HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

TRADE: Korpikoski to PHX for Enver Lisin

Closed Thread

Old
07-17-2009, 12:05 PM
squishy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by offdacrossbar View Post
yes but squish, it makes no sense to move korpikoski for lisin and then have lisin back in hartford unless that deal was purely for cap relief.

lisin has dynamic skills and just the kind of swag that slats said he wants more of.

ill be bummed if hes in hartford and i have this feeling that lisin will be as well.
For the record, I don't think Lisin will spend the season in Hartford. I'm just saying I don't think he'll bolt if he does get sent down at any point.

Lisin's got sweet skills, but he's also a defensive nightmare. For that reason, I'm not ruling out an assignment to the AHL. Frankly, I think we're going to see a lot more movement between Hartford and NY this season, due to a combination of Torts' more aggressive style and the compressed schedule.

Old
07-21-2009, 10:50 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

Being that i was on vacation for two weeks, i missed this whole trade.

First thing that came to mine is, jesus does Maloney have a mancrush on Korpedo.

To be honest I know nothing about this guy Lisin. After reading the thread and looking at some scouting reports it looks like the Rangers are looking for a little more depth in the speed and scoring ability area.

Tough to see Korpikoski go though. I thought he put an honest effort in on a consistent basis, and i believed he actually could have taken it to the next level with some more confidence as his game grew. Whats tough here is that he was a solid PK and defensive player, but thats exactly what Renney needed, not Torts. ITs not about what Torts needs though, its about what the organization needs.

They do need some more scoring depth on the wings that are young. But this seems just as big as a gamble as resigning Zherdev for a little more than you want to, so it can be kind of confusing when you pick apart the deal. Its going to take a while to see how this plays out, but im not overly emotional about this deal one way or another because i doubt Korpedo would have made a huge impact on this squad.

Speed is good, and thats what Lisin has. The ability to score and possibly being paired with a Gaborik as an experiment is intriguing, or even fellow countrymen in Anisimov or Grachev in the future. But Lisin will determine his value in camp, and im sure we'll get an indication for Tortorella if he feels this kid has something to offer.

We also dont know whats going on with Korps and Lisin and the possibility of them signing in the KHL, so there could be other reasons for this trade. Not to mention the cap factor that has forced Glens hand into trading away even more youth now.

Im going to hold off judgement on this deal until i see it play out some more and i actually get a sound read on what this kid is all about. I know Korpikoski, i dont know Lisin.

Old
07-21-2009, 11:04 AM
Soks45

Lisin-Anisimov-Grachev

put that line together, pass go, collect 200 points

Old
07-21-2009, 11:48 AM
frozenrubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
We also dont know whats going on with Korps and Lisin and the possibility of them signing in the KHL, so there could be other reasons for this trade. Not to mention the cap factor that has forced Glens hand into trading away even more youth now.
Lauri signed a 2 yr deal in Phoenix (700k per)

Old
07-21-2009, 11:50 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozenrubber View Post
Lauri signed a 2 yr deal in Phoenix (700k per)
Thanks for the update

Old
07-21-2009, 07:53 PM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soks45 View Post
Lisin-Anisimov-Grachev

put that line together, pass go, collect 200 points
in 3 years...

Old
09-23-2009, 11:19 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Edge and the rest of you SOB's had this debate when I was on vacation and I totally missed this whole thread dammit!

Read the whole thing this morning, Edge makes some great points, as usual. Glad he brought up the quality of posters, over the years there has been an overall drop in quality as the younger guys(internet generation) has decided to voice their uninformed opinions. Everyone has an opinion, just seemed like it used to be done with alot more tact and posters were humble about what they did/didnt know as fact.

About Lisin, is he a 1st, 2nd 3rd, 4th liner? Is he a tweener? Is he all speed?

Can't say yet, its early. But what keeps coming back to me is Edge's comment about having a really good 3rd liner over an inconsistent scorer with speed.

Just wanted to say great thread overall, and Edge is missed badly around here.

Old
09-23-2009, 12:08 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Please don't bump up a 3 month old thread when there is a ton of threads this could have went.

Closed Thread