HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > Mock Drafts
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Mock Drafts Mock drafts for fun and fantasy here.

LIG Gm Game-Sign up now

Closed Thread

Old
07-29-2009, 02:46 PM
Zdeno33Lucic

vCash: 4114
LIG Gm Game-Sign up now

League Commissioners- LucicIsGod, TheBoss

These three people oversee the entire game's operations. They each hold the same rank, nobody outranks the other. They may choose to change the rules or guidelines in the game as they see needed. They may elect to seize control of any position in the game (and appoint another when necessary) that is not being managed properly, whether it be to inactivity or other reasons. They have complete control of the game. No whining about their decisions. The game goes as they say.

Game Outline

Game begins when all teams are filled, teams may trade players and begin GM duties
We don't have a timeline yet

Trade Committee process - LucicIsGod,The Boss, habsman56

He will not only keep track of all trades, but for the most part he is the trade committee. In order for a trade to be finalized, it must be sent to him first. If he feels it is too one-sided or unrealistic, he'll take it to the rest of the trade committee, which is the three commishioners. If he does not reply to a trade request in 12 hours or more, then the teams in the trade can send the other trade committee members a message. - will keep track of all trades and transactions in a post on the first page, and once he puts it there, that means it's final.

Buyouts/Waivers
Each GM will be allowed to pursue the buyout option on up to one player on his roster. To buyout a player, you must first put them on waivers. After 24 hours, if the player is not picked up, you can buy the player out, or you can bring them back through re-entry waivers, in hopes of another GM claiming the player, which would count only half of the players salary against the cap. Teams will be allowed to send 1 veteran down in the minors after this players clear waivers but there will be restrictions.

Here they are:

-Teams cannot send down a veteran that has more than 2 years to his contract.
-Teams cannot send down a veteran they signed in this game.

You can continue to waive players if you want to but then you will either have to buy them out or keep them on your roster.

NTCs and NMCs-LucicIsGod
Every GM's worst nightmare...beware! nhlscap.com has this list of players who fall in these categories. Trades involving a player with a NTC/NMC will be taken very seriously in this game. Each will be reviewed by the three league commissioners and a decision will be made. The rule will be if a player has a NTC or NMC than he will not go anywhere. Exceptions will be rare.

Teams that are looking to trade players on their roster who have a LNTC/NTC/NMC needs to have a talk with a commishioner before anything happens. Get a list of teams your player would agree to be traded to and if the player has a full NTC or NMC, that list is zero teams and so be it.

If you trade a player that has any of those clauses without consulting a commishioner prior to the trade, it could be automatically rejected by the committee.

WAIVERS THREAD
In this game we will have a thread for waivers. A GM who wants to place a player on waivers will announce it in the waivers thread. The time stamp of the post will determine when the 24 hours begins. If a team wants to place a claim on the player, they will indicate their interest by posting a request to claim in that thread. Waiver claims will always be determined by whatever the real NHL standings are at the time of the claim.

So for example: say the Boston GM waived Zdeno Chara. The Boston GM would post that he is waiving the player in the waiver thread. And say, 15 teams claimed him...but which one is furthest down the standings in the NHL right now? That team gets him.

Retirements/ LTIR
If you want one of your players to retire or be place on long term injury, this will also be handled by the trade committee. Same way we approve trades or not. You will need 2 approvals to make it official.

If a player is placed on LTIR, they still count against the cap, but that team can spend over the actual cap in the amount of the player’s contract.

Example: Player A's cap hit is $2 million and they are placed on LTIR. He still counts to the cap, but the team's payroll can equal $58.7 million instead of the actual cap of $56.7 million.

NHL Entry Draft moderator/organizer - LucicIsGod

resource: Draft picks link
Each GM is responsible for sending in their Top 30 rankings for the 1st round of the draft to him only. A team may opt to use the ISS's latest rankings instead. Also, if you make a trade involving a 2009 1st or 2nd round draft pick, make sure you send him a PM letting him know about it so he can update the draft order. Other than the three league commissioners, only he is empowered to make a pick for a team that is not online, or officially be in charge of the draft.

RFAs Super Agents - TheBoss

They will handle negotiations for all restricted free agents. Each GM must send offers for all players to them. We may appoint someone else to assist in this process if needed.

Re-signing UFAs - LucicIsGod,TheBoss

He will handle all offers to re-sign UFAs. Most top level UFAs will not re-sign, so keep that in mind when offering him contracts. Also, UFA rights are not allowed to be traded in this game.

Contract Extensions- LucicIsGod

will handle any contract extensions. For a GM to sign a player on his roster to a contract extension, the player must not be a UFA-to-be. All offers are to be sent to him. Granted, keep in mind he will not be extending the contracts of players just to do it. It will have to be a good deal that makes sense for the player to sign, just as if it was dealing with a RFA or UFA.

Salary Cap FAQs
max amount of players: 23
upper Limit: $56,700,000
lower Limit: $40,000,000
You must use this site for cap hits: http://www.hockeybuzz.com/cap-central

Rosters thread
Each and every GM is responsible for posting and keeping up to date their roster in the league's roster thread. There will be repurcussions for those of you who are not doing so, for example, Boston wants to make a trade or sign an UFA...well for that trade to go through that GM must have their roster updated. Now I'm not talking about every hour on the hour or anything like that, but if you're making a bunch of moves or signings you need to keep your teams post updated, period. Its part of your duties as a GM in this game.

You must post your roster before the game starts.
GM'S LIST

- EASTERN CONFERENCE -

Atlantic Division
New Jersey Devils -
New York Islanders -
New York Rangers -
Philadelphia Flyers - Habsman56
Pittsburgh Penguins -

Northeast Division
Boston Bruins -
Buffalo Sabres -
Montreal Canadiens - Eagle101
Ottawa Senators -
Toronto Maple Leafs - Leafs44

Southeast Division
Atlanta Thrashers -
Carolina Hurricanes -
Florida Panthers -
Tampa Bay Lightning - AlexMaz
Washington Capitals -

- WESTERN CONFERENCE -

Central Division
Chicago Blackhawks - LucicIsGod
Columbus Blue Jackets -
Detroit Red Wings -
Nashville Predators -
St. Louis Blues -

Northwest Division
Calgary Flames -
Colorado Avalanche -
Edmonton Oilers - Mehta
Minnesota Wild -
Vancouver Canucks -

Pacific Division
Anaheim Ducks -
Dallas Stars -
Los Angeles Kings -
Phoenix Coyotes -
San Jose Sharks -

Last edited by Zdeno33Lucic: 07-29-2009 at 10:01 PM.
Old
07-29-2009, 02:47 PM
Zdeno33Lucic

I got those rules from another gm ggame, but thats what were gonna do, i want active and commited gm's.

I will also need help, so if someone could help out it owuld be great, (HC )

ROSTERS ARE AS OF TODAY, MORRIS WITH BRUINS, HOSSA WITH HAWKS, PRONGER WITH PHILLY, ETC

Old
07-29-2009, 03:00 PM
Ice Whole

vCash: 500
please.

Old
07-29-2009, 04:14 PM
Zdeno33Lucic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mehta View Post
please.
Yours.

If a mmod could sticky this to get some more attention it would be reatly appreciated, i will be making a roster thread once we get about 25 people, come on please sign up

Old
07-29-2009, 04:37 PM
AlexMaz

I'll take Tampa

Old
07-29-2009, 04:46 PM
BigJexxy

I will helo you pm me and let me know what I can do.

Old
07-29-2009, 05:51 PM
habsman56
Habs&Hoops

I'll be Philadelphia. Are we doing draft or anything, or is it just trades?

Old
07-29-2009, 05:51 PM
habsman56
Habs&Hoops

League Commissioners- habsman56, TheBoss

These two people oversee the entire game's operations. They each hold the same rank, nobody outranks the other. They may choose to change the rules or guidelines in the game as they see needed. They may elect to seize control of any position in the game (and appoint another when necessary) that is not being managed properly, whether it be to inactivity or other reasons. They have complete control of the game. No whining about their decisions. The game goes as they say.

Game Outline

Game begins when all teams are filled, teams may trade players and begin GM duties
We don't have a timeline yet

Trade Committee process -The Boss, habsman56

He will not only keep track of all trades, but for the most part he is the trade committee. In order for a trade to be finalized, it must be sent to him first. If he feels it is too one-sided or unrealistic, he'll take it to the rest of the trade committee, which is the three commishioners. If he does not reply to a trade request in 12 hours or more, then the teams in the trade can send the other trade committee members a message. - will keep track of all trades and transactions in a post on the first page, and once he puts it there, that means it's final.

Buyouts/Waivers
Each GM will be allowed to pursue the buyout option on up to one player on his roster. To buyout a player, you must first put them on waivers. After 24 hours, if the player is not picked up, you can buy the player out, or you can bring them back through re-entry waivers, in hopes of another GM claiming the player, which would count only half of the players salary against the cap. Teams will be allowed to send 1 veteran down in the minors after this players clear waivers but there will be restrictions.

Here they are:

-Teams cannot send down a veteran that has more than 2 years to his contract.
-Teams cannot send down a veteran they signed in this game.

You can continue to waive players if you want to but then you will either have to buy them out or keep them on your roster.

NTCs and NMCs- habsman56
Every GM's worst nightmare...beware! nhlscap.com has this list of players who fall in these categories. Trades involving a player with a NTC/NMC will be taken very seriously in this game. Each will be reviewed by the three league commissioners and a decision will be made. The rule will be if a player has a NTC or NMC than he will not go anywhere. Exceptions will be rare.

Teams that are looking to trade players on their roster who have a LNTC/NTC/NMC needs to have a talk with a commishioner before anything happens. Get a list of teams your player would agree to be traded to and if the player has a full NTC or NMC, that list is zero teams and so be it.

If you trade a player that has any of those clauses without consulting a commishioner prior to the trade, it could be automatically rejected by the committee.

WAIVERS THREAD
In this game we will have a thread for waivers. A GM who wants to place a player on waivers will announce it in the waivers thread. The time stamp of the post will determine when the 24 hours begins. If a team wants to place a claim on the player, they will indicate their interest by posting a request to claim in that thread. Waiver claims will always be determined by whatever the real NHL standings are at the time of the claim.

So for example: say the Boston GM waived Zdeno Chara. The Boston GM would post that he is waiving the player in the waiver thread. And say, 15 teams claimed him...but which one is furthest down the standings in the NHL right now? That team gets him.

Retirements/ LTIR
If you want one of your players to retire or be place on long term injury, this will also be handled by the trade committee. Same way we approve trades or not. You will need 2 approvals to make it official.

If a player is placed on LTIR, they still count against the cap, but that team can spend over the actual cap in the amount of the player’s contract.

Example: Player A's cap hit is $2 million and they are placed on LTIR. He still counts to the cap, but the team's payroll can equal $58.7 million instead of the actual cap of $56.7 million.

NHL Entry Draft moderator/organizer - habsman56

resource: Draft picks link
Each GM is responsible for sending in their Top 30 rankings for the 1st round of the draft to him only. A team may opt to use the ISS's latest rankings instead. Also, if you make a trade involving a 2009 1st or 2nd round draft pick, make sure you send him a PM letting him know about it so he can update the draft order. Other than the three league commissioners, only he is empowered to make a pick for a team that is not online, or officially be in charge of the draft.

RFAs Super Agents - TheBoss

They will handle negotiations for all restricted free agents. Each GM must send offers for all players to them. We may appoint someone else to assist in this process if needed.

Re-signing UFAs - habsman56,TheBoss

He will handle all offers to re-sign UFAs. Most top level UFAs will not re-sign, so keep that in mind when offering him contracts. Also, UFA rights are not allowed to be traded in this game.

Contract Extensions- habsman56

will handle any contract extensions. For a GM to sign a player on his roster to a contract extension, the player must not be a UFA-to-be. All offers are to be sent to him. Granted, keep in mind he will not be extending the contracts of players just to do it. It will have to be a good deal that makes sense for the player to sign, just as if it was dealing with a RFA or UFA.

Salary Cap FAQs
max amount of players: 23
upper Limit: $56,700,000
lower Limit: $40,000,000
You must use this site for cap hits: http://www.hockeybuzz.com/cap-central

Rosters thread
Each and every GM is responsible for posting and keeping up to date their roster in the league's roster thread. There will be repurcussions for those of you who are not doing so, for example, Boston wants to make a trade or sign an UFA...well for that trade to go through that GM must have their roster updated. Now I'm not talking about every hour on the hour or anything like that, but if you're making a bunch of moves or signings you need to keep your teams post updated, period. Its part of your duties as a GM in this game.

You must post your roster before the game starts.
GM'S LIST

- EASTERN CONFERENCE -

Atlantic Division
New Jersey Devils -
New York Islanders -
New York Rangers -
Philadelphia Flyers - Habsman56
Pittsburgh Penguins -

Northeast Division
Boston Bruins -
Buffalo Sabres -
Montreal Canadiens - Eagle101
Ottawa Senators -
Toronto Maple Leafs - Leafs44

Southeast Division
Atlanta Thrashers -
Carolina Hurricanes -
Florida Panthers -
Tampa Bay Lightning - AlexMaz
Washington Capitals -

- WESTERN CONFERENCE -

Central Division
Chicago Blackhawks - LucicIsGod
Columbus Blue Jackets -
Detroit Red Wings -
Nashville Predators -
St. Louis Blues -

Northwest Division
Calgary Flames -
Colorado Avalanche -
Edmonton Oilers - Mehta
Minnesota Wild -
Vancouver Canucks -

Pacific Division
Anaheim Ducks -
Dallas Stars -
Los Angeles Kings - Kingjordan
Phoenix Coyotes -
San Jose Sharks -

Last edited by habsman56: 08-02-2009 at 09:14 PM.
Old
07-29-2009, 06:01 PM
Zdeno33Lucic

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexMaz View Post
I'll take Tampa
Yours.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theboss View Post
I will help you pm me and let me know what I can do.
Alright ill pm you right now, also are you taking a team ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsman56 View Post
I'll be Philadelphia. Are we doing draft or anything, or is it just trades?
yours.

Were gonna have a 2009 prospect draft, (tavares,hedman,duchene etc) and then we coud make trades, and ill try to figure something out were games could be played or something and see if theres a way i oculd make playoffs and stuff.

Quote:
Also, I wouldn't mind helping out.
Ok, ill pm you, thanks

Old
07-29-2009, 06:10 PM
Zdeno33Lucic

Ok guys i got the people to help me, Congrats to TheBoss and habsman56, i pme'ed you guys but i put you in a few other things, check the 1st post if you see your name thats what you have to do and help me with

Thanks, now lets get people to sign up

Old
07-29-2009, 06:10 PM
habsman56
Habs&Hoops

Hey, I know it's probably a bit confusing with my avatar and name, but I'm the Flyers, not the Canadiens.

Old
07-29-2009, 06:11 PM
Zdeno33Lucic

Quote:
Hey, I know it's probably a bit confusing with my avatar and name, but I'm the Flyers, not the Canadiens.
Ohh haha sorry bro, ill fix it

Old
07-29-2009, 06:16 PM
Lahey

Ill take the Leafs!

Old
07-29-2009, 06:18 PM
Zdeno33Lucic

Quote:
Originally Posted by leafs44 View Post
Ill take the Leafs!
Yours.

Old
07-29-2009, 07:07 PM
EvenStrengthHockey

Ill Take Montreal

Old
07-29-2009, 07:15 PM
AlexMaz

SHAKE UP IN TAMPA BAY

ALL PLAYERS AVAILABLE

PM ME IF YOU WANT TO TRADE

VINNY, St. Louis, Malone, 2nd overall pick available!!

Only untouchable is Stamkos

Old
07-29-2009, 07:16 PM
AlexMaz

Is it too early to trade?

Old
07-29-2009, 07:20 PM
Lahey

Quote:
SHAKE UP IN TAMPA BAY

ALL PLAYERS AVAILABLE

Im the leafs, what do u want for that 2nd overall

Old
07-29-2009, 07:40 PM
habsman56
Habs&Hoops

Wait, if we're doing the draft over, who has what picks? Did Philly trade their pick, in the Pronger trade, or do I get to keep it?

Old
07-29-2009, 07:44 PM
EvenStrengthHockey

Quote:
Wait, if we're doing the draft over, who has what picks? Did Philly trade their pick, in the Pronger trade, or do I get to keep it?

first-rounders in 2009 (No. 21) and 2010. pretty sure

Old
07-29-2009, 07:50 PM
habsman56
Habs&Hoops

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagles101 View Post
first-rounders in 2009 (No. 21) and 2010. pretty sure
Yeah, that part I understand. But, if we're keeping the rosters with Pronger on the Flyers, does that mean I don't have my pick?

Old
07-29-2009, 07:50 PM
matt trick

Not to be that guy, but why don't you guys join Tourettesguys gm game. We aren't too far ahead and still have a few teams to fill.

Old
07-29-2009, 08:52 PM
Zdeno33Lucic

Quote:
SHAKE UP IN TAMPA BAY

ALL PLAYERS AVAILABLE

Wait to make trades, lets get at least 20 teams before

Ill make a tradeblock then

Old
07-29-2009, 08:56 PM
EvenStrengthHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucicIsGod View Post
Wait to make trades, lets get at least 20 teams before

Ill make a tradeblock then
Did u make me down as Montreal?