HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jeff Reese Stoked

Old
07-15-2009, 08:45 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 450
Jeff Reese Stoked

http://flyers.nhl.com/team/app/?serv...ticleid=442641

Apparently, he has always been a big Flyers fan and Bernie Parent was his idol.

Let's hope that he saw Bernie enough that he can get somoene to be like him

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2009, 10:32 AM
Terence Peterman

vCash: 500
That was a fun read. Is it me, or have a ton of additions this season been saying they've always wanted to be a part of the Flyers?

Terence Peterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2009, 11:17 AM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny View Post
That was a fun read. Is it me, or have a ton of additions this season been saying they've always wanted to be a part of the Flyers?
And that dates back further when Carcillo sung the praises of the Flyers... My thinking is that it is not a coincidence; Homer has gone after the Players that are more in the mold of the old Flyers teams... the players he has brought in have patterned their style/game in that mold. It would only make sense to me that those players would have been fans of the Flyers, and would be ecstatic to be brought in... especially when the team is stocked with young skill talent and has a chance to win it all... if they have the proper role players and veteran prescience.

All that said; there IMO is also two things that also could play a part in this... One is that just about all incoming players say they are happy to be with their new team -- that however doesn't mean that "they've always wanted to be a part of the Flyers" -- And the other is that I have found that the Family type atmosphere of the Flyers organization that often leads to a lifetime tie with longstanding and loyal players and the city and team... along with the knowledge that they treat their players well in supplying whatever they need to succeed and are usually fair to the players in their dealings -- It is often the norm for the Flyers to take into account the players desires and circumstances when they move them late in their career... and that has even come back to bite the team in the ass a few time in the past -- I will give you that if there is a animosity between the organization and the player (and his 'people') the Flyers have been known to be somewhat hard and even nasty... No name will be given here.

Sawdalite is offline   Reply With Quote