HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Zherdev thinks he will win arbitration case

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-18-2009, 11:05 PM
  #26
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time
 
I Am Chariot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 14,492
vCash: 500
At least he believes in himself...thats a start to more consistency. Hes got sick skills. But he will be a bench warmer for Torts if he doesnt show the full effort everynight.

I dunno....I'm on the fence. Maybe that $$$ could be more wisely spent

I Am Chariot is offline  
Old
07-18-2009, 11:11 PM
  #27
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh
 
Burlington Bomb 26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Green Mountain State
Country: United States
Posts: 16,615
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Henrik 30 View Post


Get it done, Slats!
I traded Z, a 4th and Potter for Babchuk and a 1st.

He has 13 goals in 61 GP.

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline  
Old
07-18-2009, 11:14 PM
  #28
gravytrain6t
Registered User
 
gravytrain6t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 2,867
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by D713B View Post
And you know his demands because he or his agent have specified them or because Larry Brooks was trying to sell papers one day?
I guess Larry Brooks guessed and like you said. He was trying to sell papers one day.

I don't want a guy who's talking about how many points he had last year and the year before that. Here. Here are my stats. I want this. Like 3.25 is not good enough for this guy.



http://newyorkblips.dailyradar.com/s...ev_wants_4_5m/

gravytrain6t is offline  
Old
07-18-2009, 11:24 PM
  #29
gravytrain6t
Registered User
 
gravytrain6t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 2,867
vCash: 500
"No, life in America doesnít suit me. The difference in mentality is too great between us. I dreamed of getting to the NHL for many years. My dream came true. But now, as soon as the season finishes, Iím immediately drawn to Kiev. All my family is there. The NHL is just a job."

I'm not sure if this is a "Tortorella type" player.

gravytrain6t is offline  
Old
07-18-2009, 11:39 PM
  #30
94now
Registered User
 
94now's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Snow Belt, USA
Country: United Nations
Posts: 6,445
vCash: 500
Rangers have a little chance to win. Zherdev is in driving seat because:

1) although he did not play well in playoffs, Rangers would never make a palyoffs without him.
2) playoffs are just a small fraction of the season.
3) there is nothing else Rangers have as an argument. Columbus made a palyoff because of goaltender, and were swept because of Mason. Zherdev had absolutely nothing to do with anything there.

The guy is just honest. Give him a break. He is irreplaceable at 3.8 million. If kept he will be our best forward, Higgins second best. Gaborik third best. I like Dubi and Caly, but they are in different league...


Last edited by 94now: 07-18-2009 at 11:47 PM.
94now is offline  
Old
07-18-2009, 11:45 PM
  #31
blue2noise
Registered User
 
blue2noise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,486
vCash: 500
Oh man. What a pooosy

When I read carp like this, I get so mad at what Sather did to Avery last year. That guy wanted to stay in the worst way

blue2noise is offline  
Old
07-18-2009, 11:46 PM
  #32
blue2noise
Registered User
 
blue2noise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,486
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
Rangers have a little chance to win. Zherdev is in driving seat because:

1) although he did not play well in playoffs, Rangers would never make a palyoffs without him.
2) playoffs are just a small fraction of the season.
3) there is nothing else Rangers have as an argument. Columbus made a palyoff because of goaltender, and were swept because of Mason. Zherdev had absolutely nothing to do with anything there.

The guy is just honest. Give him a break. He is irreplaceable at 3.8 million. If kept he will be our best forward, Higgins second best. Gaborik third best.
3.8 million player
0.0 heart

blue2noise is offline  
Old
07-18-2009, 11:46 PM
  #33
ThirdEye
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New York
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 11,666
vCash: 500
Like I mentioned in the other thread, I would try to sign Tanguay. I know he's not a RW'er, but he's a much better overall player and is not too old.

ThirdEye is offline  
Old
07-18-2009, 11:48 PM
  #34
FOXHOUND*
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Woodside, Queens
Country: United States
Posts: 3,507
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
Rangers have a little chance to win. Zherdev is in driving seat because:

1) although he did not play well in playoffs, Rangers would never make a palyoffs without him.
2) playoffs are just a small fraction of the season.
3) there is nothing else Rangers have as an argument. Columbus made a palyoff because of goaltender, and were swept because of Mason. Zherdev had absolutely nothing to do with anything there.

The guy is just honest. Give him a break. He is irreplaceable at 3.8 million. If kept he will be our best forward, Higgins second best. Gaborik third best. I like Dubi and Caly, but they are in different league...
drugs, which are you on and how many?

FOXHOUND* is offline  
Old
07-18-2009, 11:49 PM
  #35
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh
 
Burlington Bomb 26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Green Mountain State
Country: United States
Posts: 16,615
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
Rangers have a little chance to win. Zherdev is in driving seat because:

1) although he did not play well in playoffs, Rangers would never make a palyoffs without him.
2) playoffs are just a small fraction of the season.
3) there is nothing else Rangers have as an argument. Columbus made a palyoff because of goaltender, and were swept because of Mason. Zherdev had absolutely nothing to do with anything there.

The guy is just honest. Give him a break. He is irreplaceable at 3.8 million.
I disagree big time with you. Especially #2. When the Rangers were trying for the post-season Zherdev folded like a chair. Other players stepped up big tine, ie Callahan, Drury, Dubinsky, Antropov. The playoffs aren't just a small part of the season it's the reason for the season. Zherdev was great 1st half and became terrible once the team was going downhill and was downright awful come crunch time. He is a reason we didn't beat Washington. Sather has ALOT of leverage here. He got heated with a player he adores, now this is one who is on the teams bad side....yikes this could get bloody.

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline  
Old
07-18-2009, 11:51 PM
  #36
Dredden
JT Miller
 
Dredden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 1,429
vCash: 500
3.75 is the most i would give.
We know the skill is there but he has no heart, and is invisible when not producing.

Z is not someone you need on your team. Just my opinion, i would rather get someone who hustles and plays with heart.

Dredden is offline  
Old
07-18-2009, 11:53 PM
  #37
94now
Registered User
 
94now's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Snow Belt, USA
Country: United Nations
Posts: 6,445
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
Like I mentioned in the other thread, I would try to sign Tanguay. I know he's not a RW'er, but he's a much better overall player and is not too old.
He is washed up. 10 years too late. We've got Gallahan now.

94now is offline  
Old
07-18-2009, 11:57 PM
  #38
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh
 
Burlington Bomb 26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Green Mountain State
Country: United States
Posts: 16,615
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
He is washed up. 10 years too late. We've got Gallahan now.
what are you talking about?! He scored 81 points just two years ago.

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline  
Old
07-19-2009, 12:01 AM
  #39
94now
Registered User
 
94now's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Snow Belt, USA
Country: United Nations
Posts: 6,445
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GongShowHockeyNYR View Post
I disagree big time with you. Especially #2. When the Rangers were trying for the post-season Zherdev folded like a chair. Other players stepped up big tine, ie Callahan, Drury, Dubinsky, Antropov. The playoffs aren't just a small part of the season it's the reason for the season. Zherdev was great 1st half and became terrible once the team was going downhill and was downright awful come crunch time. He is a reason we didn't beat Washington. Sather has ALOT of leverage here. He got heated with a player he adores, now this is one who is on the teams bad side....yikes this could get bloody.
I undersatnd your frustration, but we had no business in second round and went to 7 games by accident due to lights out performance of our goalie.
Arbitration would ignore most content of your post, sorry, it works the way Zherdev described, not you. Sather has no leverage therefore. I don't think he is looking for anything other than get it over with and see what OTT say to the ruling. If Murray is OK with it, he will ship Z there for Heatley with som other Rangers. If not, he will welcome Z to training camp after handling him a contract.

94now is offline  
Old
07-19-2009, 12:04 AM
  #40
darko
Registered User
 
darko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Country: Australia
Posts: 29,948
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GongShowHockeyNYR View Post
what are you talking about?! He scored 81 points just two years ago.
and he's 29 (30 soon). Problem is we dont need anymore wingers...

darko is offline  
Old
07-19-2009, 12:05 AM
  #41
94now
Registered User
 
94now's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Snow Belt, USA
Country: United Nations
Posts: 6,445
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GongShowHockeyNYR View Post
what are you talking about?! He scored 81 points just two years ago.
He is done. I use to love the guy, but he has no upside at this point. Gainey is no dummy.

94now is offline  
Old
07-19-2009, 12:06 AM
  #42
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh
 
Burlington Bomb 26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Green Mountain State
Country: United States
Posts: 16,615
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
I undersatnd your frustration, but we had no business in second round and went to 7 games by accident due to lights out performance of our goalie.
Arbitration would ignore most content of your post, sorry, it works the way Zherdev described, not you. Sather has no leverage therefore. I don't think he is looking for anything other than get it over with and see what OTT say to the ruling. If Murray is OK with it, he will ship Z there for Heatley with som other Rangers. If not, he will welcome Z to training camp after handling him a contract.
Take a look at post #20, you seem to not understand how arbitration works. As RangerBoy said Rangers are going to have a field day with D.

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline  
Old
07-19-2009, 12:07 AM
  #43
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 7,995
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
He is washed up. 10 years too late. We've got Gallahan now.
That right there pretty much was the frosting on the cake for how all your posts in this thread have looked.

WASHED UP???? seriously what are the drugs you are on. This comment coming after saying Zherdev would be our best forward followed by Higgins and THEN Gaborik. DISGUSTING

Like someone just mentioned, Tanguay had 81 points just 2 seasons ago. Plus he has won a cup...on top of that he definitely has more heart than zherdev.

EDIT: Just saw your other post...he is not done...he had an injury. Geez some people are just so ignorant....but what can you expect we're new yorkers.

RGY is online now  
Old
07-19-2009, 12:09 AM
  #44
94now
Registered User
 
94now's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Snow Belt, USA
Country: United Nations
Posts: 6,445
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2noise View Post
Oh man. What a pooosy

When I read carp like this, I get so mad at what Sather did to Avery last year. That guy wanted to stay in the worst way
I wouldn't trust a single word Avery ever said. Good player, nevertheless...

94now is offline  
Old
07-19-2009, 12:09 AM
  #45
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh
 
Burlington Bomb 26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Green Mountain State
Country: United States
Posts: 16,615
vCash: 500
And how is it by accident because of the goalies? Is Henrik not part of the team? It's not like Vally started and had a fluke series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
He is done. I use to love the guy, but he has no upside at this point. Gainey is no dummy.
Well it depends on his shoulder injury. If it heals right he's still a 70-80 point player. If not 40-50. And no duh he doesn't have much upside he is at his peak of his career.

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline  
Old
07-19-2009, 12:13 AM
  #46
94now
Registered User
 
94now's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Snow Belt, USA
Country: United Nations
Posts: 6,445
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagr68NYR94Leetch View Post
That right there pretty much was the frosting on the cake for how all your posts in this thread have looked.

WASHED UP???? seriously what are the drugs you are on. This comment coming after saying Zherdev would be our best forward followed by Higgins and THEN Gaborik. DISGUSTING

Like someone just mentioned, Tanguay had 81 points just 2 seasons ago. Plus he has won a cup...on top of that he definitely has more heart than zherdev.

EDIT: Just saw your other post...he is not done...he had an injury. Geez some people are just so ignorant....but what can you expect we're new yorkers.
I watch MTL a lot. I'd rather keep Zherdev. He doesn need heart to contribute. Rather he needs a better centre.

94now is offline  
Old
07-19-2009, 12:14 AM
  #47
FOXHOUND*
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Woodside, Queens
Country: United States
Posts: 3,507
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
I watch MTL a lot. I'd rather keep Zherdev. He doesn need heart to contribute. Rather he needs a better centre.
How much deeper you gonna dig yourself in this thread?

FOXHOUND* is offline  
Old
07-19-2009, 12:19 AM
  #48
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh
 
Burlington Bomb 26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Green Mountain State
Country: United States
Posts: 16,615
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
I watch MTL a lot. I'd rather keep Zherdev. He doesn need heart to contribute. Rather he needs a better centre.
Yeah seriously. A heart. Hockey sense. Who needs em. He can dangle with puck through his legs and get 50 points in the first 70 games without recording any points in crunch time!

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline  
Old
07-19-2009, 12:20 AM
  #49
NYRamonte10
Registered User
 
NYRamonte10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 152
vCash: 500
The way he talks about how he is drawn to go where his family is, is IMO total BS. I'm a believer in how you play on the ice, AKA your style of play suggests a lot about who you are as a person. He likes the fancy plays, the showy moves. He wants to be in the NHL, he just wants to feel more valuable than he actually is. If he loses this, i doubt he goes to Russia.

NYRamonte10 is offline  
Old
07-19-2009, 12:21 AM
  #50
94now
Registered User
 
94now's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Snow Belt, USA
Country: United Nations
Posts: 6,445
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GongShowHockeyNYR View Post
Take a look at post #20, you seem to not understand how arbitration works. As RangerBoy said Rangers are going to have a field day with D.

That where exactly where Z camp's strenght is. Zherdev help this club success by getting it into playoffs. We would have never made it with out best start in club history to which Zherdev was major and critical contributor as well as most part of the season. Rangers had no chance to succed over the superior team in first round of playoffs regardless of Zherdev performance.

94now is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:17 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.