HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Smurf You, Bruins.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-01-2004, 09:32 AM
  #1
chicpea*
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 8,613
vCash: 500
Smurf You, Bruins.

I'm curious anyway. What do you Bruins fans have against smurfs anyway?!

Maybe it's because The Smurfs were smaller than the evil (and perpetually losing) Gargamel and his cat, Azriel (between who, if you ask me, there was an obvious, if understated, sexual tension). Or maybe it's because, despite their stature, the Smurfs worked as a *team* to overcome the injustices and traps laid by Gargamel? Or maybe it's because they have a different colour of skin? Is prejudice the thinly veiled cause of your animosity towards them?
Anyways, Sm*rf You!


edit: doesn't Gargamel look like the prototypical child molester: http://coisa.im.ufba.br/~carol/fotos/gargamel.jpg


Last edited by chicpea: 04-01-2004 at 09:38 AM.
chicpea* is offline  
Old
04-01-2004, 09:37 AM
  #2
BruinsGirl
Registered User
 
BruinsGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Bruinsville, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 5,159
vCash: 500
Would you say the same things during gathering of B's fans in Vancouver? :lol


(Remember ..You promised not to outnumber them.)

BruinsGirl is offline  
Old
04-01-2004, 09:45 AM
  #3
Darz
Registered User
 
Darz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Where's the ANY key?
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,377
vCash: 500
I think alot of the problems with Bruin fans is they are quite dumb and generally very ugly:

Exhibit A:
JOHNNY V

Oh yes, and of course they are also very jealous and bitter because of all the habs success and the fact that we consistantly beat them in the playoffs.


Outside of these factors of course, they are swell people.

Darz is offline  
Old
04-01-2004, 09:49 AM
  #4
bb_fan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: boston
Posts: 8,600
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darz
I think alot of the problems with Bruin fans is they are quite dumb and generally very ugly:

Exhibit A:
JOHNNY V

Oh yes, and of course they are also very jealous and bitter because of all the habs success and the fact that we consistantly beat them in the playoffs.


Outside of these factors of course, they are swell people.

when u make it that is...........

bb_fan is offline  
Old
04-01-2004, 10:01 AM
  #5
BruinsGirl
Registered User
 
BruinsGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Bruinsville, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 5,159
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darz
I think alot of the problems with Bruin fans is they are quite dumb and generally very ugly:

Exhibit A:
JOHNNY V

Oh yes, and of course they are also very jealous and bitter because of all the habs success and the fact that we consistantly beat them in the playoffs.


Outside of these factors of course, they are swell people.
I AM NOT UGLY! :lol

BruinsGirl is offline  
Old
04-01-2004, 10:05 AM
  #6
Gee Wally
Retired
 
Gee Wally's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: HF retirement home
Country: United States
Posts: 32,810
vCash: 500
Awards:
and I'm not dumb !!!

well..maybe a little slow...



__________________

BOSTON STRONG !!!

Go Team Hoyt !
Gee Wally is online now  
Old
04-01-2004, 10:22 AM
  #7
Darz
Registered User
 
Darz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Where's the ANY key?
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,377
vCash: 500
Just curious...why would the Bruins fans still refer to the habs as the smurfs. If you look at our roster size versus the bruins roster size they are very, very close. These numbers reflect the players that played for each team intheir last game:

Montreal forwards average - 6'1" 198 lbs
Montreal defenseman average - 6'3" 216 lbs
Montreal average player from the last game - 6' 1 1/2" 204 lbs

Boston forward average - 6'1" 201lbs
Boston defenseman average - 6'3" 225 lbs
Boston average player from the last game - 6' 1 3/4" 209 lbs.

...and remember that Boston's numbers are warped because Hal Gill is 18 feet tall and about 700 lbs, so.....

Darz is offline  
Old
04-01-2004, 10:25 AM
  #8
HABitude
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Laprairie, dans la belle Province
Posts: 2,561
vCash: 500
Boston is also the capital of the beans. Huummm, they are yummy but they cause some ... prrrrrtttt!! :lol

... Anyway, beans = Mr. Bean, talking of dummy... :lol

HABitude is offline  
Old
04-01-2004, 10:26 AM
  #9
BruinsGirl
Registered User
 
BruinsGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Bruinsville, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 5,159
vCash: 500
Darz... I don't know..

We kind of got used to it.

BruinsGirl is offline  
Old
04-01-2004, 10:26 AM
  #10
Jean_Jacket41
Neely = HOF
 
Jean_Jacket41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: With the smurfs
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,634
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darz
Just curious...why would the Bruins fans still refer to the habs as the smurfs. If you look at our roster size versus the bruins roster size they are very, very close. These numbers reflect the players that played for each team intheir last game:

Montreal forwards average - 6'1" 198 lbs
Montreal defenseman average - 6'3" 216 lbs
Montreal average player from the last game - 6' 1 1/2" 204 lbs

Boston forward average - 6'1" 201lbs
Boston defenseman average - 6'3" 225 lbs
Boston average player from the last game - 6' 1 3/4" 209 lbs.

...and remember that Boston's numbers are warped because Hal Gill is 18 feet tall and about 700 lbs, so.....
...and remember, Mtl forwards numbers are warped cause of langdon and Pierre "i'm so soft" Dagenais...
Its not always the height and the weight of a player... Its how he plays. Your "biggests" players are in fact Bégin, Ryder and Dowd. Other than that, Mtl forwards are very soft... You should know better your team....

You can still pray to finish 8th and start against TB if you want to play more than 5 games in the playoffs...

Jean_Jacket41 is online now  
Old
04-01-2004, 10:33 AM
  #11
BruinsGirl
Registered User
 
BruinsGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Bruinsville, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 5,159
vCash: 500
And don't forget Komisarek is 6'5"...But he isn't regular yet, is he?

Sorry..I checked your page:

Quintal 6'3"
Dykhuis 6'4"
Rivet 6'3"
Souray 6'4"
Brisbois 6'2"
Boillion 5'8"
Markov 6'0"

You are right...Strangely enough you can't tell it on the ice.


Last edited by BruinsGirl: 04-01-2004 at 10:40 AM.
BruinsGirl is offline  
Old
04-01-2004, 10:38 AM
  #12
chicpea*
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 8,613
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsGirl
And don't forget Komisarek is 6'5"...But he isn't regular yet, is he?
We have him back on bran so no worries there.

chicpea* is offline  
Old
04-01-2004, 10:50 AM
  #13
Moumni_Bachir
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Posts: 936
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Moumni_Bachir
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsGirl
And don't forget Komisarek is 6'5"...But he isn't regular yet, is he?

Sorry..I checked your page:

Quintal 6'3"
Dykhuis 6'4"
Rivet 6'3"
Souray 6'4"
Brisbois 6'2"
Boillion 5'8"
Markov 6'0"

You are right...Strangely enough you can't tell it on the ice.
Dykhuis 6-4?

Pouhahaha

Moumni_Bachir is offline  
Old
04-01-2004, 10:54 AM
  #14
Darz
Registered User
 
Darz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Where's the ANY key?
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,377
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean_Jacket41
...and remember, Mtl forwards numbers are warped cause of langdon and Pierre "i'm so soft" Dagenais......
Langdon was NOT included in those numbers, so.....


Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean_Jacket41
...You can still pray to finish 8th and start against TB if you want to play more than 5 games in the playoffs...
No, most hab fans hope that we play the Bruins, because we ALWAYS beat the Bruins. I don't have to bring up the history between the two, do I? Or how two years ago, our soft, small team wasn't going to be able to handle the big, bad bruins, and then we handed you your ***** on a plater!

Darz is offline  
Old
04-01-2004, 11:00 AM
  #15
HABitude
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Laprairie, dans la belle Province
Posts: 2,561
vCash: 500
I believe the BB will play golf soon after 1rst round and you might know they have to hit the ball wherever the ball is. ...lol

HABitude is offline  
Old
04-01-2004, 11:03 AM
  #16
Jean_Jacket41
Neely = HOF
 
Jean_Jacket41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: With the smurfs
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,634
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darz
Langdon was NOT included in those numbers, so.....




No, most hab fans hope that we play the Bruins, because we ALWAYS beat the Bruins. I don't have to bring up the history between the two, do I? Or how two years ago, our soft, small team wasn't going to be able to handle the big, bad bruins, and then we handed you your ***** on a plater!
Always like last time or last 5 times or alltime? History is on your side, i agree altough since 88, the Bruins only lost once in the playoffs against Mtl and it was 2002 before your team came back on earth against the Canes... Surprises exists.

Good chance for your futur upsets... You'll need plenty...

Jean_Jacket41 is online now  
Old
04-01-2004, 11:36 AM
  #17
BruinsGirl
Registered User
 
BruinsGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Bruinsville, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 5,159
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darz
Langdon was NOT included in those numbers, so.....




No, most hab fans hope that we play the Bruins, because we ALWAYS beat the Bruins. I don't have to bring up the history between the two, do I? Or how two years ago, our soft, small team wasn't going to be able to handle the big, bad bruins, and then we handed you your ***** on a plater!

Just so you know...It's a BAD KARMA to wish for a paticular opponent.

And I will make sure I'll find this thread when everything is said and done.

BruinsGirl is offline  
Old
04-01-2004, 12:51 PM
  #18
bb_fan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: boston
Posts: 8,600
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darz
Just curious...why would the Bruins fans still refer to the habs as the smurfs. If you look at our roster size versus the bruins roster size they are very, very close. These numbers reflect the players that played for each team intheir last game:

Montreal forwards average - 6'1" 198 lbs
Montreal defenseman average - 6'3" 216 lbs
Montreal average player from the last game - 6' 1 1/2" 204 lbs

Boston forward average - 6'1" 201lbs
Boston defenseman average - 6'3" 225 lbs
Boston average player from the last game - 6' 1 3/4" 209 lbs.

...and remember that Boston's numbers are warped because Hal Gill is 18 feet tall and about 700 lbs, so.....
funny, but following the last few B's draft, size has me concearned a bit.......ut it still sounds good

bb_fan is offline  
Old
04-01-2004, 12:55 PM
  #19
bb_fan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: boston
Posts: 8,600
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HABitude
I believe the BB will play golf soon after 1rst round and you might know they have to hit the ball wherever the ball is. ...lol

whats that, the Habs team portrait?

bb_fan is offline  
Old
04-01-2004, 12:56 PM
  #20
chicpea*
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 8,613
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bb_fan
whats that, the Habs team portrait?
No, it's the typical Bruins fan's idea of "fore"play.

chicpea* is offline  
Old
04-01-2004, 01:08 PM
  #21
Harry
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Victoria BC
Posts: 206
vCash: 500
The habs fans are starting to sound like Leaf fans which is disappointing. Thought the habs had more class

Harry is offline  
Old
04-01-2004, 01:13 PM
  #22
Darz
Registered User
 
Darz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Where's the ANY key?
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,377
vCash: 500
I'm curious why so many Bruins fans chose to post and read threads here instead of their own board. I just checked out the Bruins board and I don't see a bunch of hab fans posting there???

Curious??

Can it be assume if you want to have interesting hockey talk, a bunch of Bruins fans is not the way to go???

Darz is offline  
Old
04-01-2004, 01:26 PM
  #23
BruinsGirl
Registered User
 
BruinsGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Bruinsville, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 5,159
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darz
I'm curious why so many Bruins fans chose to post and read threads here instead of their own board. I just checked out the Bruins board and I don't see a bunch of hab fans posting there???

Curious??

Can it be assume if you want to have interesting hockey talk, a bunch of Bruins fans is not the way to go???
Thank you for suggestion but all forums on HFBoards are public and not Montreal Canadiens private club...so basically any fan can post anything (not offensive) wherever he/she chooses to. You welcome to post on our forum and I absolutely sure if we started the topic with this title we would get the same or greater number of the posts from the Habs fans.

BruinsGirl is offline  
Old
04-01-2004, 01:31 PM
  #24
tritone
Registered User
 
tritone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Laval
Posts: 4,978
vCash: 500
Oh my god!!! Gargamel bares an uncanny resemblance to the Boston Bruins' coach!

tritone is offline  
Old
04-01-2004, 01:34 PM
  #25
Habber
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Saskatoon, Sask.
Posts: 2,030
vCash: 500
Remember the purple smurfs who would bite the other smurfs in the ass? They looked like they had some skills, maybe we should suit a couple of those SOB's up and watch Thornton run.

G'nap, g'nap.

Habber is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:01 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.