HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bench penalty reveals Renney-O'Reilly rift

Closed Thread

Old
03-31-2004, 07:30 AM
KING

vCash: 500
Bench penalty reveals Renney-O'Reilly rift

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ho...p-155733c.html

Old
03-31-2004, 07:37 AM
True Blue

Maybe Renney should be a little more ticked off at the constant "too-many men on the ice" penalties that the team has taken. THAT is a direct reflection on the coach. I would rather have a coach that would try to support his players after a questionable call as opposed to Renney. To me, Renney is a reflection of Jackass.

Old
03-31-2004, 08:08 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue
Maybe Renney should be a little more ticked off at the constant "too-many men on the ice" penalties that the team has taken. THAT is a direct reflection on the coach. I would rather have a coach that would try to support his players after a questionable call as opposed to Renney. To me, Renney is a reflection of Jackass.

At this point its six of one, half dozen of the other. What I don't understand is how, on the worst coached team in the league with the worst specialty teams, O'Reilly and Green have managed to keep their jobs. The team doesn't practice, they don't kill penalties and they don't score on the PP. So what exactly do Green and O'Reilly do to warrant earning a paycheck?

03-31-2004, 08:39 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway
At this point its six of one, half dozen of the other. What I don't understand is how, on the worst coached team in the league with the worst specialty teams, O'Reilly and Green have managed to keep their jobs. The team doesn't practice, they don't kill penalties and they don't score on the PP. So what exactly do Green and O'Reilly do to warrant earning a paycheck?
Not sure about O'Reilly, but Green makes his $$$ by wearing the earpiece and relaying Sather's messages. He also serves as Sather's eyes and ears in the dressing room.

Old
03-31-2004, 08:54 AM
Melrose_Jr.

Think about how many DECADES Green has been Sather's lackey. Like Messier, Ted's going to have to remove himself from the organization.

I don't know what to think about O'Reilly. The guy's proven himself behind the bench before, albeit in a different era of NHL hockey. I'm curious to know how things might go if he was calling the shots.

Old
03-31-2004, 09:32 AM
JR#9*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr.
Think about how many DECADES Green has been Sather's lackey. Like Messier, Ted's going to have to remove himself from the organization.

I don't know what to think about O'Reilly. The guy's proven himself behind the bench before, albeit in a different era of NHL hockey. I'm curious to know how things might go if he was calling the shots.
O'rielly is the man to me only because when the NYR's were in FLA two weeks ago I has scored 1st row behind the glass on the NYR bench through a buisness hookup down there and I had my soon to be 3 yr old son with me and my wife and Terry was banging on the glass and making faces goofing around with my little guy and even tossed a stick of gum over the glass for the kid.

Jim Ramsey also was very cool playing around with the kid throughout the game.

Cool experience.

Old
03-31-2004, 10:43 AM
sickboy35

honestly, at this point, i still say that any sather lead team will not do good! the coaching staff is a reflection of him! he will not hire the right coach again, and we'll suffer through another season like this because lil' jimmy just dosn't get it!! the game has past this dinosour by! plain and simple. case and point, messier! for all that he has done for this team, all the good has now come full circle. going from the pinacle of the sporting world to the joke of the league! he should be told there is no spot for him next year, but once again sather is showing his loyalty to a player and not the orginazation! this summer when the draft and free agency comes up, and sather dosn't do a good job, then what does the team do? this should've been nipped in the bud with sathers dismissal. he needed to go and the window of opportunity has passed because sather got out from behind the bench and probably bought himself a good two to three years without having to get fired. all he'll say is that he didn't get the right coach! i'm tired of him! he has done nothing to deserve this job, i want this team to finally cut the cord with edmonton and move in to a new! i know i'm rambling but i'm just tired of the way this orginazation has been run! i'm beaten down! i'm tired of baseball starting in april, i want to have the rangers playing meaningful games in the spring!! once again i'll say "eff you sather!" have a nice day!!

also with regard to messier, i love the man and give him the full respect he deserves. at the same time its time to cut the cord. if we can trade leetch, we can live without messier! if he still wants to play, i'd enjoy watching him play with leetch and leafs! at least they will be fighting for something and he can go out a winner, not like the last seven years!!

Last edited by sickboy35: 03-31-2004 at 10:51 AM.
Closed Thread