HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Answer These 10 Questions about the Canadiens

Old
07-23-2009, 08:45 PM
the goalie man 31

vCash: 500
Answer These 10 Questions about the Canadiens

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eric-...diens/82/22259

1. Plekanec, Kostitsyn, Kostitsyn, Halak, and D’Agostini…Who is most likely to be traded?

2. Which signing or trade that Bob Gainey made this summer are you most excited about?

3. Out of the 11 Montreal Canadiens from last year that weren’t brought back, who will you miss the most?

4. Do you believe Carey Price has better insulation now, with the moves that Bob Gainey has made this summer?

5. Do you feel the Canadiens will offer exciting or boring hockey to watch, under Jacques Martin?

6. Who in your opinion is the most improved team in the Eastern Conference?

7. Who is the least improved or most deteriorated team in the Eastern Conference?

8. Which former Canadien will receive the coldest reception at the Bell Centre this year?

9. Does Sergei Kostitsyn have a place on this team?

10. Who should wear the “C”?

1. Sergei and Halak now that Sanford is in the picture
2. Cammalleri
3.Koivu or Kovalev
4.Yes
5. Exciting
6. Us or Islanders
7. Buffalo
8. Komisarek
9. No idea..
10. Markov

Have fun filling this out.

Last edited by the goalie man 31: 07-23-2009 at 09:15 PM.
the goalie man 31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2009, 08:48 PM
Vicious

Send a message via MSN to Vicious
1. Halak

2. Mike Cammalleri

3. Saku Koivu

4. Yes

5. As long as we win, I don't care.

6. Philadelphia

7. Can't think of one.

8. Komisarek

9. Yes

10. No one.

Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2009, 08:51 PM
Chris Cutter
Devil's Advocate

1. Plekanec, Kostitsyn, Kostitsyn, Halak, and D’Agostini…Who is most likely to be traded?
Halak
2. Which signing or trade that Bob Gainey made this summer are you most excited about?
Cammalleri
3. Out of the 11 Montreal Canadiens from last year that weren’t brought back, who will you miss the most?
Sakuuuuuu
4. Do you believe Carey Price has better insulation now, with the moves that Bob Gainey has made this summer?
Hell yes.
5. Do you feel the Canadiens will offer exciting or boring hockey to watch, under Jacques Martin?
Both, depends which team we're facing.
Philly.
7. Who is the least improved or most deteriorated team in the Eastern Conference?
Ottawa.
8. Which former Canadien will receive the coldest reception at the Bell Centre this year?
Komisarek, that SOB.
It all depends if he earns his spot at the training camp.
Nobody.

Chris Cutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2009, 08:52 PM
MonacoBlue

Pleks, Halak, Dags

Mike Cammalleri, Jaroslav Spacek

Saku Koivu and Chris Higgins

Veteran D and Jacques Martin - this team is being built around Price! In my mind, next season hinges on him.

That's up to the players. How many goals the Canadiens score will be a function of their effort and ability. Martin will demand that they play defensively, but he's not going to play an 0-5 trap with the personnel we have.

Philadelphia but they still need a good shutdown forward

Buffalo - their defense is WEAK. Florida will also miss Bouwmeester. Leopold and Reinprecht won't compensate for a top defenseman.

Komo - it's too bad because I liked him

Absolutely

No one. Go with four As. Failing that, Markov or Gionta.

MonacoBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2009, 08:53 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 152
1. Halak

2. Cammalleri

3. Oh captain, my captain

4. I do.

5. Winning is exciting no matter how it's done.

6. Too early to tell.

7. Too early to tell.

8. Thomas Vokoun

9. Yes

10. Markov

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2009, 08:57 PM
Habsfan18

1. Halak
2. Mike Cammalleri
3. Saku Koivu
4. Yes
5. As long as they win, I'll be happy. I'd obviously prefer an exciting style though. But if boring brings us wins, so be it.
6. Well, I like the changes we've made..so part of me wants to say us. But so I don't sound biased, I'll say maybe Philadelphia? Rangers have added strong pieces as well.
7. Can't really think of anyone. Ottawa potentially losing Heatley is huge. But I'm sure they'll get some strong pieces back.
8. Mike Komisarek
9. Depends how he does in camp
10. If he wants it, Markov. If not, Cammalleri or Hamrlik?

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2009, 08:57 PM
WhiskeySeven
Bustchenyuk

Kostitsyns and Halak

Mike Calamari

Kovalev

No? I don't understand the question.

Exciting hockey because we're playing a trap despite our skill not because we lack skill.

I seriously think it's the Habs; otherwise I'd say Philly, Ottawa (Secondary scoring you say?) or possibly Toronto if Beauchemin and Komisarek play to their potential (improved does NOT mean good for the record; Toronto is still a garbage team with garbage players. Even Beauchemin and Komisarek are over-rated and useless on a team without any offense)

Pittsburgh

Komisarek and a distant Begin

Yes. He's a talented passer, playmaker and skater. He just needs to tighten his head.

The person who can carry the team on their shoulders when they're going through the worst. I think Cammelleri can do it. I don't support a "No Capitan" team because we're an honourable franchise with a strong tradition and wearing the C on the CH is the second biggest non-competitive honour a hockey player can get IMO (First being a retired jersey, of course)

WhiskeySeven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2009, 08:59 PM
MonacoBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
1. Halak
2. Mike Cammalleri
3. Saku Koivu
4. Yes
5. As long as they win, I'll be happy. I'd obviously prefer an exciting style though. But if boring brings us wins, so be it.
6. Well, I like the changes we've made..so part of me wants to say us. But so I don't sound biased, I'll say maybe Philadelphia? Rangers have added strong pieces as well.
7. Can't really think of anyone. Ottawa potentially losing Heatley is huge. But I'm sure they'll get some strong pieces back.
8. Mike Komisarek
9. Depends how he does in camp
10. If he wants it, Markov. If not, Cammalleri or Hamrlik?
The Rags really addressed the goal scoring issue with Higgins, Gaborik and Kotalik. Kotalik can bomb them from the point too. I didn't list them, though, because I want to see how the Zherdev situation plays out before passing judgement.

MonacoBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2009, 08:59 PM
WeezyHabFan

[QUOTE=the goalie man 31;20534530]http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eric-...diens/82/22259

1. Halak
2. Cammy
3. Koivu
4. No
5. Exciting
6. Rangers
7. Sens
8. Komi hands down
9. **** yes
10. Markov

WeezyHabFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2009, 09:00 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

1.Halak
2.Mike Cammalleri
3.Alex Kovalev
4.Yes
5.Boring
6.Tampa Bay
7.Atlanta
8.Mike Komisarek
9.Yes, if he wants to.
10.The one who deserves it the most.

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2009, 09:00 PM
We Want The 25
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by the goalie man 31 View Post

1. Plekanec, Kostitsyn, Kostitsyn, Halak, and D’Agostini…Who is most likely to be traded? Halak and or Metropolit

2. Which signing or trade that Bob Gainey made this summer are you most excited about? Cammalleri

3. Out of the 11 Montreal Canadiens from last year that weren’t brought back, who will you miss the most? Kovalev

4. Do you believe Carey Price has better insulation now, with the moves that Bob Gainey has made this summer? yes

5. Do you feel the Canadiens will offer exciting or boring hockey to watch, under Jacques Martin? EXCITING we gonna finally have a team with system that competes hard and finally having a true sniper in cammalleri
6. Who in your opinion is the most improved team in the Eastern Conference? those Montreal Canadiens sure looks great

Florida

8. Which former Canadien will receive the coldest reception at the Bell Centre this year? Komisarek

9. Does Sergei Kostitsyn have a place on this team? YES hes a hell of a player hes gonna have a great season
10. Who should wear the “C”? Cammalleri

bold

We Want The 25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2009, 09:03 PM
WestIslander

Plekanec/Halak

Cammalleri

Koivu

Yes

No

Montreal

Pittsburgh

Komisarek

Yes, only if he cleans up his act and grows up!

No one, 3 A's until a leader is found after the season is done (only the inside of the room can make that decision)

WestIslander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2009, 09:04 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 152
D'agostini

mike cam

Saku Koivu

Doesn't make a dif, all i can say is he has more guys who have been winners and may teach him how to keep focused but nothing more.

Exciting

Can't tell

Can't tell

Out of the 11 who left? Komisarek

Yes, he needs to start the year in the ahl and understand nothing's free and earn his spot.

No one.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2009, 09:06 PM
Fire Everyone
Especially you

Either Kostitsyn. They're the only ones who have actual trade value.

Cammalleri

HM : Gionta

I don't know... nobody, really

Couldn't be worse

Excitingly boring

Philadelphia

They added a great defenseman

Toronto

They added a 4.5M pylon

Komisarek, hopefully

I guess... more than D'Agostini does anyway

It doesn't matter... it's nothing more than a letter

Fire Everyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2009, 09:07 PM
Bill McNeal

vCash: 50

Halak, hopefully in a move that makes the team better and not just because the two young goalies thing isn't working.

Mike Cammalleri.

Saku Koivu. Higgins too, but he was traded.

Yes, mostly because of the coaching change.

Probably "boring", but as long as they win I'll be excited.

Hard to say. Philly added an important piece in Pronger but still have no goaltending, the Isles added some nice players but I still don't think they'll make the playoffs (same with the Leafs) and Washington did some tweaking but I don't think they're much better than last year. I don't think there's a clear cut answer now.

Buffalo? Did they do anything this off-season? Not that inactivity is a sign of bad management, but they should have at least replaced Spacek. Florida also lost Jay-Bo without replacement.

Mike Komisarek, easily. It's going to be fun.

Maybe not at the beginning of the year, though there should be some interesting battles at camp.

Nobody yet. Let them play for a while, see who emerges.

Bill McNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2009, 09:09 PM
CrosbyCrosby*

1. Halak

2. Camel Larry

3. Koivu

4. No it's the fans fault

5. Will be less stupid like Carbo and Gainey with their meta-game and laraque on the first line for no reason.

6. Tampa

7. Senators

8. Komisarek

9. no

10. Camel Larry

CrosbyCrosby* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2009, 09:09 PM
whismer

Can someone explain me how Atlanta has not improved this summer?

They have lost Christensen and they have added Antropov, Kubina et maybe Evander Kane

They have a not so bad defense and an okay offense!

whismer

whismer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2009, 09:11 PM
vokiel
Nothing blind

01. Plekanec
02. Mike Cammalleri
03. Alexei Kovalev
04. No
05. Exciting
06. Montreal Canadiens
07. Florida Panthers
08. Mike Komisarek
09. No
10. Scott Gomez

vokiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2009, 09:12 PM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
Quote:
Originally Posted by the goalie man 31 View Post

1. Pleks, D'Ago and Halak
2. Cammalleri/Moen/Mara
3.Koivu
4.Yes
5. Exciting
6. Montreal, or Tampa, or Possibly Isles.
7. Buffalo
8. Komisarek
9. Yes he does, on the top 2 lines
10. Markov or Cammalleri in the not to distant future.

JHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2009, 09:15 PM
Analyzer*

vCash: 50
1) D'agostini
2) Cammalleri/Spacek/Mara, well pretty much them all
3) Koivu don't really care about anyone else
4) Yes. A lot of good, character guys.
5) Depends on who they play.
6) Philadelphia.
7) Hmm... New Jersey
8) Probably Komisarek
9) I believe so, yes, but it's hard to say. Depends who plays how good come training camp.
10) I'd say Markov, but if you notice he rarely ever does an interview and as a captain you need to do things like that, so I highly doubt he will be named captain.

Analyzer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2009, 09:17 PM
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby

1. Halak

2. Cammy

3. My Captain

4. Yes

5. Hard not to be an exciting team with the players we have

6. Probably the make-me-laughs if they can manage to get a Top-6 forward (or two)

7. Boston, they haven't changed jack and don't have a lot of cap room

8. Komisarek... it'll be ****ing nuts

9. Him and D'ago and Pacioretty have 2 spots to fight over

10. Gomez, Markov, Lapierre and Gorges with A's

RoyBoyCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2009, 09:21 PM
katatoniak

1. Halak
2. Cammaleri
3. Tanguay
4. YES!
5. Exciting!
6. Montreal
7. New York Rangers
8. K'HOMO
9. If he plays with his hearth
10. Nobody ... change every month or 4 A's

katatoniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2009, 09:36 PM
One Trick Pony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Railman View Post

Either Kostitsyn. They're the only ones who have actual trade value.

Cammalleri

HM : Gionta

I don't know... nobody, really

Couldn't be worse

Excitingly boring

Philadelphia

They added a great defenseman

Toronto

They added a 4.5M pylon

Komisarek, hopefully

I guess... more than D'Agostini does anyway

It doesn't matter... it's nothing more than a letter
How is Toronto the least improved.. especially when Philadelphia is the most improved only because they added Pronger..

One Trick Pony is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2009, 09:41 PM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
Quote:
Originally Posted by eliash View Post
How is Toronto the least improved.. especially when Philadelphia is the most improved only because they added Pronger..
Agreed, I think Buffalo or Atlanta, but even Atlanta nailed Antropov, and are trying to ink Kovalchuk. Buffalo has been silent. Toronto, I would even dare say they improved more then we did in the grand scheme of things. Look at their overall team now, to what it was before. Quite stellar. But then again so is ours so its hard to pick and choose.

JHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2009, 09:42 PM
badfish
Habs fan in SK

Plekanec (unfortunately)

Mike Cammalleri

Saku my captain

Absolutly

I remember the Ottawa teams being exciting. That being said, I remember Florida being brutal to watch.

For next season... Tampa Bay... they've already got decent forwards, but now they're good on defense too... playoff team? probably not. improved? it would appear so.

Toronto Maple Leafs. THey made good trades/signings, but Burke was snuffed by other free agents. It's not even that I have a hatred or bias against the leafs, but it just would look to me like they have a lot of similar diffensemen and a not very good forward corps. Who knows tho. I could be missing another team but they spring to mind.

Mike Komisarek, no doubt.

I think so

Cammalleri or Gomez would be who I think should.

badfish is offline   Reply With Quote