HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Notices

The Great Lightning Card Quest

Closed Thread

Old
07-24-2009, 02:50 AM
CaptBrannigan

vCash: 500
The Great Lightning Card Quest

Hey everybody, I just wanted to post a link to my brand new blog for you all to look at. Basicially, it is a journal of my attempt to compile a complete, all-time, roster of Lightning player cards. Might seem a little odd to some, but what the heck, right? Read it, follow it, ignore it, trash it; whatever you please. It is my first ever blog and will also include other Lightning and hockey related posts. Anyway, thank you for looking.

http://lightcardquest.blogspot.com/

-Tom

Old
07-24-2009, 09:13 AM
Still All In
Plz stop pucks

Thats awesome man. I dig it.

Old
07-24-2009, 09:17 AM
Vagrant
The Czech Condor

Send a message via AIM to Vagrant
I may actually be able to help you out with this. I have a ton of base cards around that I have no use for. If i'm able to get some together, i'll shoot you a PM and get your address and send them over if that's okay.

Old
07-24-2009, 09:17 AM
Still All In
Plz stop pucks

I have boxes of them too... I don't know if I have any rookie cards, but i'll certainly look.

Old
07-24-2009, 09:32 AM
CaptBrannigan

Wow, thanks for the offer guys. I'd feel a little guilty simply taking them but I'm sure something could be worked out. My next posting was going to be a spreadsheet of who I do and don't have, which I will post here as well. Thanks again for the offer.

Old
07-24-2009, 09:51 AM
CSampson

Oh man I have a bunch of old Lightning player cards, maybe if you're missing some I'll ship them over to ya.

Old
07-24-2009, 10:31 AM
Still All In
Plz stop pucks

Psh, i'm easy. Buy me a pint when you're in Tampa sometime and you're welcome to some of the cards.

Old
07-24-2009, 10:58 AM
CaptBrannigan

Actually, I am in Tampa. I went to Toronto earlier this month and forgot to edit that location thing back until you mentioned it.

Old
07-24-2009, 03:48 PM
brymel
HFBoards Sponsor

I have boxes of them. I also have a lot of older ones. PM me a list of what you need, and I'll sort through mine and send them to you. Anything for the cause...

Old
07-24-2009, 04:30 PM
DaveG
Mod Supervisor
RIP Kev

vCash: 445
I have some stuff from the mid 90s, including an Enrico Ciccone Lightning card by Upper Deck. Why Upper Deck would make a card of Enrico Ciccone I have absolutely no idea, but I have one if you need it for the collection.

Old
07-24-2009, 10:05 PM
CaptBrannigan

Again, thanks for the interest and offers to help. I'm quite shocked at the offers to pitch in actually. I'm hoping to get a complete checklist posted here by Sunday afternoon, but it depends on how busy work is tomorrow. A new beginner league is starting up at our rink tomorrow and that means working until 11.

Old
07-26-2009, 09:59 PM
CaptBrannigan

Update

Well I have gone through all of my various boxes and stacks and I am off to a better start then I thought. I have 149/287 players, 52%. So nothing done, halfway there! lol

I have attached two .txt files. The first one is a list of the players I do not have. The second one is a list of players that I do have, but as a member of another team. (No big whoop about that, I was just on an Excel list-sorting kick.)

-Tom
Attached Files
File Type: txt Lightning No Have.txt‎ (2.2 KB, 12 views)
File Type: txt Lightning Different Team.txt‎ (255 Bytes, 6 views)

Old
07-27-2009, 08:23 AM
Still All In
Plz stop pucks

I have a *****in' Petr Klima card.

Yeah, that just happened.

Old
07-27-2009, 08:28 AM
Bish please
Kick in the grass

vCash: 169
Send a message via MSN to Bish please
I'll look at my cards when I get home, I used to buy the team packs so I'm sure to have some of the early players.
Posted via Mobile Device

Old
07-27-2009, 02:24 PM
DangleDoppler

I went through this same thing earlier this year... I was going card crazy on Ebay... Only though you said you wouldn't spend more than 2dollars for cards i was just bidding it up for sets...

Do your player cards have to be with the lightning? Or can they be with other teams because I know that a lot of those players probably don't have player cards with the lightning.

I have a lot of cards where it's marked Lightning that the player is with, but they are wearing a different jersey like the Matt Carle card...

Old
07-28-2009, 09:35 PM
CaptBrannigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobsled Gainey View Post
I have a *****in' Petr Klima card.

Yeah, that just happened.
Ah, Petr Klima, he of the spiral tape job and egg shell helmet. To say nothing of his prominent schnozz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangleDoppler View Post
I went through this same thing earlier this year... I was going card crazy on Ebay... Only though you said you wouldn't spend more than 2dollars for cards i was just bidding it up for sets...

Do your player cards have to be with the lightning? Or can they be with other teams because I know that a lot of those players probably don't have player cards with the lightning.

I have a lot of cards where it's marked Lightning that the player is with, but they are wearing a different jersey like the Matt Carle card...
No, they don't have to be with the Lightning. I'd prefer it but it's no big deal. Like your example of Matt Carle, many players simply do not have a Lightning card. Wade Flaherty is like this, his only Lightning card is a horizontally oriented jersey card.

I'm not above spending $2, I just have yet to spend more than $2 per card. Buying lots is something I've looked into.

Closed Thread