Notices

Gameday: Avalanche @ Wild - 2004-03-31

Closed Thread

Old
04-01-2004, 09:16 AM
Surly Furious

vCash: 528
Quote from Lemaire after last night's game about Daigle:

"Do you think we need [his goals] next season?" Lemaire asked. "You have the answer."

I can't think why they wouldn't bring him back - remember, this isn't the Twins we're talking about.

Old
04-01-2004, 11:39 AM
DuckyCanuck

vCash: 500
I just want to say thank you to the Wild who played a great game to beat the lowly Avs.

Old
04-01-2004, 12:23 PM
theo6060

What? Where are the 2-2 ties???

Old
04-01-2004, 05:59 PM
Foppa_Rules

Please tell Greedorik to leave Forsberg alone. He cost Minnesota a point with that act of cowardice.

Old
04-01-2004, 06:17 PM
GaborikRules10!!!

Great game last night. Its nice to see this team play the hockey that they are capable of, but too bad the season is ending on suday. Wow, what a player Daigle is becoming. 50 pts is quite incredible and I think I read that he is 27pts in his 26 games. very impressive, what kind of numbers can you see him with next year??? around 60-65???

Old
04-01-2004, 07:37 PM
Gaborik10

Act of cowardice?! Forsberg deserved it. I don't wish injury on anyone, but just the fact that Gaborik intended to hit Forsberg in the face is good enough for me. I've just seen too many guys dance away from him because they are afraid of what will happen to them if they actually hit him. It's sick! I call it, "Forsberg's Special Bubble Of Protection And Security". It's true! True, Gaborik fell for the trap and cost us a point, but at this point in th season with no playoff hopes left, I'll take anything positive there is. I'm glad to see Gabby standing up for himself. Tom Reid even said it, he can't just sit there and take it all the time, he has to stand up for himself too.

Old
04-01-2004, 08:47 PM
Foppa_Rules

Well, maybe he should consider gaining a little weight and some more muscle then. And I don't call getting internal bleeding having a "Special Bubble of Protection and Security". Or all the concussions he has had, shoulder injuries, ect. The little space he rarely has is created out of respect and fear. If you go after Forsberg and get too close, you leave one of his teammates open. Bang-bang the puck is in your net.

Old
04-01-2004, 08:54 PM
Wild Thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaborik10
I'm glad to see Gabby standing up for himself.
Heck, I'm just glad to see someone throw an elbow into the middle of that cheapshot little prck's whining face. Nothing I like better than seeing Forsberg go down like a ton of bricks and knowing that it was because he actually got hit, not just because someone skated within ten feet of him without asking for permission.

Old
04-01-2004, 08:59 PM
Foppa_Rules

Oh, come on, who cares if he embellishes a little from time to time? At least he doesn't hold out for money.

Old
04-01-2004, 10:22 PM
Wild Thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa_Rules
Oh, come on, who cares if he embellishes a little from time to time? At least he doesn't hold out for money.
Good point. I can't argue that one.

Actually, I have the utmost respect for Forsberg's talent and competitiveness. The one point where I part company with him is the diving. I can't stand that - it's very poor sportsmanship, and I think it tarnishes his image. If he'd drop that from his repertoire, he'd probably be my favorite player in the game.

Aside from that, the man's one of the best players I've seen in a decade. I'd love to have him on the Wild - Jacques would straighten out his penchant for drama!

Old
04-02-2004, 03:04 PM
DW

His penchent for flopping around is the single most reason people can't stand the guy. His hockey skills are too good to be doing some of the stuff he does.

Old
04-02-2004, 05:33 PM
Foppa_Rules

But if you look at the percentage of times he goes down easy and times he just can't be knocked down, or is dragged down beyond his ability to stay up, the "diving" really isn't that often. Look at Paul Kariya and Maltby. Personally I think Forsberg plays his best when he's mad, not frustrated, but mad, because he just will not be knocked down and he will not give up the puck. That's the "Peter the Great" Forsberg we see. That's when he dominates games.

Closed Thread