HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Zherdev Talks about arbitration

Old
07-15-2009, 11:52 AM
ebn

vCash: 500
Sather has no problem giving money to Zherdev if it wasn't the salary cap. The problem is he traded Korpikoski because of the salary cap and let Sjostrom go. Replaced them with cheaper players all because of the salary. First Sather has to win the arbitration award and then see if he can fit Zherdev into the cap if he can then so be it otherwise he will trade him. But trust me Sather would keep everybody including Zherdev if it wasn't for the salary cap.

ebn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2009, 12:19 PM
Synergy27

The transcripts from these hearings aren't made public are they? They would make for fascinating reads I'm sure.

That said, I think Zherdev is going to be signed and traded regardless of the contract he receives. Even if they only award him his QO I think Slats tries to move him. What is interesting, then, is that Sather's job is going to be to tear into this kid as hard as possible to keep the award down and hence elevate his trade value. But, if Sather ***** on him too hard is anyone else even going to want him? Nice little Catch-22 going on here.

Synergy27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2009, 08:06 AM
94now

Why is that anyone should take a pay cut for the privilege to play on Broadway? Look what Paul Mara ended up with.
Bottom Line: If management likes you a lot that is a sure sign of you being underpaid.

The arbitration exists exactly for the situations like this one. For Sather it would be much easier to let his staff work on arbitration paperwork than get involved with Zherdev's agent who continues to play a frigging Russian card. Zherdev may feel he was forced to arbitration by the Rangers and rightfully so. In any case there is absolutely nothing wrong with arbitration for both sides. In fact, it is ludicrous to assume that Euro players want the best competition on Earth and prefer NHL therefore. They want to play in this league because of strong union protection they can't get anywhere else. Arbitration is one of the form of such protection. Zherdev knows Sather wants him as probably any other GM in the league. Money is secondary to it. If player is being wanted cap or not he will get a job on his terms. So Zherdev acts exactly as he has to. So does Heatley. So did Yashin. Management is nothing without players. Owners are even less that that.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2009, 08:10 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Sather would give Zherdev the money if played better in the 2nd half of the season and especially in the playoffs. Callahan was the Rangers best forward in the Caps series and Sather rewarded him. Zherdev looked scared and tentative.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2009, 08:24 AM
94now

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Sather would give Zherdev the money if played better in the 2nd half of the season and especially in the playoffs. Callahan was the Rangers best forward in the Caps series and Sather rewarded him. Zherdev looked scared and tentative.
I agree, but it may not be exactly due to Zherdev's mental softness. He was our #1 threat, someone being targeted by opposition in their game preparation. I don't think Callahan had as much attention of WAS staff. So Caps turned Z off, kudos to them, we did that to Ovie once too. The difference was they were able to neutralize Z for entire 7 games. He is no Ovechkin, but Z deserves half of his paycheck IMHO.

Old
07-16-2009, 09:41 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
I agree, but it may not be exactly due to Zherdev's mental softness. He was our #1 threat, someone being targeted by opposition in their game preparation. I don't think Callahan had as much attention of WAS staff. So Caps turned Z off, kudos to them, we did that to Ovie once too. The difference was they were able to neutralize Z for entire 7 games. He is no Ovechkin, but Z deserves half of his paycheck IMHO.
The Caps and their weak defense were just a little better than the Rangers and their weak offense. They didnt shut anything down. Zherdev shut himself off. His play and lack of hustle out there was straight up embarassing.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2009, 11:15 AM
94now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
The Caps and their weak defense were just a little better than the Rangers and their weak offense. They didnt shut anything down. Zherdev shut himself off. His play and lack of hustle out there was straight up embarassing.
How do you know?
Also, presumed WAS weak defense (never listen to Micheletti) performed pretty solid, except for Green who reportedly played injured.
Semenov was by far worse than Z in wetting his pants. No one blames him.
No one blames Dubinski who was Z center for not playing up to him abilities the entire season.

Old
07-16-2009, 11:32 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
Zherdev wasn't the focus of the caps. Zherdev looked like he was in a fog. Sather and company are going to hit him with a 2 by 4. Luckily zherdev won't understand half of what the rangers say or write about him. If the rangers are planning to trade him after the award is issued they will really go after him to keep the award as low as possible.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2009, 11:46 AM
MisterUnspoken
Vintage

Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
This is an update on the Jiri Hudler incident apparently:

http://slapshot.blogs.nytimes.com/20...ion-on-hudler/

KHL will wait for the outcome of Arbitration before deciding.

Basically, they will wait and see what Detroit does. If they sign him to the arbitration ruling will void the contract.

If Detroit walks away and he becomes an UFA, KHL will validate the contract

Post taken from X8oD from the Trade board.

MisterUnspoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2009, 11:52 AM
94now

Quote:
Zherdev wasn't the focus of the caps. Zherdev looked like he was in a fog.
Hockey is the game. One plays as good as allowed.
Quote:
Sather and company are going to hit him with a 2 by 4. Luckily zherdev won't understand half of what the rangers say or write about him. If the rangers are planning to trade him after the award is issued they will really go after him to keep the award as low as possible.
Hockey is the business. By the time one learns how to do it, his career may be over. That is why you need an agent that does the business part for you. That agent tells you: " Whatever they say about you has nothing to do with reality. I got you here, I will get you further. You'll be just fine. Trust me". For someone who is 24 a reputable NA professional is quite an influence.