HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

I never ragged on him due to the injuries but.....

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-24-2010, 11:49 AM
  #1
Seguins Dragon*
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: In Carls Garage
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,613
vCash: 500
I never ragged on him due to the injuries but.....

David Krecji is the MAN!!!!

When he was on the ice last night againset Latvia, he dominated, no other words but domination.

I have always been a fan of this guy, and will admit part of the people "providing excuses" for his results in the NHL for this year...

I just have this feeling, when David comes back to the NHL, he will be a man on fire!!!

I was thinking about how Chia never moved Krecji for Dion at the time, and though I never really expressed it, it was something I know personally I may have done if being a GM at the time (thank God I am not)... than again in the players TO gave up, none of them hold Krecji's potential or work ethic, bottom line, I am glad Chia values Krecji as much as he does... because last night, I was reminded of why Chia has this love affair of Krecji.... he is a beast when he is on.

I just feel like David needs some love, I only watched that game for him (though it turned out to be good) and was I glad he did.

2 Thumbs up for David Krecji, we all saw him returning to his game before the Olympic break... I think its safe to say, Krecji is back, and in a big way.

Looking forward to see him rocking the Bruins uniform again!!!!

Seguins Dragon* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2010, 12:18 PM
  #2
Fairy Price
Registered User
 
Fairy Price's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posts: 111
vCash: 500
Amen!
Posted via Mobile Device

Fairy Price is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2010, 12:19 PM
  #3
DarrenBanks56
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 3,522
vCash: 500
no kidding man. I hope he plays like that for us the rest of the year.
He's been the Czechs best player so far.

DarrenBanks56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2010, 12:23 PM
  #4
Dangler87
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 692
vCash: 500
Yes, I have to agree with you that Krejci was absoultely dominating last night against Latvia

Dangler87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2010, 12:29 PM
  #5
SerenityRick
Registered User
 
SerenityRick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Moultonborough, NH
Country: United States
Posts: 14,354
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to SerenityRick
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Krejci
I wonít be out too late though, because I want to watch Sturmie play tonight.

Oh yeah, and I scored tonight. No big deal.

IíM JUST KIDDING!

It was nice. It was my first goal for the National Team. I didnít get too excited though, because it was early in the game, and I was just happy to help the team get the first one on the board. I couldnít get too excited, because we had a lot of game left. But it was nice to score.

SerenityRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2010, 12:33 PM
  #6
LPBruins
Registered User
 
LPBruins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Somerville
Country: United States
Posts: 468
vCash: 500
It's too bad he scored in OT last night and not game 7 against the hurricanes. Same area of the ice and krejci missed in game 7, too bad it couldnt have been switched around.

LPBruins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2010, 01:06 PM
  #7
Mount KilimanChara
Registered User
 
Mount KilimanChara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: North Shore
Country: United States
Posts: 1,677
vCash: 500
I said a while back I couldn't see the Olympics being anything but a positive experience for DK but he's looking better than I'd hoped. I'm really pulling for him to carry this form back to the NHL, and pretty confident he will. It should be an eye opening experience for him to see how important he is to the Czech team going forward and where he ranks amongst his countrymen.

As a Bruins fan I can see why Krejci is playing such an important role for the Czechs because his strengths seem to match the Czech team's strengths, as identified by their coach and former Bruin Vladimir Ruzicka.
http://www.ctvolympics.ca/hockey/news/newsid=24046.html
q: What are the strengths of your team?
a: Ruzicka: Creativeness, outsmarting, playmaking and combination kind of game.

Hopefully Rosie is coaching him up and the Bruins will be the beneficiaries.

Mount KilimanChara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2010, 01:10 PM
  #8
BruinsBtn
Registered User
 
BruinsBtn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 8,872
vCash: 500
My favourite player. He will just keep getting better over the next few years. His hockey sense is off the charts.

BruinsBtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2010, 01:22 PM
  #9
Colt.45Orr
Registered User
 
Colt.45Orr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,013
vCash: 500
The Bruins need to get him wingers that can think the game on his level. He looks -in Boston- like a Sedin brother forced to play on his own. Some of the other Czechs play a similar cerebral game, so I am not surprised that he has looked like their best player so far. Wheeler is a great athlete, but is not an intelligent enough hockey player to be playing with Krejci. Erat can understand his intentions on the cycle at least. Whereas Wheeler is a north-south player who charges ahead and tries to skate around guys (until he steers himself into the corner).

Anyway, Krejci has been playing well this year but he's been an easy target because his stats are down. Like the other C's in Boston, get em a set of proper wingers and their stats will balloon.

Colt.45Orr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2010, 01:24 PM
  #10
Colt.45Orr
Registered User
 
Colt.45Orr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,013
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mount KilimanChara View Post

As a Bruins fan I can see why Krejci is playing such an important role for the Czechs because his strengths seem to match the Czech team's strengths, as identified by their coach and former Bruin Vladimir Ruzicka.
http://www.ctvolympics.ca/hockey/news/newsid=24046.html
q: What are the strengths of your team?
a: Ruzicka: Creativeness, outsmarting, playmaking and combination kind of game.
Thanks for posting that --it completely validates my previous point.

Colt.45Orr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2010, 01:28 PM
  #11
Sevren
Registered User
 
Sevren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,996
vCash: 500
I guess I'll play devil's advocate because I think I'm the only one who wasn't that impressed with him. He looked decent but his shots are weak. A lot of people are saying that Bergy's wrist shot is not very good, but Krejci's a lot worse. He showed good puck control but he was playing against Latvia, let's not forget that. His overtime goal was a gift by the goalie.

If he does as good tonight against real competition, I promise to bring back this post and apologize

Sevren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2010, 01:38 PM
  #12
DarrenBanks56
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 3,522
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevren View Post
I guess I'll play devil's advocate because I think I'm the only one who wasn't that impressed with him. He looked decent but his shots are weak. A lot of people are saying that Bergy's wrist shot is not very good, but Krejci's a lot worse. He showed good puck control but he was playing against Latvia, let's not forget that. His overtime goal was a gift by the goalie.

If he does as good tonight against real competition, I promise to bring back this post and apologize
no- i agree with you. His shot is awful. He also tends to over pass. But otherwise his game has been amazing in the Olympics. I dont think it is because of the weaker competition either. He just seems more confident taking the puck into the zone in these games.

I too am curious to see how he does in these games coming up.

DarrenBanks56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2010, 01:42 PM
  #13
Cory Trevor
Smokes, Let's go
 
Cory Trevor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Brockton
Country: United States
Posts: 7,586
vCash: 500
Krejci's my favorite Bruin and he is the future number one centerman on this team. The Olympics this year, his performance last year, coming back early off injuries this year, playing hurt all playoffs last year.


That coupled with his talent, playmaking abilities, two-way play, and heart have all sold me on him. Lock him up after this contract B's, he's your future and is showing to be the present.

Cory Trevor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2010, 01:46 PM
  #14
The Special K
Hoss MOFO, Hoss.
 
The Special K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Canal Winchester, OH
Country: United States
Posts: 3,236
vCash: 500
I have a total man crush on DK....I am not ashamed by it.

The Special K is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2010, 02:13 PM
  #15
Seguins Dragon*
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: In Carls Garage
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,613
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by analog4ndy View Post
Krejci's my favorite Bruin and he is the future number one centerman on this team. The Olympics this year, his performance last year, coming back early off injuries this year, playing hurt all playoffs last year.


That coupled with his talent, playmaking abilities, two-way play, and heart have all sold me on him. Lock him up after this contract B's, he's your future and is showing to be the present.
100% agree he will be a our top line centerman within 2 years.

I remember last year when he was ripping people comparing him to Zetterberg, in the way they play, and overall game.... looking at this year early in the year, I was thinking "Wow, I almost bought into that thought, where did this come from?"... while, watching last night, I was reminded.

DK is a special player, and I am glad he is a bruin at a very VERY reasonable price for the next 3 years... we got a steal here.

I see him coming back after the break and tearing it up... I really hope so anyways. This expereince has been great for DK I am sure, and it shows in his game.

Yes, I realise the competition wasn't the best, but regardless, DK was the best player on the ice, bar none.

Seguins Dragon* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2010, 02:30 PM
  #16
22Brad Park
Registered User
 
22Brad Park's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 14,049
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by song4thedeaf View Post
David Krecji is the MAN!!!!

When he was on the ice last night againset Latvia, he dominated, no other words but domination.

I have always been a fan of this guy, and will admit part of the people "providing excuses" for his results in the NHL for this year...

I just have this feeling, when David comes back to the NHL, he will be a man on fire!!!

I was thinking about how Chia never moved Krecji for Dion at the time, and though I never really expressed it, it was something I know personally I may have done if being a GM at the time (thank God I am not)... than again in the players TO gave up, none of them hold Krecji's potential or work ethic, bottom line, I am glad Chia values Krecji as much as he does... because last night, I was reminded of why Chia has this love affair of Krecji.... he is a beast when he is on.

I just feel like David needs some love, I only watched that game for him (though it turned out to be good) and was I glad he did.

2 Thumbs up for David Krecji, we all saw him returning to his game before the Olympic break... I think its safe to say, Krecji is back, and in a big way.

Looking forward to see him rocking the Bruins uniform again!!!!
He is best player on that team overall.

22Brad Park is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2010, 02:55 PM
  #17
ghostface89
Registered User
 
ghostface89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: SF.CA
Country: United States
Posts: 702
vCash: 500
I agree with all the statements in this thread, including the one where I wish he could get some more mustard on his shots. He has good accuracy and a decent release but his shots seem like they are in slo-mo sometimes. Obviously he is a playmaker first and foremost, but he should try to at least develop a nice slapper or something. I can't recall the last time I've seen him take a slap shot, actually. Anyway, we need to get him some wingers who are worth half a ****. He's not quite dominating enough to turn pylons into productive wingers (see Thornton, Joe and Cheechoo, Jonathan).

ghostface89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2010, 03:09 PM
  #18
Ruzicka38
Oh man
 
Ruzicka38's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Hopedale
Country: United States
Posts: 1,715
vCash: 500
Rosie for Bruins coach. I'm starting the movement. He's getting a ton out of DK and I just think it would be cool.

Ruzicka38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2010, 03:43 PM
  #19
Krejci Knows Techno
Playoffs *****
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Nashua NH
Country: United States
Posts: 2,827
vCash: 500
im a huge fan of dk46, but i was pretty pissed last night, i would have loved to see latvia upset cause the czechs played like **** and did not deserve to win

Krejci Knows Techno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2010, 03:52 PM
  #20
norwoodmustang
Registered User
 
norwoodmustang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Norwood, MA USA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,082
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to norwoodmustang Send a message via MSN to norwoodmustang Send a message via Yahoo to norwoodmustang
Love DK, love his game. Not every player is going to have a super hard shot, and he's more of a playmaker anyway, but I remember before the 08-09 season reading that he spent the entire summer just shooting pucks at his garage at home, working on his shot. I'm guessing this is another one of those things he couldn't do prior to this season due to the rehab from the hip injury, and another one of those things that he should be able to do this offseason that will help him.

norwoodmustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2010, 05:20 PM
  #21
Mount KilimanChara
Registered User
 
Mount KilimanChara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: North Shore
Country: United States
Posts: 1,677
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt.45Orr View Post
Thanks for posting that --it completely validates my previous point.
Glad you found it useful. Those three words you highlighted stood out to me as well. Rosie the coach and Krejci the player is an interesting Bruin story in the Czech team.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt.45Orr View Post
The Bruins need to get him wingers that can think the game on his level. He looks -in Boston- like a Sedin brother forced to play on his own. Some of the other Czechs play a similar cerebral game, so I am not surprised that he has looked like their best player so far. Wheeler is a great athlete, but is not an intelligent enough hockey player to be playing with Krejci. Erat can understand his intentions on the cycle at least. Whereas Wheeler is a north-south player who charges ahead and tries to skate around guys (until he steers himself into the corner).

Anyway, Krejci has been playing well this year but he's been an easy target because his stats are down. Like the other C's in Boston, get em a set of proper wingers and their stats will balloon.
That's very good analysis right there. I think Wheeler has some brains and discipline so hopefully there's room to improve his understanding of the NHL game but you're right that hockey sense isn't really a plus for him. Krejci thinks the game on another level.

Mount KilimanChara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2010, 05:44 PM
  #22
Rookie Chargers
Registered User
 
Rookie Chargers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Quebec
Country: Azores
Posts: 7,751
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Rookie Chargers
Honestly I haven't watched much of the hockey games.

Krejci is sneak-lying physical, it is not something you can discuss but something you have to see. He doesn't out muscle players but keeps them honest.

It is a fact he can't shoot hard actually there are a few Bruins who with an opening try to place the puck in the net instead of firing it.

I loved DK in the Memorial Cup run and keep picturing success for him.

Rookie Chargers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2010, 06:18 PM
  #23
PlayMakers
Hockey's Future Staff
 
PlayMakers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Wellesley, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 15,512
vCash: 500
Yeah, I'm a HUGE fan of Krejci myself. Probably my favorite Bruin.

I see a lot of Datsyuk in Krejci. DK doesn't have the same skating ability and that will probably prevent him from hitting Datsyuk's stratosphere, but they do so many other things similarly, offensive and defensively. I'd love to see what kind of numbers DK could put up with better wingers.

For all the crap Krejci takes about having a "bad year" I think he's actually been pretty good, all things considered. Outside those first 17 games of the year, when he tried to play his way up to game speed (with no training camp post-surgery) to just after he got over his bout with H1N1, he's been scoring at a 55-62 point pace depending on the week. Also, Ryder and Wheeler have played more like 3rd liners this year than the top6 forwards they were last year and that can have a real drag on a playmakers numbers. Just look at Savard. He's below a point per game. That hasn't happened to him since his Calgary days. But playing with Paille & Satan will do that to a passer.

If I were a 'poolie' I'd grab Krejci this summer. I bet that with a healthy conclusion to the season, and a normal summer routine, he has an 80 point season next year.

PlayMakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2010, 06:24 PM
  #24
DKH
Registered User
 
DKH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 29,934
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayMaker View Post
Yeah, I'm a HUGE fan of Krejci myself. Probably my favorite Bruin.

I see a lot of Datsyuk in Krejci. DK doesn't have the same skating ability and that will probably prevent him from hitting Datsyuk's stratosphere, but they do so many other things similarly, offensive and defensively. I'd love to see what kind of numbers DK could put up with better wingers.

For all the crap Krejci takes about having a "bad year" I think he's actually been pretty good, all things considered. Outside those first 17 games of the year, when he tried to play his way up to game speed (with no training camp post-surgery) to just after he got over his bout with H1N1, he's been scoring at a 55-62 point pace depending on the week. Also, Ryder and Wheeler have played more like 3rd liners this year than the top6 forwards they were last year and that can have a real drag on a playmakers numbers. Just look at Savard. He's below a point per game. That hasn't happened to him since his Calgary days. But playing with Paille & Satan will do that to a passer.

If I were a 'poolie' I'd grab Krejci this summer. I bet that with a healthy conclusion to the season, and a normal summer routine, he has an 80 point season next year.
I' like to see the Bruins move the enigmatic Ryder at all cost, and bring in the enigmatic but highly skilled Alexander Frolov in this summer.

Frolov is a UFA and has had his ups and downs this season, but he's a two-time 30 goal scorer who hit for 35 one year, and is an equally slick passer. Forget putting him with Savard, I see him going for 35-35-70 with DK; and DK coming in at similar numbers to last year 20-50-70 if not more.

I've read the rumors he may be coming by Tuesday, but if word is true that Chiarelli does not see value in trading a second round pick for a rental then its unlikely Boston could match up with LA now- especially since the Kings see themselves as a playoff team and are in need of offensive/forward depth themselves.

DKH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2010, 06:25 PM
  #25
Neely08
Registered User
 
Neely08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: North of Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 18,443
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt.45Orr View Post
The Bruins need to get him wingers that can think the game on his level. He looks -in Boston- like a Sedin brother forced to play on his own. Some of the other Czechs play a similar cerebral game, so I am not surprised that he has looked like their best player so far. Wheeler is a great athlete, but is not an intelligent enough hockey player to be playing with Krejci. Erat can understand his intentions on the cycle at least. Whereas Wheeler is a north-south player who charges ahead and tries to skate around guys (until he steers himself into the corner).

Anyway, Krejci has been playing well this year but he's been an easy target because his stats are down. Like the other C's in Boston, get em a set of proper wingers and their stats will balloon.
Well said.

Neely08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:31 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.