HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

An Open Letter to Carey Price

Closed Thread

Old
07-14-2009, 08:08 AM
Coldplay
Courage

vCash: 500
Not surprised at all of Price's fanboys rushing to his defense here.

There is nothing wrong/derogatory that the OP wrote, he writes what many fans who fork over money to watch this bloody team want: wins, and it all begins in net, so unless we get some consistency from Price (the 1st half plz, not the 2nd one) or Halak back there, we're not winning anything.

Old
07-14-2009, 08:09 AM
loudi94
Master of my Domain

vCash: 50
He's writing what most of us want to have happen.

My problem is that so far, Carey has not shown he even wants to be a hockey player. Loads of talent with an Alexandre Daigle mentality. I've said it before that I didn't think he "enjoyed" playing hockey, but after the Game 1 post game fiasco with BGL, I'm convinced unless his mindset changes he will bust.

Funny, 2 years ago I was glad they traded Huet and gave him the ball, now he has to show he wants the ball.

Old
07-14-2009, 08:12 AM
DDIHH

I think this letter looks like what's in most habs fans subconscious.

In fact, when we are on a 3 games losing streak, most habs fans I know just need 1 or 2 beers to say the same kind of things about ALL the players on the team.

BTW, I think that the OP intended to sound like a psycho and I had a good laugh at reading his letter.

Old
07-14-2009, 08:16 AM
LesCanadiens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludo View Post
kinda surprised by the negative reaction. Letter is well written and outlines expectations of fans paying 200$ to see their team play and win...nothing wrong there.

If people wanted to live their lives "pressure-free", professional sports is not the right career path.

I personally have a lot of faith in a Price rebound this year.
I agree...god forbid we hold someone accountable to do their job. No wonder our society has generally gone to crap....there is a noticeable and disturbing lack of respect in our society in general...and punk athletes making millions per year to play a game, and NOT respecting the joe-blow fan, who makes a fraction of what they do, are definitely near the bottom of the food chain in my opinion.

Old
07-14-2009, 08:35 AM
Tuggy

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
Not surprised at all of Price's fanboys rushing to his defense here.

There is nothing wrong/derogatory that the OP wrote, he writes what many fans who fork over money to watch this bloody team want: wins, and it all begins in net, so unless we get some consistency from Price (the 1st half plz, not the 2nd one) or Halak back there, we're not winning anything.
We should trade for Cristobal Huet.

Old
07-14-2009, 08:37 AM
Coldplay
Courage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy View Post
We should trade for Cristobal Huet.
Nah, I hear Martin Biron's available these days.

Old
07-14-2009, 08:40 AM
NHLcrazy

Dear Ryan O'byrne,

Please don't suck so much this year bro.

sincerely

J

PS: I'm a big fan

Old
07-14-2009, 08:41 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHLcrazy View Post
Dear Ryan O'byrne,

Please don't suck so much this year bro.

sincerely

J

PS: I'm a big fan
The Paul Mara addition = no Ryan O'Byrne in the top 6!

Old
07-14-2009, 08:42 AM
flappuck

If only people could react that way about things that actually matter...

Old
07-14-2009, 08:45 AM
Jigger77

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
Wow...Who the hell cares if he smokes? The picture was taken last offseason. For all you know he's just a social smoker. And if not, really, who cares?

Guy Lafleur smoked during intermissions. It doesn't mean ****.

I do.

NHL athletes should not be smoking. Period. I still can't believe people defend this it's absolutely nonsensical.

Lafleur's career probably would have been longer had he not smoked too. Besides back then guys showed up to camp out of shape and it was a much, much different league in terms of conditioning back then.

You can smoke in beer league, this is the NHL. When you become the goalie for the Montreal Canadiens and you make millions of dollars a year I don't think not smoking is too much to ask/impose on a player.

Old
07-14-2009, 08:45 AM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Seriously?????

Did you send that????

Seriously?????

:

There should be a combination of the facepalm and shakehead smileys for these type of moments... really, its badly needed.

Old
07-14-2009, 08:46 AM
Coldplay
Courage

Dear Andrei and Sergei Kostitsyn,

We know you have the talent. We know you could be elite players. Now lay it out on the table and do what we and everyone knows you're capable of doing.

Andrei, you can score 40 if you wanted to, try and get a little more consistency and drive. Your wrist shot is killer, you're a beast when on, so try being "on" all time time; don't become like...Kovalev. ()

Sergei, 2 years ago you made some of the most ridiculous passes I've ever seen. Your hockey sense and vision is incredible, now put it to use, crack the top 6 and put up 50 points. Stop taking selfish useless penalties because you didn't backcheck: play it 110% every shift, like Saku before you, and Brian now.

Signed,

-Coldplay

Old
07-14-2009, 08:48 AM
flappuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post
I do.

NHL athletes should not be smoking. Period. I still can't believe people defend this it's absolutely nonsensical.

Lafleur's career probably would have been longer had he not smoked too. Besides back then guys showed up to camp out of shape and it was a much, much different league in terms of conditioning back then.

You can smoke in beer league, this is the NHL. When you become the goalie for the Montreal Canadiens and you make millions of dollars a year I don't think not smoking is too much to ask/impose on a player.
You honestly think his smoking while on holiday in Mexico once a year is what made him stink it up last year?

Old
07-14-2009, 08:49 AM
Schooner Guy

I see a restraining order in Lech Nowak's near future.

Old
07-14-2009, 08:50 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
Dear Andrei and Sergei Kostitsyn,

We know you have the talent. We know you could be elite players. Now lay it out on the table and do what we and everyone knows you're capable of doing.

Andrei, you can score 40 if you wanted to, try and get a little more consistency and drive. Your wrist shot is killer, you're a beast when on, so try being "on" all time time; don't become like...Kovalev. ()

Sergei, 2 years ago you made some of the most ridiculous passes I've ever seen. Your hockey sense and vision is incredible, now put it to use, crack the top 6 and put up 50 points. Stop taking selfish useless penalties because you didn't backcheck: play it 110% every shift, like Saku before you, and Brian now.

Signed,

-Coldplay
This I agree with more,those 2 with the talent they have need to step it up big time,especially Andrei

Old
07-14-2009, 08:52 AM
Pierre Dagenais
RIP Mr. Hockey

Dear Pierre Dagenais,

Please come back to the NHL and the Montreal Canadiens. We need your charisma and leadership to set the team in the right direction. Not to mention the sick ass wristshot that has won us many games in the shootout and against the Kings.

Signed,

PD

PS. I'm a big fan

Old
07-14-2009, 08:53 AM
Jigger77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tout ptit View Post
You honestly think his smoking while on holiday in Mexico once a year is what made him stink it up last year?
I don't think it helped him that's for sure.

Old
07-14-2009, 08:54 AM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
I do.

Dude, he's not a regular smoker. I know that from many people who've seen and talked to him. He rarely smokes. This is not like he was smoking in the lockeroom like Lafleur did. Lafleur also smoked close to a pack a day. Carey probably smokes a pack per year. It's a summer party thang... come on, FCOL.

And also, I'm a smoker myself, not proud of it, as I quit twice for more than one year, and started back again. But if you ask dudes on this board who I play ball hockey with, like giovannicinella, they'll tell you I'm one of the guys always pushing it to the limit in the rink. Knowing the difference when I stopped smoking, where I push it to the limit and not many can follow me, when I don't smoke, I don't think extremely occasional smoking would do any difference in Carey's performance.

Now if someone told me he smoked pot in the regular season, then I would agree that its highly irresponsible, because pot screws way more with your nervous system and concentration (although, I do think it gives way to higher creativity). Believe me I know, I've tested being on and off of these two things.

Old
07-14-2009, 08:55 AM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre Dagenais View Post
Dear Pierre Dagenais,

Please come back to the NHL and the Montreal Canadiens. We need your charisma and leadership to set the team in the right direction. Not to mention the sick ass wristshot that has won us many games in the shootout and against the Kings.

Signed,

PD

PS. I'm a big fan

Old
07-14-2009, 08:57 AM
Ludo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tout ptit View Post
that's what you read?? Reading between the lines is not for everyone...

NHL players are:
a) supposed to keep their bodies in top condition (not that social smoking impacts this)
b) they are role models for kids

I really don't care about social smoking...but a star player that would be a regular smoker would present a problem imo.

Old
07-14-2009, 08:59 AM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre Dagenais View Post
Dear Pierre Dagenais,

Signed,

PD

PS. I'm a big fan
I can outskate Dagenais any day of the week (have done so before, against him in Boisbriands where he played every once in awhile... Parc Pellerin, almost 8-9 years ago). And he's no good against strong defensive play. He actually asked me to stop doing stick lifts on him. He said that's not how people play in pond hockey... I guess he was just tired of me trying to pick away the puck from him.

I know you were kidding, but I shudder at the thought of having him back on the team.

Old
07-14-2009, 08:59 AM
Habs Blooded*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
Well I breast that boobie the headlights if he wants to milk bags... sorry, post hijacked by your avatar.
Hilarious!! I was thinking the same thing!!

Im with LN by the way. Price needs a hard shake or a man slap. He needs to stop being so bloody emotional as well.

Funny the guys that are like "wow man take it easy". really?!? Maybe they were a little too taken by BG's chosen one.

As an athlete, he needs to step up.

Old
07-14-2009, 09:01 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
I can outskate Dagenais any day of the week (have done so before, against him in Boisbriands where he played every once in awhile... Parc Pellerin, almost 8-9 years ago). And he's no good against strong defensive play. He actually asked me to stop doing stick lifts on him. He said that's not how people play in pond hockey... I guess he was just tired of me trying to pick away the puck from him.

I know you were kidding, but I shudder at the thought of having him back on the team.
actually,i'm not so sure he was,especially with his user name...

Old
07-14-2009, 09:02 AM
Jigger77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
Dude, he's not a regular smoker. I know that from many people who've seen and talked to him. He rarely smokes. This is not like he was smoking in the lockeroom like Lafleur did. Lafleur also smoked close to a pack a day. Carey probably smokes a pack per year. It's a summer party thang... come on, FCOL.

And also, I'm a smoker myself, not proud of it, as I quit twice for more than one year, and started back again. But if you ask dudes on this board who I play ball hockey with, like giovannicinella, they'll tell you I'm one of the guys always pushing it to the limit in the rink. Knowing the difference when I stopped smoking, where I push it to the limit and not many can follow me, when I don't smoke, I don't think extremely occasional smoking would do any difference in Carey's performance.

Now if someone told me he smoked pot in the regular season, then I would agree that its highly irresponsible, because pot screws way more with your nervous system and concentration (although, I do think it gives way to higher creativity). Believe me I know, I've tested being on and off of these two things.
FCOL?

Thanks doc, but I'll stick with my point of view. There is no amount of cigarettes that are ok for NHL athletes. Although I respect your opinion you won't convince me.

Also this whole "social smoking" thing is a farce. You're either a smoker or you're not. I tried to be a social smoker and you just end up drinking more often or having one in the morning one day. lol.

You either don't smoke at all or you're a smoker imho. Call it experience.

Old
07-14-2009, 09:04 AM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
FCOL?

Thanks doc, but I'll stick with my point of view. There is no amount of cigarettes that are ok for NHL athletes. Although I respect your opinion you won't convince me.
FCOL = For Crying Out Loud

Closed Thread