HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Is Michaud that much worse then Damphousse?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-30-2004, 10:07 AM
  #1
habsfan11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Lebanon
Posts: 388
vCash: 500
Is Michaud that much worse then Damphousse?

I was just wondering, because MIchaud seems to put up good numbers when he plays, but Jarvis would rather play Damphousse for three games in three nights then give michaud some playing time.

Is it just a matter of age, michaud being so young?


btw, michaud has been sent back down to the echl.
http://www.canoe.ca/Bulldogs/News/2.../29/400843.html

habsfan11 is online now  
Old
03-30-2004, 10:30 AM
  #2
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban
 
Team_Spirit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 19,382
vCash: 133
I rather see him in the ECHL and play a lot than on the bench in the AHL . Hopefully Damphousse and Fichaud will be gone this summer and Danis + Michaud will be in Hamilton .

Team_Spirit is offline  
Old
03-30-2004, 11:33 AM
  #3
ProspectsFans
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Tokyo
Posts: 44
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozeph_Balej
Hopefully Damphousse and Fichaud will be gone this summer and Danis + Michaud will be in Hamilton .
Well, I'm not sure of this one. Fichaud is out that's for sure! His left elbow is causing him to much problems and his contract will end at the end of the season. But for Damphousse, the Habs are having the option on him for next year.

Unfortunately for Michaud, I'm pretty sure that BG will use this option just to assure to Hamilton a goalkeeper with experience. I'd love to see Michaud with the Bulldogs next year, but the arrival of Danis, it will be Damphousse and Danis.

Michaud, be patient...

ProspectsFans is offline  
Old
03-30-2004, 12:38 PM
  #4
habsfan11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Lebanon
Posts: 388
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProspectsFans
Well, I'm not sure of this one. Fichaud is out that's for sure! His left elbow is causing him to much problems and his contract will end at the end of the season. But for Damphousse, the Habs are having the option on him for next year.

Unfortunately for Michaud, I'm pretty sure that BG will use this option just to assure to Hamilton a goalkeeper with experience. I'd love to see Michaud with the Bulldogs next year, but the arrival of Danis, it will be Damphousse and Danis.

Michaud, be patient...
out of curiosity, do they get paid the same in the echl as they do in the ahl, when they are on 2-way contracts

habsfan11 is online now  
Old
03-30-2004, 01:24 PM
  #5
montreal
Time to Get Down
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Hungary
Posts: 23,272
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozeph_Balej
I rather see him in the ECHL and play a lot than on the bench in the AHL . Hopefully Damphousse and Fichaud will be gone this summer and Danis + Michaud will be in Hamilton .


Michaud wont play much, Columbus's season is almost over they have 4 games left including one tonight. I don't think they will make the playoffs unless they win every game, and even then they still might not make it. Columbus is in a real need of a 2nd goalie as Antilla has been recalled, and they had to get a loaner from panthers ahl team and bring in an emergecy backup.


But I can't see Danis/Michaud combo next year. They have almost no experience in the AHL. I know Michaud is well liked around here, but there's reason Jarvis rode Damphousse. I expect Damphousse Danis next year.

montreal is offline  
Old
03-30-2004, 01:48 PM
  #6
db23
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,272
vCash: 500
Damphousse is 4 years older than Michaud. He was a former first round draft pick that the Habs thought was worth giving another chance to. But the future belongs to Michaud. He did pretty well in limited AHL action, but the Bulldogs will go with the older, more experienced, guys in the playoffs.

db23 is offline  
Old
03-30-2004, 02:59 PM
  #7
Corey
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 3,300
vCash: 500
Damphousse and Dagenais, they came in together and they'll go out together.

Corey is offline  
Old
03-30-2004, 03:35 PM
  #8
Holly Gunning
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: out and about
Posts: 3,486
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal
Columbus is in a real need of a 2nd goalie as Antilla has been recalled, and they had to get a loaner from panthers ahl team and bring in an emergecy backup.
Lajeunesse from the Panthers may have a concussion from being run on Saturday, that's where the need for the emergency back up came in. They still have Jason Tapp, who've they've had for a good chunk of the season. So it will be Tapp and Michaud in net.

Holly Gunning is offline  
Old
03-30-2004, 04:53 PM
  #9
NWT Habs Fan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Edmonton, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,046
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal
But I can't see Danis/Michaud combo next year. They have almost no experience in the AHL. I know Michaud is well liked around here, but there's reason Jarvis rode Damphousse. I expect Damphousse Danis next year.
I agree. I see Fichaud not being resigned, the Habs exercising their team option on Damphousse, and keeping Danis in Hamilton as the heir apparent. Once Danis can phase himself into the #1 role, then Michaud will have a chance at the bid for the backup role. Michaud will still get ice time in Hamilton if there are injuries during the season, and since he is still quite young, time is in his favour.

NWT Habs Fan is offline  
Old
03-30-2004, 04:57 PM
  #10
EaGLE1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Quebec City
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,442
vCash: 500
Michaud is not a great prospect. I don't think this guy will play in the nhl again!

EaGLE1 is offline  
Old
03-30-2004, 05:34 PM
  #11
db23
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,272
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EaGLE1
Michaud is not a great prospect. I don't think this guy will play in the nhl again!
He is the second youngest goaltender in the AHL to Toivonen and has similar stats. What makes you say he isn't a good prospect? His numbers (in less games) are much better than Theodore's were in the AHL at the same age.

db23 is offline  
Old
03-30-2004, 05:43 PM
  #12
habsfan11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Lebanon
Posts: 388
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by db23
He is the second youngest goaltender in the AHL to Toivonen and has similar stats. What makes you say he isn't a good prospect? His numbers (in less games) are much better than Theodore's were in the AHL at the same age.
i like the guy, but numbers aren't the whole story..... if you go on numbers then Michaud is the best goalie to ever play in the nhl because he has a life time GAA of 0.00 and was one of the youngest goalies ever to play.... he is raw and one day could be a good nhl backup, but personally i dont see much more out of him.

habsfan11 is online now  
Old
03-30-2004, 06:01 PM
  #13
penopekoo
Registered User
 
penopekoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 833
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey_s_
i like the guy, but numbers aren't the whole story..... if you go on numbers then Michaud is the best goalie to ever play in the nhl because he has a life time GAA of 0.00 and was one of the youngest goalies ever to play.... he is raw and one day could be a good nhl backup, but personally i dont see much more out of him.
Can anyone tell me the story of how Michaud got to play his 20-odd minutes in the NHL? What were the injury situations, who were we playing, etc?

Thanks!

penopekoo is offline  
Old
03-30-2004, 06:07 PM
  #14
Rahan
Registered User
 
Rahan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Chicoutimi
Posts: 1,756
vCash: 500
You know what, I think that the difference is experience. Michaud is a lot better than Damphousse. Damphousse is consistant...in giving 3 goals a game. For some reason people here won't give Michaud time to get experience, and that's too bad, because Michaud has all the tools to be good. Looks like for his specific case they forgot goalies take time to develop but for others goalies this fact exists.

Rahan is offline  
Old
03-30-2004, 06:48 PM
  #15
montreal
Time to Get Down
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Hungary
Posts: 23,272
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rahan
You know what, I think that the difference is experience. Michaud is a lot better than Damphousse. Damphousse is consistant...in giving 3 goals a game. For some reason people here won't give Michaud time to get experience, and that's too bad, because Michaud has all the tools to be good. Looks like for his specific case they forgot goalies take time to develop but for others goalies this fact exists.


Why is Jarvis playing Damphousse all the time when Michaud is so much better? Makes no sense to me. When every game is important to stay in 1st in their division, Jarvis is going to go with who he thinks will win the game. When he puts in Damphousse in every game back to back to back right after coming back from injury, that should tell you that Jarvis isn't overly thrilled with Michaud (who he even said in his pregame interview that Michaud didn't have his best games out there while Damphousse was injured).

When Savard did an interview at the Dogs game the other day, when talking about the Danis signing, he said that they had been interested in Danis for the last 2 years. He also said that Gainey must have felt the the goaltending position needed more depth.

montreal is offline  
Old
03-30-2004, 09:06 PM
  #16
habsfan11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Lebanon
Posts: 388
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal
Why is Jarvis playing Damphousse all the time when Michaud is so much better? Makes no sense to me. When every game is important to stay in 1st in their division, Jarvis is going to go with who he thinks will win the game. When he puts in Damphousse in every game back to back to back right after coming back from injury, that should tell you that Jarvis isn't overly thrilled with Michaud (who he even said in his pregame interview that Michaud didn't have his best games out there while Damphousse was injured).

When Savard did an interview at the Dogs game the other day, when talking about the Danis signing, he said that they had been interested in Danis for the last 2 years. He also said that Gainey must have felt the the goaltending position needed more depth.
I agree with you, but obviously Damphousse wasnt getting it done, because the baby habs were awful in those 3 back to back to back games...

i hope they call him back up after the echl season is over, even if its just to practice with the bulldogs... let him be part of a winning team

habsfan11 is online now  
Old
03-30-2004, 11:02 PM
  #17
montreal
Time to Get Down
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Hungary
Posts: 23,272
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey_s_
I agree with you, but obviously Damphousse wasnt getting it done, because the baby habs were awful in those 3 back to back to back games...

That's the point, Jarvis must really not have faith in Michaud if he keeps playing a bad Damphousse. Michaud's started 1 game since Damphousse has been back unless I missed a start. I think Michaud is a fine prospect, but I just don't see how he's so much better then Damphousse. He is quicker and seems to have better reflexes, but Damphousse can take up more room up top, where I think Michaud will have problems. Doesn't mean he can't fix that in time, and if he's in the ECHL next year he'll get a lot of playing time hopefully so he can work on his game. I wouldn't mind Danis/Michaud, but I would think Gainey/Savard go with Damphousse/Danis.

I think Damphousse has been decent this year, just very inconsistent. It seems like he'll be good one game, then if he plays in the next game, he seems to struggle more. I haven't seen any of his games since he's been back from injury, but from the sounds of it he's doing the same.

montreal is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:13 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.