HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Hope Klesla is Okay

Closed Thread

Old
03-31-2004, 08:19 PM
X8oD

vCash: 500
Hope Klesla is Okay

Freak Accident

Maltby going for a great check. Good clean, Shoulder to Chest.

Problem was, right as Maltby made the check, the Bench door opened, and Klesla was Strung up.

NOT on purpose, As Maltby never saw the door open. but Man Klesla was strung up.

Old
03-31-2004, 08:22 PM
Liquidrage*

Was a nasty looking hit. He could have some serious damage in there.

Old
03-31-2004, 08:23 PM
X8oD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquidrage
Was a nasty looking hit. He could have some serious damage in there.
Nasty looking is an understatement.

I think his face actually hit the seat inside the bench, thats how wierd it was.

*EDIT* Shelley is out there and went right after Maltby... We may be seeing that test of the Coaches being responsible for players actions if this keeps up.

Old
03-31-2004, 08:23 PM
HockeyMan9

It's been a really tough season for Rusty, first he had a strained MCL in November. Comes back and about 19 games ago gets thrown into the boards by Scott Parker breaking his wrist. Misses 15 games, then has this happen during his third game back, I'd be very suprised to see him play again this season. He was in a lot of pain, just rode right into the corner of the door.

Old
03-31-2004, 08:25 PM
stu the grim reaper

get that kid a doctor
i hope hes ok

also, jody shelley needs to chill

Old
03-31-2004, 08:26 PM
Anthony*

rusty is glass

Old
03-31-2004, 08:28 PM
HockeyMan9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony
rusty is glass
Watch the replay of that hit or his other injuries this season, nothing he could do.

Old
03-31-2004, 08:29 PM
Ol' Dirty Chinaman*

Didn't the same thing happen to Magnus Arvedsson awhile back ?

He ended up with a ruptured kidney, so yeah -- its definately not good.

Old
03-31-2004, 08:30 PM
Vagrant
The Czech Condor

Send a message via AIM to Vagrant
Maltby has always been sneaky dirty, this one doesn't surprise me much at all. Here's hoping Klesla is alright.

Old
03-31-2004, 08:33 PM
X8oD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caniacforever
Maltby has always been sneaky dirty, this one doesn't surprise me much at all. Here's hoping Klesla is alright.
ofcorse it wasnt a dirty play though. So i dont understand.. Unless you are implying that by him being "sneaky dirty" that he had an agreement with I think it was McCarty who went off the ice, To Go off right before he did, so he could drive somebody into the door... Then I guess that would be sneaky dirty.

Old
03-31-2004, 08:40 PM
Vagrant
The Czech Condor

Quote:
Originally Posted by X8oD
ofcorse it wasnt a dirty play though. So i dont understand.. Unless you are implying that by him being "sneaky dirty" that he had an agreement with I think it was McCarty who went off the ice, To Go off right before he did, so he could drive somebody into the door... Then I guess that would be sneaky dirty.
Well, my reasoning behind saying that Maltby was sneaky dirty is that i've seen quite a few, "there was nothing he could do" plays out of Maltby that have injured players. You simply don't take a run at a player when he is in the vicinity of the bench door, especially if you can't see if it's open or not. There have been far too many incidents just like this one for a player with good conscience to try to edge a player into the boards at that particular place, much less go for a check.

I'm not trying to start a debate with Wings fans on the fairness of this hit, I just think it's dirty and i'd be saying the same thing had it been Erik Cole that did it. It just doesn't sit right with me, as i've seen the effects of this type of injury.

Old
03-31-2004, 08:44 PM
paxtang

I don't want to insinuate that it was a dirty hit, as there is no way to know. But by saying that the door just openend as the Klesla went into it isn't very true, as the door was open before Draper hit him. No way to know it was dirty, but Shelley had every right to do what he did (which wasn't much, he simply went over to Draper and yelled at him, and Draper did his normal whiney thing that he does after every iffy hit instead of backing them up).

side note: for someone whose sn is stu the grim reaper, you'd think you'd be a little less critical of jody shelly simply talking to someone.

Old
03-31-2004, 08:46 PM
CBJSlash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony
rusty is glass

I hope you are being sarcastic, you obviously didn't see what happend.

Old
03-31-2004, 08:46 PM
detredWINgs

Roenick gets his jaw blasted off by a shot-must be a dirty play...

Old
03-31-2004, 08:47 PM
X8oD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caniacforever
You simply don't take a run at a player when he is in the vicinity of the bench door, especially if you can't see if it's open or not. .
Well, thats a position to take that really cant be debated anywho. I mean if Maltby or any hockey player has to think about a door being opened or the potential for it to be before he makes a hit, you mine as well Stop making hits all together. Because there are doors all over the boards.

Old
03-31-2004, 08:47 PM
detredWINgs

Quote:
Originally Posted by paxtang
I don't want to insinuate that it was a dirty hit, as there is no way to know. But by saying that the door just openend as the Klesla went into it isn't very true, as the door was open before Draper hit him. No way to know it was dirty, but Shelley had every right to do what he did (which wasn't much, he simply went over to Draper and yelled at him, and Draper did his normal whiney thing that he does after every iffy hit instead of backing them up).

side note: for someone whose sn is stu the grim reaper, you'd think you'd be a little less critical of jody shelly simply talking to someone.
You obviously didn't watch the game. It wasn't Draper. Draper is a pretty clean player. Know your hockey before you go spouting. Draper doesn't whine that much either.

Old
03-31-2004, 08:48 PM
X8oD

Quote:

Maltby, not Draper

name the last iffy hit Maltby threw. Since you seem to know he whines after every one.

Old
03-31-2004, 08:49 PM
jstreim

Quote:
Originally Posted by detredWINgs
Roenick gets his jaw blasted off by a shot-must be a dirty play...

Klesla was being pushed from behind, making it a dirty play, players get checked head-first into the boards all of the time without penalties, and this was the same situation. If the door wasn't open, Klesla would have been fine. The hit wasn't that heavy either, just bad timing.

Old
03-31-2004, 08:50 PM
detredWINgs

Come on. The fact that this guy gets Draper confused with Maltby proves he watches next to zero Red Wings hockey. And if he doesn't watch any, then he shouldn't be passing judgements.

Old
03-31-2004, 08:51 PM
X8oD

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstreim
Klesla was being pushed from behind, making it a dirty play, players get checked head-first into the boards all of the time without penalties, and this was the same situation. If the door wasn't open, Klesla would have been fine. The hit wasn't that heavy either, just bad timing.
The check wasnt from behind. The check hit him in the chest, MAYBE the front shoulder. But it definetly wasnt from behind.

Old
03-31-2004, 08:55 PM
detredWINgs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstreim
Don't make Klesla out to be the victim here. He cross-checked Yzerman a good 3 or 4 times, knocked him down, etc. The wings got plenty of penalties to suffice for this game.

The thing that bothers me about hits like this are that nothing ever gets mentioned about the rest of the game. Nobody mentions how Yzerman gets hooked/leveled about 30 feet from the EN where he would've easily put the game away. Easy penalty to call, then they call Lidstrom of all people for a hook on Nash's ARM that makes his FEET go out from underneath of him?? How big is this kid again??

Can't complain about the officiating from a Columbus point of view when the penalties were 7 to 1 in favor of Columbus.

Old
03-31-2004, 08:56 PM
Vagrant
The Czech Condor

Quote:
Originally Posted by detredWINgs
Don't make Klesla out to be the victim here. He cross-checked Yzerman a good 3 or 4 times, knocked him down, etc. The wings got plenty of penalties to suffice for this game.
You do realize you're providing a motive for the people who believe the hit was intentional, correct?

Old
03-31-2004, 09:01 PM
jstreim

Quote:
Originally Posted by X8oD
The check wasnt from behind. The check hit him in the chest, MAYBE the front shoulder. But it definetly wasnt from behind.

umm yes... it was. The corner of the boards hit him in the chest. It really isn't that big of a deal, I don't see how I could possibly be making him out to be the victim. I said that if the door was closed, Klesla wouldn't have gotten hurt and nobody would be making too big a deal about this.

Last edited by jstreim: 03-31-2004 at 09:28 PM.
Old
03-31-2004, 09:16 PM
paxtang

Woops, accidently put Draper instead of Maltby, must mean I didn't watch the game and havent' seen either. I mean, just because it was also mentioned several times who made the hit on this thread, and I could have just read it and made up my post, nope I didn't see the hit and have never seen Maltby play. Brain farts never happen.

Maltby plays a physical game that occasionally goes over the edge, talks a lot of ****, and never backs it up. Whats the big deal?

Old
03-31-2004, 09:19 PM
detredWINgs

Quote:
Woops, accidently put Draper instead of Maltby, must mean I didn't watch the game and havent' seen either. I mean, just because it was also mentioned several times who made the hit on this thread, and I could have just read it and made up my post, nope I didn't see the hit and have never seen Maltby play. Brain farts never happen.

Maltby plays a physical game that occasionally goes over the edge, talks a lot of ****, and never backs it up. Whats the big deal?
What makes me think you don't know what you're talking about is that you said "Draper started to whined like he usually does" or something to that effect. Draper isn't anymore of a whiner than any other player in this league. Maltby is the whiner. That would make somebody think you don't know what you're talking about...

Closed Thread