HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Proposal: PIT-MTL

View Poll Results: Do you trade Jordan Staal for the K-Bros
Done 86 47.25%
Nope 96 52.75%
Voters: 182. You may not vote on this poll

Old
07-26-2009, 01:02 PM
Kimota
Three Bananas

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pam19 View Post
I think you over-evaluate Staal a little bit.

I would not exchange the following players 1 on 1 for Staal :
  • Markov.
  • Cammalleri.
  • Price.
  • Gomez.
I meant forwards. And I would take Staal over Gomez and Camma just because young, talented centers with size is something we've been looking for, for ages. Heck Gomez is not something ANY fans would want. We took him because we have no one else.

Kimota is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2009, 08:51 PM
JrHockeyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Culloden View Post
It absolutely does.

Friends with a member of organized crime is completely different than underage drinking. Hanging out with a member of organized crime is a slippery slope and in general is just not a good business practice.

Completely different from gettin arrested at your brothers bachelor party.
Completely different until you cross the border into the US of A and the man asks that question:

"Have you ever been arrested?" They aren't usually interested in the long story if the answer is yes

As far as I am aware, "knowing" somebody isn't a crime. Is it?

But yeah sure, in the interests of Staal purity we'll all say he is a great kid and vouch for him. But meanwhile the Bros are tainted for life because they know somebody. Never arrested or charged with anything, but judge Culloden knows the whole story.

Seriously though. you read a story in the paper. You assumed more than what you read. So get off the high horse already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwishihadacup View Post
Man!! I invited a guy over at my house for some study 4 years ago, then I heard that guy was selling drugs, we keep talking and exchanging e-mails since then...

holy ****, I better find myself an abandonned barn in a forest somewhere in northern saskatchewan
Was his name Nunzio? Swell guy until he got mixed up with the wrong people. I hear he knew the Kostitsyn's. Tragic story.

Say hi for me

PS: Better ask who owns the barn first

Last edited by Habs10Habs: 07-27-2009 at 12:08 AM.
JrHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2009, 11:13 PM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
Iron Proficient

Quote:
Originally Posted by pam19 View Post
So he did 49 points last year with 23rd TOI in the league and you see him jumping to a ppg wih better linemates?
Remains to be proven.
I didn't ever say that. I took issue with the statement that he would have an advantage by playing against the opposition's 2nd PK unit when he was on his team's 2nd PP unit. I've never, ever heard of anybody making that claim.

Quote:
Looking at him during the finals, I don't remember seing that in him. And trust me, I was totally for the Pens during the finals so I was hoping for Staal to score so much: he did 3 points in the final.
1) Staal's primary objective in the playoffs wasn't to score, it was to defend well and establish the forecheck and cycle. He did both wonderfully.

2) The goals Staal scored were at absolutely critical junctures in the series. He brought offense when the team needed it most.

3) Bobby Ryan scored exactly 3 points against the Wings in this year's playoffs...but without any defensive responsibility, and playing with Getzlaf and Perry instead of Cooke and Kennedy. And he's a year older.

Quote:
Between Jan 20th 2008 and March 3rd 2008, Crosby was injured, Staal improved his stats to 9 points in 18 games. So that's 41 points in 82 games.
That's Staal playing second line.
That was also in a sophomore slump year. I'm not sure how that's any more relevant to this discussion than Ryan's '07-'08 season.

Quote:
Even in Peterborough, where Staal physicality was giving him a bigger edge than in NHL, his best season was 40 points in 68 games.
Now you're talking about a player's draft year numbers?

Quote:
At this point, I see Staal getting 50-60 points on a regular basis given better linemates. Jumping to ppg is hype.

If you remove your pink glasses, you will see that too.
Wherever you look, everything fits.
Well, you refuted a claim I never made. Good for you.

Quote:
Now saying that Staal is better than any Habs player...
Can you admit that this was a sentence in a spur of a moment.
Who on earth do you think I am?

Quote:
BTW, I would love to see Staal with us but it won't happen because there is way too much hype for Staal in Pits.
You're right about this, anyway.

Last edited by Rowdy Roddy Peeper: 07-26-2009 at 11:26 PM.
Rowdy Roddy Peeper is offline   Reply With Quote