HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

I'm getting sick of it...

Closed Thread

Old
03-31-2004, 09:28 PM
Histrion

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Histrion
I'm getting sick of it...

I am getting absolutly sick of people that never stop ranting about the Kovalev's trade. Will you guys ever shut up? We heard your point, now friggin' move on!

I mean... I don't care if this deal doesn't pan out as well as expected. I don't care if Kovalev don't resign here. To me, this deal is purely symbolic. I don't look at the stats sheet every night to see if we wonor not. We won! Yeah, "we", the fans, the team and the organization. Bob Gainey and George Gillett made a statement with this deal. What it tells us is that they are ready to go and get a pricey veteran when the team is playing well, something we haven't done since something like 1970 with Frank Mahovlich.. and you guys are complaining because we might have had the best end of the deal? Come on! Trades are like games, you win some, you lose some, but you just move on. In this case, a lot of you seems to think we are losers. Well, maybe that Balej would have been a wisest choice for the future, but he wasn't even playing on our roster when he was traded and, furthermore, Kovalev, when he is "on", is a much more lethal weapon that Balej will ever be.

Now, you can continue to look at this deal from a narrow range, but once you get beyond that, you'll see that this deal make mean a lot more than two players and a pick being traded.

Old
03-31-2004, 09:29 PM
Mooch

Send a message via MSN to Mooch
Was there any need for this, its not like people are gona listen too you anyways.

Old
03-31-2004, 09:30 PM
Histrion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooch
Was there any need for this, its not like people are gona listen too you anyways.
I just thought he would be about time that someone said what a lot what the less vocals Habs fans think meanwhile the others never stop ranting for futilities.

Old
03-31-2004, 09:32 PM
Brisson11

Send a message via MSN to Brisson11
I'm already sick...

Old
03-31-2004, 09:34 PM
gohabsgo2010

Send a message via AIM to gohabsgo2010
Hi,

I'm Josef Balej. I'm an unproven kid who's trying to catch on with the worst, most laughable franchise in the NHL. Please feel sorry for me. I know I was a good prospect in Montreal, but I hope you appreciate receiving such a talented player in Kovalev, for me, a name who's just trying to make hockey into a living. I can skate fast and I made the AHL All Star game, but there's no need for Habs fans to bow to me. In fact, there's nothing I can do that Kovalev can't, and if a few of you can give up that nasty habit of eating horse **** for breakfast, maybe you'll realize that Alex Kovalev, yes the man who many liked to call one of the best in the world not too long ago, is three times the player I'll ever be.

Old
03-31-2004, 09:34 PM
db23

It isn't like Kovalev's ineffectiveness should be a huge surprise to anyone. He has done dick the past couple of years in N.Y. surrounded by much better talent than Montreal has.

Old
03-31-2004, 09:36 PM
#44_delivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooch
no they wont but that doesnt change the fact that there flaming h**o *ex***s that need to get a life!
when kovalev breaks out in the playoffs they will all ride the same bandwagon and say i told you so.you guys are all dancing DCKS

Old
03-31-2004, 09:36 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesome`
I am getting absolutly sick of people that never stop ranting about the Kovalev's trade. Will you guys ever shut up? We heard your point, now friggin' move on!

I mean... I don't care if this deal doesn't pan out as well as expected. I don't care if Kovalev don't resign here. To me, this deal is purely symbolic. I don't look at the stats sheet every night to see if we wonor not. We won! Yeah, "we", the fans, the team and the organization. Bob Gainey and George Gillett made a statement with this deal. What it tells us is that they are ready to go and get a pricey veteran when the team is playing well, something we haven't done since something like 1970 with Frank Mahovlich.. and you guys are complaining because we might have had the best end of the deal? Come on! Trades are like games, you win some, you lose some, but you just move on. In this case, a lot of you seems to think we are losers. Well, maybe that Balej would have been a wisest choice for the future, but he wasn't even playing on our roster when he was traded and, furthermore, Kovalev, when he is "on", is a much more lethal weapon that Balej will ever be.

Now, you can continue to look at this deal from a narrow range, but once you get beyond that, you'll see that this deal make mean a lot more than two players and a pick being traded.
I agree time to move on, and let the players play. I was the first one who said here that the trade was bad (Balej was my fav prospect), but enough already, stop picking on one player, let him play, encourage instead of booing. The guy is happy to play in Montreal (remember how he celebrated his first goal), he plays for the fans. Stop booing and behave like normal, civilized fans, otherwise no super star will ever play in Montreal. The guy needs support to get his confidence back. Let's Go Habs!

Old
03-31-2004, 09:38 PM
Karl Pilkington

Starting a thread about your annoyance with the Kovalev talk will just add to the talk. People will talk about Kovalev as long as they want to since there's always something that needs to be complained about.. If you're tired of hearing about kovalev do what I do: ignore the threads about him

Old
03-31-2004, 09:39 PM
#44_delivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAN-HAB
Stop booing and behave like normal, civilized fans, otherwise no super star will ever play in Montreal
zactly!!!

Old
03-31-2004, 09:40 PM
EaGLE1

I'm Jozef Balej, and i'm a smallish unproven winger. And can do all the AHL moves but since i'm in the NHL, i've scored 1 goal & 3 passes in 15 games. That's impressing, i know!

Some peoples expected me to play on a line with Saku or Mike Ribeiro, 2 players who are smallish too.

SMALL IS THE KEY!!! We simply don't ****ing need another small forward. Exception: Martin St-Louis..

Old
03-31-2004, 09:40 PM
Team_Spirit
Gangsta Pleks

Old
03-31-2004, 09:42 PM
Brisson11

Send a message via MSN to Brisson11
You can't fix something thats broken by not touching it...

JoseTheo... Just sitting back and watching some loser habs fans talk negative all day isn't going to solve much now is it?

Old
03-31-2004, 09:42 PM
Team_Spirit
Gangsta Pleks

Quote:
Originally Posted by EaGLE1
I'm Jozef Balej, and i'm a smallish unproven winger. And can do all the AHL moves but since i'm in the NHL, i've scored 1 goal & 3 passes in 15 games. That's impressing, i know!

Some peoples expected me to play on a line with Saku or Mike Ribeiro, 2 players who are smallish too.

SMALL IS THE KEY!!! We simply don't ****ing need another small forward. Exception: Martin St-Louis..
damn , Katsytsin and Perezhogin wont be on our top 2 lines

think twice before saying somethimg..

I'll live and die with Kovalev but honestly that kind of commets makes me sick , small or not if the players he's always gonna find a way to produce and help the team...there plenty of small fowards in the NHL not only St.Louis

Old
03-31-2004, 09:47 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Getting Kovalev is not the problem, but handing them Balej and a 2nd for that type of performance is the main problem. I agree that you win some, lose some, but in that case we lost big time.

Again the fact he has no points is also not the problem, it just that he doesn't show any emotion or work ethic and I'm sorry but the fact that you speak highly of Montreal and say that we're the greatest fans in the world doesn't give you the right to be lazy.

Old
03-31-2004, 09:49 PM
Histrion

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseTheo
Starting a thread about your annoyance with the Kovalev talk will just add to the talk. People will talk about Kovalev as long as they want to since there's always something that needs to be complained about.. If you're tired of hearing about kovalev do what I do: ignore the threads about him
The point of what I said isn't really to ask them to shut up, it is more to invite them to look at this deal from another angle, to look at the whole picture instead of focusing on one aspect. I guess my point wasn't as clear as I would have wanted it to be but I guess that's what happen when you write in a language that you don't know all that well...

Old
03-31-2004, 09:52 PM
#44_delivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitesnake
Getting Kovalev is not the problem, but handing them Balej and a 2nd for that type of performance is the main problem. I agree that you win some, lose some, but in that case we lost big time.

Again the fact he has no points is also not the problem, it just that he doesn't show any emotion or work ethic and I'm sorry but the fact that you speak highly of Montreal and say that we're the greatest fans in the world doesn't give you the right to be lazy.
yeah looks like the whole team is playing tough and gritty with the best work ethic resontly while kovalez is the only one thats lazy, right?
8 goals in the last 6 games yeah its all kovalev's laziness, theodore let in 5 tonight why? becuase kovalevs lazy of coarse!
the true season is over the shab season is about to begin so we can already conclude that kovalev sucks and balej is the skating jesus, i mean who cares what he'll do in the playoffs its not that important anyways

Old
03-31-2004, 09:54 PM
BJCOLLINS

Great even Good players produce no matter who they play with(1st,2nd,3rd,4th line) or where they play (Pitt., Ed.,Mtl.).....booing excuse is BS....IMHO.....by the way if the guy wants to post, let him, its his opinion.

Old
03-31-2004, 09:55 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:

did you watch any games lately dude? I didn't think so. You can't question Kovy's work ethic on the ice, the guy plays hard, trying to adapt to CJ's system which is not easy, ask anyone who knows a little bit hockey. Give him a chance to play 3 games in a row with the same linemates. I wish with 2 games left CJ would stop the line juggling and get the team ready for the playoffs.
Behave fans Behave

Old
03-31-2004, 09:58 PM
chicpea*

Quote:
Again the fact he has no points is also not the problem, it just that he doesn't show any emotion...
You mean like emotion as in whining on this board? How do you know that he's not torn up inside? That he doesn't get upset at home or in the room? Maybe he just doesn't express emotion in a manner in which you're accustomed. He's in a slump. He'll come out. Then, my fellow *Habsfans,* certain salamanders will hastily find rocks.

Old
03-31-2004, 10:05 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAN-HAB
did you watch any games lately dude? I didn't think so. You can't question Kovy's work ethic on the ice, the guy plays hard, trying to adapt to CJ's system which is not easy, ask anyone who knows a little bit hockey. Give him a chance to play 3 games in a row with the same linemates. I wish with 2 games left CJ would stop the line juggling and get the team ready for the playoffs.
Behave fans Behave
And you're asking the fans to behave? Calm down my friend the topic is about Kovalev, and you can't be serious by saying that he's working that hard, I mean come on I guess Sather's system or Renney's system was that hard to understand as well. Let's get real here, he will never adapt to the system and even though we want to sign at the end of season, he will personnally see that he's out of here since he doesn't like ''the system''.

I didn't know it was taboo to criticize Kovalev since everybody ciriticize Perreault and Dagenais all year long. And some others were bashing Ribeiro over super Captain K, forgetting that Ribs was and he's still our leader in points.

I guess you're right some fans should behave.

Old
03-31-2004, 10:06 PM
AEKaki

Look. I'm a Kovalev fan, and I watch many habs games since i'm from town.

The problem with Kovalev is the following:
CJ doesn't put him where he's used to play. In NY you see, he had the same problem. He would get shifts on the 3rd and 4th line for no reason without getting any significant minutes. This guy needs to play. He gets better the more he plays in the game. The more he sits and watches like he did at the OTT@MTL game that I was at, the more he's a noshow. Why is that? Because this guy is not used to it. You see, in Pittsburgh, he got to play on the 1st line, between 25min to 30 min a game. He was amazing in the 3rd period. He was a game breaker.

ALSO. Why is CJ putting him on the LW?!?!?!??!?!
Why? So that he can get critisism? Why? Of coarse he's a noshow guys. He's 30 years old and he's played all the positions EXCEPT LW. I've never recalled him playing the left side. And I watch alot of hockey. Also, although I find Koivu as a good player, I don't see why he is playing the point on the PP over Kovalev. I mean, Koivu is more suited to play behind the net or on the right boards of the PP then the point. Kovalev on the left boards is just useless. He can't shoot right, he can't pass right, and I find his backhand as his major weakness. This is why the left side is to be avoided. But why do you guys put him there?

Anyways, you guys need some sort of a shake up.

I wish you guys all the best.
This guy is a star and I don't understand what's happening either.

Old
03-31-2004, 10:13 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
And you're asking the fans to behave? Calm down my friend the topic is about Kovalev, and you can't be serious by saying that he's working that hard, I mean come on I guess Sather's system or Renney's system was that hard to understand as well. Let's get real here, he will never adapt to the system and even though we want to sign at the end of season, he will personnally see that he's out of here since he doesn't like ''the system''.

I didn't know it was taboo to criticize Kovalev since everybody ciriticize Perreault and Dagenais all year long. And some others were bashing Ribeiro over super Captain K, forgetting that Ribs was and he's still our leader in points.

I guess you're right some fans should behave.
good point dude, shows again how much you know about hockey, even a 10 years old would never compare Kovalev to that useless unproven shi* Dagenais. Quick refresher pal people were bashing Koivu over Ribs, and not the other way.

Old
03-31-2004, 10:16 PM
HF-Addict

Quote:
I didn't know it was taboo to criticize Kovalev since everybody ciriticize Perreault and Dagenais all year long.
Totally agree.
You can't close your eyes and say that Kovalev is awesome, cause he aren't.
You can also say, when he will break out, I'm gonna brag here that I was right, If so, it will be awsome, but again, this is speculation.

Maybe the team isn't playing really well, but Kovalev is part of the players who areb't working well. Since when is it the fans fault for the players success, such a weak excuse =/

Old
03-31-2004, 10:16 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. kŲUkLŲs
Look. I'm a Kovalev fan, and I watch many habs games since i'm from town.

The problem with Kovalev is the following:
CJ doesn't put him where he's used to play. In NY you see, he had the same problem. He would get shifts on the 3rd and 4th line for no reason without getting any significant minutes. This guy needs to play. He gets better the more he plays in the game. The more he sits and watches like he did at the OTT@MTL game that I was at, the more he's a noshow. Why is that? Because this guy is not used to it. You see, in Pittsburgh, he got to play on the 1st line, between 25min to 30 min a game. He was amazing in the 3rd period. He was a game breaker.

ALSO. Why is CJ putting him on the LW?!?!?!??!?!
Why? So that he can get critisism? Why? Of coarse he's a noshow guys. He's 30 years old and he's played all the positions EXCEPT LW. I've never recalled him playing the left side. And I watch alot of hockey. Also, although I find Koivu as a good player, I don't see why he is playing the point on the PP over Kovalev. I mean, Koivu is more suited to play behind the net or on the right boards of the PP then the point. Kovalev on the left boards is just useless. He can't shoot right, he can't pass right, and I find his backhand as his major weakness. This is why the left side is to be avoided. But why do you guys put him there?

Anyways, you guys need some sort of a shake up.

I wish you guys all the best.
This guy is a star and I don't understand what's happening either.
Here is someone who knows hockey; I was getting sick reading all this immature posts.

Closed Thread