HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Digital Arts
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Digital Arts Show off your graphics skills. Images may be sports-related. Request or create custom avatars, team calendars, wallpapers etc..

Luke Schenn Desktop..

Old
07-22-2009, 09:24 PM
Spalfredsson

vCash: 500
Luke Schenn Desktop..

Made this for a friend.. basically just trying to practice some more blending techniques and stuff.

Spalfredsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2009, 11:31 PM
Saren
Multi Pass!

Not bad, not bad at all. How long have you been into Digital Art? Personally, I could do without the Exclusion/Difference cloud at Schenn's feet, but that's my own personal opinion.

Great stuff. Looking forward to seeing more.

Saren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2009, 11:37 PM
Spalfredsson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeon View Post
Not bad, not bad at all. How long have you been into Digital Art? Personally, I could do without the Exclusion/Difference cloud at Schenn's feet, but that's my own personal opinion.

Great stuff. Looking forward to seeing more.
Thanks, I haven't really been into that much for over a year, I took graphics class in high school for a couple years, but most of my stuff was bush league. This week I decided to "purchase" photoshop for my laptop and see what I could do if I put some effort into it.. I started working with a few blending techniques and exploring what I could do.. this was my third attempt at a desktop..

Attempt 1:

Attempt 2:

...tonight I did this one just as a simple thing to help develop some font skills.. it was pretty cool trying to get the font to match a bit better with the picture.

Old
07-22-2009, 11:42 PM
All_blueandwhite

The player effect isn't that great, nor is it blended into the rest of the piece that well. You pretty much just cut the render (cutting could be a bit better) and stuck a blue layer on top.

Also, i applaude you for trying new things and experimenting, but I'm not sure what you were trying to accomplish with the exclusion? effect on the clouds.

I do like what you did with the background. Good job getting it all to blend together nicely.

Overall i say not bad. I think you should take another go at it and come up with a V2

All_blueandwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2009, 11:48 PM
Spalfredsson

Quote:
Originally Posted by All_blueandwhite View Post
The player effect isn't that great, nor is it blended into the rest of the piece that well. You pretty much just cut the render (cutting could be a bit better) and stuck a blue layer on top.

Also, i applaude you for trying new things and experimenting, but I'm not sure what you were trying to accomplish with the exclusion? effect on the clouds.

I do like what you did with the background. Good job getting it all to blend together nicely.

Overall i say not bad. I think you should take another go at it and come up with a V2
I know exactly what both of you are talking about with the cloud.. It was more just so I could try brushes mixed with some of the clouds from the older background.. pure experimentation haha..

Do you guys have any advice for getting the text/cut to blend a bit better with the background? Its usually a problem I have with most of them (text got a bit better). Also, some of my blends could use a bit of work, any tips on that also?

Old
07-23-2009, 12:13 PM
Cheli

I like the Luke one, using it right now. I just want to know what happened to his nose

Cheli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2009, 01:54 PM
Spalfredsson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheli View Post
I like the Luke one, using it right now. I just want to know what happened to his nose
Nothing happened with his nose.. it's just the fade/blend/filter makes his jersey kind of connect with his nose so his nose looks like he pulled it off of a witch.