HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers Lines Poll 9 - 3rd Line RW

View Poll Results: 3rd Line RW
Enver Lisin 49 62.03%
Nikolai Zherdev 22 27.85%
Brian Boyle 0 0%
Donald Brashear 0 0%
Evgeny Grachev 7 8.86%
Dane Byers 0 0%
Tyler Arnason 0 0%
P.A. Parenteau 1 1.27%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Old
07-28-2009, 01:53 PM
captain9nyr
@captain9nyr

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to captain9nyr
Rangers Lines Poll 9 - 3rd Line RW

Rangers Lines/Depth Chart 2009-2010

Christopher Higgins - Brandon Dubinsky - Marian Gaborik
Sean Avery - Chris Drury - Ryan Callahan
Ales Kotalik - Artem Anisimov - TBD
TBD - TBD - TBD

TBD - TBD
TBD - TBD
TBD - TBD

Kotalik wins the spot to AA's left.

Finish the 3rd line. Choose the right wing.

Depending on the events of later this week, if a certain Russian player who will remain nameless happens to win any polls and subsequently becomes a free agent, we will re-poll that spot. If that spot is won by a player who has also won a spot, we'll also re-poll that spot as well.

It's important to note, as well, we're polling with the idea that the Russian player is on the roster, because right now, he is. We'll address the situation later on if it turns out differently.

captain9nyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2009, 02:08 PM
NYR Viper

Definitely Lisin, Zherdev will not be here and I wouldnt want him rubbing off on Anisimov.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2009, 02:14 PM
FutureGM97

Send a message via AIM to FutureGM97
This is a good spot for Lisin. I would definitely put him with Kotalik and Anisimov. Would be a very interesting line.

FutureGM97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2009, 02:36 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

looks like Lisin's spot but until he is off the team, i have to go with the 60 pt scoring Zherdev.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2009, 02:57 PM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by puckhead94 View Post

Ales Kotalik - Artem Anisimov - Lisin
In this scenario, the Drury line becomes the de facto checking/matchup line. It can work if the third line scores.

bobbop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2009, 03:38 PM
n_a_c

Based on the results so far, it seems that most people are voting assuming Zherdev is not on the team. Character/motivation issues withstanding, it is hard to believe an objective fan would pick 23 year old Lisin with 28 career points over 24/25 year old Zherdev with 239 career points.

Add me to that bucket - I didn't read the OP closely and assume he wont be on the team so I voted for Lisin. But if he is on the team, I would vote for him to play on this line with Anisimov. Note that others might have voted for him to play with Dubinsky or Drury.

So if Zherdev is on the team, all of these polls might be tainted. That's a shame.

n_a_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2009, 03:39 PM
BigCanada77
NYR in the Midwest

Send a message via AIM to BigCanada77
I picked Lisin, but I tried to vote for him last round and would've voted Kotalik this round. I would flip him and Kotalik, have Lis play left, Kot play right. How Z makes this team seems impossible right now, unless we make another trade, but with all the talks, I dont see a position we need to trade for someone to fill. With Z, we have one too many top 3 line wingers. If we do get a big center, where does that leave AA, who many ppl here have insane man crushes on. We have a log jam at defense... One too many signings this summer for my taste, unless we trade one more than we get back.

BigCanada77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2009, 03:53 PM
axleone
The Jukebox Junkie

Lisin here. I hope Torts gets this guy going so he can move up to get more minutes.

axleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2009, 03:57 PM
beastly115

I threw a sympathy vote Parenteau's way

beastly115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2009, 04:34 PM
captain9nyr
@captain9nyr

Lisin is starting to pull away. I think it's very telling of the direction this team is going to go on Friday that the top 9 has been put together and one prominent name hasn't sniffed a spot.

Old
07-28-2009, 05:47 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

I think Lisin will be on the LW and Kotalik on the RW, but 3rd line between AA for both looks good to me.

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2009, 05:50 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Lisin is starting to pull away. I think it's very telling of the direction this team is going to go on Friday that the top 9 has been put together and one prominent name hasn't sniffed a spot.
Honestly I doubt that has anything to do with talent. At this moment Zherdev has to be considered the better player. That Lisin is getting more votes is only due to the psychological component of Rangers fans who are coming to terms with him not being on the team next year. That's all it comes down to.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2009, 06:05 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 910
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Honestly I doubt that has anything to do with talent. At this moment Zherdev has to be considered the better player. That Lisin is getting more votes is only due to the psychological component of Rangers fans who are coming to terms with him not being on the team next year. That's all it comes down to.
That's what it is for me. I'd have him on the top line switched to the left side if I thought he was coming back.

nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2009, 07:15 PM
Fletch

bobop...

with Dubi's size, I think I'd rather him be the de facto checking centerman, with Drury playing with more offensive firepower as he is also better offensively that Dubi and shouldn't be put into a checking role. I think Dubi would actually look nice between Avery and Cally, and Gabby would look nice to Drury's left. Further, Drury is a much better finisher than Dubi and with that right-handed shot can get some quick ones off from Gaborik, who would be to his left. Just a thought.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2009, 07:45 PM
OverTheCap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
with Dubi's size, I think I'd rather him be the de facto checking centerman, with Drury playing with more offensive firepower as he is also better offensively that Dubi and shouldn't be put into a checking role. I think Dubi would actually look nice between Avery and Cally, and Gabby would look nice to Drury's left. Further, Drury is a much better finisher than Dubi and with that right-handed shot can get some quick ones off from Gaborik, who would be to his left. Just a thought.
The issue with Drury centering Gaborik is that Drury isn't much of a passer, and Gaborik himself said he prefers a a center who is a decent puckcarrier and can get him the puck easily.

Also, I don't think passing is Gaborik's forte, as he has routinely scored more goals than assists in his past few seasons. While I'm sure he is more than capable of setting up Drury, he isn't exactly a Jagr-type winger with superior passing skills. The main focus of the Gaborik line will be to feed him the puck so he can do his own thing.

Avery-Dubi-Cally would be a sweet line, though I think at least one of them would moved to a different line to add more balance and defensive stability throughout the lineup.

OverTheCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2009, 09:59 PM
darko

Doubt we see Zherdev back so Lisin has to be a pick here. Lisin has top-6 talent and he was on pace for 35+ points last season (20 goals) for Phoenix while playing with duds and spending time on 4th line at times. This guy is very talented and he needs a chance to prove himself...

darko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2009, 10:02 PM
Callahan Auto
Rational Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by darko View Post
Doubt we see Zherdev back so Lisin has to be a pick here. Lisin has top-6 talent and he was on pace for 35+ points last season (20 goals) for Phoenix while playing with duds and spending time on 4th line at times. This guy is very talented and he needs a chance to prove himself...
I don't think he can slack off and expect be on the third line but I think the job is his right now. Our third line is going to have some talent and he's definitely going to get a chance to prove himself playing alongside guys like Anisimov and Avery/Kotalik. I'm excited to see him play, that trade could turn out to be a steal if his stats translate to an 82 game season. He even has a chance to move up to the second line and net 25. We'll see but I have high hopes. This team has more depth than I think a lot of people give it credit for.

Callahan Auto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2009, 11:17 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

People should either spot Zherdev in a spot he'd be in if he remains or wait until he's traded. Either he'll be here or his replacement, so this whole poll is wrong if we pretend Z just doesn't exist.

Quote:

Ales Kotalik - Artem Anisimov - TBD
TBD - TBD - TBD

TBD - TBD
TBD - TBD
TBD - TBD

Kotalik wins the spot to AA's left.

Finish the 3rd line. Choose the right wing.

Depending on the events of later this week, if a certain Russian player who will remain nameless happens to win any polls and subsequently becomes a free agent, we will re-poll that spot. If that spot is won by a player who has also won a spot, we'll also re-poll that spot as well.

It's important to note, as well, we're polling with the idea that the Russian player is on the roster, because right now, he is. We'll address the situation later on if it turns out differently.

Beacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2009, 09:24 AM
captain9nyr
@captain9nyr

I think we can call this one.