HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Here is your solution to fill out our top 6

Old
07-31-2009, 08:37 AM
echlfreak

vCash: 500
If they add Prospal then they should EXPECT to make the playoffs and win every night. IF they stick with the usual then they can HOPE to win every night and HOPE to make the playoffs. Poile's call

echlfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2009, 09:26 AM
DontCallPlayersStuds
It's weird and gross

from McCann:

Ek reported yesterday that the Predators have ďSERIOUS interest in Zherdev should the Rangers let him goĒ

Iím hearing things more along the lines of John Glennonís blog yesterday, that the Preds have a great deal of interest in Vinny Prospal.

Iím sure if Zherdevís price were right, the team may show some interest, but I donít see a hot pursuit if things fall like a lot of observers seem to think.

DontCallPlayersStuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2009, 11:00 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Serious interest could mean Poile is contemplating making a phone call to Zherdev's agent if the Rangers walk from arbitration. It sounds like a joke, but this is probably God's honest truth.....

07-31-2009, 12:58 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
from McCann:

Ek reported yesterday that the Predators have ďSERIOUS interest in Zherdev should the Rangers let him goĒ

Iím hearing things more along the lines of John Glennonís blog yesterday, that the Preds have a great deal of interest in Vinny Prospal.

Iím sure if Zherdevís price were right, the team may show some interest, but I donít see a hot pursuit if things fall like a lot of observers seem to think.
Zherdev is asking for $4.5M in arbitration. I have zero interest in him at that price tag.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2009, 01:01 PM
DontCallPlayersStuds
It's weird and gross

Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
Zherdev is asking for $4.5M in arbitration.
i was mainly posting to mention the Prospal part. The Zherdev thing is an Eklund rumor, and while McCann sees fit to play like Eklund actually has some pulse on things, I don't.

DontCallPlayersStuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2009, 02:03 PM
lightning_legwand*

Eklund is an Idiot. Should not ever be doing the job he has because he gets your hopes up and you think a deal may happen, but you are basing it purely on Eklunds own materialized lies!
Done with that one!!

Second,

I would muuuuuuuuch rather see Tanguay here than Zherdev. I think he is a better player, we could get him for cheap and will help us into the playoffs for sure!
When I said cheap, 3 mill, that is pretty cheap! He would for sure be our leading goal scorer by seasons end, is good defensively, can pass, score, play PP or PK, and has speed! Now if Poile is still thinking 3 mill is too much for a guy that will do all of that, then can you remind me of how much guys like Arnott, Dumont, Erat, and Legwand make???

I would settle for Prospal as well and see how he fairs on a one year deal for us. Still like Afino, but doubt thats happening.

As far as Comrie, Sykora, and Bertuzzi all go, I could go either way. None have put up GREAT stats recently, but are all gonna get us some points for sure. But if he want someone that will lift us into the playoffs and be the team leader in points possibly even more than Sully, get TANGUAY!!

Here is my wishlist in order,

1. Tanguay
2. Afinogenov
3. Prospal
4. Comrie
5. Sykora
6. Bertuzzi
7. Zherdev (because this is fiction, he will never sign here for that kind of money)

lightning_legwand* is offline   Reply With Quote