOT the only place he can go.

Quote:
He did play fairly well and would have him play over O'bryne, but then again, O'bryne might thrive under Martin's system.
As would Schneider who played in Anaheim and Detroit, especially Detroit which was a puck possesion team like Martin wants. Don't forget that its the main point Martin made, that we need to be a puck-possesion team, which fits very well with what I've been saying about added depth in solid experienced puck-moving Ds.

Quote:
I think Montréal is missing a bonafide top 3 dman. Schneider isn't it
Neither is O'Byrne.

What happens is that we don't have the cap space for a top 3 D. Might as well make sure we have a slew of solid Ds to play the musical chair for the 4th D spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCH View Post
You are right, that won't happen.

He said at the end of last season that he wants to sign somewhere where:
- he is needed and will play every game
- he will get a 2 year deal
Please provide a link. I follow the Habs daily and I never heard him say that. The one thing I heard of Schneider is that he wants to play again with the Habs.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2009, 08:54 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
For more depth in case of problems with injuries. It seemed quite clear when I wrote it??

They also lack experience and need seasoning in the AHL. The more depth we have on puck-moving Ds, the better we are.

Next year, Mara and Schneider might not be back too. They are 20-21 years old, FCOL.

Young players without experience. That's why its important to have solid replacements with NHL experience. Remember, both Markov and Schneider ended-up injured at the end of last season. That's why we need the most depth as possible in this area, which is puck-movin Ds.

Mara and Gorges are average/above average puck-movers, but nothing great. Our main puck-movers are Markov, Spacek and Hammer. We need another experienced one in case of injuries.

Schneider is needed for the reasons I stated before. SKost was better on his wing on the PP. And its not only for his shot on the PP, which is highly more effective than SKost. Come on, you're comparing a guy who had 17 points in 21 games mainly on the PP with the Habs, with a young player who was inconsistent even on the point on the PP. Get real, dude.

Not really. If we sign Pleks for one year, having him on the third pairing might be good contract wise. Pleks can also play the left wing BTW. So its NOT the only place he can go.

As would Schneider who played in Anaheim and Detroit, especially Detroit which was a puck possesion team like Martin wants. Don't forget that its the main point Martin made, that we need to be a puck-possesion team, which fits very well with what I've been saying about added depth in solid experienced puck-moving Ds.

Neither is O'Byrne.

What happens is that we don't have the cap space for a top 3 D. Might as well make sure we have a slew of solid Ds to play the musical chair for the 4th D spot.

Please provide a link. I follow the Habs daily and I never heard him say that. The one thing I heard of Schneider is that he wants to play again with the Habs.
MAN if you think bobs gonna sign schneider, you got another thing comin

Redux91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2009, 08:56 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redux91 View Post
MAN if you think bobs gonna sign schneider, you got another thing comin
Dude, where did I say I believe Gainey will???

I'm arguing over the pros and cons to do so.

Can't you understand this simple nuance???

You're actually the one who seems to think he knows for sure what's gonna happen, when the simple fact is that neither one of us know.

Old
07-14-2009, 09:02 PM
Schooner Guy

I can't believe this thread is still going. We have our 7 D-men set for 2009-10 and we have capable call-ups in Hamilton in Weber, Carle, Subban, Henry, Belle in case we need a particular Dman to be replaced in the lineup for whatever reason. There's no more room for Schneider or Dandy....there's no roster space and there's no cap space.

Schooner Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2009, 09:04 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Quote:
Dude, where did I say I believe Gainey will???

I'm arguing over the pros and cons to do so.

Can't you understand this simple nuance???

You're actually the one who seems to think he knows for sure what's gonna happen, when the simple fact is that neither one of us know.
I can GUARANTEE you schenider wont play for the habs next season, and u can post all the long ass and boring posts you want to try and support your cause, but just face it, this AINT happening bro

Old
07-14-2009, 09:13 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
I can GUARANTEE you schenider wont play for the habs next season, and u can post all the long ass and boring posts you want to try and support your cause, but just face it, this AINT happening bro
Guarantee? You know Bob Gainey or Pierre Gauthier or Jacques Martin??

If yes, good, but otherwise if you're going on instinct and what you 'feel', forget it, I don't buy that crap. I've seen people "garantee' stuff and not live up to it.

BTW, it would be good for you to realize that its not a cause (I could call you a condescending ***** for that one, but I won't), I'm simply arguing over the pros and cons, so get over yourself, Dan.

If you find my posts boring and long, I'm not the one forcing you to read them. It's not like you bring anything constructive either.. ahem.

Old
07-14-2009, 09:16 PM
Go Habs Go

I can't see this happening. Not if we already have

Markov
Spacek
Harmlik
Gorges
Gill
Mara

Webber
O'Byrne

Schneider helped make our powerplay better when he joined us near the trade deadline but thats because he had a slapshot that we lacked. He has been replaced unfortunately.

Go Habs Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2009, 09:20 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Quote:
Guarantee? You know Bob Gainey or Pierre Gauthier or Jacques Martin??

If yes, good, but otherwise if you're going on instinct and what you 'feel', forget it, I don't buy that crap. I've seen people "garantee' stuff and not live up to it.

BTW, it would be good for you to realize that its not a cause (I could call you a condescending ***** for that one, but I won't), I'm simply arguing over the pros and cons, so get over yourself, Dan.

If you find my posts boring and long, I'm not the one forcing you to read them. It's not like you bring anything constructive either.. ahem.
lol i do just fine thanks, but its just funny watching you get all riled up for nothing lmao

Old
07-14-2009, 09:20 PM
Schooner Guy

Die thread!!! Die!!!!

Schneider's not coming! Spacek will take his spot on the #1 PP unit and the Mara signing cements that Schneider will not be a Hab in 2009-10. Both Spacek and Mara will give us better even strength defense than Schneider is capable of providing.

It just ain't happening!

Schooner Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2009, 09:21 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
lol i do just fine thanks, but its just funny watching you get all riled up for nothing lmao
If you think I'm all riled up, fine for you, if it makes you sleep better at night, you can keep deluding yourself.

There are some things that cannot be said here... but I know why you're doing it.. poor you.

Old
07-14-2009, 09:25 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Quote:
If you think I'm all riled up, fine for you, if it makes you sleep better at night, you can keep deluding yourself.

There are some things that cannot be said here... but I know why you're doing it.. poor you.
now now, your the one whos been hostile for nothing, and i understand WHY and like you said cant be said here and its just stupid

all im trying to say is, this ridiculous rumor, has gone 4 pages, and you post a looooooooooong ass one, when its pretty clear that this WONT be happening, i just see all this are pointless and wonder why u keep pushing the enveloppe to bring schneider here when we know 100% that its not going to happen, why strain urself for a useless point? its not a personal vendetta

Old
07-14-2009, 09:29 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
now now, your the one whos been hostile for nothing, and i understand WHY and like you said cant be said here and its just stupid

all im trying to say is, this ridiculous rumor, has gone 4 pages, and you post a looooooooooong ass one, when its pretty clear that this WONT be happening, i just see all this are pointless and wonder why u keep pushing the enveloppe to bring schneider here when we know 100% that its not going to happen, why strain urself for a useless point? its not a personal vendetta
I haven't been hostile at all. You,re the one who tried to be condescending with the "cause" thing.

This is the point of a comment board poor you. To comment on subjects. If "we all knew that he isn't coming 100%" this thread would've been locked on the first page.

Now, for you to react to me is pointless. If you are sure 100% it won't happen, then go complain to a mod, but just the fact that you come up to me with that shows your initial intent. Grow-up young man.

Old
07-14-2009, 09:36 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
I thought the same when I said Weber, Subban, even Carle too. I keep forgetting about that guy.

Quote:
Weber has some seasoning in the AHL and has a few games in the NHL.

Quote:
Mara probably not. I'll admit, Schneider's slapshot is wicked, especially with his aim, I don't see a point other than that for him. Mara and Spacek can both wire it. Mara has no aim, though.
Quote:
Hamrlik digs the puck out well in the corner. Mara and Gill can do the same. I imagine one of Mara, or Gill will play with Markov, so he shouldn't be put into those types of situations where he got hurt last year.

Quote:
This I agree with, needing another one in case of injuries, but Mara was originally suppose to be an offensive dman.
Quote:
I didn't compare them, I just said we have people who can still play the point.

No one is denying he was money for us.

Neither is O'Byrne.

Please provide a link. I follow the Habs daily and I never heard him say that. The one thing I heard of Schneider is that he wants to play again with the Habs.[/QUOTE]

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2009, 10:02 PM
Bring_Bak_Damphousse
Classless User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schooner Guy View Post
You and many others must have stopped watching the playoffs as soon as the Habs were eliminated.

Gill and Scuderi were rocks for Pittsburgh on the blue line and were the go-to guys in late game situations to protect a lead. Gill played a very large role in Pittsburgh's Stanley Cup championship but his physical assets, smart play and great character aren't good enough for numerous posters who didn't even watch the playoffs just because he's lacking in footspeed.
No I saw him in the playoffs, and as I've said before "if he's good enough for a cup winnings top 4 he's good enough for the Habs top 6" I wasn't thrilled about the signing but hopefully he can prove me wrong. I just hope we get the Hal Gill from the Pens cup run and not the Hal Gill from the rest of his outstanding hockey career.

Bring_Bak_Damphousse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2009, 10:28 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Habs Go View Post
I can't see this happening. Not if we already have

Markov
Spacek
Harmlik
Gorges
Gill
Mara

Webber
O'Byrne

Schneider helped make our powerplay better when he joined us near the trade deadline but thats because he had a slapshot that we lacked. He has been replaced unfortunately.

honestly just wondering who you are referring to. My best guess is Spacek from the first list (as I can't think of anyone else on it with a good slapshot and I know nothing of Spacek's). IF you were talking about Webber, that would mean him playing either the "Streit" role or one of the veterans being kicked out (Gorges being the only "non-vet"). From what I remember in the playoffs, Webber was a small boy. Good shot, but needs a lot more time to grow into the physicality needed to start. I've actually been to a game when he was playing and he was ok. Then again it was a 6-2 rout of the leafs. Then again, maybe you meant someone else. Do enlighten me.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2009, 10:48 PM
peperebougon*

Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
honestly just wondering who you are referring to. My best guess is Spacek from the first list (as I can't think of anyone else on it with a good slapshot and I know nothing of Spacek's). IF you were talking about Webber, that would mean him playing either the "Streit" role or one of the veterans being kicked out (Gorges being the only "non-vet"). From what I remember in the playoffs, Webber was a small boy. Good shot, but needs a lot more time to grow into the physicality needed to start. I've actually been to a game when he was playing and he was ok. Then again it was a 6-2 rout of the leafs. Then again, maybe you meant someone else. Do enlighten me.
Actually, Weber is strong as a horse. If you have a chance, check out his chest!!!No need for him to fill up. He can hold his own physically right now. What he needs is confidence and experience more than pounds. He could use some more AHL time. We could have a sick powerplay in Hamilton with Subby, Weber and Carle.

peperebougon* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2009, 11:07 PM
Toro

Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
He has a good one timer from the point and creeps in nicely. he even unloads one timers from the right side. So he should be perfect for markov.

I was thinking Schneider for the 2nd PP unit with Hamrlik on the left.

Schneider may not get signed by the habs but there is a chance there is something done on Defence.

Kirk Muller said so in a interview on Habs Inside/out

Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2009, 10:33 AM
Kafka

I don't know if this is thruth since it comes from the friend of a friend, but Gainey was seen with Schneider recently somewhere at the 10-30 center. Can anyone confirm that? It would be a great move IMO, but only if Hamrlik is traded.

Kafka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2009, 10:37 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafka View Post
I don't know if this is thruth since it comes from the friend of a friend, but Gainey was seen with Schneider recently somewhere at the 10-30 center. Can anyone confirm that? It would be a great move IMO, but only if Hamrlik is traded.
Well if Schneider is brought in there has to be a trade.No way we start the season with those 7 D's.I'm sure none of those guy's will wanna watch from the press box and none are bad enough to do so.

If Schneider doesn't get an offer from us or another team,maybe Bob wants him to work with our D's?

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote