HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Official Maple Leafs Trade Proposal Thread.

Old
07-20-2009, 10:48 AM
sgupca

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeker17 View Post
What do you guys think it would take to get Clutterbuck?
Good attitude, team player, led the league in hits...loves to block shots and fight for his teammates....

i'd say he'd cost us a pretty penny

sgupca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2009, 10:55 AM
mooseOAK*

Quote:
I don't think that Burke likes those yappy punks, Hollweg was waived as soon as he showed up.

mooseOAK* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2009, 11:02 AM
dubplatepressure

One thing I think is certain - we gotta trade a D or two at least. Maybe:

Stajan, Frogren, 3rd.

for

Sharp.

Over/under?

dubplatepressure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2009, 11:19 AM
maxdanno115

Quote:
Kaberle,3rd 2010

For

Clutterbuck,Harding

maxdanno115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2009, 11:31 AM
Schenn
In Rod We Trust

vCash: 816
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hntrmn View Post
The latest rumour with the Leafs is with Sharp... But San Jose is also Interested in a trade:

How about a three way??? Why not???

To Chicago: Alexei Ponikarovsky, Ian White, Future 2nd from Toronto
To San Jose: Matt Stajan, Patrick Sharp, Lee Stempniak, Jordan Hendry
To Toronto: Patrick Marleau, Jonathon Cheechoo, Dustin Byfuglien

Toronto Loses:
Ponikarovsky
White
Stajan
Stempniak
Future 2nd
=7.205 Mil in Salary

Toronto Gains:
Marleau
Cheechoo
Byfuglien
=12.3 mil

Total Salary Difference:5.095 Mil in Salary Taken on.

San Jose Loses:
Patrick Marleau
Jonathon Cheechoo
= 9.3 Mil in Salary

San Jose Gains:
Matt Stajan
Patrick Sharp
Lee Stempniak
Jordan Hendry
=8.775

San Jose still loses .525 Mil in Salary

Chicago Gains:
Ponikarovsky
Ian White
Future 2nd
=2.905 Mil in Salary

Chicago Loses:
Patrick Sharp
Dustin Byfuglien
Jordan Hendry
= 7.525 Mil in Salary

Chicago Loses 4.62 Mil in Salary

Thoughts?
please no

Schenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2009, 11:32 AM
dubplatepressure

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxdanno115 View Post
Kaberle,3rd 2010

For

Clutterbuck,Harding

That's disgusting.

Old
07-20-2009, 11:33 AM
Schenn
In Rod We Trust

vCash: 816
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxdanno115 View Post
Kaberle,3rd 2010

For

Clutterbuck,Harding
I like that, but we got Gusty, no need for harding, maybe Gillies and a 4th rounder instead? But i dont think Minny would trade Clutterbuck,

Schenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2009, 11:40 AM
scdn

How about

Ian White

For

Mason Raymond
3rd Rd Pick

or

Mike Van Ryn
Matt Stajan

for

Brian Rolston
One of Henrique, Halischuk, or Cormier

scdn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2009, 11:41 AM
dubplatepressure

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenn29 View Post
I like that, but we got Gusty, no need for harding, maybe Gillies and a 4th rounder instead? But i dont think Minny would trade Clutterbuck,

The only way I would have done this is if we didn't land Gusty.

And take Toronto's 3rd outta there.

Old
07-20-2009, 11:45 AM
bobermay

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenn29 View Post
please no
How come? Toronto gets a First line centerman, a 2nd and 3rd line winger, and dumps some of our players off...

I like it :p

bobermay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2009, 11:55 AM
bang bang

Ian White for Patrick Sharp straight up. Might seem unfair from the Hawks standpoint but it clears some cap room for the Hawks and still get a young top 4 D.

bang bang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2009, 12:06 PM
dubplatepressure

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1st Overall in 2010 View Post
Ian White for Patrick Sharp straight up. Might seem unfair from the Hawks standpoint but it clears some cap room for the Hawks and still get a young top 4 D.

And then we can trade Frogren for Marleau!

Old
07-20-2009, 01:03 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shef View Post
Would you deal Calgarys first straight up for Stajan?
I'd consider it. Stajan is UFA after this season, but on the other hand, Calgary looks pretty darn good, on paper.
Quote:
Thats a bit much IMO.
Maybe Calagaryy's first, and Pheonixes 3rd for Ian White and Matt Stajan.

So Maybe Calgary's 24th Overall Pick (Just a guess), and Pheonix's 70th Overall Pick (Just a guess) for Stajan and White.???
We can't take White. We already have eight defensemen on one-way contracts. Phoenix can't afford to pay NHL salaries to guys in the AHL. Not with our financial situation. Plus, we don't have a third rounder, next season.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULF_55 View Post
The two players that would interest the Leafs, future centers with top 6 potential.
Phoenix won't be moving either.
Quote:
If you want a top pairing defender...
I don't.
Quote:
Kaberle, Stajan

for

Mueller, Summers, 1st.
I wouldn't trade Mueller by himself for that. Also, it's a terrible fit for Phoenix. I came in here asking about Stajan. I have ZERO interest in Kaberle.
Quote:
Hanzal, 2nd.

for

Ponikarovsky, Stajan
Even if you took out our second and added your own, I wouldn't even think about it.

rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2009, 01:08 PM
bobermay

OKay... then take a prospect like a Rau, Winnet or Frattin with Stajan for the first.

Old
07-20-2009, 01:16 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
OKay... then take a prospect like a Rau, Winnet or Frattin with Stajan for the first.
How about that third we're missing?

Really what I was curious about is whether or not there's any kind of good chance that Stajan will be moved before the season, or if everyone is convinced that it'll be the deadline, if at all. Beyond that, I was really just wondering if he could be had for picks and prospects or if Burke would definitely be looking for an NHL replacement. I know it's impossible for you guys to answer with any kind of certainty, but some educated speculation was really my only aim, here.

Old
07-20-2009, 01:19 PM
LTL

Exelby (1.392mil per for one season)
for
Brouwer (1mil per for next two seasons)

Hawks fill their need. Leafs add size and potential up front.

LTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2009, 01:21 PM
HocusPocus

At the moment, I would speculate that Stajan is unlikely to be moved before the season for non-roster return. Our pool of potential NHL-ready centres for October is small as most of the players people would expect to centre our top 2 lines besides Stajan and Grabovski probably won't be ready. We'd be leaving a pretty sizeable hole in our roster to open the season if we traded Stajan for a 2010 pick.

If by some chance we swap defence for a top 6 centre to fill that hole, this probably changes and Burke I think becomes very happy with getting a first round pick for a pending UFA.

HocusPocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2009, 01:21 PM
LTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post

Really what I was curious about is whether or not there's any kind of good chance that Stajan will be moved before the season, or if everyone is convinced that it'll be the deadline, if at all. Beyond that, I was really just wondering if he could be had for picks and prospects or if Burke would definitely be looking for an NHL replacement. I know it's impossible for you guys to answer with any kind of certainty, but some educated speculation was really my only aim, here.
If Bozak beats him out for #2 then after training camp. If not at the deadline with Bozak being recalled.

LTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2009, 01:25 PM
bobermay

Quote:

It could really be either way. Stajan could be gone at the TDL, before the Season, or might not leave at all. I have a feeling that BUrke will be shopping for a number one centerman somehow....Maybe a Marleau or someone else with a large contract.

If Not, He'll likely let Stajan and Grabovski battle out the 2nd line position (Both getting 1st and 2nd line roles)... and whoever loses will get traded at the TDL. But it all really depends on where we are in the Standings at that time.

Many/Most leaf fans feel that Stajan won't be a leaf come October.

I'm pretty sure that Burke would like a couple more Picks for the '10 draft since we're already missing our 2nd and another one I beleive. But would take Prospects as well... most likely NA prospects He won't get an NHL replacment for Stajan straight up IMO, but mgiht package him with an Ian white or someone like that to get an even better forward in Return.

Old
07-20-2009, 01:31 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Thanks, guys. Exactly the type of replies I was looking for.

Old
07-20-2009, 01:33 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by HocusPocus View Post
At the moment, I would speculate that Stajan is unlikely to be moved before the season for non-roster return. Our pool of potential NHL-ready centres for October is small as most of the players people would expect to centre our top 2 lines besides Stajan and Grabovski probably won't be ready. We'd be leaving a pretty sizeable hole in our roster to open the season if we traded Stajan for a 2010 pick.

If by some chance we swap defence for a top 6 centre to fill that hole, this probably changes and Burke I think becomes very happy with getting a first round pick for a pending UFA.
This is exactly what I was thinking, which is what brought me here. It seems, though, like there are other Leafs fans that aren't all that worried about it. Perhaps there's a widespread expectation that another top six centerman is on the way?

Old
07-20-2009, 01:36 PM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

Quote:

You said the Coyotes were looking to get into the playoffs.

You can have Stajan for a 1st. sure, why not.

Don't see how that moves the Coyotes from a lottery team to the playoffs though.

Desjardins estimates that about 40% of the game is captured by Corsi analysis.

Babs - short for Barbara
ULF_55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2009, 01:42 PM
bobermay

Quote:
This is exactly what I was thinking, which is what brought me here. It seems, though, like there are other Leafs fans that aren't all that worried about it. Perhaps there's a widespread expectation that another top six centerman is on the way?
No... Its just that there are a lot of Leaf fans that like to hate on 55 point 2nd liners... In other words, there are a lot of Leaf fans that arn't big fans in Stajan.

But those people know nothin...

Stajan is really the kind of player that does everything well, but not great. This why I don't think he himself can get us a 1st roudn pick and we're more likely to get a high 2nd for him.

He is however no slouch in the defensive side of the rink, and plays all zones well.... He has the ability to develop into a solid 2nd line centerman IMO, but on a cup contending team he be nothing less than a very solid 3rd line centerman or could be a good 2nd line centerman (If the team has good depth)....

Old
07-20-2009, 02:01 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by ULF_55 View Post
You said the Coyotes were looking to get into the playoffs.

You can have Stajan for a 1st. sure, why not.

Don't see how that moves the Coyotes from a lottery team to the playoffs though.
Look at our record post-deadline. Prime example of addition by subtraction. If Gretzky is out as coach, that's another huge step closer. Stajan is just a guy that's cheap, decent defensively, will typically win as many draws as he loses, and has the ability to get Peter Mueller the puck. I'd like to stick Stajan on a line with Doan and Mueller. Basically as Mueller's own personal assistant. Doan can do what Doan does, all by himself, and always has. Mueller, at this point in his young career, is basically a liability defensively, and doesn't really create his own offense. I look at Stajan's fourty assists and think, now here's a guy who might be able to get Mueller the puck when and where he needs it. Pete has an amazing ability to sneak into the perfect scoring position, and his shot is basically at an elite level. He just needs someone who has the ability to sense when and where to get him the puck, and that has the ability to get it there. If the new guy can also make up for Pete's defensive short-comings and win a couple of draws, that's icing on the cake. Stajan isn't really meant to be the catalyst that takes us to the promised land. Just a nice complimentary player to the guys we already have.

Old
07-20-2009, 02:22 PM
HocusPocus

Quote:
I think some look at the excess of D we have and assume that Burke would not have signed so many free agent defencemen if he did not plan to move one of our existing ones for a centre. Many Leaf fans also seem to (in my mind) underestimate Stajan, and suggest that Bozak could beat him out for the #2 centre spot if we start the season with the same forward roster we have now. I doubt Burke will take that chance by trading Matt.

HocusPocus is offline   Reply With Quote