HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Canucks - CBJ's

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-03-2012, 09:56 PM
  #1
Hi-wayman
Registered User
 
Hi-wayman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,578
vCash: 500
Canucks - CBJ's

To Columbus: Maxim Lapierre

To Vancouver: Cody Goloubef and CBJ's 2013 second round pick.

A solid 3rd line centre/winger to the Jackets for a good right side defense prospect and a pick to the Canucks. Though the Canucks are a win now club, they can afford to trade a roster player as they still have Raymond and two NHL ready prospects in Schroeder and Rodin to take the open roster spot. Lapierre is a good fit for the Jackets in skill, speed, versitility, intimidation and grit.

Hi-wayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2012, 09:58 PM
  #2
Vankiller Whale
Propaganda Minister
 
Vankiller Whale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,234
vCash: 900
No interest in trading Lappy.

And it's probbably overpayment from CBJ's part too.

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2012, 10:02 PM
  #3
StringerBell
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 10,000
vCash: 500
I would be open to trading Lappy but this is not the right deal.

StringerBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2012, 10:20 PM
  #4
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/
 
Mayor Bee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 15,082
vCash: 500
Lapierre brings absolutely nothing to the table that would warrant either of those pieces, let alone both of them. There's also a glut of 3rd/4th-line forwards on Columbus as it is, so Lapierre wouldn't exactly just step into the lineup.

Mayor Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2012, 11:34 PM
  #5
Yossarian54
Registered User
 
Yossarian54's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Perth, WA
Country: Australia
Posts: 1,101
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor Bee View Post
Lapierre brings absolutely nothing to the table that would warrant either of those pieces, let alone both of them. There's also a glut of 3rd/4th-line forwards on Columbus as it is, so Lapierre wouldn't exactly just step into the lineup.
I tend to agree. Also Lappy is critical to the Canucks give our current question mark around the 3rd line centre role. Don't want to put another one at 4th line centre.

EDIT: Counter, Rodin for Goloubef straight up (Canucks have Kassian and Jensen ahead on the RW depth chart, CBJ lack pure offensive prospects).


Last edited by Yossarian54: 10-03-2012 at 11:40 PM.
Yossarian54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2012, 11:41 PM
  #6
Crede777
Deputized
 
Crede777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 7,811
vCash: 500
Lap is an important piece to an already assembled team, not to a rebuilding team.

Crede777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2012, 11:55 PM
  #7
Reverend Mayhem
Registered User
 
Reverend Mayhem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Port Coquitlam, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,851
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede777 View Post
Lap is an important piece to an already assembled team, not to a rebuilding team.
You've got it right.

Reverend Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2012, 12:11 AM
  #8
Luck 6
\\_______
 
Luck 6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 7,473
vCash: 500
Overpayment by CBJ. Vancouver still says no though. Lapierre is a great fit on the Canucks, and he seems to step it up a bit in the playoffs. He carries the 4th line, and can even play 3C all for 1mil per season. There's no reason at all to trade him unless it makes us a better team immediately.

Luck 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2012, 12:15 AM
  #9
Luck 6
\\_______
 
Luck 6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 7,473
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yossarian54 View Post
I tend to agree. Also Lappy is critical to the Canucks give our current question mark around the 3rd line centre role. Don't want to put another one at 4th line centre.

EDIT: Counter, Rodin for Goloubef straight up (Canucks have Kassian and Jensen ahead on the RW depth chart, CBJ lack pure offensive prospects).
I'd probably decline that. It's not as if Goloubef would break in right away, we have Tanev as well as Connauton ahead of him on the depth chart. I'm high on Rodin though, I feel as if he's sorta due to break out. I want to keep him for at least one more season to see what he does.

Luck 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2012, 12:18 AM
  #10
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality
 
y2kcanucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Surrey, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 47,392
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yossarian54 View Post
I tend to agree. Also Lappy is critical to the Canucks give our current question mark around the 3rd line centre role. Don't want to put another one at 4th line centre.

EDIT: Counter, Rodin for Goloubef straight up (Canucks have Kassian and Jensen ahead on the RW depth chart, CBJ lack pure offensive prospects).
No to the Lapierre trade, yes to the Rodin trade.

__________________
http://www.vancitynitetours.com
y2kcanucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2012, 12:43 AM
  #11
Viqsi
carrying the flag
 
Viqsi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The Scary Internet
Country: United States
Posts: 21,117
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Not all that interested in Lapierre, but the previously discussed Rodin-for-Goloubef trade is still OK by me.

__________________
Remember - when you're a hockey fan, it's not "reckless driving", it's "good forechecking".
"Viqsi, you are our sweet humanist..." --mt-svk on the CBJ boards

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2012, 01:02 AM
  #12
PierreMcGuire*
How dissapointing
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Delta, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,750
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede777 View Post
Lap is an important piece to an already assembled team, not to a rebuilding team.
Couldn't have said it better, myself.

PierreMcGuire* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2012, 02:13 AM
  #13
rypper
Registered User
 
rypper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,952
vCash: 500
Do we really wanna go back to the revolving door of bolduc, desbiens, etc? Lapierre brings stability to an underrated but important position.

rypper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2012, 03:21 AM
  #14
palindrom
Registered User
 
palindrom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 4,148
vCash: 500
A playoff team almost never ever trade a future UFA to a non playoff team for prospect, so i guess you assume Vancouver will be out of the playoff and Columbus will need help to fight for a playoff spot, otherwise this trade make no sense.

Also, by how much Lapierre did increase his trade value since he wear a vancouver jersey? You are asking for more than the last two time lapierre was traded, while he was younger and not scheduled to become UFA.


Last edited by palindrom: 10-04-2012 at 03:30 AM.
palindrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2012, 03:36 AM
  #15
Yossarian54
Registered User
 
Yossarian54's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Perth, WA
Country: Australia
Posts: 1,101
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luck 6 View Post
I'd probably decline that. It's not as if Goloubef would break in right away, we have Tanev as well as Connauton ahead of him on the depth chart. I'm high on Rodin though, I feel as if he's sorta due to break out. I want to keep him for at least one more season to see what he does.
I agree that Rodin will probably break out a bit this year, but I just don't see a spot for him in the line-up (in the next few years at least), we are awash with 2/3rd line wingers.

Regarding defencemen, I don't think we can bank Tanev 'on the depth chart'. He's part of the top-6 now, and one of only 2 naturally right side d-men in said top-6. We lack depth on the right.

Connauton I feel has stalled a bit (Goloubef apparently too) but here's the problem: Connauton, Sauve, McNally, Tommernes and Polasek are all lefties. Corrado is our only D prospect who's a righty (Price is as well, but I really don't see him making the NHL). We've had issues with who's playing the right side the last two seasons, and I think some prospect depth in that regard would help. Ideally, i'd like Savard from CBJ, but that would cost more than i'd be willing to give up.

Yossarian54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2012, 04:02 AM
  #16
jumptheshark
the burn out
 
jumptheshark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: hf retirement home
Country: United Nations
Posts: 54,985
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi-wayman View Post
To Columbus: Maxim Lapierre

To Vancouver: Cody Goloubef and CBJ's 2013 second round pick.

A solid 3rd line centre/winger to the Jackets for a good right side defense prospect and a pick to the Canucks. Though the Canucks are a win now club, they can afford to trade a roster player as they still have Raymond and two NHL ready prospects in Schroeder and Rodin to take the open roster spot. Lapierre is a good fit for the Jackets in skill, speed, versitility, intimidation and grit.
canucks have no one to replace his 200 hits

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2012, 09:29 AM
  #17
hockeywoot
Registered User
 
hockeywoot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: China
Posts: 1,095
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rypper View Post
Do we really wanna go back to the revolving door of bolduc, desbiens, etc? Lapierre brings stability to an underrated but important position.
Yup. Pretty much this.

(Value, is an overpayment by Columbus)

hockeywoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2012, 09:31 AM
  #18
Yossarian54
Registered User
 
Yossarian54's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Perth, WA
Country: Australia
Posts: 1,101
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumptheshark View Post
canucks have no one to replace his 200 hits
Yeah, Lappy has really stepped up in that respect. Started fighting his own battles, which is nice to see. Holding his own as well. More importantly he really anchors the 4th line.

Yossarian54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2012, 10:07 AM
  #19
Luck 6
\\_______
 
Luck 6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 7,473
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yossarian54 View Post
I agree that Rodin will probably break out a bit this year, but I just don't see a spot for him in the line-up (in the next few years at least), we are awash with 2/3rd line wingers.

Regarding defencemen, I don't think we can bank Tanev 'on the depth chart'. He's part of the top-6 now, and one of only 2 naturally right side d-men in said top-6. We lack depth on the right.

Connauton I feel has stalled a bit (Goloubef apparently too) but here's the problem: Connauton, Sauve, McNally, Tommernes and Polasek are all lefties. Corrado is our only D prospect who's a righty (Price is as well, but I really don't see him making the NHL). We've had issues with who's playing the right side the last two seasons, and I think some prospect depth in that regard would help. Ideally, i'd like Savard from CBJ, but that would cost more than i'd be willing to give up.
If Rodin does well, there will be a spot. Take a look at our current forward line-up:

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Booth-Kesler-Kassian
Higgins-Malhotra-Hansen
Raymond-Lapierre-Weise

The bolded are all UFAs after this season. Now, I'd be very happy to re-sign many of them, but if we have to overpay maybe we want to search within our prospect pool. Schroeder will likely make the team this year, Jensen next year, and who do we really have outside of that? We could certainly make some room to fit Rodin in, if you ask me.

You are right in saying we don't have great depth on right side defense. For that reason, I wouldn't mind bringing in Goloubef. He's cheap, doesn't have to pass through waivers, and offers good depth on the right side. Personally though, I'm still pretty high on Rodin. I'd rather send a different forward in his place. Or heck, maybe Sauve for Goloubef?

Luck 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2012, 01:12 PM
  #20
StringerBell
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 10,000
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yossarian54 View Post
Yeah, Lappy has really stepped up in that respect. Started fighting his own battles, which is nice to see. Holding his own as well. More importantly he really anchors the 4th line.
The problem is that he still starts too many battles to fight. It becomes a distraction way too often.

StringerBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2012, 01:16 PM
  #21
Homegrown Kings
that other 70s line
 
Homegrown Kings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: PNW
Country: United States
Posts: 2,354
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede777 View Post
Lap is an important piece to an already assembled team, not to a rebuilding team.
Well stated.

Over-payment from CBJ. Lapierre is a great player who I really like, but he brings more to Vancouver than he could offer to CBJ who is lacking in top-tier forwards and not gritty bottom-6 types.

If Vancouver wants to make a run this year they'll keep him. They need that C depth without Hodgson.

Homegrown Kings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2012, 02:06 PM
  #22
Viqsi
carrying the flag
 
Viqsi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The Scary Internet
Country: United States
Posts: 21,117
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luck 6 View Post
You are right in saying we don't have great depth on right side defense. For that reason, I wouldn't mind bringing in Goloubef. He's cheap, doesn't have to pass through waivers, and offers good depth on the right side. Personally though, I'm still pretty high on Rodin. I'd rather send a different forward in his place. Or heck, maybe Sauve for Goloubef?
Sauve wouldn't work for us. The idea for Columbus isn't to replace RHD with LHD. We can afford to give up Cody 'cause Madaisky looks like he could keep improving and Prout has actually managed NHL time (!), but that doesn't mean we're short on LHD either - behind Murray, Moore, and Erixon we also have depth prospects like Weber and Holden. So we'd really need prospect forwards back.

Random fun fact: if you compare basic stats, they make Sauve and Prout look like LHD/RHD mirror images of eachother.

Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2012, 02:11 PM
  #23
Mrb1p
Registered User
 
Mrb1p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Citizen of the world
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,646
vCash: 500
Bring back Lappy home!!!

What you want from MTL ? I'd give you Noke(for gap stoppin.)+ another piece u'd like.

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2012, 02:50 PM
  #24
StringerBell
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 10,000
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
Bring back Lappy home!!!

What you want from MTL ? I'd give you Noke(for gap stoppin.)+ another piece u'd like.
Lapierre + Gaunce for Eller

StringerBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2012, 02:59 PM
  #25
Mrb1p
Registered User
 
Mrb1p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Citizen of the world
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,646
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyLager View Post
Lapierre + Gaunce for Eller
Nop, nop, nop.

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:22 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.