HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Stan Bowman promoted to GM

Old
07-15-2009, 01:52 PM
Bring Back GLR
Commit to the Indian

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Am I the only one that doesn't care what Martin Havlat thinks?

We signed Hossa because he is a safer bet to stay healthy. I doubt Havlat makes it thru his contract. I would have been absolutely pissed if we gave Havlat the deal he got from Wild. For all his talk about loyalty. How come he didn't throw us a bone and take a deep discount given how Hawks stood by him and paid him top tier money only for 1 full season of play?
Very true and even after Hossa was signed I was really hoping that Marty would have wanted to join the party, maybe finish what he helped start and sign a 1 year deal for like 3 mil. and have an excellent chance to win a cup. If he could have checked his ego and even possible Hossa as well, they all could have put the team first. Havlat has to understand why Tallon would'nt re-sign him long-term.

Plus one my dream trades would have been Versteeg and Skille to Minnesota for Josh Harding. We have a great team but goaltending is still a huge question mark until Huet, Crawford and Niemi prove otherwise.

Bring Back GLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2009, 08:47 AM
ChiGuySez
Showtime

Anyone who thinks Scotty is in charge by proxy is out of their minds. Yes Scotty will have a big influence but in the end, its Stan whos up front.

Personally I think hes in way over his head. If anyone thought Bollands interviews were bad, they may be eclipsed by Stans. Doesn't project a strong personality at all. Never did. Even through the Hawkscast. Maybe that will change as he grows into the job. I sure hope so.

He will be the one facing the other GMs for trades as well as negotiating with the players agents for salaries. Hope he doesn't get walked all over. As far as managerial skills, I'm sure he'll be able to get the RFA tenders out on time.

ChiGuySez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2009, 09:56 AM
Retail1LO

Send a message via ICQ to Retail1LO Send a message via AIM to Retail1LO Send a message via MSN to Retail1LO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bring Back GLR View Post
Very true and even after Hossa was signed I was really hoping that Marty would have wanted to join the party, maybe finish what he helped start and sign a 1 year deal for like 3 mil. and have an excellent chance to win a cup. If he could have checked his ego and even possible Hossa as well, they all could have put the team first. Havlat has to understand why Tallon would'nt re-sign him long-term.

Plus one my dream trades would have been Versteeg and Skille to Minnesota for Josh Harding. We have a great team but goaltending is still a huge question mark until Huet, Crawford and Niemi prove otherwise.
Not that Harding has proven all that much...but I've wanted him from the moment Khabi signed in the Great White North.

Retail1LO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2009, 09:57 AM
Retail1LO

Send a message via ICQ to Retail1LO Send a message via AIM to Retail1LO Send a message via MSN to Retail1LO
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGuySez View Post
Anyone who thinks Scotty is in charge by proxy is out of their minds. Yes Scotty will have a big influence but in the end, its Stan whos up front.

Personally I think hes in way over his head. If anyone thought Bollands interviews were bad, they may be eclipsed by Stans. Doesn't project a strong personality at all. Never did. Even through the Hawkscast. Maybe that will change as he grows into the job. I sure hope so.

He will be the one facing the other GMs for trades as well as negotiating with the players agents for salaries. Hope he doesn't get walked all over. As far as managerial skills, I'm sure he'll be able to get the RFA tenders out on time.
This.

Retail1LO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2009, 11:20 AM
AbeLincolnsGhost

Send a message via AIM to AbeLincolnsGhost
I don't personally know Stan so I won't pass judgment on whether he is ready or not. I think we do have to give the guy a chance before the cry that the sky is falling. It will be a transition and not everybody is great interviewee, so I don't think we can glean the future based on that.

AbeLincolnsGhost is offline   Reply With Quote