HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Rumored 3-way Ott-Sj-Mtl

Old
08-16-2009, 06:28 PM
DiceX

vCash: 500
what about something like this

To Sharks: Heatley, 1st round pick(MTL),Schubert,Dagostini
To Sens: Plekanec, Hamrlik, 1st round pick (SJ), Cheechoo, Montreal Mid Tier Prospect
To Habs: Marleu, Ehrhoff

DiceX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2009, 06:34 PM
InLouWeTrust

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensDude View Post
Marleau to MTL, doesn't make sense due to a no-trade clause and he's comfortable in SJ. Monteal should leave the mix. If Ottawa wants to get Michalek they should give up a defenseman who isn't in the top 4 roll. Like Jason Smith, he is a great shut down d-man, but ottawa already uses Volechenkov and Phillips in those rolls (there top pair), while Kuba and Campoli are there second pair, the last 2 spots should be a battle between Picard,Karlsson, and Lee. If smith doesn't get traded that leaves 4 nhlers in a spot for 2 remainders (although Karlsson is not a full time NHL'er they need his offensive abilities). SJ recieves Heater and Smith. Ottawa takes 1st pick, Michalek and Erhoff, which could be used in another trade or waive him to pick up Afinogenov. You could say ottawa leaves smith out and waive him but that deminshes the value for Michalek.
I hope your amazingly insightful comments were worth bumping a thread that had been dead for two weeks.

InLouWeTrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2009, 06:35 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by InLouWeTrust View Post
I hope your amazingly insightful comments were worth bumping a thread that had been dead for two weeks.
Blame Eklund for trying to revive the whole thing...

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2009, 06:39 PM
FanHabtic

This rumor is borderline idiotic. Why would the Habs be the facilitator for a trade between the Sharks and Sens? Stupid... just plain stupid. Habs are up against the cap and can't afford to take anyone's bad contracts even if there are sweeteners involved.

Best to leave the SHarks and Sens in cap-hell.

FanHabtic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2009, 08:38 PM
Bejamin1*

Right...

Well I can't make my own thread for some reason even though my account has been activated. So I'm just going to re-write your insane proposal to something far more possible. I'm also going to take the liberty of changing one of the teams.

San Jose - Ottawa - Edmonton

We all know Edmonton wants to get out from under the Penner contract. San Jose wants to get rid of Cheechoo, but apparently not for zero. I will also list two possible returns for Ottawa and San Jose simply because I'm pretty sure Murray was only going to take Penner if he got a legit top 6 with upside back as part of the deal and also to balance the cap for San Jose in situation #2. Can't give up a 50 goal scorer and not get any scoring back now can ya?

So without further dramatic buildup:
To OTT #1: Penner, Vlasic, Prospect OR Pick
To OTT #2: Michalek, Penner, Prospect OR Pick

To SJ #1: Heatley
To SJ #2: Heatley + Schubert

To EDM: Cheechoo

[x] Ottawa trades Heater for a fair return - more fair if it's option 2
[x] San Jose gets rid of Cheechoo and Acquires Heatley
[x] Edmonton gets out from under the Penner contract
[x] Everybody wins?

How do you all feel about this one?

-Sens Fan by the way.

Edit: If someone would kindly re-post this as a Proposal: Ott-Edm-SJ I would appreciate it having its own thread so I could see peoples comments.

Last edited by Bejamin1*: 08-16-2009 at 08:42 PM. Reason: to change it obviously...
Bejamin1* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2009, 09:41 PM
Xspyrit

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiceX View Post
what about something like this

To Sharks: Heatley, 1st round pick(MTL),Schubert,Dagostini
To Sens: Plekanec, Hamrlik, 1st round pick (SJ), Cheechoo, Montreal Mid Tier Prospect
To Habs: Marleu, Ehrhoff
So the Sens trade Heatley for

Cheechoo (that they don't want), Plekanec (a soft 2nd/3rd line center UFA after the season), Hamrlik (A Top-4 D-man declining with a huge price tag). The only thing interesting in this package is the 1st round pick.

And that's ignoring the fact that Ottawa can't take that much cap hit (11 M$ vs 8.4 M$)

Habs win that deal badly. They get Marleau + Ehrhoff for players they don't really want anymore.

Xspyrit is offline   Reply With Quote