HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Avs Sign Duchene

Old
07-17-2009, 04:54 PM
Jwm1986

vCash: 500
I think another year of Juniors or the AHL would be best for Duchene....Do you guys really think that a full year of the NHL is best for his development? i dont see it....

Jwm1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2009, 05:29 PM
PeterTheGreat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwm1986 View Post
I think another year of Juniors or the AHL would be best for Duchene....Do you guys really think that a full year of the NHL is best for his development? i dont see it....
1. It all depends on how he does at training camp/pre season/9 game tryout during regular season. Nobody knows right now.

2. He can't play in the AHL, he is too young.

3. If he's ready to play in the NHL, than yes, a full season will help his development more than a year at Brampton would. If not, than he should go back to Brampton.

PeterTheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2009, 05:26 AM
NWAvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaems View Post
After drafting Duchene, we Avs fans thought that the team was now ready to head into the playoffs, but after this brilliant insightful comment, we've come back to reality and realize that's probably not going to happen. Thanks for that. Really, without it, we would still be preparing the parade.
I havent laughed at something from HF this hard ever.

NWAvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2009, 01:29 PM
Novak Djokovic
MARC METHOT's #1 FAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Scofield View Post
My favorite player out of the draft. Anyone that compares to Sakic i like.
Same here. I love star players that are good in both zones.

In 2008, my favourite player in the draft was Luke Schenn. Unfortunately, Toronto took him.

Novak Djokovic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2009, 05:52 PM
Sidney the Kidney
Injured Reserve

vCash: 1000
I'm looking forward to seeing how Duchene does in the NHL. I've contended that the Isles made a mistake taking Tavares over Duchene, because I think Duchene's attributes (speed, two-way game, playmaking) make it more likely that he can do at the NHL level, what he did in Junior.

I could see Tavares having a better rookie season, though, because the Islanders literally have no one to play ahead of Tavares, and he'll get the 18 to 20 minutes a night, including top PP minutes. I'm not sure Duchene will, with having to play behind the likes of Stastny, Hejduk, Wolski and (when he's not injured) Svatos.

Sidney the Kidney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2009, 06:29 PM
Trottier
Very Random

Quote:
Originally Posted by #11_THEBEST! View Post
Same here. I love star players that are good in both zones.
Good man.

Get past the highlight clips (and they are exciting, to be sure), and you have a guy who can contribute in every area of the ice. Not to say he's a finished product (far from it), but I just have a feeling about this player. Very bullish on his NHL future, and would not be surprised if he is the best of this lot when all shakes out many years from now.

Which does not win me much favor among my NYI brethren, but so it goes.

Trottier is offline   Reply With Quote