HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

ESPN 09-10 Eastern Conference Rankings: Rangers 7th

Old
07-14-2009, 10:28 PM
NY Ranger86

vCash: 500
ESPN 09-10 Eastern Conference Rankings: Rangers 7th

It's ESPN, I know, but hey 7th ain't so bad.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/column...rry&id=4323473

NY Ranger86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2009, 10:29 PM
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet

That's about right. I figure that the Flyers and Penguins at the very least would finish ahead of us, leaving 5th the best possible finish.

I Eat Crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2009, 10:30 PM
we want cup
We do not Sow

Well now that ESPN says 7th, my guesses are 3rd or 12th.

we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2009, 10:36 PM
The Thomas J.*

ESPN means nothing too me.

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2009, 10:37 PM
NY Ranger86

Quote:
Well now that ESPN says 7th, my guesses are 3rd or 12th.
Ha. exactly what I meant by "Its ESPN, I know"

NY Ranger86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2009, 10:39 PM
Vitto79

I think Rangers will be better than Devils and TO won't make it . Buffalo will if Miller is healthy

Vitto79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2009, 10:40 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

i have us at 7th right now as well... but there is a long ass time to go before the season starts, a lot can happen to a club between now and then.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2009, 10:43 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

right now im going...
1)Philly (i dont think they are done, they have pieces to go and get a good goalie)
2)Boston
3)Washington
4)Pittsburgh
5)Carolina
6)Devils
7)Rangers
8)Tampa Bay
9)Montreal
10)Atlanta
11)Ottawa
12)Buffalo
13Toronto
14)Islanders
15)Florida

Old
07-14-2009, 10:44 PM
glees68
la di da di

Send a message via AIM to glees68
Sugar Ray Emery is there man Inferno.

glees68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2009, 10:53 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bring Back Avery View Post
Sugar Ray Emery is there man Inferno.
ill believe it when i see it...i dont think their GM is that freakin retarded.

Old
07-14-2009, 10:57 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
right now im going...
1)Philly (i dont think they are done, they have pieces to go and get a good goalie)
2)Boston
3)Washington
4)Pittsburgh
5)Carolina
6)Devils
7)Rangers
8)Tampa Bay
9)Montreal
10)Atlanta
11)Ottawa
12)Buffalo
13Toronto
14)Islanders
15)Florida

Do you really see Florida finishing last?

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2009, 10:59 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Do you really see Florida finishing last?
yes, absolutely.

Old
07-14-2009, 11:03 PM
darko

Philly, Boston, Washington, Pittsburgh are definitely better than us. Devils and Canes are slightly better than us. That leaves us around #7 seed. Ughh can't beleive I just agreed with ESPN...

Now it's time to pick on ESPN:

How the hell do they see Toronto improving and finishing 8th ... yet Atlanta improved almost as much but they regress to dead last. Hell even Isles finish higher than Atlanta lol. Just doesnt make sense...

darko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2009, 11:03 PM
TheHotRock

isles will definitely finish last. vokoun will keep fla out of the basement and atlanta has made enough additions to guarantee they'll finish with at least 10 points more than the izzles.

i don't see the devs in the 6 spot or to in the playoffs. tampa will surprise people, imo.

its way too early to start predicting, gms aren't done working. im not gonna bother to make any real predictions til training camp.

TheHotRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2009, 11:16 PM
darko

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHotRock View Post
isles will definitely finish last. vokoun will keep fla out of the basement and atlanta has made enough additions to guarantee they'll finish with at least 10 points more than the izzles.
That pretty much sums it up. The only thing standing between Isles and No1 pick next year are Colorado Avs...

Old
07-14-2009, 11:17 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHotRock View Post

i don't see the devs in the 6 spot or to in the playoffs. tampa will surprise people, imo.

its way too early to start predicting, gms aren't done working. im not gonna bother to make any real predictions til training camp.
agreed, way too early, mine are just on the assumption that the season starts today, and that the flyers acquire a goalie...and frankly, i think even if they go to war with the team they have now, they still are the best team in the east.

theyve got a ridiculous offense. theyve got a ridiculous defense. honestly, they really scare the crap out of me.

Old
07-14-2009, 11:18 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by darko View Post
That pretty much sums it up. The only thing standing between Isles and No1 pick next year are Colorado Avs...
Roloson solidifies their goalie situation, and Tavares is a freaking stud. theyre gonna be better than last year..and honestly, i think i may have underestimated them at 14...it wouldnt surprise me if they finish as high as 10th.

Old
07-14-2009, 11:31 PM
TheHotRock

Quote:
Originally Posted by darko View Post
full season of Paul Statsny guarantees the isles will finish last. the avs may suck, but they don't suck as ahrd as last year's finish says they do.

inferno....you're a good boy but there is no way in hell the isles finish 10th. they will have a top two pick.

this isn't me being an isles hater either.

TheHotRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2009, 11:37 PM
MountainGoat
Re-sign Jagr

not bad, I see the devils finishing at 6 or 7 and the rags at 9, maybe worse if Gaborik goes down earlier then usual

MountainGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2009, 11:45 PM
darko

Quote:
Roloson solidifies their goalie situation, and Tavares is a freaking stud. theyre gonna be better than last year..and honestly, i think i may have underestimated them at 14...it wouldnt surprise me if they finish as high as 10th.
Agree on Roloson and Tavares. What are your projections for Tavares? I'll say 50-55 points (20 goals).

Don't forget that the rest of the division got better too (or remained as good). Rangers will be better (assuming Gabby stays healthy), Philly got Pronger and in process got much better, Pitt will be just as good and never count out Devils. Some other teams from other 2 divisions that could improve: Tampa Bay, Atlanta, Ottawa.

I'm not trying to pick on Isles or anything, just offering my 2 cents. Unless a team gets ravaged by injuries I dont see Isles finishing above any team in East with exception to Florida. We'll see how much Florida misses J-Bo, dont think they'll miss him enough to finish last however.

Again I'm not trying to hate on Isles, it's just my opinion...

Old
07-15-2009, 12:23 AM
nyr2417

First and foremost Pittsburgh is automatically the team to beat in the east they are the defending stanley cup champs and really have not lost anything this off-season I see them the #1 seed.

Second the caps have far too much talent and now that they have a solid goaltender (Varlamov) which is an upgrade from Jose Theodore we can now expect a better season from them. I see them pushing Pittsburgh for the #1 seed and wouldn't be one bit surprised to see them get it.

Heres where I think it gets tough and anything can happen 3-8...

Third I'll go with The one and only New York Rangers. That's right the blue shirts. I honestly feel what Glen Sather did this off-season was truly spectacular. To dump a salary like gomez's and get back a perennial 20 goal "tortsesque" player who also plays special teams is amazing. Not to add in mcdonaugh. Oh yeah and we got Marian Gaborik. I really feel that with the goaltending of Henrik Lundqvist along with a full year in torts system this team will be the 3rd seed and make some noise in the playoffs. Not even being a bias rangers fan here.

Fourth Philadelphia Flyers. Yeah, they have no goalie but they're once again tough as nails with adding chris pronger. He will not only bring in a physical presence but a veteran presence that this team could use by having a very young captain. They could surprise alot of people even with Emery in net.

Fifth to me is the Ottawa Senators assuming that Heatly is back they could easily make a run at the cup. With Heatly Alfredson Spezza and Kovalev that is a very dangerous offense. Teams would have nightmares trying to match up with that it would be a pick your poison on which line to match with your top pair.

Sixth in a big drop off from last season I'll go with the Boston Bruins. I put them here because I feel they will not have Phil Kessel back and he is a big part to their team. Also, I feel that last season was a fluke and that they won't have another like it. This team is a team I'll be watching for sure.

Seventh I'll go with the carolina canes. I pick them because of the simple fact that Cam Ward is arguably the best goalie in hockey (top 3 hank,ward,thomas). Also, erik staal solidified his super star status last season and I only see him getting better he is just entering his prime teams should beware. A huge part to this though is Anton Babchuk. It has been rumored that Carolina has offered 1 mill too low but he makes their PP that much better it could hurt them to lose this guy.

Eighth Montreal Canadians. Sure they have a boat load of talent but they totally have changed the core of their team and it will be interesting to see how the new team meshes (gionta gomez line should be interesting) Also a big question mark is whether or not Carey Price can be in before 4 am night in and night out. All this guy does is party and his play showed it last year. If he can get on his game and be solid this team can finish as high as 4 IMO.

There ya have it my predictions thoughts?

nyr2417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2009, 12:46 AM
Ola

A mod should change the title. Henrik Lundqvist, with some help from the the NYR, could finnish 7th in the east.

Ola is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2009, 12:53 AM
FLYLine24*

Hehe...7th?

IF Gabby is healthy for 70+ games....we are Top 5.....ill bet my life on that. EASILY

TOP offense in the East.
ELITE Goalie in the East
Average Defense in the East
=
TOP 5 TEAM

FLYLine24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2009, 12:54 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

picking the rangers for 3rd is ridiculous. statistically we are actually worse off right now (if zherdev leaves) than we were at the end of last season.

Old
07-15-2009, 12:57 AM
FLYLine24*

Quote:
picking the rangers for 3rd is ridiculous. statistically we are actually worse off right now (if zherdev leaves) than we were at the end of last season.
Hahah sorry man. Provide the proof. Your WAY OFF. (and of course your looking into full season results and not just ASSUMING if players play 80 games...because that would be silly and stupid to pretent you can tell the future! )

FLYLine24* is offline   Reply With Quote