HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Is Michaud that much worse then Damphousse?

Closed Thread

Old
03-30-2004, 10:07 AM
habsfan11

vCash: 500
Is Michaud that much worse then Damphousse?

I was just wondering, because MIchaud seems to put up good numbers when he plays, but Jarvis would rather play Damphousse for three games in three nights then give michaud some playing time.

Is it just a matter of age, michaud being so young?

btw, michaud has been sent back down to the echl.
http://www.canoe.ca/Bulldogs/News/2.../29/400843.html

Old
03-30-2004, 10:30 AM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 133
I rather see him in the ECHL and play a lot than on the bench in the AHL . Hopefully Damphousse and Fichaud will be gone this summer and Danis + Michaud will be in Hamilton .

Old
03-30-2004, 11:33 AM
ProspectsFans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozeph_Balej
Hopefully Damphousse and Fichaud will be gone this summer and Danis + Michaud will be in Hamilton .
Well, I'm not sure of this one. Fichaud is out that's for sure! His left elbow is causing him to much problems and his contract will end at the end of the season. But for Damphousse, the Habs are having the option on him for next year.

Unfortunately for Michaud, I'm pretty sure that BG will use this option just to assure to Hamilton a goalkeeper with experience. I'd love to see Michaud with the Bulldogs next year, but the arrival of Danis, it will be Damphousse and Danis.

Michaud, be patient...

Old
03-30-2004, 12:38 PM
habsfan11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProspectsFans
Well, I'm not sure of this one. Fichaud is out that's for sure! His left elbow is causing him to much problems and his contract will end at the end of the season. But for Damphousse, the Habs are having the option on him for next year.

Unfortunately for Michaud, I'm pretty sure that BG will use this option just to assure to Hamilton a goalkeeper with experience. I'd love to see Michaud with the Bulldogs next year, but the arrival of Danis, it will be Damphousse and Danis.

Michaud, be patient...
out of curiosity, do they get paid the same in the echl as they do in the ahl, when they are on 2-way contracts

Old
03-30-2004, 01:24 PM
montreal
Time to Get Down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozeph_Balej
I rather see him in the ECHL and play a lot than on the bench in the AHL . Hopefully Damphousse and Fichaud will be gone this summer and Danis + Michaud will be in Hamilton .

Michaud wont play much, Columbus's season is almost over they have 4 games left including one tonight. I don't think they will make the playoffs unless they win every game, and even then they still might not make it. Columbus is in a real need of a 2nd goalie as Antilla has been recalled, and they had to get a loaner from panthers ahl team and bring in an emergecy backup.

But I can't see Danis/Michaud combo next year. They have almost no experience in the AHL. I know Michaud is well liked around here, but there's reason Jarvis rode Damphousse. I expect Damphousse Danis next year.

Old
03-30-2004, 01:48 PM
db23

Damphousse is 4 years older than Michaud. He was a former first round draft pick that the Habs thought was worth giving another chance to. But the future belongs to Michaud. He did pretty well in limited AHL action, but the Bulldogs will go with the older, more experienced, guys in the playoffs.

Old
03-30-2004, 02:59 PM
Corey

Damphousse and Dagenais, they came in together and they'll go out together.

Old
03-30-2004, 03:35 PM
Holly Gunning

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal
Columbus is in a real need of a 2nd goalie as Antilla has been recalled, and they had to get a loaner from panthers ahl team and bring in an emergecy backup.
Lajeunesse from the Panthers may have a concussion from being run on Saturday, that's where the need for the emergency back up came in. They still have Jason Tapp, who've they've had for a good chunk of the season. So it will be Tapp and Michaud in net.

Old
03-30-2004, 04:53 PM
NWT Habs Fan

Quote:
But I can't see Danis/Michaud combo next year. They have almost no experience in the AHL. I know Michaud is well liked around here, but there's reason Jarvis rode Damphousse. I expect Damphousse Danis next year.
I agree. I see Fichaud not being resigned, the Habs exercising their team option on Damphousse, and keeping Danis in Hamilton as the heir apparent. Once Danis can phase himself into the #1 role, then Michaud will have a chance at the bid for the backup role. Michaud will still get ice time in Hamilton if there are injuries during the season, and since he is still quite young, time is in his favour.

Old
03-30-2004, 04:57 PM
EaGLE1

Michaud is not a great prospect. I don't think this guy will play in the nhl again!

Old
03-30-2004, 05:34 PM
db23

Quote:
Originally Posted by EaGLE1
Michaud is not a great prospect. I don't think this guy will play in the nhl again!
He is the second youngest goaltender in the AHL to Toivonen and has similar stats. What makes you say he isn't a good prospect? His numbers (in less games) are much better than Theodore's were in the AHL at the same age.

Old
03-30-2004, 05:43 PM
habsfan11

Quote:
Originally Posted by db23
He is the second youngest goaltender in the AHL to Toivonen and has similar stats. What makes you say he isn't a good prospect? His numbers (in less games) are much better than Theodore's were in the AHL at the same age.
i like the guy, but numbers aren't the whole story..... if you go on numbers then Michaud is the best goalie to ever play in the nhl because he has a life time GAA of 0.00 and was one of the youngest goalies ever to play.... he is raw and one day could be a good nhl backup, but personally i dont see much more out of him.

Old
03-30-2004, 06:01 PM
penopekoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey_s_
i like the guy, but numbers aren't the whole story..... if you go on numbers then Michaud is the best goalie to ever play in the nhl because he has a life time GAA of 0.00 and was one of the youngest goalies ever to play.... he is raw and one day could be a good nhl backup, but personally i dont see much more out of him.
Can anyone tell me the story of how Michaud got to play his 20-odd minutes in the NHL? What were the injury situations, who were we playing, etc?

Thanks!

Old
03-30-2004, 06:07 PM
Rahan

You know what, I think that the difference is experience. Michaud is a lot better than Damphousse. Damphousse is consistant...in giving 3 goals a game. For some reason people here won't give Michaud time to get experience, and that's too bad, because Michaud has all the tools to be good. Looks like for his specific case they forgot goalies take time to develop but for others goalies this fact exists.

Old
03-30-2004, 06:48 PM
montreal
Time to Get Down

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahan
You know what, I think that the difference is experience. Michaud is a lot better than Damphousse. Damphousse is consistant...in giving 3 goals a game. For some reason people here won't give Michaud time to get experience, and that's too bad, because Michaud has all the tools to be good. Looks like for his specific case they forgot goalies take time to develop but for others goalies this fact exists.

Why is Jarvis playing Damphousse all the time when Michaud is so much better? Makes no sense to me. When every game is important to stay in 1st in their division, Jarvis is going to go with who he thinks will win the game. When he puts in Damphousse in every game back to back to back right after coming back from injury, that should tell you that Jarvis isn't overly thrilled with Michaud (who he even said in his pregame interview that Michaud didn't have his best games out there while Damphousse was injured).

When Savard did an interview at the Dogs game the other day, when talking about the Danis signing, he said that they had been interested in Danis for the last 2 years. He also said that Gainey must have felt the the goaltending position needed more depth.

Old
03-30-2004, 09:06 PM
habsfan11

Quote:
Why is Jarvis playing Damphousse all the time when Michaud is so much better? Makes no sense to me. When every game is important to stay in 1st in their division, Jarvis is going to go with who he thinks will win the game. When he puts in Damphousse in every game back to back to back right after coming back from injury, that should tell you that Jarvis isn't overly thrilled with Michaud (who he even said in his pregame interview that Michaud didn't have his best games out there while Damphousse was injured).

When Savard did an interview at the Dogs game the other day, when talking about the Danis signing, he said that they had been interested in Danis for the last 2 years. He also said that Gainey must have felt the the goaltending position needed more depth.
I agree with you, but obviously Damphousse wasnt getting it done, because the baby habs were awful in those 3 back to back to back games...

i hope they call him back up after the echl season is over, even if its just to practice with the bulldogs... let him be part of a winning team

Old
03-30-2004, 11:02 PM
montreal
Time to Get Down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey_s_
I agree with you, but obviously Damphousse wasnt getting it done, because the baby habs were awful in those 3 back to back to back games...

That's the point, Jarvis must really not have faith in Michaud if he keeps playing a bad Damphousse. Michaud's started 1 game since Damphousse has been back unless I missed a start. I think Michaud is a fine prospect, but I just don't see how he's so much better then Damphousse. He is quicker and seems to have better reflexes, but Damphousse can take up more room up top, where I think Michaud will have problems. Doesn't mean he can't fix that in time, and if he's in the ECHL next year he'll get a lot of playing time hopefully so he can work on his game. I wouldn't mind Danis/Michaud, but I would think Gainey/Savard go with Damphousse/Danis.

I think Damphousse has been decent this year, just very inconsistent. It seems like he'll be good one game, then if he plays in the next game, he seems to struggle more. I haven't seen any of his games since he's been back from injury, but from the sounds of it he's doing the same.

Closed Thread