HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk > Polls - (hockey-related only)
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Cammalleri vs Kovalev

View Poll Results: Which of these two is the best player in 2009?
Mike Cammalleri 74 61.16%
Alex Kovalev 47 38.84%
Voters: 121. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-16-2009, 01:34 PM
  #26
Flames 1st pick
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 6,058
vCash: 500
Kovalev has been a better player but since Cammy is younger, he'll be better from now on.

Flames 1st pick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2009, 01:39 PM
  #27
Flames 1st pick
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 6,058
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfans333 View Post
Yeah a "product" of Iginla.

More stupid Please?

He scored 30+ goals and 80+pts with Derek Armstrong feeding him the puck.

.
It's not as stupid as you think. I am not saying he is no good without Iginla but Iginla had a big impact on his production last year.

Cammy's production took a nose dive after they replaced him with Jokinen on Iginla's line.....

Flames 1st pick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2009, 01:43 PM
  #28
Xspyrit
Registered User
 
Xspyrit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Monterrey, Mexico
Country: Italy
Posts: 13,722
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfans333 View Post
No it shouldn't be.

Made your poll if you want, I wanted to know who between Cammalleri and Kovalev is the best player now.

Majority of my friends are Senators fans (Gatineau), last year Kovalev was trash, a floater, lazy bum, was laughing when he gone 19 games without scoring....

Now, he is a Sens, he is a god, he isn't a floater, puck hog, turnover machine, poor decision making...All of that is gone since he is with them.

Its ridiculous.
Maybe it's because you and your friends are quite young?

For my part, i didn't change my opinion on Kovalev. He is not the most consistent star in the league, which is too bad for him, cause he would have been a HHOF if.
I'm just happy we are getting the Habs best scorer in 3 of the last 4 seasons, and that we will use him as a secondary scorer...

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfans333 View Post
Yes it makes sense. I don't give a damn about what make sense to you.

I wanted to make a poll between those two.

Stop crying.
Am i crying? Do you the difference between crying and laughing?

So, relax i was just giving my opinion on what WOULD be a better and more fair comparison...

By the way, i didn't even vote because the poll is not valid, again

I have a question though : if Cammalleri is that good and valuable, why the Flames didn't even tried to keep him?

Xspyrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2009, 01:46 PM
  #29
habsfans333*
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: Mali
Posts: 1,470
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xspyrit View Post
Maybe it's because you and your friends are quite young?

For my part, i didn't change my opinion on Kovalev. He is not the most consistent star in the league, which is too bad for him, cause he would have been a HHOF if.
I'm just happy we are getting the Habs best scorer in 3 of the last 4 seasons, and that we will use him as a secondary scorer...



Am i crying? Do you the difference between crying and laughing?

So, relax i was just giving my opinion on what WOULD be a better and more fair comparison...

By the way, i didn't even vote because the poll is not valid, again
Not valid... Kovalev was our best forward, now its Cammalleri thats valid...

Cool that you think I'm young, I'm probably a decade older than you.

BTW, what it change that Kovalev was our scoring leader 3 out of 4 seasons? Not much of an argument, anyway last season he was trash, he would have finish 2nd if Markov wouldn't injured himself and miss the last 4 games of his team.

Cammalleri will be our best RW, Kovalev was our best RW, again, fair comparison ? I think so.

habsfans333* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2009, 01:50 PM
  #30
Hooker
Registered User
 
Hooker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,369
vCash: 500
Mike Cammalleri still seems to have a number of question marks surrounding him.

Hooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2009, 01:56 PM
  #31
417
Registered User
 
417's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Ottawa
Country: Haiti
Posts: 19,471
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xspyrit View Post
Maybe it's because you and your friends are quite young?

For my part, i didn't change my opinion on Kovalev. He is not the most consistent star in the league, which is too bad for him, cause he would have been a HHOF if.
I'm just happy we are getting the Habs best scorer in 3 of the last 4 seasons, and that we will use him as a secondary scorer...


Am i crying? Do you the difference between crying and laughing?

So, relax i was just giving my opinion on what WOULD be a better and more fair comparison...

By the way, i didn't even vote because the poll is not valid, again

I have a question though : if Cammalleri is that good and valuable, why the Flames didn't even tried to keep him?
Kovalev was the leading scorer of the Habs 3 out of the 4 last seasons because he saw 20mins + of icetime per game, #1 PP time (sometimes the whole 2 mins) and did pretty much whatever the hell he wanted when he was on the ice. Still, other than his 84 point season, he was a 60-65pt player. I think if the coaching staff had given those types of minutes to a few other forwards on the Habs, 60-65pts could of been attained easily.

Like you said, you got Kovalev which is good for your secondary scorer...but this losing Kovalev won't cripple the Habs, they'll miss him the most on the PP, but I think Markov was a big reason why Kovalev excelled so much

417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2009, 02:02 PM
  #32
Xspyrit
Registered User
 
Xspyrit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Monterrey, Mexico
Country: Italy
Posts: 13,722
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfans333 View Post
Not valid... Kovalev was our best forward, now its Cammalleri thats valid...

Cool that you think I'm young, I'm probably a decade older than you.

BTW, what it change that Kovalev was our scoring leader 3 out of 4 seasons? Not much of an argument, anyway last season he was trash, he would have finish 2nd if Markov wouldn't injured himself and miss the last 4 games of his team.

Cammalleri will be our best RW, Kovalev was our best RW, again, fair comparison ? I think so.
Sorry for the age thing, your story with your friends was looking like some "high school halls" talking

So if i understand it's a fair comparison for Habs fans. But if it is a comparison for habs fans, why do you post this poll on the main board???

Xspyrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2009, 04:49 PM
  #33
McNuts
Registered User
 
McNuts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,825
vCash: 500
Cammalleri is simply a better hockey player overall.

McNuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2009, 05:14 PM
  #34
Luigi Lemieux
Registered User
 
Luigi Lemieux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 13,113
vCash: 500
surprised this is so close. i love kovalev but at this point in their careers cammalleri's a much better player.

Luigi Lemieux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2009, 05:19 PM
  #35
Burnaby_Joe*
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 7,271
vCash: 500
Kovalev

Burnaby_Joe* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2009, 05:39 PM
  #36
LAX attack*
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The Danger Zone
Country: United States
Posts: 14,543
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to LAX attack*
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfans333 View Post
Yeah a "product" of Iginla.

More stupid Please?

He scored 30+ goals and 80+pts with Derek Armstrong feeding him the puck.

Kovalev had 1 All Star season in his last 8 seasons.

Cammalleri had 2 All Star season in his last 3 seasons.
More like Alex Frolov and Anze Kopitar and Lubo feeding him the puck

He does his damage on the PP, which Derek Armstrong didn't play on.

LAX attack* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2009, 05:46 PM
  #37
LeMAD
Registered User
 
LeMAD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Montreal
Posts: 4,380
vCash: 500
Kovalev is a better player than Cammalleri, but I feel he won't be as good in Ottawa. Montreal was the best place for him: tons of pressure to perform, but if you do you are a star. Without that motivation his play might not be as good.

But still I voted for Kovy.

LeMAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2009, 08:19 PM
  #38
DG
Registered User
 
DG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,739
vCash: 500
Cammy for me (Sens fan).

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMAD View Post
Kovalev is a better player than Cammalleri, but I feel he won't be as good in Ottawa. Montreal was the best place for him: tons of pressure to perform, but if you do you are a star. Without that motivation his play might not be as good.

But still I voted for Kovy.
Obviously you aren't in Ottawa often. There's nearly as much pressure here as any other city in the NHL.

The reason the pressure will have decreased is that he is a secondary scorer here...

DG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2009, 09:55 PM
  #39
Lim Ran
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,659
vCash: 987
But according to the Canadian media, Kovalev is the most talented all time.

Shouldn't this poll be Kovalev vs. Lemieux vs. Gretzky?

Lim Ran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2009, 10:16 PM
  #40
Boxscore
pre-Dead Puck Era
 
Boxscore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: 1985-94
Posts: 4,565
vCash: 500
Cammalleri. The guy is so underrated offensively it is a sin.

Boxscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2009, 10:22 PM
  #41
Spectaculard
Registered User
 
Spectaculard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Montreal
Posts: 8,207
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Spectaculard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DG View Post
Cammy for me (Sens fan).



Obviously you aren't in Ottawa often
Are you seriously comparing the two cities in terms of media and fan pressure? Not even close dude.

Spectaculard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2009, 10:39 PM
  #42
Gil Gunderson
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Ottawa, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,836
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azaroth View Post
But according to the Canadian media, Kovalev is the most talented all time.

Shouldn't this poll be Kovalev vs. Lemieux vs. Gretzky?
Talent does not equal success.

Gil Gunderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2009, 09:53 AM
  #43
Anksun
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Montreal
Posts: 3,562
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Anksun
Quote:
Originally Posted by DG View Post
Cammy for me (Sens fan).



Obviously you aren't in Ottawa often. There's nearly as much pressure here as any other city in the NHL.

The reason the pressure will have decreased is that he is a secondary scorer here...
There might have as much pressure in Ottawa as in most other city in the NHL. But Montreal simply isnt one of those "any other"... And i'm not saying it's a good thing for Montreal.

Anksun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2009, 02:45 PM
  #44
I Hate Chris Butler
Backlund Fan Club
 
I Hate Chris Butler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Saskatchewan
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,324
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfans333 View Post
Yeah a "product" of Iginla.

More stupid Please?

He scored 30+ goals and 80+pts with Derek Armstrong feeding him the puck.

Kovalev had 1 All Star season in his last 8 seasons.

Cammalleri had 2 All Star season in his last 3 seasons.
Did you see Cammalleri play at all last season? Besides the two games against Montreal, of course. Cammalleri can create his own opportunities, but that still didn't stop him from cashing in on all the passes Iginla was feeding him.

You also talk like Derek Armstrong was Cammalleri's only linemate. He also played with Frolov, and sometimes was with Kopitar.

I Hate Chris Butler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2009, 02:49 PM
  #45
417
Registered User
 
417's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Ottawa
Country: Haiti
Posts: 19,471
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by C For Choke View Post
Did you see Cammalleri play at all last season? Besides the two games against Montreal, of course. Cammalleri can create his own opportunities, but that still didn't stop him from cashing in on all the passes Iginla was feeding him.

You also talk like Derek Armstrong was Cammalleri's only linemate. He also played with Frolov, and sometimes was with Kopitar.
and he'll now play with one of the best passing centers in Scott Gomez and THE best passing defensman IMO in Andrei Markov

What's wrong with good players capitalizing on chances created by other good players? He's not being asked to carry the load in Montreal, he's going to be asked to be a goal scorer and that's what he's best at

417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2009, 02:54 PM
  #46
Natedawg
Lars Eller
 
Natedawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,776
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfans333 View Post
Yeah a "product" of Iginla.

More stupid Please?

He scored 30+ goals and 80+pts with Derek Armstrong feeding him the puck.

Kovalev had 1 All Star season in his last 8 seasons.

Cammalleri had 2 All Star season in his last 3 seasons.
This.

Natedawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2009, 02:55 PM
  #47
I Hate Chris Butler
Backlund Fan Club
 
I Hate Chris Butler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Saskatchewan
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,324
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
and he'll now play with one of the best passing centers in Scott Gomez and THE best passing defensman IMO in Andrei Markov

What's wrong with good players capitalizing on chances created by other good players? He's not being asked to carry the load in Montreal, he's going to be asked to be a goal scorer and that's what he's best at
Nothing wrong with, but the poster was making it seem as if Cammalleri was a force to be reckoned with who could put the puck in the net at will regardless of whom he was playing.

I Hate Chris Butler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2009, 02:56 PM
  #48
PhysicalTorque
Registered User
 
PhysicalTorque's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,483
vCash: 500
The real poll here consists of # of Habs fans versus # of SENS fans.
Fickleness and Bitterness is key here.

The real question should be:

5 ft 9 in (1.75 m)
185 lb (84 kg; 13 st 3 lb

Versus

6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)
220 lb (100 kg; 15 st 10 lb)

All in all, Kovy makes people around him better, while also holding the game in his hands and dominating, when he feels like it.

Camy gets pushed around far too easily, and won't be able to land those big hits.

PhysicalTorque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2009, 05:28 PM
  #49
habsfans333*
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: Mali
Posts: 1,470
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhysicalTorque View Post
The real poll here consists of # of Habs fans versus # of SENS fans.
Fickleness and Bitterness is key here.

The real question should be:

5 ft 9 in (1.75 m)
185 lb (84 kg; 13 st 3 lb

Versus

6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)
220 lb (100 kg; 15 st 10 lb)

All in all, Kovy makes people around him better, while also holding the game in his hands and dominating, when he feels like it.

Camy gets pushed around far too easily, and won't be able to land those big hits.
Nope.

habsfans333* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2009, 09:24 PM
  #50
PhysicalTorque
Registered User
 
PhysicalTorque's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,483
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfans333 View Post
Nope.
According to this press conference, he does!

http://senators.nhl.tv/team/console....id=24&id=44697

PhysicalTorque is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:44 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.