HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Habs Lounge and Le Cabaret, Episode VIII: The Journey Continues

Closed Thread

Old
08-02-2009, 01:58 PM
#2eddieshore

vCash: 500
in may i went to disney: holywood studios and it was pretty crap.

im 22 and only a few rides were of interest.

i also went to both Universal parks and they were much better!

Old
08-02-2009, 07:33 PM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

Car audio system

Hi,

I want to change my audio system in my car and i heard that Bose system are the best on the market! So, i tried to look for a dealer of Bose System but i can find anyone.... So, i need to know where i could buy a BoseSystem for my car...!

BTW, my car is a Mazda Protege 1997.

Th!

Old
08-02-2009, 07:37 PM
overlords
Hfboards

if you know how to install it yourself, you're better off ordering online like with most things.

Old
08-02-2009, 07:40 PM
the_crippler12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
Hi,

I want to change my audio system in my car and i heard that Bose system are the best on the market! So, i tried to look for a dealer of Bose System but i can find anyone.... So, i need to know where i could buy a BoseSystem for my car...!

BTW, my car is a Mazda Protege 1997.

Th!
i have the same car... what is your budget?

Old
08-02-2009, 07:54 PM
Ghost of Saku

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
if you know how to install it yourself, you're better off ordering online like with most things.
buy all your stuff on ebay... honestly though, invest the most into the front speakers - those make the biggest difference... along with a new head unit...

Once my full audio install is done on my Mazda 3 I'll show you some pics

Old
08-02-2009, 07:56 PM
Sebaldian

Bose? Really?
I'd much rather have Polk speakers.

Old
08-02-2009, 07:59 PM
Beaker
In My Lab Goggles

Bose is amazing.

Old
08-02-2009, 07:59 PM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_crippler12 View Post
i have the same car... what is your budget?
I don't really have any restriction in my budget, but i don't want to but over 500$ for it... I want to best "bang for the buck"....

And im not able to install that myself, so i can't buy it on ebay....

Old
08-02-2009, 08:05 PM
Sebaldian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montrealistic View Post
Bose is amazing.
I don't get that. Have you heard other stuff? Or are you just comparing it to regular crappy factory stereos?

I mean, it's really not terrible. It's middle of the line stuff. The problem is the price. It's mid range but priced at high range. I guess people like paying through the nose for a recognizable brand name.

Old
08-02-2009, 08:06 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
I don't really have any restriction in my budget, but i don't want to but over 500$ for it... I want to best "bang for the buck"....

And im not able to install that myself, so i can't buy it on ebay....
uhh. I'm pc builder, not a sound nerd but it seems to me that bose speakers are REALLY expensive. I'm not sure how realistic a 500$ limit would be in regards to a full sound system.

then again, like i said, i'm a sound noob and could be totally wrong.

Old
08-02-2009, 08:08 PM
Avim86

Don't get bose...it's way too expensive for what it is you pay for the name , yes they work well...Go with infinity (kappa series are very nice with some component tweeters , get a 4 channel amplifier (unless you plan on changing your stock radio).

Your looking at about 250-300 bucks for the 2 pairs of speakers and another 250-300 for a decent 4 chan amp, so maybe with install might run you about 600-700?

Old
08-02-2009, 08:24 PM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK46Awesome View Post
Don't get bose...it's way too expensive for what it is you pay for the name , yes they work well...Go with infinity (kappa series are very nice with some component tweeters , get a 4 channel amplifier (unless you plan on changing your stock radio).

Your looking at about 250-300 bucks for the 2 pairs of speakers and another 250-300 for a decent 4 chan amp, so maybe with install might run you about 600-700?
The main reason why i want to change my audio system, is because i don't have any CD reader in my car... And by changing that, i want to upgrade my all-around sound, i want to know where (In which store) i could find the best pack for my money, etc.... Thx!

Old
08-02-2009, 08:48 PM
snakeye

Looking for a monthly cellphone plan

Well I've been doing some research for a while now and well... I'm pretty lost and discouraged. I'm looking for a monthly plan that has the following:

over 100 minutes per month, possibly 200
over 100 txt mgs per month
caller id
voicemail if possible
costs less than 35/month

Is this possible? Fido has a nice and clear site where it's easy to figure things out... things like it's too expensive. Rogers' site is a piece of rat****, and have no idea what they're trying to sell. Their plans just have the cost. I have no idea if Telus' plans include caller id, voicemail etc. Bell...well, it's not cheap. Then there's solo mobile, koodo...

They all have plans that look attractive, but then they start ****** you up the ass with $6 for caller ID and other features.

So... is what I'm looking for possible? How much are you guys paying for your mobile and what features does it include?

Thanks in advance for any help/advice.

Old
08-02-2009, 08:59 PM
overlords
Hfboards

whatever you do, don't go with bell or telus.

I'd recommend either rogers or fido. They're all expensive dude, get used to it. One of the few things the states has on us is that their wireless plans are dirt cheap compared to ours.

Old
08-02-2009, 09:02 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
The main reason why i want to change my audio system, is because i don't have any CD reader in my car... And by changing that, i want to upgrade my all-around sound, i want to know where (In which store) i could find the best pack for my money, etc.... Thx!
then it seems to me that you just used the name bose because you've heard it thrown around. Unless you're a real audiophile, i wouldn't advise you getting such a high end system just because you want a cd player.

Old
08-02-2009, 09:04 PM
snakeye

Thing is I can't afford anything more expensive right now.

It's not just the states, but Europe as well. For some reason we're being screwed over for both internet and mobile in Canada.

Why should I stay away from Bell and Telus?

Old
08-02-2009, 09:15 PM
Bobby Clark
Spicy Sausage

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeye View Post

It's not just the states, but Europe as well. For some reason we're being screwed over for both internet and mobile in Canada.

That's what happens when you have a huge territory but a small population.The States are pretty big as well but have more than 8 times our population and let's not even talk about Europe with countries that are smaller than Quebec alone but have 4 to 5 times the population of Canada.

Old
08-02-2009, 09:17 PM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

Quote:
then it seems to me that you just used the name bose because you've heard it thrown around. Unless you're a real audiophile, i wouldn't advise you getting such a high end system just because you want a cd player.
I want a CD player but i want good speakers also! So, i need advise about the speakers i should target if i don't want to pay too much but still want a good quality!

Thx!

Old
08-02-2009, 09:43 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:

AFAIK, you can't use regular unlocked phones with bell and telus. Meaning you have to buy whatever phones they're offering you and for whatever price they say. This might be ok for you now, but down the line you'd probably regret it. I could go on and on, but in short, giving bell any of your money is generally a bad idea. Haven't heard the best of things regarding telus' customer service either.

Quote:
I want a CD player but i want good speakers also! So, i need advise about the speakers i should target if i don't want to pay too much but still want a good quality!

Thx!
There is a difference between 'good' and 'high-end'. I wish i could help you with a brand, but i can tell you that super expensive brands like bose aren't for you.

Old
08-02-2009, 09:50 PM
snakeye

Quote:
AFAIK, you can't use regular unlocked phones with bell and telus. Meaning you have to buy whatever phones they're offering you and for whatever price they say. This might be ok for you now, but down the line you'd probably regret it. I could go on and on, but in short, giving bell any of your money is generally a bad idea. Haven't heard the best of things regarding telus' customer service either.
I'm looking to buy a Nokia phone, and most Nokia phones are GSM I believe, so yeah I'm leaning more towards Rogers and Fido. Still, the cost of the plan is my priority.

I've heard and read bad things about Rogers customer service as well (and Fido since Rogers bought them). Apparently their staff are trained to be rude and argumentative. And Bell... well let's just say I'm not interested in speaking to someone 10,000 miles away about a problem I'm experiencing with my phone.

Old
08-02-2009, 09:54 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
I'm looking to buy a Nokia phone, and most Nokia phones are GSM I believe, so yeah I'm leaning more towards Rogers and Fido. Still, the cost of the plan is my priority.

I've heard and read bad things about Rogers customer service as well (and Fido since Rogers bought them). Apparently their staff are trained to be rude and argumentative. And Bell... well let's just say I'm not interested in speaking to someone 10,000 miles away about a problem I'm experiencing with my phone.
well i think the moral of the story is that most customer service kinda sucks. My advice would be to get a 1 year plan (cheapest you can get) with fido or rogers, then threaten to not come back after your one year is up and they'll set you up with a retention plan with great value.

Old
08-02-2009, 09:57 PM
snakeye

Quote:
well i think the moral of the story is that most customer service kinda sucks. My advice would be to get a 1 year plan (cheapest you can get) with fido or rogers, then threaten to not come back after your one year is up and they'll set you up with a retention plan with great value.
haha yeah I've actually been thinking of doing that.

Old
08-02-2009, 11:52 PM
Sined
The AndroidBugler!

Quote:

I've heard bad things about Rogers CS as well. With Bell I have an easy trick to avoid talking to someone in Asia, just make sure you're trying French CS.

As for the plan you could get (with a non-smart phone) for $35 the $20 mega value plan + $15 value pack which would give you:

* 200 + 100 Bonus Weekday Minutes
* Unlimited Evenings and Weekends from 6 PM
* Call Display with Name Display
* Enhanced Voicemail
* 1,000 Messaging Bundle (for Text, Email, IM, Picture/Video Messages)
* Unlimited Mobile Browsing Plan
* WhoCalled (Tells you who called when your phone is off or in a dead zone)
* Mobile Backup

This doesn't include the $7.95 System Access Fee and Emergency Access Fee.

Old
08-03-2009, 12:19 AM
jiboy
Patience

vCash: 50
Guys not sure I'm at the right place but you know everything so I'm sure you can help me out

I would like to know how come I am not able to look at hockey archives on NHL.com, during the season I could do it. Paid for Centre Ice like 25$/month.
But now there is no way to get it or maybe there's something im doing wrong?

thanks already

Old
08-03-2009, 12:36 AM
snakeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sined View Post
I've heard bad things about Rogers CS as well. With Bell I have an easy trick to avoid talking to someone in Asia, just make sure you're trying French CS.

As for the plan you could get (with a non-smart phone) for $35 the $20 mega value plan + $15 value pack which would give you:

* 200 + 100 Bonus Weekday Minutes
* Unlimited Evenings and Weekends from 6 PM
* Call Display with Name Display
* Enhanced Voicemail
* 1,000 Messaging Bundle (for Text, Email, IM, Picture/Video Messages)
* Unlimited Mobile Browsing Plan
* WhoCalled (Tells you who called when your phone is off or in a dead zone)
* Mobile Backup

This doesn't include the $7.95 System Access Fee and Emergency Access Fee.
Sign I couldn't find that plan on Rogers' pathetic web 1.0 site. Do you have a link?

Closed Thread