HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Zherdev thinks he will win arbitration case

Closed Thread

Old
07-18-2009, 11:05 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

vCash: 500
At least he believes in himself...thats a start to more consistency. Hes got sick skills. But he will be a bench warmer for Torts if he doesnt show the full effort everynight.

I dunno....I'm on the fence. Maybe that $$$ could be more wisely spent

Old
07-18-2009, 11:11 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Henrik 30 View Post

Get it done, Slats!
I traded Z, a 4th and Potter for Babchuk and a 1st.

He has 13 goals in 61 GP.

Old
07-18-2009, 11:14 PM
gravytrain6t

Quote:
Originally Posted by D713B View Post
And you know his demands because he or his agent have specified them or because Larry Brooks was trying to sell papers one day?
I guess Larry Brooks guessed and like you said. He was trying to sell papers one day.

I don't want a guy who's talking about how many points he had last year and the year before that. Here. Here are my stats. I want this. Like 3.25 is not good enough for this guy.

http://newyorkblips.dailyradar.com/s...ev_wants_4_5m/

Old
07-18-2009, 11:24 PM
gravytrain6t

"No, life in America doesnít suit me. The difference in mentality is too great between us. I dreamed of getting to the NHL for many years. My dream came true. But now, as soon as the season finishes, Iím immediately drawn to Kiev. All my family is there. The NHL is just a job."

I'm not sure if this is a "Tortorella type" player.

Old
07-18-2009, 11:39 PM
94now

Rangers have a little chance to win. Zherdev is in driving seat because:

1) although he did not play well in playoffs, Rangers would never make a palyoffs without him.
2) playoffs are just a small fraction of the season.
3) there is nothing else Rangers have as an argument. Columbus made a palyoff because of goaltender, and were swept because of Mason. Zherdev had absolutely nothing to do with anything there.

The guy is just honest. Give him a break. He is irreplaceable at 3.8 million. If kept he will be our best forward, Higgins second best. Gaborik third best. I like Dubi and Caly, but they are in different league...

Last edited by 94now: 07-18-2009 at 11:47 PM.
Old
07-18-2009, 11:45 PM
blue2noise

Oh man. What a pooosy

When I read carp like this, I get so mad at what Sather did to Avery last year. That guy wanted to stay in the worst way

Old
07-18-2009, 11:46 PM
blue2noise

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post

1) although he did not play well in playoffs, Rangers would never make a palyoffs without him.
3) there is nothing else Rangers have as an argument. Columbus made a palyoff because of goaltender, and were swept because of Mason. Zherdev had absolutely nothing to do with anything there.

The guy is just honest. Give him a break. He is irreplaceable at 3.8 million. If kept he will be our best forward, Higgins second best. Gaborik third best.
3.8 million player
0.0 heart

Old
07-18-2009, 11:46 PM
ThirdEye

Like I mentioned in the other thread, I would try to sign Tanguay. I know he's not a RW'er, but he's a much better overall player and is not too old.

Old
07-18-2009, 11:48 PM
FOXHOUND*

Quote:

The guy is just honest. Give him a break. He is irreplaceable at 3.8 million. If kept he will be our best forward, Higgins second best. Gaborik third best. I like Dubi and Caly, but they are in different league...
drugs, which are you on and how many?

Old
07-18-2009, 11:49 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:

The guy is just honest. Give him a break. He is irreplaceable at 3.8 million.
I disagree big time with you. Especially #2. When the Rangers were trying for the post-season Zherdev folded like a chair. Other players stepped up big tine, ie Callahan, Drury, Dubinsky, Antropov. The playoffs aren't just a small part of the season it's the reason for the season. Zherdev was great 1st half and became terrible once the team was going downhill and was downright awful come crunch time. He is a reason we didn't beat Washington. Sather has ALOT of leverage here. He got heated with a player he adores, now this is one who is on the teams bad side....yikes this could get bloody.

Old
07-18-2009, 11:51 PM
Dredden
JT Miller

3.75 is the most i would give.
We know the skill is there but he has no heart, and is invisible when not producing.

Z is not someone you need on your team. Just my opinion, i would rather get someone who hustles and plays with heart.

Old
07-18-2009, 11:53 PM
94now

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
Like I mentioned in the other thread, I would try to sign Tanguay. I know he's not a RW'er, but he's a much better overall player and is not too old.
He is washed up. 10 years too late. We've got Gallahan now.

Old
07-18-2009, 11:57 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
what are you talking about?! He scored 81 points just two years ago.

Old
07-19-2009, 12:01 AM
94now

Quote:
Originally Posted by GongShowHockeyNYR View Post
I disagree big time with you. Especially #2. When the Rangers were trying for the post-season Zherdev folded like a chair. Other players stepped up big tine, ie Callahan, Drury, Dubinsky, Antropov. The playoffs aren't just a small part of the season it's the reason for the season. Zherdev was great 1st half and became terrible once the team was going downhill and was downright awful come crunch time. He is a reason we didn't beat Washington. Sather has ALOT of leverage here. He got heated with a player he adores, now this is one who is on the teams bad side....yikes this could get bloody.
I undersatnd your frustration, but we had no business in second round and went to 7 games by accident due to lights out performance of our goalie.
Arbitration would ignore most content of your post, sorry, it works the way Zherdev described, not you. Sather has no leverage therefore. I don't think he is looking for anything other than get it over with and see what OTT say to the ruling. If Murray is OK with it, he will ship Z there for Heatley with som other Rangers. If not, he will welcome Z to training camp after handling him a contract.

Old
07-19-2009, 12:04 AM
darko

Quote:
and he's 29 (30 soon). Problem is we dont need anymore wingers...

Old
07-19-2009, 12:05 AM
94now

Quote:
He is done. I use to love the guy, but he has no upside at this point. Gainey is no dummy.

Old
07-19-2009, 12:06 AM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
I undersatnd your frustration, but we had no business in second round and went to 7 games by accident due to lights out performance of our goalie.
Arbitration would ignore most content of your post, sorry, it works the way Zherdev described, not you. Sather has no leverage therefore. I don't think he is looking for anything other than get it over with and see what OTT say to the ruling. If Murray is OK with it, he will ship Z there for Heatley with som other Rangers. If not, he will welcome Z to training camp after handling him a contract.
Take a look at post #20, you seem to not understand how arbitration works. As RangerBoy said Rangers are going to have a field day with D.

Old
07-19-2009, 12:07 AM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
That right there pretty much was the frosting on the cake for how all your posts in this thread have looked.

WASHED UP???? seriously what are the drugs you are on. This comment coming after saying Zherdev would be our best forward followed by Higgins and THEN Gaborik. DISGUSTING

Like someone just mentioned, Tanguay had 81 points just 2 seasons ago. Plus he has won a cup...on top of that he definitely has more heart than zherdev.

EDIT: Just saw your other post...he is not done...he had an injury. Geez some people are just so ignorant....but what can you expect we're new yorkers.

Old
07-19-2009, 12:09 AM
94now

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2noise View Post
Oh man. What a pooosy

When I read carp like this, I get so mad at what Sather did to Avery last year. That guy wanted to stay in the worst way
I wouldn't trust a single word Avery ever said. Good player, nevertheless...

Old
07-19-2009, 12:09 AM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

And how is it by accident because of the goalies? Is Henrik not part of the team? It's not like Vally started and had a fluke series.

Quote:
He is done. I use to love the guy, but he has no upside at this point. Gainey is no dummy.
Well it depends on his shoulder injury. If it heals right he's still a 70-80 point player. If not 40-50. And no duh he doesn't have much upside he is at his peak of his career.

Old
07-19-2009, 12:13 AM
94now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagr68NYR94Leetch View Post
That right there pretty much was the frosting on the cake for how all your posts in this thread have looked.

WASHED UP???? seriously what are the drugs you are on. This comment coming after saying Zherdev would be our best forward followed by Higgins and THEN Gaborik. DISGUSTING

Like someone just mentioned, Tanguay had 81 points just 2 seasons ago. Plus he has won a cup...on top of that he definitely has more heart than zherdev.

EDIT: Just saw your other post...he is not done...he had an injury. Geez some people are just so ignorant....but what can you expect we're new yorkers.
I watch MTL a lot. I'd rather keep Zherdev. He doesn need heart to contribute. Rather he needs a better centre.

Old
07-19-2009, 12:14 AM
FOXHOUND*

Quote:
I watch MTL a lot. I'd rather keep Zherdev. He doesn need heart to contribute. Rather he needs a better centre.
How much deeper you gonna dig yourself in this thread?

Old
07-19-2009, 12:19 AM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Yeah seriously. A heart. Hockey sense. Who needs em. He can dangle with puck through his legs and get 50 points in the first 70 games without recording any points in crunch time!

Old
07-19-2009, 12:20 AM
NYRamonte10

The way he talks about how he is drawn to go where his family is, is IMO total BS. I'm a believer in how you play on the ice, AKA your style of play suggests a lot about who you are as a person. He likes the fancy plays, the showy moves. He wants to be in the NHL, he just wants to feel more valuable than he actually is. If he loses this, i doubt he goes to Russia.

Old
07-19-2009, 12:21 AM
94now

Quote:
Take a look at post #20, you seem to not understand how arbitration works. As RangerBoy said Rangers are going to have a field day with D.

That where exactly where Z camp's strenght is. Zherdev help this club success by getting it into playoffs. We would have never made it with out best start in club history to which Zherdev was major and critical contributor as well as most part of the season. Rangers had no chance to succed over the superior team in first round of playoffs regardless of Zherdev performance.

Closed Thread