HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Want to improve my snapper to advanced level...

Old
07-27-2009, 08:53 PM
BadHammy*
MSL For Hart!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by liveforthegame View Post
Hey guys, I get good flex in my slapper though I would like more, but how can i get good flex in my snapper and wrister? That Kovalev video was pretty good.
I'm working on releasing my snapper in stride, which is great but won't let you flex as much. The best thing is to take your time and do a nice, slow full load but that is often impractical for wrist and snappers in game.

BadHammy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2009, 01:40 AM
BadHammy*
MSL For Hart!

I've figured out a big tip in the snap shot, really EXPLODE through the motion. That really helps a lot, although it tires me a lot faster.

Old
07-29-2009, 02:15 AM
Placebo Effect

I'm thinking about building a shooting area in my backyard like the one Matt Duchene has. Anyone know of a good surface to shoot off of? I know they sell this practice ice (http://www.thehockeyshop.com/Merchan...e=E_TrainEquip) stuff but is it good?

Placebo Effect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2009, 07:10 PM
BadHammy*
MSL For Hart!

Just wanted to give you guys an update, my snapper has gotten pretty good. I can take a nice one when gliding in the offensive zone. Lots of practice was the key. I actually practiced the motion a LOT without the puck, just while wearing sneakers in my living room and it has helped a bundle!

Old
09-09-2009, 08:10 PM
AIREAYE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick The Rypper View Post
I'm thinking about building a shooting area in my backyard like the one Matt Duchene has. Anyone know of a good surface to shoot off of? I know they sell this practice ice (http://www.thehockeyshop.com/Merchan...e=E_TrainEquip) stuff but is it good?
You might want to save your money and do what I did:

Find a nice large and sturdy piece of cardboard (preferably the glossy kind) or 2. I used an old TV box and cut out the two largest panels, taped them back-to-back with duct tape and there you go, strong, wont bend, light and cheap. This is safe with tape obviously.

AIREAYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2009, 08:16 PM
Semin

Quote:
Originally Posted by donGjohnson View Post
Just wanted to give you guys an update, my snapper has gotten pretty good. I can take a nice one when gliding in the offensive zone. Lots of practice was the key. I actually practiced the motion a LOT without the puck, just while wearing sneakers in my living room and it has helped a bundle!
That's good to hear, snappers are pretty useful in games.

Semin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2009, 08:46 PM
BadHammy*
MSL For Hart!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK7117 View Post
That's good to hear, snappers are pretty useful in games.
Thanks. I've gotten compliments on it lately. It's become my favorite shot and is now pretty respectable in terms of accuracy and velocity. However, I have found ways to vary my release so the deception is "confusing" according to one goalie friend of mine