HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Habs Lounge and Le Cabaret, Episode VIII: The Journey Continues

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-02-2009, 01:58 PM
  #101
#2eddieshore
Registered User
 
#2eddieshore's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: England / Montréal
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 939
vCash: 500
in may i went to disney: holywood studios and it was pretty crap.

im 22 and only a few rides were of interest.

i also went to both Universal parks and they were much better!

#2eddieshore is offline  
Old
08-02-2009, 07:33 PM
  #102
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW
 
Hannibal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 5,165
vCash: 500
Car audio system

Hi,

I want to change my audio system in my car and i heard that Bose system are the best on the market! So, i tried to look for a dealer of Bose System but i can find anyone.... So, i need to know where i could buy a BoseSystem for my car...!

BTW, my car is a Mazda Protege 1997.

Th!

Hannibal is offline  
Old
08-02-2009, 07:37 PM
  #103
overlords
Hfboards
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trolling Brian Wilde
Posts: 26,411
vCash: 500
if you know how to install it yourself, you're better off ordering online like with most things.

overlords is offline  
Old
08-02-2009, 07:40 PM
  #104
the_crippler12
Registered User
 
the_crippler12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Boucherville
Country: Canada
Posts: 603
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
Hi,

I want to change my audio system in my car and i heard that Bose system are the best on the market! So, i tried to look for a dealer of Bose System but i can find anyone.... So, i need to know where i could buy a BoseSystem for my car...!

BTW, my car is a Mazda Protege 1997.

Th!
i have the same car... what is your budget?

the_crippler12 is offline  
Old
08-02-2009, 07:54 PM
  #105
Ghost of Saku
Registered User
 
Ghost of Saku's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,316
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
if you know how to install it yourself, you're better off ordering online like with most things.
buy all your stuff on ebay... honestly though, invest the most into the front speakers - those make the biggest difference... along with a new head unit...

Once my full audio install is done on my Mazda 3 I'll show you some pics

Ghost of Saku is offline  
Old
08-02-2009, 07:56 PM
  #106
Sebaldian
Registered User
 
Sebaldian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,391
vCash: 500
Bose? Really?
I'd much rather have Polk speakers.

Sebaldian is offline  
Old
08-02-2009, 07:59 PM
  #107
Beaker
In My Lab Goggles
 
Beaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: In The Lab.
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,503
vCash: 500
Bose is amazing.

Beaker is online now  
Old
08-02-2009, 07:59 PM
  #108
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW
 
Hannibal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 5,165
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_crippler12 View Post
i have the same car... what is your budget?
I don't really have any restriction in my budget, but i don't want to but over 500$ for it... I want to best "bang for the buck"....

And im not able to install that myself, so i can't buy it on ebay....

Hannibal is offline  
Old
08-02-2009, 08:05 PM
  #109
Sebaldian
Registered User
 
Sebaldian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,391
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montrealistic View Post
Bose is amazing.
I don't get that. Have you heard other stuff? Or are you just comparing it to regular crappy factory stereos?

I mean, it's really not terrible. It's middle of the line stuff. The problem is the price. It's mid range but priced at high range. I guess people like paying through the nose for a recognizable brand name.

Sebaldian is offline  
Old
08-02-2009, 08:06 PM
  #110
overlords
Hfboards
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trolling Brian Wilde
Posts: 26,411
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
I don't really have any restriction in my budget, but i don't want to but over 500$ for it... I want to best "bang for the buck"....

And im not able to install that myself, so i can't buy it on ebay....
uhh. I'm pc builder, not a sound nerd but it seems to me that bose speakers are REALLY expensive. I'm not sure how realistic a 500$ limit would be in regards to a full sound system.

then again, like i said, i'm a sound noob and could be totally wrong.

overlords is offline  
Old
08-02-2009, 08:08 PM
  #111
Avim86
Registered User
 
Avim86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal , Qc
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,567
vCash: 500
Don't get bose...it's way too expensive for what it is you pay for the name , yes they work well...Go with infinity (kappa series are very nice with some component tweeters , get a 4 channel amplifier (unless you plan on changing your stock radio).

Your looking at about 250-300 bucks for the 2 pairs of speakers and another 250-300 for a decent 4 chan amp, so maybe with install might run you about 600-700?

Avim86 is offline  
Old
08-02-2009, 08:24 PM
  #112
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW
 
Hannibal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 5,165
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK46Awesome View Post
Don't get bose...it's way too expensive for what it is you pay for the name , yes they work well...Go with infinity (kappa series are very nice with some component tweeters , get a 4 channel amplifier (unless you plan on changing your stock radio).

Your looking at about 250-300 bucks for the 2 pairs of speakers and another 250-300 for a decent 4 chan amp, so maybe with install might run you about 600-700?
The main reason why i want to change my audio system, is because i don't have any CD reader in my car... And by changing that, i want to upgrade my all-around sound, i want to know where (In which store) i could find the best pack for my money, etc.... Thx!

Hannibal is offline  
Old
08-02-2009, 08:48 PM
  #113
snakeye
Registered User
 
snakeye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,817
vCash: 500
Looking for a monthly cellphone plan

Well I've been doing some research for a while now and well... I'm pretty lost and discouraged. I'm looking for a monthly plan that has the following:

over 100 minutes per month, possibly 200
over 100 txt mgs per month
caller id
voicemail if possible
costs less than 35/month

Is this possible? Fido has a nice and clear site where it's easy to figure things out... things like it's too expensive. Rogers' site is a piece of rat****, and have no idea what they're trying to sell. Their plans just have the cost. I have no idea if Telus' plans include caller id, voicemail etc. Bell...well, it's not cheap. Then there's solo mobile, koodo...

They all have plans that look attractive, but then they start ****** you up the ass with $6 for caller ID and other features.

So... is what I'm looking for possible? How much are you guys paying for your mobile and what features does it include?

Thanks in advance for any help/advice.

snakeye is offline  
Old
08-02-2009, 08:59 PM
  #114
overlords
Hfboards
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trolling Brian Wilde
Posts: 26,411
vCash: 500
whatever you do, don't go with bell or telus.

I'd recommend either rogers or fido. They're all expensive dude, get used to it. One of the few things the states has on us is that their wireless plans are dirt cheap compared to ours.

overlords is offline  
Old
08-02-2009, 09:02 PM
  #115
overlords
Hfboards
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trolling Brian Wilde
Posts: 26,411
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
The main reason why i want to change my audio system, is because i don't have any CD reader in my car... And by changing that, i want to upgrade my all-around sound, i want to know where (In which store) i could find the best pack for my money, etc.... Thx!
then it seems to me that you just used the name bose because you've heard it thrown around. Unless you're a real audiophile, i wouldn't advise you getting such a high end system just because you want a cd player.

overlords is offline  
Old
08-02-2009, 09:04 PM
  #116
snakeye
Registered User
 
snakeye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,817
vCash: 500
Thing is I can't afford anything more expensive right now.

It's not just the states, but Europe as well. For some reason we're being screwed over for both internet and mobile in Canada.

Why should I stay away from Bell and Telus?

snakeye is offline  
Old
08-02-2009, 09:15 PM
  #117
Bobby Clark
Spicy Sausage
 
Bobby Clark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Chez Bobby
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,223
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeye View Post
Thing is I can't afford anything more expensive right now.

It's not just the states, but Europe as well. For some reason we're being screwed over for both internet and mobile in Canada.

Why should I stay away from Bell and Telus?
That's what happens when you have a huge territory but a small population.The States are pretty big as well but have more than 8 times our population and let's not even talk about Europe with countries that are smaller than Quebec alone but have 4 to 5 times the population of Canada.

Bobby Clark is offline  
Old
08-02-2009, 09:17 PM
  #118
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW
 
Hannibal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 5,165
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
then it seems to me that you just used the name bose because you've heard it thrown around. Unless you're a real audiophile, i wouldn't advise you getting such a high end system just because you want a cd player.
I want a CD player but i want good speakers also! So, i need advise about the speakers i should target if i don't want to pay too much but still want a good quality!

Thx!

Hannibal is offline  
Old
08-02-2009, 09:43 PM
  #119
overlords
Hfboards
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trolling Brian Wilde
Posts: 26,411
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeye View Post
Thing is I can't afford anything more expensive right now.

It's not just the states, but Europe as well. For some reason we're being screwed over for both internet and mobile in Canada.

Why should I stay away from Bell and Telus?
AFAIK, you can't use regular unlocked phones with bell and telus. Meaning you have to buy whatever phones they're offering you and for whatever price they say. This might be ok for you now, but down the line you'd probably regret it. I could go on and on, but in short, giving bell any of your money is generally a bad idea. Haven't heard the best of things regarding telus' customer service either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
I want a CD player but i want good speakers also! So, i need advise about the speakers i should target if i don't want to pay too much but still want a good quality!

Thx!
There is a difference between 'good' and 'high-end'. I wish i could help you with a brand, but i can tell you that super expensive brands like bose aren't for you.

overlords is offline  
Old
08-02-2009, 09:50 PM
  #120
snakeye
Registered User
 
snakeye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,817
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
AFAIK, you can't use regular unlocked phones with bell and telus. Meaning you have to buy whatever phones they're offering you and for whatever price they say. This might be ok for you now, but down the line you'd probably regret it. I could go on and on, but in short, giving bell any of your money is generally a bad idea. Haven't heard the best of things regarding telus' customer service either.
I'm looking to buy a Nokia phone, and most Nokia phones are GSM I believe, so yeah I'm leaning more towards Rogers and Fido. Still, the cost of the plan is my priority.

I've heard and read bad things about Rogers customer service as well (and Fido since Rogers bought them). Apparently their staff are trained to be rude and argumentative. And Bell... well let's just say I'm not interested in speaking to someone 10,000 miles away about a problem I'm experiencing with my phone.

snakeye is offline  
Old
08-02-2009, 09:54 PM
  #121
overlords
Hfboards
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trolling Brian Wilde
Posts: 26,411
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeye View Post
I'm looking to buy a Nokia phone, and most Nokia phones are GSM I believe, so yeah I'm leaning more towards Rogers and Fido. Still, the cost of the plan is my priority.

I've heard and read bad things about Rogers customer service as well (and Fido since Rogers bought them). Apparently their staff are trained to be rude and argumentative. And Bell... well let's just say I'm not interested in speaking to someone 10,000 miles away about a problem I'm experiencing with my phone.
well i think the moral of the story is that most customer service kinda sucks. My advice would be to get a 1 year plan (cheapest you can get) with fido or rogers, then threaten to not come back after your one year is up and they'll set you up with a retention plan with great value.

overlords is offline  
Old
08-02-2009, 09:57 PM
  #122
snakeye
Registered User
 
snakeye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,817
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
well i think the moral of the story is that most customer service kinda sucks. My advice would be to get a 1 year plan (cheapest you can get) with fido or rogers, then threaten to not come back after your one year is up and they'll set you up with a retention plan with great value.
haha yeah I've actually been thinking of doing that.

snakeye is offline  
Old
08-02-2009, 11:52 PM
  #123
Sined
The AndroidBugler!
 
Sined's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,683
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeye View Post
I'm looking to buy a Nokia phone, and most Nokia phones are GSM I believe, so yeah I'm leaning more towards Rogers and Fido. Still, the cost of the plan is my priority.

I've heard and read bad things about Rogers customer service as well (and Fido since Rogers bought them). Apparently their staff are trained to be rude and argumentative. And Bell... well let's just say I'm not interested in speaking to someone 10,000 miles away about a problem I'm experiencing with my phone.
I've heard bad things about Rogers CS as well. With Bell I have an easy trick to avoid talking to someone in Asia, just make sure you're trying French CS.

As for the plan you could get (with a non-smart phone) for $35 the $20 mega value plan + $15 value pack which would give you:

* 200 + 100 Bonus Weekday Minutes
* Unlimited Evenings and Weekends from 6 PM
* Call Display with Name Display
* Enhanced Voicemail
* 1,000 Messaging Bundle (for Text, Email, IM, Picture/Video Messages)
* Unlimited Mobile Browsing Plan
* WhoCalled (Tells you who called when your phone is off or in a dead zone)
* Mobile Backup

This doesn't include the $7.95 System Access Fee and Emergency Access Fee.

Sined is offline  
Old
08-03-2009, 12:19 AM
  #124
jiboy
Patience
 
jiboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: RN
Country: Canada
Posts: 892
vCash: 50
Guys not sure I'm at the right place but you know everything so I'm sure you can help me out

I would like to know how come I am not able to look at hockey archives on NHL.com, during the season I could do it. Paid for Centre Ice like 25$/month.
But now there is no way to get it or maybe there's something im doing wrong?

thanks already

jiboy is offline  
Old
08-03-2009, 12:36 AM
  #125
snakeye
Registered User
 
snakeye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,817
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sined View Post
I've heard bad things about Rogers CS as well. With Bell I have an easy trick to avoid talking to someone in Asia, just make sure you're trying French CS.

As for the plan you could get (with a non-smart phone) for $35 the $20 mega value plan + $15 value pack which would give you:

* 200 + 100 Bonus Weekday Minutes
* Unlimited Evenings and Weekends from 6 PM
* Call Display with Name Display
* Enhanced Voicemail
* 1,000 Messaging Bundle (for Text, Email, IM, Picture/Video Messages)
* Unlimited Mobile Browsing Plan
* WhoCalled (Tells you who called when your phone is off or in a dead zone)
* Mobile Backup

This doesn't include the $7.95 System Access Fee and Emergency Access Fee.
Sign I couldn't find that plan on Rogers' pathetic web 1.0 site. Do you have a link?

snakeye is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:41 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.