HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers Draft : Julien Sprunger

Closed Thread

Old
03-31-2004, 04:38 PM
SwissPatRangers

vCash: 500
Rangers Draft : Julien Sprunger

Hi, I'm new here. I have been reading everything on the Rangers board for a while and I had subscribed on the old board.

I wanted to speak about a player for a long while but I was waiting for a good opportunity : Julien Sprunger, he is eligible for the 2004 draft, he is ranked 33 for European skaters, he is 6'4 and he is very talented.

Unfortunately, the U 18 Switzerland team has to play the Div I A tournament because they played awfully last year.

But in an important game against Slovenia, Switzerland won 6-2 and Sprunger scored five goals and collected an assist.

I would definitely take a flyer on him in the draft in the third or fourth round. I know that several teams, including the Islanders, are interested in him. It would hurt if he was drafted by the Islanders.

Old
03-31-2004, 05:00 PM
Forechecker

Send a message via AIM to Forechecker
Quote:
Julien Sprunger, he is eligible for the 2004 draft, he is ranked 33 for European skaters, he is 6'4 and he is very talented.
Who ranked him 33rd? Not that Sprunger isn't the deserving of this ranking, but I've heard some disparanging things about Central Scouting Bureau.

Old
03-31-2004, 05:22 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwissPatRangers
Hi, I'm new here. I have been reading everything on the Rangers board for a while and I had subscribed on the old board.

I wanted to speak about a player for a long while but I was waiting for a good opportunity : Julien Sprunger, he is eligible for the 2004 draft, he is ranked 33 for European skaters, he is 6'4 and he is very talented.

Unfortunately, the U 18 Switzerland team has to play the Div I A tournament because they played awfully last year.

But in an important game against Slovenia, Switzerland won 6-2 and Sprunger scored five goals and collected an assist.

I would definitely take a flyer on him in the draft in the third or fourth round. I know that several teams, including the Islanders, are interested in him. It would hurt if he was drafted by the Islanders.
Welcome SwissPat

Yeah, i've not seen Julien play, but have heard from International scouting that he's one of if not the best Swiss players available in this years draft. I definitely see a team taking a chance at drafting him, probably around 4th round or so.

Btw, you ever see Sven Helfenstein play? He was a former Ranger draft pick who i liked very much but he doesn't seem to be making progress.

Last edited by Bluenote13: 03-31-2004 at 05:44 PM.
Old
03-31-2004, 05:37 PM
SwissPatRangers

Thank you.

Concerning Helfenstein, he had nearly completely disappeared. He was playing in the LNB in Switzerland. And he was finally recalled by Zurich Lions for the last months of the season. And he played in the playoffs. Zurich was eliminated from playoffs on Tuesday in the 7th game of the semi-finals and Helfenstein had a very good game. He nearly played completely the last 2 minutes of regulation when his team was pushing for the equalizer. It's really a strange story.
Very talented, able to score beautiful goals but also able to participate at "holiday on ice" if you understand what I mean. I don't know what his future will be made of.

Old
03-31-2004, 05:44 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwissPatRangers
Thank you.

Concerning Helfenstein, he had nearly completely disappeared. He was playing in the LNB in Switzerland. And he was finally recalled by Zurich Lions for the last months of the season. And he played in the playoffs. Zurich was eliminated from playoffs on Tuesday in the 7th game of the semi-finals and Helfenstein had a very good game. He nearly played completely the last 2 minutes of regulation when his team was pushing for the equalizer. It's really a strange story.
Very talented, able to score beautiful goals but also able to participate at "holiday on ice" if you understand what I mean. I don't know what his future will be made of.
Thanks for the update. Yeah, he scored some amazing goals in the past too bad he never was able to put it all together

Closed Thread