HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Pro-Line

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-31-2004, 02:58 PM
  #1
Leaf_Crazy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,621
vCash: 500
Pro-Line

Do any of you play Proline? Im just curious...

I do, and I have 1 Rules "Never bet on the Leafs"

I have bet on the Leafs 10 times, I think I have got it right once.

Leaf_Crazy is online now  
Old
03-31-2004, 03:01 PM
  #2
BlueBlood17
Registered User
 
BlueBlood17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Toronto
Country: Greece
Posts: 1,633
vCash: 500
I do.

And I have one rule. Never bet on the Flyers, Wild, or Islanders. Those teams ALWAYS screw me up, whether I bet for or against them.

BlueBlood17 is offline  
Old
03-31-2004, 03:03 PM
  #3
Leaf Army
Registered User
 
Leaf Army's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Leaf Nation
Posts: 8,398
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_Crazy
Do any of you play Proline? Im just curious...

I do, and I have 1 Rules "Never bet on the Leafs"

I have bet on the Leafs 10 times, I think I have got it right once.
I used to play Proline a lot. Not anymore though.

It doesn't matter how much you know about hockey, the odds are stacked against you pretty bad.

I also never bet on the Leafs. Bad luck.

Leaf Army is offline  
Old
03-31-2004, 03:04 PM
  #4
Leaf_Crazy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,621
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Army
I used to play Proline a lot. Not anymore though.

It doesn't matter how much you know about hockey, the odds are stacked against you pretty bad.

I also never bet on the Leafs. Bad luck.
I dont find the odds stacked... you just got to search out your games... for example... San Jose over LA tonight for 2.00

Leaf_Crazy is online now  
Old
03-31-2004, 03:07 PM
  #5
Leaf_Crazy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,621
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBlood17
I do.

And I have one rule. Never bet on the Flyers, Wild, or Islanders. Those teams ALWAYS screw me up, whether I bet for or against them.
Flyers screwed me, 2 weeks back ... :/

Leaf_Crazy is online now  
Old
03-31-2004, 03:12 PM
  #6
Leaf Army
Registered User
 
Leaf Army's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Leaf Nation
Posts: 8,398
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_Crazy
I dont find the odds stacked... you just got to search out your games... for example... San Jose over LA tonight for 2.00
Yeah but that's just one game. You gotta pick at least three.

Even if you only pick 3 games, you're odds of winning are about 12-15%.

You might get lucky on a ticket every now and then, but if you play on a consistent basis, it's virtually statistically impossible to come out ahead.

Leaf Army is offline  
Old
03-31-2004, 03:27 PM
  #7
Leaf_Crazy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,621
vCash: 500
Thats one game for tonight though... look thoughtout the week

Theres also Edmonton, in a do or die... for 2.7... I mean its a hard game but its worth the risk.. I actually win Quite frequently...

I usually put down $2 tickets and look for a $30-50 Payout...

Leaf_Crazy is online now  
Old
03-31-2004, 04:32 PM
  #8
russ4king
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Welland
Posts: 455
vCash: 500
hey Boys...I actually work for the OLGC, Lottery Division and indirectly for Pro-Line...the odds are not stacked against you...you just have to play it smart. Like one person said above don't look for a big payout on a small wager...because it more than likely won't happen (but you might get lucky), look for the good odds, on favourite teams. Now I really don't play Pro-line all that often, I am more of a Point-Spread fan myself, but one rule I have always had is always bet against the Leafs.

Simple logic...if they lose...that means I have at least one right on my ticket, so I am happy...if they win, I am happy too because I am a Leaf fan, and a win is a win...Only problem is when they tie....like this past Saturday against Ottawa...I would have won 95.00 if Ottawa won.

Good Luck and remember...."Anything can happen, and anyone can WIN"

russ4king is offline  
Old
03-31-2004, 04:45 PM
  #9
Charge_Seven
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,631
vCash: 500
My new rules are:

1) NEVER choose a team by two goals anymore. I've lost very large sums (in potential earnings) because Montreal only wins 2-1, rather than 3-1.

2) Avoid the big games, such as Detroit-Colorado. Any game that has the potential to get ugly, do not bet on.

3) Do research. The Predators had great odds, even after they picked up Sullivan and the others. They get no respect, but have a very strong potential to win games. They're worth the risk in most games.

Charge_Seven is offline  
Old
03-31-2004, 04:48 PM
  #10
Charge_Seven
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,631
vCash: 500
Can you pick games on different nights? If so I was unaware...lol

Say I wanted to bet on the Leafs all week, could I do that? (Atlanta game, Buffalo game, and Senators game, if they all fell into the same guide?)

Charge_Seven is offline  
Old
03-31-2004, 04:52 PM
  #11
russ4king
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Welland
Posts: 455
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregStack
Can you pick games on different nights? If so I was unaware...lol

Say I wanted to bet on the Leafs all week, could I do that? (Atlanta game, Buffalo game, and Senators game, if they all fell into the same guide?)

Yes you can bet on one team all week long as long as they fall on the same gamesheet. the game sheets are released Thuresday and play until Wednesday. So No you could not have bet on the Leafs every game this week because it would have been broken up by gamesheets. Check the website for official rules.

http://www.olgc.ca

Then click on "Pro-line", it will give you all the odds for the week as well, and possible payouts. It really is pretty neat, and not many people know about it.

russ4king is offline  
Old
03-31-2004, 05:00 PM
  #12
Charge_Seven
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,631
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by russ4king
Yes you can bet on one team all week long as long as they fall on the same gamesheet. the game sheets are released Thuresday and play until Wednesday. So No you could not have bet on the Leafs every game this week because it would have been broken up by gamesheets. Check the website for official rules.

http://www.olgc.ca

Then click on "Pro-line", it will give you all the odds for the week as well, and possible payouts. It really is pretty neat, and not many people know about it.
Aye, it's a good site, I've just never looked into the possibility of betting on the same team all week, or on different games...I have no idea why the thought never occurred to me, as I'm always looking at the last team to choose for my three saying "geeze...I wish I could choose from another day..." lol

Charge_Seven is offline  
Old
03-31-2004, 05:02 PM
  #13
ds155
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Toronto
Posts: 129
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by russ4king
hey Boys...I actually work for the OLGC, Lottery Division and indirectly for Pro-Line...the odds are not stacked against you...you just have to play it smart. Like one person said above don't look for a big payout on a small wager...because it more than likely won't happen (but you might get lucky), look for the good odds, on favourite teams. Now I really don't play Pro-line all that often, I am more of a Point-Spread fan myself, but one rule I have always had is always bet against the Leafs.

Simple logic...if they lose...that means I have at least one right on my ticket, so I am happy...if they win, I am happy too because I am a Leaf fan, and a win is a win...Only problem is when they tie....like this past Saturday against Ottawa...I would have won 95.00 if Ottawa won.

Good Luck and remember...."Anything can happen, and anyone can WIN"

Ummm this doesn't make sense, 1st of all if you're a real Leaf fan you'd never bet for an Ottawa win over the Leafs, 2nd if the leafs were a team that plays below .500 then yeah it's ok to bet against them seeing as they'll lose more then half their games, now knowing the Leafs have a better then .500 winning % it doesn't make sense to always bet against them, the Leafs have 42 wins this season and they're 16 games above .500 including OTLs. I know that ProLine gives you good odds for teams playing against the Leafs and crappy odds for Toronto so this is good for those who aren't Leaf fans but I'm a Leafs fan and I've never bet against them nor will I ever do so but I'll say it again no real Leafs fan would ever bet against the Leafs especially when they're playing the f**King Sens.


Last edited by ds155: 03-31-2004 at 05:07 PM.
ds155 is offline  
Old
03-31-2004, 05:05 PM
  #14
ArtVandelei
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,286
vCash: 500
This should be the number 1 rule to any sports better: DO NOT PLAY Proline/Pointspread. Those ******** have a monopoly in Canada, and as a result, they completely screw you over on the odds.

If you really wanna bet, I strongly suggest betting online. There, you have a couple of dozen services fighting for the privelege to take your bets, and are jumping through hoops to give you the best odds and bonuses.

For example, here, if you pick 2 point-spread winners, you win 200% your wager. If you pick 2 point spread winners online, you get 360% of your wager. (x 1.91 for every point spread winner).

I've lost a few $100 playing Proline/pointspread, before I came to my sences and started playing online. I deposited $30 just as a teaser, and within about 10 days went up to over $500 just betting singles and two-team parlays. This was betting NBA though, which I found easier than NHL. Proline offcourse, doesn't even offer NBA>.

ArtVandelei is offline  
Old
03-31-2004, 05:16 PM
  #15
richardn
Registered User
 
richardn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Sault Ste. Marie
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,900
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_Crazy
Do any of you play Proline? Im just curious...

I do, and I have 1 Rules "Never bet on the Leafs"

I have bet on the Leafs 10 times, I think I have got it right once.
I have more success at NFL on the PRO LINE for some reason so I play PRO LINE mainly during the football season. Your right though if your going to play pro line don't bet on the Leafs. My rule of thumb in general is to never bet on your favorite team.

richardn is offline  
Old
03-31-2004, 05:30 PM
  #16
Leaf_Crazy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,621
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtVandelei
Those ******** have a monopoly in Canada
This However is true ;0

Leaf_Crazy is online now  
Old
03-31-2004, 05:31 PM
  #17
Leaf_Crazy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,621
vCash: 500
Russ4King, whats the reasoning of not being able to bet on NBA?

Leaf_Crazy is online now  
Old
03-31-2004, 06:22 PM
  #18
Kemosabe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 494
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_Crazy
Flyers screwed me, 2 weeks back ... :/

All of them? Ouch... I assume not at the same time...

Kemosabe is offline  
Old
03-31-2004, 06:25 PM
  #19
Charge_Seven
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,631
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kemosabe
All of them? Ouch... I assume not at the same time...
Keith is a pretty big guy...

Charge_Seven is offline  
Old
03-31-2004, 06:28 PM
  #20
Leaf_Crazy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,621
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregStack
Keith is a pretty big guy...
Let me tell you, Jeremy has some energy....

Leaf_Crazy is online now  
Old
03-31-2004, 07:12 PM
  #21
russ4king
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Welland
Posts: 455
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_Crazy
Russ4King, whats the reasoning of not being able to bet on NBA?

It has something to do the agreement between their players association and our governing body. They will not allow us to bet on any individual or team unless said team receives some type of percentage.

It is the same reasoning with the NHLPA...We are allowed to bet on teams (because the NHL has okayed it) but we cannot bet on any individual players (as is the case with Pro-picks).

It's a legal mumbo-jumbo. Blah Blah Blah....

russ4king is offline  
Old
03-31-2004, 07:16 PM
  #22
tinfoilcup
Registered User
 
tinfoilcup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 882
vCash: 50
Have you ever heard the phrase "the parlay is a suckers bet"? You cannot win on pro-line and if you do it's a fluke.
It really is and i've got the statistical proof which I tabulated myself on the viability of playing pro-line hockey bets.

Here are your odds of winning based upon random bets over the course of 2 hockey seasons.

Betting on 3 games odds of winning 28 percent

Betting on 4 games odds of winning 16 percent

Betting on 5 games odds of winning 4 percent

Betting on 6 games odds of winning 2 percent

Do not bet on pro-line it is a losing proposition. You may say to yourself ha yeah whatever but you bet randomly, I actually have a clue. Yeah that's what I thought too. But I actually did worse when I picked bets myself I always came within one game of the parlay paying out, especially on the 4 or 5 gamers.

Odds of winning based on my own betting:

Betting on 3 games odds of winning 23 percent

Betting on 4 games odds of winning 11 percent

Betting on 5 games odds of winning 2 percent

Betting on 6 games odds of winning less than 1 percent


I lost a lot of money playing this game don't make the same mistake I did.

tinfoilcup is offline  
Old
03-31-2004, 09:41 PM
  #23
Leaf_Crazy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,621
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinfoilcup
Have you ever heard the phrase "the parlay is a suckers bet"? You cannot win on pro-line and if you do it's a fluke.
It really is and i've got the statistical proof which I tabulated myself on the viability of playing pro-line hockey bets.

Here are your odds of winning based upon random bets over the course of 2 hockey seasons.

Betting on 3 games odds of winning 28 percent

Betting on 4 games odds of winning 16 percent

Betting on 5 games odds of winning 4 percent

Betting on 6 games odds of winning 2 percent

Do not bet on pro-line it is a losing proposition. You may say to yourself ha yeah whatever but you bet randomly, I actually have a clue. Yeah that's what I thought too. But I actually did worse when I picked bets myself I always came within one game of the parlay paying out, especially on the 4 or 5 gamers.

Odds of winning based on my own betting:

Betting on 3 games odds of winning 23 percent

Betting on 4 games odds of winning 11 percent

Betting on 5 games odds of winning 2 percent

Betting on 6 games odds of winning less than 1 percent


I lost a lot of money playing this game don't make the same mistake I did.
Seriously you must only go for payout...

I saw some dudes ticket with
CLB over DET
FLA over OTT

Today... I was Baffled... lol

Leaf_Crazy is online now  
Old
04-01-2004, 06:47 AM
  #24
Augustus
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Augustus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Roma in my soul.
Country: Italy
Posts: 12,946
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_Crazy
Russ4King, whats the reasoning of not being able to bet on NBA?

NBA would not allow Raptor franchise to come to t.o. if they were on pro-line.

In retrospect, might not have been a bad thing.

Augustus is offline  
Old
04-01-2004, 07:00 AM
  #25
Leaf_Crazy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,621
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by exiled in Florida
NBA would not allow Raptor franchise to come to t.o. if they were on pro-line.

In retrospect, might not have been a bad thing.

Leaf_Crazy is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:54 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.