HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Notices

Minor Signings

Closed Thread

Old
07-16-2009, 08:40 PM
TheDaysOf 04
Rated [SFY]

vCash: 500
Minor Signings

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2009/jul...rts-lightning/
Quote:
The Tampa Bay Lightning have re-signed restricted free agent forwards Blair Jones and Lauri Tukonen to one-year contracts, the team announced on Thursday.
Quote:
Lightning general manager Brian Lawton said he has spoken to the agents for the team's other remaining restricted free agents – defensemen Matt Lashoff, Matt Smaby and Mike Lundin along with forward Martins Karsums.

The most pressing negotiation is with Smaby, who filed for arbitration and has a hearing date scheduled for July 28 in Toronto. Lawton said Thursday he intends to meet with Smaby's agent, Ben Hankinson who also represents Lundin, in Minnesota next week.

Old
07-16-2009, 08:51 PM
gobolt7

I am starting to think more and more that once they get a number for Smaby that is the least bit questionable, they could walk away from it simply because of the depth they have on defense. Either that or trade him between now and then. I really think it was not a good move for him to go to arbitration.

Old
07-16-2009, 09:29 PM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
I am starting to think more and more that once they get a number for Smaby that is the least bit questionable, they could walk away from it simply because of the depth they have on defense. Either that or trade him between now and then. I really think it was not a good move for him to go to arbitration.
He only wants a one way and I will put money on Smaby being here. I think one of the reasons for bringing Walker in was for Smaby.

Mihalik/Lundin/Lashoff, on the other hand....

Old
07-16-2009, 09:43 PM
STRANGE VICTORY

Yea I really can't see Smaby leaving, I really hope Lashoff stays around as well, but I can't see Smaby leaving.

Old
07-17-2009, 07:15 AM
w00t

Any chance Blair Jones sees NHL action this year?

Old
07-17-2009, 07:34 AM
bassassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by w00t View Post
I think there is, he can make the team out of camp this year, as he showed last year he is putting up points and added something else to his CV PPQB. Lawton has said he wanted to change the bottom 6, and Jones could fit in somewhere if he has a good training camp. If not then after trade deadline there is a possibility (depending on if we are sellers or not). But yeah I think he should see some time, just how much is up to him.

Old
07-17-2009, 09:29 AM
BRichards19

I really hope that we don't let Lashoff's relationship with us just fizzle out to an eventual trade. That kid's going to be a top-2 defenseman one day. We need to hang on to him.

Old
07-17-2009, 11:11 AM
Going Back to Cally
Sons of Pirates

vCash: 169
According to an article posted by a Finn on the main board Tukonen either plays in the NHL or in Finland. He isn't going to play in the AHL.

That makes alot more sense.

07-17-2009, 12:32 PM
Bolt32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
According to an article posted by a Finn on the main board Tukonen either plays in the NHL or in Finland. He isn't going to play in the AHL.

That makes alot more sense.
Hes already signed....thats a slight breach of contract, but what do I know? Then Hopefully for his case he really wows us in training camp and gets a slot on the bottom lines.....

Old
07-17-2009, 12:43 PM
Going Back to Cally
Sons of Pirates

vCash: 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolt32 View Post
Hes already signed....thats a slight breach of contract, but what do I know? Then Hopefully for his case he really wows us in training camp and gets a slot on the bottom lines.....
He probably has an out in his contract, just like KHLers can have outs in their contract if they get an NHL offer.

Old
07-17-2009, 01:22 PM
TheDaysOf 04
Rated [SFY]

Quote:
Originally Posted by w00t View Post
Yeah and possibly his last chance with us too. I don't think they would have resigned him unless they thought he had a shot at making the team, unlike Keller. I think if he doesn't make the team though camp, or get any significant call ups, (which he should get) he's pretty much done with us though.

Closed Thread