HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Central Europe
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Central Europe Czech Republic, Slovakia, Poland, Hungary, Italy

The "Everbody goes Russia" thread

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-14-2009, 05:48 AM
  #1
slovakiasnextone
Registered User
 
slovakiasnextone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Slovakia
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 4,738
vCash: 500
The "Everbody goes Russia" thread

In the 2008/2009 inaugural KHL season 17 Slovaks played at least a few games, right now there are 15 players with a KHL contract (that I know of), but I think that it is very possible that by the start of KHL´s season the number of Slovaks will be much higher somewhere around 20-25 players.

Here are some lists of the players, in the brackets you´ll find the league where the players played the season before.


2008/2009
Barys Astana
D Branislav Mezei (NHL)
F Jozef Stumpel (NHL)
F Gabriel Spilar (SVK Extraliga)

Dinamo Minsk
G Matus Kostur (Belarusian Open League)
D Richard Lintner (SEL)

Dinamo Riga
F Ronald Petrovicky (SEL/NLA)
F Marcel Hossa (NHL)

Metallurg Novokuznetsk
F Richard Kapus (SVK Extraliga)

Neftekhimik Nizhnekamsk
D Tomas Starosta (RSL)

Severstal Cherepovets
G Rastislav Stana (SEL)
F Ladislav Nagy (NHL)

Sibir Novosibirsk
F Ivan Ciernik (DEL)
F Rastislav Pavlikovsky (NLA)

Spartak Moscow

D Ivan Baranka (AHL)
F Stefan Ruzicka (AHL/NHL)
F Branko Radivojevic (NHL)

Torpedo Nizhni Novgorod
D Peter Podhradsky (RSL)

2009/2010

2009/2010
Automobilist Ekaterinburg
D Tomas Slovak (DEL/ SVK Extraliga)
F Gabriel Špilár (Barys Astana) (try-out)

Barys Astana
F Jozef Stumpel
D Peter Podhradsky (Torpedo Nizhni Novgorod)

Dinamo Riga
F Marcel Hossa

HC MVD
D Martin Štrbák (SEL)

Lada Togliatti
F Roman Kukumberg (SVK Extraliga)

Lokomotiv Yaroslavl

F Richard Zednik (NHL)

Metallurg Novokuznetsk

F Richard Kapus

Severstal Cherepovets
G Rastislav Stana
D Peter Smrek (CZE Extraliga)
F Ladislav Nagy
F Marek Zagrapan (AHL)

Spartak Moscow
D Ivan Baranka
D Jaroslav Obsut (SEL)
F Stefan Ruzicka
F Branko Radivojevic
F Martin Cibak (SEL)

Players still without a contract who played in the KHL last year
D Branislav Mezei
D Richard Lintner
D Tomas Starosta
F Rastislav Pavlikovsky

Players who might be on the move to the KHL from other leagues
G Jan Lasak (CZE Extraliga)
F Miroslav Satan (NHL)
F Miroslav Lazo (SVK Extraliga)
F Robert Dome (SVK Extraliga)

Hopefully I didn´t forget anyone.


Last edited by slovakiasnextone: 08-10-2009 at 03:08 PM.
slovakiasnextone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2009, 10:32 AM
  #2
vlady
Registered User
 
vlady's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Dulovce
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 142
vCash: 500
I am surprised Marcel Hossa wasn't grabbed by anyone yet. He had a pretty good season and I think he has improved. Maybe he could even return to NHL if anyone noticed his progress.

vlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2009, 11:39 AM
  #3
slovakiasnextone
Registered User
 
slovakiasnextone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Slovakia
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 4,738
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlady View Post
I am surprised Marcel Hossa wasn't grabbed by anyone yet. He had a pretty good season and I think he has improved. Maybe he could even return to NHL if anyone noticed his progress.
Yeah, I am surprised to. But I don´t think going back to the NHL would be smart, he´s just not gonna be a top 6 player there.

slovakiasnextone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2009, 02:34 PM
  #4
Kamzik
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 1,491
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlady View Post
I am surprised Marcel Hossa wasn't grabbed by anyone yet. He had a pretty good season and I think he has improved. Maybe he could even return to NHL if anyone noticed his progress.
From Marian Hossa's online interview with Pravda last week:

Q: Where do you think your brother will play next season? Have you asked him where he would like to go? Does he want to return to the NHL?

A: He has had offers from overseas, but he certainly doesn't want to return under the circumstances that he would be a 4th liner, so he'd rather play and remain in the KHL.

Kamzik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2009, 03:08 PM
  #5
slovakiasnextone
Registered User
 
slovakiasnextone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Slovakia
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 4,738
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamzik View Post
From Marian Hossa's online interview with Pravda last week:

Q: Where do you think your brother will play next season? Have you asked him where he would like to go? Does he want to return to the NHL?

A: He has had offers from overseas, but he certainly doesn't want to return under the circumstances that he would be a 4th liner, so he'd rather play and remain in the KHL.
Pretty much what I thought. But yeah, still surprised he hasn´t signed a KHL contract yet though the KHL market with players seems to be kinda dead right now.

slovakiasnextone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2009, 06:47 AM
  #6
vlady
Registered User
 
vlady's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Dulovce
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 142
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by slovakiaforever View Post
Yeah, I am surprised to. But I don´t think going back to the NHL would be smart, he´s just not gonna be a top 6 player there.
"just a top 6 player"? If he was offered to be a top 6 forward he would have gone for sure. of course nobody can guarantee him that. but that's typical for a Slovakian. Rather than work hard and make sure you get a shot at being top6 on the team, he doesn't even try it. His confidence is probably not too high. He will never return to the NHL if he expects that a GM will guarantee a position in top 2 lines. Everybody has to battle for that kind of a position. But obviously he is not ready to work too hard. Too bad for him. This way he will end up like Nagy, Surovy, Cisar, Zalesak, Bartovic and others who have just gone down the hill ever since they left NHL. And that's one of the reasons why Slovak hockey is where it is right now. Nobody is prepared to work hard...

vlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2009, 09:16 AM
  #7
slovakiasnextone
Registered User
 
slovakiasnextone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Slovakia
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 4,738
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlady View Post
"just a top 6 player"? If he was offered to be a top 6 forward he would have gone for sure. of course nobody can guarantee him that. but that's typical for a Slovakian. Rather than work hard and make sure you get a shot at being top6 on the team, he doesn't even try it. His confidence is probably not too high. He will never return to the NHL if he expects that a GM will guarantee a position in top 2 lines. Everybody has to battle for that kind of a position. But obviously he is not ready to work too hard. Too bad for him. This way he will end up like Nagy, Surovy, Cisar, Zalesak, Bartovic and others who have just gone down the hill ever since they left NHL. And that's one of the reasons why Slovak hockey is where it is right now. Nobody is prepared to work hard...
I don´t really think you can base something like that on nationality, what about those who made it? What about Chara for example?

You can say it about guys like Zagrapan or Baranka.
But I don´t think you can say something like that about a guy like Hossa, who´s been up and down in the NHL for like 6 years and
except a few games it was always 3/4 in for him. I just don´t like what many people think now that just because he was a top player in the KHL he´s good enough for a top 6 spot in the NHL. I just don´t believe that. And in that case it´s better for him to play a major role on a KHL team.

slovakiasnextone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2009, 07:00 AM
  #8
vlady
Registered User
 
vlady's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Dulovce
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 142
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by slovakiaforever View Post
I don´t really think you can base something like that on nationality, what about those who made it? What about Chara for example?

You can say it about guys like Zagrapan or Baranka.
But I don´t think you can say something like that about a guy like Hossa, who´s been up and down in the NHL for like 6 years and
except a few games it was always 3/4 in for him. I just don´t like what many people think now that just because he was a top player in the KHL he´s good enough for a top 6 spot in the NHL. I just don´t believe that. And in that case it´s better for him to play a major role on a KHL team.
Chara, yeah. And maybe some others. Some made it thanks to their talent, others thanks to hard work. But so often our talented guys just lose it and end up in Europe or even in Slovakia. And when they return to Europe they usually continue in their decline. I hope this will not be the case for Marcel Hossa. But he was drafted 16th overall. He was a very good junior but couldn't make the transition. He had the chance to develop into a top 6 forward and maybe even better. But instead he was a mediocre player with a few flashes of excellence. He was very inconsistent in terms of point production.

vlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2009, 12:02 PM
  #9
Kamzik
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 1,491
vCash: 500
I guess Peter Olvecky hasn't joined the trend of going to Russia. Olvecky signs a one year two way deal with the Nashville Predators, worth $500 000 on the NHL level and $105 000 on the AHL level.

Kamzik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2009, 02:33 PM
  #10
slovakiasnextone
Registered User
 
slovakiasnextone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Slovakia
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 4,738
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlady View Post
Chara, yeah. And maybe some others. Some made it thanks to their talent, others thanks to hard work. But so often our talented guys just lose it and end up in Europe or even in Slovakia. And when they return to Europe they usually continue in their decline. I hope this will not be the case for Marcel Hossa. But he was drafted 16th overall. He was a very good junior but couldn't make the transition. He had the chance to develop into a top 6 forward and maybe even better. But instead he was a mediocre player with a few flashes of excellence. He was very inconsistent in terms of point production.
Only very few prospects turn out well, of course the number for first rounders is higher,but....
There is a whole load of players from other countries who never panned out either, the reason why you can see it so significantly with Slovak players is probably due to the small number of players we have. And I believe that Marcel was slightly overrated when he was drafted because of Marian. Being a top forward in the CHL does not mean the player is gonna develop into a top NHL forward, you don´t have to look any further than Kopecky. Let´s not even talk about Lascek, though that is a very different story.
And I´d say that Marcel has rather improved than declined in the KHL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamzik View Post
I guess Peter Olvecky hasn't joined the trend of going to Russia. Olvecky signs a one year two way deal with the Nashville Predators, worth $500 000 on the NHL level and $105 000 on the AHL level.
Yeah, surprising to me, I tink it´s very probable that he´ll end up in the AHL with some call-ups. Gotta take him off the list from the first post.

slovakiasnextone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2009, 04:44 AM
  #11
vlady
Registered User
 
vlady's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Dulovce
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 142
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by slovakiaforever View Post
Only very few prospects turn out well, of course the number for first rounders is higher,but....
There is a whole load of players from other countries who never panned out either, the reason why you can see it so significantly with Slovak players is probably due to the small number of players we have. And I believe that Marcel was slightly overrated when he was drafted because of Marian. Being a top forward in the CHL does not mean the player is gonna develop into a top NHL forward, you don´t have to look any further than Kopecky. Let´s not even talk about Lascek, though that is a very different story.
And I´d say that Marcel has rather improved than declined in the KHL.



Yeah, surprising to me, I tink it´s very probable that he´ll end up in the AHL with some call-ups. Gotta take him off the list from the first post.
Sure Marcel has improved, but what will be the trend from here? Usually decline is what follows. Surovy also played well a few seasons back in Elitserien. Sure he had an injury but that's kinda of an excuse for him. He is so bad now that he can't even hit the crossbar in frustration (i honestly believe he didn't hit Halak on purpose).

Good for Olvie. He had a good season and I think he played well in the NHL. Nashville is not a loaded team so he has a good chance of cracking the lineup.

Btw. Marcel seems to be in negotiations with Dinamo Minsk. Probably only a matter of time before he signs.

vlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2009, 07:11 AM
  #12
slovakiasnextone
Registered User
 
slovakiasnextone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Slovakia
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 4,738
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlady View Post
Sure Marcel has improved, but what will be the trend from here? Usually decline is what follows. Surovy also played well a few seasons back in Elitserien. Sure he had an injury but that's kinda of an excuse for him. He is so bad now that he can't even hit the crossbar in frustration (i honestly believe he didn't hit Halak on purpose).

Good for Olvie. He had a good season and I think he played well in the NHL. Nashville is not a loaded team so he has a good chance of cracking the lineup.

Btw. Marcel seems to be in negotiations with Dinamo Minsk. Probably only a matter of time before he signs.
Well, let´s just hope that Marcel does not have an injury in the near future that he could use as an excuse. Minsk is just one of the clubs he´s negotiating with, I´ve been told by a Riga fan that there also are rumours that he´s close to re-signing with Riga, but those might be false.

We´ll see how Olvecky does in camp.

slovakiasnextone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2009, 03:05 PM
  #13
slovakiasnextone
Registered User
 
slovakiasnextone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Slovakia
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 4,738
vCash: 500
Well, Marcel Hossa is staying in Riga after all. Gabriel Špilár (last season Barys Astana) is on a try-out in Avtomobilist Jekateriburg.

Meanwhile another player has gone over to the dark side as Martin Štrbák (SEL last season) has signed a contract with HC MVD according to eliteporspects.com.

slovakiasnextone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2009, 11:20 AM
  #14
vlady
Registered User
 
vlady's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Dulovce
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 142
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by slovakiaforever View Post
Well, Marcel Hossa is staying in Riga after all. Gabriel Špilár (last season Barys Astana) is on a try-out in Avtomobilist Jekateriburg.

Meanwhile another player has gone over to the dark side as Martin Štrbák (SEL last season) has signed a contract with HC MVD according to eliteporspects.com.
LMAO @ "dark side"

I am surprised Riga actually kept on to Hossa. there was so much time for potential bidders that I expected him to sign with someone else by now. anyway, lets hope he can be at least as good as last year

vlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2009, 12:58 AM
  #15
Kamzik
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 1,491
vCash: 500
18 Slovaks start the year in the KHL, already more than played all of last year [17]. An impressive 5 Slovaks on Spartak Moscow and 4 with Severstaľ Čerepovec. I guess Gabriel Špilár's try-out wasn't successful. Tomáš Starosta is back with Neftechimik Nižnekamsk. Otherwise the list above is complete.

Kamzik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2009, 04:20 PM
  #16
Kamzik
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 1,491
vCash: 500
Marek Zagrapan had a shorthanded goal in his debut with Severstal Cherepovets of the KHL, set up by Peter Smrek. I am making a prediction that Zagrapan leads all Slovaks in the KHL this year in scoring.

Kamzik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2009, 05:36 PM
  #17
slovakiasnextone
Registered User
 
slovakiasnextone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Slovakia
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 4,738
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamzik View Post
18 Slovaks start the year in the KHL, already more than played all of last year [17]. An impressive 5 Slovaks on Spartak Moscow and 4 with Severstaľ Čerepovec. I guess Gabriel Špilár's try-out wasn't successful. Tomáš Starosta is back with Neftechimik Nižnekamsk. Otherwise the list above is complete.
Gabirel Spilar, formerly known as Gabriel Špilár has signed with Mshk Žilina and will be playing in the Extraliga this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamzik View Post
Marek Zagrapan had a shorthanded goal in his debut with Severstal Cherepovets of the KHL, set up by Peter Smrek. I am making a prediction that Zagrapan leads all Slovaks in the KHL this year in scoring.
I believe that you´re juming to conclusions very fast based on one freaking goal. IMO I don´t even remember Zagrapan scoring a goal or having an assist in the preseason. Don´t want to say that he won´t do good, but there are Slovak players in the KHL who have superior accomplishments in the AHL and in the NHL compared to Zagrapan and have more experience with senior hockey in Europe. I´d be very surprised if he beats Ružička, Radivojevič or maybe even Stumpel. I´m not sure about Hossa, because he will strugge a bit in my opinion since Riga will rely more on Latvian players than te foreigners this year, neither am I sure about Zedník.

slovakiasnextone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2009, 02:31 AM
  #18
Kamzik
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 1,491
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by slovakiaforever View Post
Gabirel Spilar, formerly known as Gabriel Špilár has signed with Mshk Žilina and will be playing in the Extraliga this year.

I believe that you´re juming to conclusions very fast based on one freaking goal. IMO I don´t even remember Zagrapan scoring a goal or having an assist in the preseason. Don´t want to say that he won´t do good, but there are Slovak players in the KHL who have superior accomplishments in the AHL and in the NHL compared to Zagrapan and have more experience with senior hockey in Europe. I´d be very surprised if he beats Ružička, Radivojevič or maybe even Stumpel. I´m not sure about Hossa, because he will strugge a bit in my opinion since Riga will rely more on Latvian players than te foreigners this year, neither am I sure about Zedník.
You are certainly right, Zagrapan hasn't impressed. He has better stats than Stefan Ruzicka though, any idea what is wrong with him? Ruzicka is playing himself off a possible spot with the Olympic team. I have heard Marcel Hossa has been good, and Stumpel is the leading scorer on the best non-Russian KHL team.

Kamzik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2010, 10:15 AM
  #19
slovakiasnextone
Registered User
 
slovakiasnextone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Slovakia
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 4,738
vCash: 500
updated as of 06/01/2010- Peter Mikuš- Neftekhimik Nizhnekamsk

This thread needs a serious update:
F Tomáš Bulík (HC 05 Banská Bystrica/SVK)- Budivelnyk Kyiiv
D Dominik Graňák (Rogle/SEL)- OHK Dynamo Moscow
F Milan Bartovič (HC Liberec/CZE)- Atlant Mytischi
F Juraj Kolník (Servette Geneve/NLA)- OHK Dynamo Moscow
D Peter Mikuš (HC Košice/SVK)- Neftekhimik Nizhnekamsk

In the KHL
Jozef Stumpel (Barys Astana) - Dinamo Minsk
Marcel Hossa (Dinamo Riga)- Ak Bars Kazaň
Martin Štrbák (HK MVD)- OHK Dynamo Moscow

There also are more players that moght sign, of course there´s Pálffy, Rudolf Huna and some others, also there was interest in Budaj etc.....

Atlant Mytischi

F Milan Bartovič

Dynamo Minsk

D Peter Podhradský
F Jozef Stumpel

Ak Bars Kazaň
F Marcel Hossa

OHK Dynamo Moscow

D Martin Štrbák
D Dominik Graňák
F Juraj Kolník

Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
F Richard Zedník

Neftekhimik Nizhnekamsk

D Peter Mikuš

Spartak Moscow
D Ivan Baranka
D Jaroslav Obšut
F Martin Cibák
F Branko Radivojevič
F Štefan Ružička

Players with contracts ended 09/10 that will most probably or might sign:
F Roman Kukumberg
D Tomáš Slovák
F Robert Petrovický
D Richard Lintner
G Ján Lašák
F Tomáš Starosta
F Ladislav Nagy
D Peter Smrek
G Rastislav Staňa



Kukumberg will probably leave Kazaň, but other KHL teams are interested, Kapuš has returned to Slovan, not sure what will be with Zagrapan, but for his good I hope he rather signs elsewhere in Sweden or Finland, don´t think he will be much willing to sign in Russia after what happened with him this year.


Last edited by slovakiasnextone: 06-01-2010 at 10:50 AM.
slovakiasnextone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2010, 04:35 PM
  #20
Harv
R.I.P. Pavol.
 
Harv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 5,550
vCash: 500
Ak Bars signed Marcel Hossa? Damn, team will be very good again.

Harv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2010, 05:35 PM
  #21
yanokovich
Registered User
 
yanokovich's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Montreal
Posts: 430
vCash: 500
Marek Svatos will have a lot of interest from Khl Club,i doubt a nhl team sign him

yanokovich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2010, 06:01 PM
  #22
slovakiasnextone
Registered User
 
slovakiasnextone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Slovakia
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 4,738
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harv View Post
Ak Bars signed Marcel Hossa? Damn, team will be very good again.
I´m not even sure whether he did 100%, one day they claim he did, the other he didn´t. However I don´t see it as a good step for him, IMO too big concurence and noone will give him as much ice-time as Šupler, he probably won´t be nearly as succesful as in Riga.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanokovich View Post
Marek Svatos will have a lot of interest from Khl Club,i doubt a nhl team sign him
Well, if he plays anything like he did at the WHC, he will be a 2nd Nagy in the making for a KHL team.

However sadly, I think Marek currently has much different worries, I´ve heard that on the day of Slovakia´s last day at the WHC his dad died unexpectedly.

slovakiasnextone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 12:18 AM
  #23
Harv
R.I.P. Pavol.
 
Harv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 5,550
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by slovakiasnextone View Post

Well, if he plays anything like he did at the WHC, he will be a 2nd Nagy in the making for a KHL team.

However sadly, I think Marek currently has much different worries, I´ve heard that on the day of Slovakia´s last day at the WHC his dad died unexpectedly.

Sorry to hear about Mareks father. Hope he's doing alright.


But I think Svatoš is still way to young for him to be thinking KHL. He had one terrible season in last year but otherwise he's a serviceable player. I can see him fitting into a top 6 role much more than Marcel Hossa. Maybe he ends up in Boston with Chara? I could see him there.

As for Budaj, is there a demand for NHL goalies next year in the KHL? I can't see how he would be overly excited to leave a cushy life in North America to playing somewhere like Nizhnekamsk. But hey, it didn't stop Zedník.

Speaking of Zed, I see he got divorced from Jessica Welch. I guess living in Yaroslavl might do that.

Harv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 03:55 AM
  #24
slovakiasnextone
Registered User
 
slovakiasnextone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Slovakia
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 4,738
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harv View Post
Sorry to hear about Mareks father. Hope he's doing alright.


But I think Svatoš is still way to young for him to be thinking KHL. He had one terrible season in last year but otherwise he's a serviceable player. I can see him fitting into a top 6 role much more than Marcel Hossa. Maybe he ends up in Boston with Chara? I could see him there.

As for Budaj, is there a demand for NHL goalies next year in the KHL? I can't see how he would be overly excited to leave a cushy life in North America to playing somewhere like Nizhnekamsk. But hey, it didn't stop Zedník.

Speaking of Zed, I see he got divorced from Jessica Welch. I guess living in Yaroslavl might do that.
Actually, Zednik´s divroce happened before he left to Russia, so basially it was one of the reasons, that he needed to get away.

So it could be different with Marek, his wife and their kid, who is like one I think.

slovakiasnextone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 07:59 AM
  #25
Harv
R.I.P. Pavol.
 
Harv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 5,550
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by slovakiasnextone View Post
So it could be different with Marek, his wife and their kid, who is like one I think.
Well, did Marek marry a North American? That can factor into his choice.

Harv is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:46 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.