HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Would you trade a pick for Pogge?

Old
07-26-2009, 11:43 AM
KaptainKanada

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blasted_Sabre View Post
Well whats he supposed to do? Of couse hes going to ask for a lot.

"Ya, we'll take a seventh for him"
How about five bucks and some beerbottles.Let TO keepem.

KaptainKanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2009, 02:05 PM
Blind Gardien
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
See, I would have thought that there was no reasons to get a goalie with a 5th pick since you have a goalie like Theodore in your ranks.

At one point, who says that Halak won't be asking for a trade in the near future. To me, Halak believes he can be a #1. What remains to be seen, probably for him as well, is if he's able to get that #1 spot in Montreal and it will all depend on Price's dedication for that spot. If so, I wouldn't be surprised to see Halak asking for a trade. Then, depending if it's done this year or next year, well Sanford does fit the #2 spot. But he did sign only for 1 year and is not exactly the "typical" Habs goalie with them drafting Price, Missiaen and Simila lately. But if Halak is trade this year to improve our team, Sanford goes up so what kind of tandem will you be having in Hamilton then? Desjardins and Mayer? With clearly Mayer not ready to take that spot. And with people still questioning Desjardins' consistency.

I just envision Halak asking for a trade in the near future. And we don't know if Sanford will be signing a long-term contract to be Price's backup for years to come, neither do we know if the Habs will be interested in doing so.

I guess it would be tough to sell to Desjardins that he's going to Cincy for now but should comeback later this year or next year. I guess he'll be asking to be move. My point though is that it's not because you have 3 NHL goalies in your ranks, that you can't make other moves....especially when 1 could be about to be traded, and while the other one is on a 1-year contract.
I was assuming that Burke meant he was going to try to trade Pogge THIS year. In which case all of our organizational spots are full up, and we say no thanks.

I don't think your scenario opens up until next season. And by then we'd just be able to sign Pogge (or a Pogge-like substitute... or two) for free if we really wanted one then.

None of which means we shouldn't use a #5 pick on a Price or accept a trade for some hot goalie prospect at the right price if such a trade came along. But again, that is a different situation than the Pogge one, where you're only looking at a project player whose potential is not remotely so high.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2009, 02:28 PM
hotcarle

Burke's idea of fair market value is Kessel and a first for Kaberle. I would stay away from him. Edmonton sure got fair market value for Pronger. Joffrey Lopul is a cornerstone of their franchise.

hotcarle is offline   Reply With Quote