HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs: The Laughingstock of The League

Closed Thread

Old
07-25-2009, 11:00 AM
shutehinside

vCash: 500
Habs: The Laughingstock of The League

Found this and thought it would be fun to debate it:
http://insidehockey.com/blog/habs_rangers_play_fools

The host sounds like he has a major hate on for the Canadiens. Just thought I'd light a fire under the posters ass'

Old
07-25-2009, 11:12 AM
Slippy13

just another habs hater, nothing to see here.

Old
07-25-2009, 11:15 AM
The Gal Pals
Breaking Hab

Wow, this guy is just a big bowl of wrong. I don't even know where to start. Every single thing brought up is inaccurate.

Old
07-25-2009, 11:15 AM
bib
#believe

He's a Bruins fan what can you expect. With the amount of wishful thinking occurring over there, you'd think they were writing from the crotch of their local mall santa.

Old
07-25-2009, 11:16 AM
Flambergius

It seems to be one of those articles that is intentionally making overreaching statements to stand out.

Generally, they don't seem to understand the direction that Habs are going. Sure Habs were bad latter half of the last season, but as a franchise we're in much better shape that we've been since mid-90's. Wouldn't take their views about the Habs too seriously.

Though, they might be right, or close to, that Gainey doesn't have too much time left unless the results on the ice and in the standings improve.

Old
07-25-2009, 11:17 AM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by shutehinside View Post

The host sounds like he has a major hate on for the Canadiens. Just thought I'd light a fire under the posters ass'
You can tell he is badly informed as soon as he said Kovalev didn't want to re-sign, Kovalev did want to re-sign...the deal was taken off the table because of slow response on Kovy's agent.

If Montreal's "imploding" is more embarrassing than the Phoenix Coyotes situation or the Brian Lawton/Oren Koules/Len Barrie fiasco in Tampa Bay I must have missed a lot....and hasn't this franchise that is the leagues joke just sell for a record $630 million???

Mod edit:

Last edited by Habs10Habs: 07-25-2009 at 11:24 AM. Reason: Keep the personal comments out.
Old
07-25-2009, 11:20 AM
Habsfan18

In case anyone is wondering, that's the same guy who always posts those inside hockey radio threads that MAYBE 5 people in total actually care about.

Old
07-25-2009, 11:22 AM
BLONG7

Guys like this wrote this kind of stuff 2 years ago, predicted a 13th place finish, only for the Habs to finish 1st.... misinformed is an understatement...bulletin board material stuff!

Last edited by Habs10Habs: 07-25-2009 at 11:25 AM. Reason: Keep the personal comments out.
Old
07-25-2009, 11:26 AM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
Quote:
Originally Posted by shutehinside View Post

If I wanted to watch Hab Haters I'd go consult Milbury and McGuire.

Old
07-25-2009, 11:29 AM
Habs10Habs
Retired

vCash: 255
Just a warning to those that don't know. James Murphy is a registered poster here on HF.

What that means is he is covered by HF rules, the same way each one of us are.

You are more than welcome to agree or disagree with what he has written. Personal comments won't be tolerated.

Old
07-25-2009, 11:37 AM
Analyzer*

vCash: 50
Yes, Mr. Murphy, we did bring Scott Gomez in via free agency.

Old
07-25-2009, 11:42 AM
deandebean

Is that the same poster who spewed hate through out last season and is/was on Team1200???

Does anybody read him?

Old
07-25-2009, 11:43 AM
Bob in Niagara

The point is this team stunk last year and just about every player in the organization regressed...so we are fair game for criticism from our opponents...especially the Bruins...who beat us to submission with hardly a whimper...however...in saying that...the team's management and new ownership group decided that they needed to change the core of this team...leadership was called into question and deservedly so...therefore out with the old and in with the new...who knows if it will work or not...but they made a decision and now we will see how it turns out...I personally can't wait to see the start of the season...it will be interesting for sure...

Old
07-25-2009, 11:44 AM
Tuggy

vCash: 1484
We should care what this guy thinks because...?

And he says Canadiens fans aren't happy...that's strange because I don't see it that way.

Last edited by Habs10Habs: 07-25-2009 at 01:08 PM. Reason: Keep personal comments out.
Old
07-25-2009, 11:45 AM
Le Plouc

Laughing stock? How about the leafs in the last 10 years...how about the coyotes...how about tampa ?

What's this guy's Username on HF?

Old
07-25-2009, 11:46 AM
Gustave

This just pumps me up. Stupid comments all around and very inaccurate facts. Kovy didn't walk as in he decided he was finished with the Habs like Murph says. And Gomez was traded for.

Anyways, these guidos that think the Habs are lost are clueless. So Gomez's contract is a poor one. So what? He's still a very effective player. It's like people only focus on that like its the only move made by Gainey. News flash, we gave up one roster player for him. They are acting like Sather is this magician. I have one question for these types: Who's the number 1 centre on the Rags now? Drury or Dubinsky? Either way, good luck.

Slainte!

Old
07-25-2009, 11:47 AM
deandebean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Plouc View Post
Laughing stock? How about the leafs in the last 10 years...how about the coyotes...how about tampa ?

I think it's murph (something else after). He used to pimp his radio stints on the team990 all the time, until he got heckled by posters here. He got angry, became green and has been creating havoc on the Habs ever since.

Old
07-25-2009, 11:48 AM
deandebean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustave View Post
This just pumps me up. Stupid comments all around and very inaccurate facts. Kovy didn't walk as in he decided he was finished with the Habs like Murph says. And Gomez was traded for.

Anyways, these guidos that think the Habs are lost are clueless. So Gomez's contract is a poor one. So what? He's still a very effective player. It's like people only focus on that like its the only move made by Gainey. News flash, we gave up one roster player for him. They are acting like Sather is this magician. I have one question for these types: Who's the number 1 centre on the Rags now? Drury or Dubinsky? Either way, good luck.

Slainte!

That' the best

Old
07-25-2009, 11:48 AM
Tuggy

vCash: 1484
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Plouc View Post

http://hfboards.com/member.php?u=13759

Old
07-25-2009, 11:51 AM
Gustave

Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean View Post
[/B]

That' the best
Right back at you. Maybe hockeyscribe can come here and explain what it means. I have no idea but i will give him that; it is catchy.

Old
07-25-2009, 11:53 AM
number 11

what the ****? gainey went out and made more big moves than any GM during the offseason, completely re-tooled the team on offense and defense, picked up a legitimate superstar goalscorer, and we're a laughingstock? way to show your true colors jimmy. i can't wait to see the bruins and their magical lucky season a la habs 07-08 implode so we can get back to laughing at them like we have over the past 50 years.

Old
07-25-2009, 11:58 AM
PATCHESx67

Another poor blogger that nobody reads looking for attention lol

Old
07-25-2009, 11:59 AM
Gregarious

wow.... did anyone else notice he said ST. Louis was an original 6 team?

Old
07-25-2009, 11:59 AM
oli500

As a hab fan I get frustrated to hear how every time we sign ufa they are horible moves, The most frustrating thing is that You just dont hear these coments from outside guys like this fellow but these type of coments come also from are own reporters or montreal media and even are own fans. Its funny because if guys like gionta or cammaleri would of sign in toronto or boston every one would of agreed that it was a good move for there organisation and that its a step in the right direction. But for what ever reason these moves dont make any since for montreal and we are laughing stock of the league.

When I saw that gainey addid a potential of 80 goals in two guys I was happy and exited for the upcoming season. When I saw the bad press that these free agent addition got from some media people and fans alike I was disapointed and angry. No were else in the league would these aditions made such a negative reaction. Hell you just have to look at the leafs addition of komisarek at almost 5million. There in desparate need of some goal scorer and they spend 5 mill on a d and a goon and if you put all there free agent addition they dont have more than 6 goal from last year. Yet some one how there free agents addition are going to make them finish higher than the habs in most pre season reviews. I really dont get it some times.

Old
07-25-2009, 12:05 PM
beowulf
Not a nice guy.

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
As mentioned there is a ton of wrong with this first of all Gomez was not a free agent signing, Blues are far from an original six or traditional team. But from some of his posts in here it is obvious he is far from a Habs fan and does anything he can to bash the team. I think his true hockey knowledge is average at best.

Closed Thread