HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Isles-Flyers 4/25

Closed Thread

Old
04-23-2013, 09:31 AM
IceAce
HEY BUD, LETS PARTY!

vCash: 178
Isles-Flyers 4/25

Any other Philly area (or hell any NY Metro area since we're only 2 hours away) Isles fans going to be in attendance on Thursday?

Usually I buy tickets to the games here, but lucked out and got a club box suite through a work contact. My father, who's also a huge Isles fan, will be with me.

This could be the playoff clincher depending on what goes down in Raleigh and DC tonight. Would be cool to be there for it.

Last edited by Isles Junkie: 04-23-2013 at 10:03 AM.
Old
04-23-2013, 11:00 AM
Bunk Moreland

vCash: 50
I have terrible luck attending sporting events in that city so while I did contemplate going I'm not going to continue my string of bad luck down there.

Old
04-23-2013, 02:08 PM
IceAce
HEY BUD, LETS PARTY!

thats how I used to be too, now the past two times I've seen them here, we've won in a shootout.

Old
04-23-2013, 10:35 PM
IceAce
HEY BUD, LETS PARTY!

Alright NOW who's going with me??

Old
04-24-2013, 12:57 PM
duster19

vCash: 500
Start Poulin or give him Buffalo? Would like to see Nelson get a game for Aucoin and maybe see strome or Donovan either in Philly or Buf

Old
04-24-2013, 12:59 PM
boredmale

Hopefully Philly ices the same team that played Boston, although they won that game the defense basically was Schenn and a bunch of 7th defensemen/AHLers

Old
04-24-2013, 01:08 PM
iLandHer

Why would you concede positioning to give young guys a game? It's unnecessary and could hurt the team. We're only 2 points ahead of the Rags and the Sens, and 1 point behind Toronto as of right now. I'd play to win, and there will be a small break at the end of the regular season.

Last edited by iLandHer: 04-24-2013 at 03:19 PM.
Old
04-24-2013, 01:24 PM
duster19

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriCycleDriveBy View Post
Why would you concede positioning to give young guys a game? It's unnecessary and could hurt the team. We're only 2 points ahead of the Rags and the Sense, and 1 point behind Toronto as of right now. I'd play to win, and there will be a small break at the end of the regular season.
sitting guys doesnt mean your playing to lose. This has been a gruelling season, guys are banged up. plus, giving guys an opportunity has value. Dropping 2 bottom men out of your line up isnt the end of the world. Teams have been doing it all year...

Old
04-24-2013, 01:32 PM
IceAce
HEY BUD, LETS PARTY!

Our last game is Friday. Playoffs start at the earliest on Tuesday. There's your 3 days rest.

Play all the regulars until there's nothing to be gained/lost. At most you give Poulin the Buffalo game.

Old
04-24-2013, 02:13 PM
iLandHer

Quote:
Originally Posted by duster19 View Post
sitting guys doesnt mean your playing to lose. This has been a gruelling season, guys are banged up. plus, giving guys an opportunity has value. Dropping 2 bottom men out of your line up isnt the end of the world. Teams have been doing it all year...
Yeah, they've been doing it all year...but guess what time of year they aren't doing it? That's right, at the end, unless of course they are locked in or out of the playoffs.

Dropping two bottom men out is a big deal, and that's why this team is so much better when Reasoner isn't playing. If a replacement can make that much difference for one player, imagine how bad it will be with 2 bottom end guys who are inexperienced playing?

And who do you sit? There is no way to sit guys and not mess up chemistry/not play to lose. By inserting the inexperienced guys, you're conceding.

Old
04-24-2013, 02:25 PM
DktrFaustus

Quote:
Why would you concede positioning to give young guys a game? It's unnecessary and could hurt the team. We're only 2 points ahead of the Rags and the Sense, and 1 point behind Toronto as of right now. I'd play to win, and there will be a small break at the end of the regular season.
yeah, i'm really not understanding some posts around here about resting tavares and calling up strome or whatever. this team isn't heading for the golf course next week. we're in the playoffs and still jockeying for crucial positioning. i can see starting poulin for one of the two games, but other than that, ice the current roster. now is not the time to sit pretty.

Old
04-24-2013, 02:27 PM
islesfan186
YES! YES! YES!

play nabby in philly, give poulin the sabres. philly has been playing much better of late and i think it would be a hit to the teams confidence if they were to get destroyed by philly so close to the end of the season. start the goalie who gives you the best chance of winning....not to mention i would REEEEEEALLY like to take that 6th seed and play the caps in the playoffs...i do not want them to play then pens or boston. now that i have playoff tickets i would like to experience at least 1 damn postseason home win lol!

Old
04-24-2013, 02:48 PM
Islanders4life39

Send a message via MSN to Islanders4life39
I live 20 minutes outside of Philly, I am going with my buddy who is a Flyers fan. We are going to be in section 101! I gotta say it feels good having the bragging rights over my Flyer fan friends here for once!

Old
04-24-2013, 03:03 PM
gramatanboy

Quote:
Exactly 100% Right!!! We need to be thinking about winning the next two games and locking in the 6th seed rather than starting Reasoner, Poulin or some Bridgeport guys right now..

Old
04-24-2013, 04:35 PM
Isles Enforcer

Send a message via AIM to Isles Enforcer Send a message via Yahoo to Isles Enforcer
Sorry but there isn't a reason out there that Ullstrom could be put in for Joensuu. He had 1, maybe 2 decent games and thats about it. he's slow on his skates and looks just "off" out there. Play Ullstrom instead.

Old
04-24-2013, 07:11 PM
duster19

Quote:
Yeah, they've been doing it all year...but guess what time of year they aren't doing it? That's right, at the end, unless of course they are locked in or out of the playoffs.

Dropping two bottom men out is a big deal, and that's why this team is so much better when Reasoner isn't playing. If a replacement can make that much difference for one player, imagine how bad it will be with 2 bottom end guys who are inexperienced playing?

And who do you sit? There is no way to sit guys and not mess up chemistry/not play to lose. By inserting the inexperienced guys, you're conceding.
Id sit joenessu and aucoin. Play nelson and lee/strome. Id look to give donovan a run in place of streit. Not all in one game. Poulin gets Sabres game.

Its really not a huge deal to sit bottom end guys. Nelson could be better then Aucoin. Chemsitry isnt ruined in 1 game. That is ridiculous. How are you conceding by playing inexperienced guys? Strome could very well out perform Joenssu and same with nelson to Aucoin. Great time to get nexts years crops some minutes.

Old
04-24-2013, 07:50 PM
Oleg4Prez

Ill be there with a few people! Islander jersey and wearing it with pride!

Old
04-25-2013, 09:47 AM
IceAce
HEY BUD, LETS PARTY!

Still a decent amount of tixx on StubHub for tonight if anyone else wants to head down.

Old
04-25-2013, 09:59 AM
CREW99AW

vCash: 225
Can the isles please get their pp back on track?

The Leafs are playing the 2nd night, of back to back games.
An Isle win + a Leaf regulation loss and the isles are suddenly sitting in 5th place.

Let's go Isles

Old
04-25-2013, 10:00 AM
Bunk Moreland

vCash: 50
GDT is now up!

Closed Thread