HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Korepedo Exchange nets Rangers a Russian Gretzky. Enver Lisin For Dummies Video

Old
07-19-2009, 10:49 PM
The Mouth

vCash: 500
Korepedo Exchange nets Rangers a Russian Gretzky. Enver Lisin For Dummies Video

The Video says it all

Ranger Crisis.com

The Mouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2009, 10:58 PM
AXN

He will be accused of dancing with the puck here. Branded as Kovalev #3. The only reason Tortorella will like him is because he can play him on the third line with no problem and he doesn't make much. What makes him different from Zherdev?

AXN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2009, 11:11 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

The Mouth is always interesting to watch. There should be a half hour show for The Mouth on the MSG.

Beacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2009, 11:17 PM
FutureGM97

Send a message via AIM to FutureGM97
Quote:
Originally Posted by AXN View Post
He will be accused of dancing with the puck here. Branded as Kovalev #3. The only reason Tortorella will like him is because he can play him on the third line with no problem and he doesn't make much. What makes him different from Zherdev?
Lisin uses his offensive skills much better. He uses the speed he has effectively and even though he may not score on every play, his speed opens up options for his line mates which is just as important as scoring goals. He just seems to use his assets more than Zherdev did.

FutureGM97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2009, 11:17 PM
NYRamonte10

When it comes to players on a team not playing any defense, that doesn't worry me so much. Zherdev and Lisin can do that all they want. Torts will bench this guy without hesitation if one of his offensive endeavors results in a giveaway and the other guys come back down our way though. We can't afford that at all.

NYRamonte10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2009, 11:27 PM
silverfish
Mr. Glass

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureGM97 View Post
Lisin uses his offensive skills much better. He uses the speed he has effectively and even though he may not score on every play, his speed opens up options for his line mates which is just as important as scoring goals. He just seems to use his assets more than Zherdev did.
What do you have that backs this up?

Lisin has come nowhere close to putting up the points that Zherdev has. Yeah maybe he uses his "assets" better, but if that's the case then his assets absolutely suck compared to Zherdev's.

silverfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2009, 11:34 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
What do you have that backs this up?

Lisin has come nowhere close to putting up the points that Zherdev has. Yeah maybe he uses his "assets" better, but if that's the case then his assets absolutely suck compared to Zherdev's.
The kid hasn't even played 1 full season yet for crying out loud.

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2009, 11:34 PM
rmcg11

i just want to thank the mouth for posting all these videos it really does give the fans a chance to check out these new faces skill sets

rmcg11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2009, 11:37 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:
He's not as good as Zherdev, but I definitely prefer him to Korps. Lisin has a chance to be a 30 goal scorer or nothing. Korps will be nothing more than your average third liner his whole career. He's Sundstrom #2.

Beacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2009, 11:38 PM
CanadianDevil*

wanted to watch ur vid mouth but i could only do that with mute. the kid looks sick though, develop him SLOWLY.

CanadianDevil* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2009, 11:39 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Not going to claim to know anything about Lisin since I don't watch Phoenix play regularly but on the day of the trade there were a few Yotes fans giving their synopsis of his play and one seemingly knowledgable and impartial Yotes fan says Lisin does not utilize his linemates at all....

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2009, 11:46 PM
FutureGM97

Send a message via AIM to FutureGM97
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
Not going to claim to know anything about Lisin since I don't watch Phoenix play regularly but on the day of the trade there were a few Yotes fans giving their synopsis of his play and one seemingly knowledgable and impartial Yotes fan says Lisin does not utilize his linemates at all....
One reason he didn't was because he was stuck on lines with players like Fedoruk who really don't have alot of skill. Lisin is a skill player who needs to play with guys who are also skilled. Not necessarily as skilled as he is but good enough so they can be in the right places when he is opening things up for them. Yes he needs to be more effective with his linemates but his ability to get them chances will open up new doors for him.

He is still a young player learning but he seems like a much more direct player in that he goes for the net more than Zherdev who tries to dance around people and make it fancy. Lisin is go to the net and shoot the puck.

FutureGM97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2009, 12:03 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

to call Lisin a Russian Gretzky is to not know him whatsoever...imho hes a Russian Jozef Balej....who...wasnt he Russian too?

Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2009, 12:06 AM
TylerDurden

Russian Gretzky...really? More like Russian 10 goal scorer.

TylerDurden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2009, 12:18 AM
John Torturella

You guys have to watch the video. The Mouth says he is a Russian Keith Gretzky, not Wayne. lol

John Torturella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2009, 12:24 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korpicowski View Post
You guys have to watch the video. The Mouth says he is a Russian Keith Gretzky, not Wayne. lol
yeah, i just saw it.

im sorry, i just cant get excited about this kid. imho its FAR more likely that Korpedo plays 10 years in the NHL than this kid...thats just my opinion...

Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2009, 12:52 AM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

He is a developing player. He had a lot of trouble acclimating to North America and his defensive foundation is ...well, lets just say lacking. One of his trademarks is that he will win a lot of battles for the puck in the offensive end. His offensive game is much more than highlight reel goals. Keep in mind he played on lines with plumbers most of last season. I love his potential and I hope and pray he will be coachable. He could be something special. As much as I like Korpikoski (and I'll probably be watching him here for the next 10 years) I don't think he will ever be "special".

bobbop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2009, 01:12 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Gretzky could probably out score this kid TODAY.... but they see something they like in him that Korps didnt have so let give him a clean slate...

07-20-2009, 01:22 AM
TylerDurden

"korpedo" is still a bum, not to mention he has a nickname 6 year olds can think of.

TylerDurden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2009, 01:50 AM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chariot View Post
Gretzky could probably out score this kid TODAY.... but they see something they like in him that Korps didnt have so let give him a clean slate...
Isn't Keith Gretzky like 45 now?

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2009, 06:08 AM
XDAWG*

Lisin = JozeF Balej - this is a horrible trade by Sather - Korpedo was big and strong the puck and versatile - I don't get this move.

XDAWG* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2009, 06:26 AM
darko

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post

Those same Yotes fans were saying that he was screwed around by Gretzky by being stuck with crappy linemates (some 4th line duties etc.). There isn't much to utilise there. Seen little bits and pieces of him so I'll just wait until I see him in Rangers uniform before forming an opinion.

darko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2009, 07:37 AM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
to call Lisin a Russian Gretzky is to not know him whatsoever...imho hes a Russian Jozef Balej....who...wasnt he Russian too?
Balej is Slovakian

Levitate is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2009, 08:00 AM
Synergy27

For those of you harping on the whole Gretzky thing, please understand that The Mouth was clearly being facetious and was more making a comparison to AK27 than to any member of the Gretzky clan. That was how Alex was billed when he first came to NY, and he clearly failed to live up to the predictions. If anything, this is an indictment on Lisin...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynHockey99 View Post
The Mouth is always interesting to watch. There should be a half hour show for The Mouth on the MSG.
I sort of agree. It seems pretty clear to me that this is exactly what The Mouth is trying to accomplish - the next Bobby Granger perhaps? Accent/voice is really annoying though.

Synergy27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2009, 08:09 AM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRamonte10 View Post
When it comes to players on a team not playing any defense, that doesn't worry me so much. Zherdev and Lisin can do that all they want. Torts will bench this guy without hesitation if one of his offensive endeavors results in a giveaway and the other guys come back down our way though. We can't afford that at all.
When you consider who's been let go and traded, I think it's fair to say that Tortorella is consciously exchanging defensive responsibility for offensive potential. There's no question the Rangers are going to give up a LOT more goals than last year.

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote