HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Breaking down the contenders

Closed Thread

Old
03-31-2004, 08:47 PM
swflyers8*

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to swflyers8*
Breaking down the contenders

Quest for the Cup

Old
03-31-2004, 08:58 PM
Goalie27*

Send a message via AIM to Goalie27*
Interesting how they have Raycroft as a reason the Bruins will win while everyone here seems to think he's the reason they'll lose...

Old
03-31-2004, 10:14 PM
Karl Pilkington

I liked this quote:

"...the 23-year-old rookie could be following Patrick Roy's blueprint to superstardom."

All hail King Raycroft

One season in the NHL, and they're saying he could be following in the NHL's best ever goalie Patrick Roy's footsteps... too soon to say something like that.

Old
03-31-2004, 10:16 PM
Raging Bull

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseTheo
I liked this quote:

"...the 23-year-old rookie could be following Patrick Roy's blueprint to superstardom."

All hail King Raycroft

One season in the NHL, and they're saying he could be following in the NHL's best ever goalie Patrick Roy's footsteps... too soon to say something like that.
I agree. But I'm not one of those people writing him off either. I'm sure he'll do just fine in the playoffs.

Old
03-31-2004, 10:26 PM
Egil

I don't think Bostons defensive play will do fine in the playoffs, which is going to make Raycroft look not very good, even if he is playing really well.....

Old
03-31-2004, 11:03 PM
Charge_Seven

I believe the article is talking about Raycroft IF he keeps playing as he is. The question I ask, is will he. I do hope he can turn intro a franchise guy fort he bruins, that'd be great, but I still have my doubts, and they will not be answered til he wins a round FOR the Bruins, not wins one with them. THat being said, I do not expect him to be a flop in the playoffs, he's just no Brodeur, or Belfour, or Roy, as they claim he is...it's THN, don't take them seriously...I think if I play NHL 2004 playoffs on PS2 the winner in my game has a better shot than whoever THN chooses.

Old
03-31-2004, 11:38 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goalie27
Interesting how they have Raycroft as a reason the Bruins will win while everyone here seems to think he's the reason they'll lose...
All right, let's just settle for: he's the reason why they'll win or lose.

Old
03-31-2004, 11:39 PM
Cap'n Flavour

Send a message via ICQ to Cap'n Flavour Send a message via MSN to Cap'n Flavour
"When concussion symptoms pushed Stevens to the sidelines, New Jersey had an 20-9-9-1 record. Since then? 21-15-3-1. Doesn't exactly appear to be a team that's ready for another ring-fitting."

I'm no fan of New Jersey... but that's 50 points in 39 games compared to 46 in 40. It's not as if they fell off the face of the Earth and isn't Stevens set to come back soon anyways?

Also, I don't see how Boston's defense isn't as much of a sticking point as Toronto's supposedly is. The B's have been just as reliant on Raycroft making key saves and bailing them out as the Leafs have with Belfour; they allow more shots and have a slightly worse goal differential which is sure to make hockey geniuses like TSN's Scott Cullen take a second look.

Closed Thread