HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > General Fantasy Talk
General Fantasy Talk Forum for fantasy leagues, mock and all time drafts, and hockey video games.

Anyone on Trophy Hockey?

Old
07-17-2009, 10:41 AM
BoldNewLettuce
Esquire

vCash: 157
Anyone on Trophy Hockey?

What do you all think of it?
Its fairly involved...time consuming....

http://trophyhockey.org/manager_creation.php?ref=7720

BoldNewLettuce is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2009, 03:52 PM
IrishSniper87

vCash: 500
I'm in on it.

It's a lot of fun actually, kind of like fantasy hockey but without "real" players. You create a manager (you), take over a team, scout guys, set-up tactics and coaches and try to win your 32 team league. There are a ton of openings, as new leagues keep getting created as people join.

You can rename your team, move it to a different city and basically control almost every aspect of it.

I highly recommend it. You draft players, train them, trade them to different owners (even trade them internationally) put them on your roster and they age. Each season takes 3 months, so there are 4 seasons a year. A game or training update occurs once a day. Players can get injured, gain experience and it keep running tallies of points, wins, and stats.

It is in it's final beta season, but coming soon are finances, free agency, and an improved sim engine. I'm pretty excited.

If anyone is interested, please sign up using this referral link and then recruit some of your friends.

On the Flyers board, we have an entire thread devoted to it, and each try to top each others stats and win totals. It's perfect for fantasy *insert sport here* nuts.

Just use my link to let me earn some extra points for the referral, thanks!!

http://trophyhockey.org/manager_creation.php?ref=8945

IrishSniper87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2009, 08:29 AM
IrishSniper87

I noticed one person signed up, if anyone is interested or has any questions, feel free to ask. It's like fantasy hockey, but year round.

PM me or post here. Thanks guys.

Old
08-19-2009, 06:33 PM
Holy Jokinen

Interesting, i've been dying to find something to replace the outdated EHM.

Something i don't like about some online hockey sims (like powerplay manager) is how you kinda have to arrange for games everyday. Other sport sims (like hattrick, a soccer sim) requires less of the manager for those busy people. Basically you play one game a week and one friendly a week. And you can set your lineups pretty far ahead in advance. This way you don't HAVE to log in everyday to have a successful team.

How does this Trophy Hockey work in terms of games and how much it demands of the user?

Note: I like to spend a lot of time on these things, but everyone gets busy some weeks, and it'd be nice to know you can have a busy week or two and not be punished for it.

Thanks for the info!

Holy Jokinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2009, 01:56 PM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Jokinen View Post
Interesting, i've been dying to find something to replace the outdated EHM.

Something i don't like about some online hockey sims (like powerplay manager) is how you kinda have to arrange for games everyday. Other sport sims (like hattrick, a soccer sim) requires less of the manager for those busy people. Basically you play one game a week and one friendly a week. And you can set your lineups pretty far ahead in advance. This way you don't HAVE to log in everyday to have a successful team.

How does this Trophy Hockey work in terms of games and how much it demands of the user?

Note: I like to spend a lot of time on these things, but everyone gets busy some weeks, and it'd be nice to know you can have a busy week or two and not be punished for it.

Thanks for the info!
It is overwhelming at first how in-depth it is, however a log in everyday in not required.

You sign up and take over a team that is already created. You will need to do a bit of work setting the lineup and "tactics" at first, but once that is set-up, little to minimal interaction is required.

The schedule is every Tuesday and Saturday is a "training update". All you need to do is set-up you coaches and put your 26 year old or younger players in a slot with a coach and select what parts of his game you want to "train". This is a set and forget feature. Again, a pain to set-up, but you can literally forget about it.

Drafting requires intense scouting, but set your scouts to scout a group of players over an individual and they will continue to scout that group. Set and forget kind of thing, however, I'd check up on this to make sure your getting what you want. If you set the scout to an individual prospect, you will need to re-send them everyday instead of then automatically continuing.

Scouts report back on a daily basis (6pm Eastern US).

Matches are every Sun, Mon, Wed, Thur and Fri with an occasional off day. Matches run automatically, and the lineup card, if left untouched, will just stay the same. Only injuries or goalie changes would require much lineup attention. Goalies get "fatigued" if they play too many consecutive games, so you need to put your backup in every 4 or 5 games or so.

All in all, you can have it set so you check it every few days, or you can get more in-depth and check it everyday. Setting up tactics, training, and scouting can be daunting at first, but it's easy to pickup and can be set-it-and-forget-it experiences if desired.

Trades can be made. Free agency and salary cap will be implemented shortly. The computer takes care of most of the work, you just make a few GM and Coach decisions really. It plays itself.

It's a lot of fun actually. Like I said, we have a thread on the Flyers board where a bunch of us keep track and all try to top each other.

Old
09-08-2009, 11:33 AM
Jaydepps

Send a message via AIM to Jaydepps
Very good game overall. Only downfall is the lack of managers.

Jaydepps is offline   Reply With Quote