HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Will Dougie be back??? I hope so

Closed Thread

Old
03-31-2004, 10:35 PM
qwert

vCash: 500
Will Dougie be back??? I hope so

I hope gilmour comes back espically with nolan gone, i know we have alot of players but dougie would be beeter than half of them, dougie on 3 line.. wow.. i hope this happens

Old
03-31-2004, 10:37 PM
GoM

we don't have him on contract....

and I don't think we can sign people after the trade deadline anyway

Old
03-31-2004, 10:37 PM
Raging Bull

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwert
I hope gilmour comes back espically with nolan gone, i know we have alot of players but dougie would be beeter than half of them, dougie on 3 line.. wow.. i hope this happens
I think its pretty clear Gilmour is not comming back. I love Doug as much as the next guy, but lets face it, he's probably not going to show up anytime soon.

Old
03-31-2004, 10:39 PM
SensGod

Send a message via MSN to SensGod
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoM
we don't have him on contract....

and I don't think we can sign people after the trade deadline anyway
you can...look what the Devil's did with Parise.

As a reply to the earlier post...

If it was 1994 Gilmour...do it...but the matter of fact is we're in 2004...2003 Gilmour tripped over the blue line and ended his career...why would you want him a year after that?

Old
03-31-2004, 10:40 PM
GoM

Maybe it's different if the team owns the rights, a la Parise...I don't think we would have gotten Johansson otherwise

Anyway, my bed is calling me

Old
03-31-2004, 10:43 PM
Raging Bull

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensGod

If it was 1994 Gilmour...do it...but the matter of fact is we're in 2004...2003 Gilmour tripped over the blue line and ended his career...why would you want him a year after that?
He didn't trip over a blueline! He took a hit to the knee that buckled it back if memory serves me right.

Old
03-31-2004, 10:49 PM
richardn

I would love to see that. Dougie can still play, I don't understand why we never called him to play for us.

Old
03-31-2004, 10:57 PM
Raging Bull

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardn
I would love to see that. Dougie can still play, I don't understand why we never called him to play for us.
I guess Fergie just didn't see him in our plans, otherwise he would have signed him at the beginning of the year right? If he didn't sign him then, what makes everyone think he would think of signing him now (if thats possible)?

Old
03-31-2004, 11:00 PM
richardn

Quote:
Originally Posted by mogilny8989
I guess Fergie just didn't see him in our plans, otherwise he would have signed him at the beginning of the year right? If he didn't sign him then, what makes everyone think he would think of signing him now (if thats possible)?
Dougie is well rested and very fresh. I think he has probably kept himself very close to game shape all year. If we can still sign him I think it would be a good surprise.

Old
03-31-2004, 11:01 PM
TheZodiac

I love Dougie, but can we please stop asking him to come back.

Old
03-31-2004, 11:03 PM
Raging Bull

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardn
Dougie is well rested and very fresh. I think he has probably kept himself very close to game shape all year. If we can still sign him I think it would be a good surprise.
But with all the depth at center, where the heck would we put him? And like I said before, Fergie must not care for him if he didn't sign him at the beginning of the season.

Old
03-31-2004, 11:07 PM
richardn

Quote:
But with all the depth at center, where the heck would we put him? And like I said before, Fergie must not care for him if he didn't sign him at the beginning of the season.
I would Put Dougy on the fourth line with Fizzy and Stajan.

Old
03-31-2004, 11:09 PM
GD|eNSo

I would love to see him in some sort of managerial role. He is done as a player, I think.

Old
03-31-2004, 11:10 PM
richardn

I know its not going to happen, for me it is just wishfull thinking. It bothers me that he still wants to play and is not on the team. I feel so bad for him.

Old
03-31-2004, 11:12 PM
Raging Bull

Quote:
Originally Posted by emen|us
I would love to see him in some sort of managerial role. He is done as a player, I think.
He has said himself that's what he want's to do. But not coach.

Old
03-31-2004, 11:13 PM
Charge_Seven

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensGod

I've got to ask you, please never make a claim like that again. Gilmour's career was ended by a FREAK play, for whatever reason one of the Flames ran into his knee on the way into the Flames zone...Gilmour didn't have the puck...I'm still trying to figure out what that moron who hit him was thinking. It's insulting to hear someone twist the event that ended one of the greatest careers/stories in NHL history.

As far as why we'd want him...why did you guys want Ray? I guarantee Gilmour can put more pucks into the net, and be a much more positive acquisition than a burnt out announcer who never had much of a career anyways. I'm well aware Ray scored against us, but it was his first goal in over 2 years. Gilmour would at the very worst be insurance, and that's something the Leafs could use.

That being said, he's not coming back...but God that'd be special if he did.

Old
03-31-2004, 11:15 PM
GD|eNSo

Quote:
He has said himself that's what he want's to do. But not coach.
...But he would look awesome, behind the bench as an assistant coach. It would be as good as having him in the lineup.

Old
04-01-2004, 12:15 AM
Kemosabe

No...Gilmour's too young for this team - give him a few years...j/k

Seriously though, this gilmour stuff is getting a bit out of hand... I guarantee you if, god forbid, he got cut in half by being run over by a train within a month someone would suggest we sew him back together and put him on the fourth line...I understand we all love dougie - but he is done.

Old
04-01-2004, 12:52 AM
sandman08

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregStack
I've got to ask you, please never make a claim like that again. Gilmour's career was ended by a FREAK play, for whatever reason one of the Flames ran into his knee on the way into the Flames zone...Gilmour didn't have the puck...I'm still trying to figure out what that moron who hit him was thinking. It's insulting to hear someone twist the event that ended one of the greatest careers/stories in NHL history.

As far as why we'd want him...why did you guys want Ray? I guarantee Gilmour can put more pucks into the net, and be a much more positive acquisition than a burnt out announcer who never had much of a career anyways. I'm well aware Ray scored against us, but it was his first goal in over 2 years. Gilmour would at the very worst be insurance, and that's something the Leafs could use.

the dude on the flames (dave lowry i think) actually fell and was sliding .. killer either wasnt looking or didnt have the time to react (i do think it was the first one though since he was either looking for the pass or the puck) and got hit in the knee, thus doing all the damage etc

Old
04-01-2004, 05:59 AM
MatsSundin13

Send a message via MSN to MatsSundin13 Send a message via Yahoo to MatsSundin13
In the next few years on toronto sun headline

"Doug Gilmore the new GM of TML"

Old
04-01-2004, 06:31 AM
Patty Lee
I hate the Habs

Quote:
What the hell???

Old
04-01-2004, 06:38 AM
Augustus
HFBoards Sponsor

No Dougie for you. It would be a sad sight like Willie Mays playing centre field for the Mets when he was past 40 and misjudging foul balls.

Stay home. Let us remember you as the greatest player, for two years, who ever played for us.

Old
04-01-2004, 06:50 AM
Leaf Lander

Send a message via ICQ to Leaf Lander Send a message via MSN to Leaf Lander
Quote:

GOOD THOUGHT BUT NO

Old
04-01-2004, 06:53 AM
Leaf Lander

Send a message via ICQ to Leaf Lander Send a message via MSN to Leaf Lander
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregStack

YZERMAN WAS GIVEN TIME TO GET BACK INTO SHAPE TO PLAY THE GAME....WHY CNAT WE GIVE DOUGIE THAT TIME?

Old
04-01-2004, 07:14 AM
Charge_Seven

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman08
the dude on the flames (dave lowry i think) actually fell and was sliding .. killer either wasnt looking or didnt have the time to react (i do think it was the first one though since he was either looking for the pass or the puck) and got hit in the knee, thus doing all the damage etc
aye, Lowry, yes. Couldn't remember the bums name...lol

My memory of the play has Lowry backing into him about 2 feet from the blueline, his arse basically took out Dougies knee, but no it was not intentional. LIke I said, a Freak play.

Closed Thread