HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Parrise Signed !

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-29-2004, 02:44 PM
  #1
bennysflyers16
Registered User
 
bennysflyers16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 16,544
vCash: 50
Parrise Signed !

Devil fans just signed the 2nd coming of christ, according to them the season is over, Parrise is just that good. 17th overall pick, good lord they are grasping at straws over in Devil land, this year, We got them.

bennysflyers16 is offline  
Old
03-29-2004, 02:55 PM
  #2
Pontifex Maximus*
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,098
vCash: 500
I remember a lot of people were calling for Clarke's head when he picked Carter over Parise and some others.

Pontifex Maximus* is offline  
Old
03-29-2004, 02:58 PM
  #3
bennysflyers16
Registered User
 
bennysflyers16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 16,544
vCash: 50
There is no Damn way that kid could jump into our lineup right this minute, And if he could, we would be in serious trouble. At this stage of the year, you better not be looking to college hockey to build a winning team!

bennysflyers16 is offline  
Old
03-29-2004, 02:59 PM
  #4
Ronnie Bass
elite pissy upside
 
Ronnie Bass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: New Jersey
Country: Ireland
Posts: 19,997
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennysflyers16
Devil fans just signed the 2nd coming of christ, according to them the season is over, Parrise is just that good. 17th overall pick, good lord they are grasping at straws over in Devil land, this year, We got them.
First thing first get the guys name right, it's Parise not Parrise, you also spelled it wrong in our forum too. And second how do you take the excitement of our top prospect being signed that we are grasping at straws, maybe were just excited because of that simple fact that we signed him, have you never felt the euphoria of when one of your top prospects has officially signed with the Flyers. And if you did I certainly wouldn't come over here on rain and your parade as you just did to us before. And go back and show me where any Devils poster said that the season was over because of this. Dude what the hell is the matter with you, show some respect to your fellow posters rivals or not.

Ronnie Bass is offline  
Old
03-29-2004, 03:02 PM
  #5
devildan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 2,752
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennysflyers16
Devil fans just signed the 2nd coming of christ, according to them the season is over, Parrise is just that good. 17th overall pick, good lord they are grasping at straws over in Devil land, this year, We got them.
Yes, we are excited that we signed our best offensive prospect since Petr Sykora. I dont think any one here is claiming that he is the second coming or that he will lead us to the prommised land this year nor should they be. Grasping at straws? No! Hoping that he will be able to help a little. Sure, why not. You have to give the euphoria a bit of time to wear off before you can listen to anything they say anyways.

As for your 17th pick "argument": A fellow named Brodeur went 20th a few years back. Esche went 136th. Recchi 67th. Desjardins 38th. Johnsson 286th. Elias 56th. Madden UNDRAFTED. GMs cant always see through into the future. Parise was slated to go about 6 picks earlier in the draft but dropped due to "size reasons" and has pnly increased his value since. WJC MVP anyone? Point is, him being picked 17th really holds little value in this whole debate.


Last edited by devildan: 03-29-2004 at 03:06 PM.
devildan is offline  
Old
03-29-2004, 03:51 PM
  #6
tytech
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 1,355
vCash: 500
Come on Flyer fans. How excited would we be if Carter was signed? Even if he is a kid we would be pretty happy and excited to see him play.

tytech is offline  
Old
03-29-2004, 04:13 PM
  #7
bennysflyers16
Registered User
 
bennysflyers16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 16,544
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by tytech
Come on Flyer fans. How excited would we be if Carter was signed? Even if he is a kid we would be pretty happy and excited to see him play.

I agree, it is just some fans had him going on the 2nd line. Trust me, We would not even consider Carter playing this year !

bennysflyers16 is offline  
Old
03-29-2004, 04:15 PM
  #8
Toonces
The beer kitty
 
Toonces's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: New Jersey
Country: Ireland
Posts: 3,676
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tytech
Come on Flyer fans. How excited would we be if Carter was signed? Even if he is a kid we would be pretty happy and excited to see him play.
Yes, we'd be damn excited.

This is a good move for the Devils. I haven't seen the "second coming" stuff, just a bunch of happy fans.

Toonces is offline  
Old
03-29-2004, 04:39 PM
  #9
jplush76
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 903
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to jplush76 Send a message via Yahoo to jplush76
this thread is dumb

jplush76 is offline  
Old
03-29-2004, 05:29 PM
  #10
donelikedinner
Registered User
 
donelikedinner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: In a house
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,548
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jplush76
this thread is dumb
i second that.

donelikedinner is offline  
Old
03-29-2004, 05:42 PM
  #11
Brad*
 
Join Date: May 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 13,887
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jplush76
this thread is dumb
This is the greatest thread ever.

Brad* is offline  
Old
03-29-2004, 09:12 PM
  #12
blah
Registered User
 
blah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 4,269
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tytech
Come on Flyer fans. How excited would we be if Carter was signed? Even if he is a kid we would be pretty happy and excited to see him play.
I wouldn't be excited. Unlike the Devils the Flyers have more than one or two offensive threats.

blah is offline  
Old
03-29-2004, 09:17 PM
  #13
DownFromNJ
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 2,536
vCash: 500
And tons of cups right?

DownFromNJ is offline  
Old
03-29-2004, 09:35 PM
  #14
Ronnie Bass
elite pissy upside
 
Ronnie Bass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: New Jersey
Country: Ireland
Posts: 19,997
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DownFromNJ
And tons of cups right?
Play nice now.

Ronnie Bass is offline  
Old
03-29-2004, 10:10 PM
  #15
Toonces
The beer kitty
 
Toonces's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: New Jersey
Country: Ireland
Posts: 3,676
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DownFromNJ
And tons of cups right?
Yes, because that has everything to do with this discussion...

We're deeper at center so there is no use for Carter this season. Anyway, like I was saying, it's a good move for the Devils.

Toonces is offline  
Old
03-30-2004, 06:56 AM
  #16
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Do not trade plz
Country: United States
Posts: 109,947
vCash: 5792
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toonces
Yes, because that has everything to do with this discussion...
actually it does, and he has a very valid point.


and as for whoever said people said we were calling for Clarke's head for taking Carter over Parise, well, I think Parise is better. I saw how he dominated the WJC's, while Carter was great in the WJC's, Parise was dominat.

GKJ is offline  
Old
03-30-2004, 08:23 AM
  #17
Teezax
Registered User
 
Teezax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,352
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson
actually it does, and he has a very valid point.


and as for whoever said people said we were calling for Clarke's head for taking Carter over Parise, well, I think Parise is better. I saw how he dominated the WJC's, while Carter was great in the WJC's, Parise was dominat.
As long as Clarke is at the helm, there is no way he takes a Parise type player over a Carter type player, no matter what the skill levels are. Carter is a big two way player with a lot of upside, that's a formula for success in Philadelphia mentality while Parise had ideal Devil written all over him. They're perfect examples of how our teams think.

Teezax is offline  
Old
03-30-2004, 08:32 AM
  #18
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Do not trade plz
Country: United States
Posts: 109,947
vCash: 5792
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teezax
As long as Clarke is at the helm, there is no way he takes a Parise type player over a Carter type player, no matter what the skill levels are. Carter is a big two way player with a lot of upside, that's a formula for success in Philadelphia mentality while Parise had ideal Devil written all over him. They're perfect examples of how our teams think.
That's fine. Doesn't change my opinion that Parise is better. How many times has Clarke's blueprint worked again? While Carter has almost as much upside as Parise, Maybe Clarke's doing it wrong with the big centers who have tendencies to get worn down in the playoffs.

GKJ is offline  
Old
03-30-2004, 01:10 PM
  #19
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren
 
GoneFullHextall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Somewhere in NH
Country: United States
Posts: 31,017
vCash: 50
i dont care what anyone says about the guy. he is overrated. Devil fans act like hes going to be the 2nd coming. please he is what he is. the 2nd coming of Brian Gionta. how many of you still want Parise over Jeff Carter?

GoneFullHextall is offline  
Old
03-30-2004, 01:32 PM
  #20
JimEIV
Registered User
 
JimEIV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 24,853
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkeMustGoDotCom
i dont care what anyone says about the guy. he is overrated. Devil fans act like hes going to be the 2nd coming. please he is what he is. the 2nd coming of Brian Gionta. how many of you still want Parise over Jeff Carter?

Gionta??? Not that, that would be a bad thing, Considering Gionta has broken 20 goals in only his second full season, but Parise is 4 inches and 15lbs heavier............I don't think anyone knows what Parise will turn out to be and No One is claiming he is the 2nd Coming. But we are deffinately excited to have him on our team.

JimEIV is offline  
Old
03-30-2004, 01:34 PM
  #21
Ronnie Bass
elite pissy upside
 
Ronnie Bass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: New Jersey
Country: Ireland
Posts: 19,997
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkeMustGoDotCom
i dont care what anyone says about the guy. he is overrated. Devil fans act like hes going to be the 2nd coming. please he is what he is. the 2nd coming of Brian Gionta. how many of you still want Parise over Jeff Carter?
I think your opinion of him being overrated is more wishfull thinking than reality, I have let to read a scouting report to state that and do you really think that Lou would sign this kid right out of college and stick him into the lineup with a division title on the line if he was overrated or just another player? This kid on top of his talent and smarts has intangibles up the ying-yang.

Also yet to see any Devils poster suggest that the Flyers made a mistake with Carter over Parise, I saw Carter play in the WJC and was totally impressed with him, I think the Flyers fans will be pleased with Carter as we will with Parise, we both lucked out in getting two top prospects we should have never gotten based on our records. But to suggest that Parise is overrated is naive.

Ronnie Bass is offline  
Old
03-30-2004, 01:43 PM
  #22
JimEIV
Registered User
 
JimEIV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 24,853
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou is God
I think your opinion of him being overrated is more wishfull thinking than reality, I have let to read a scouting report to state that and do you really think that Lou would sign this kid right out of college and stick him into the lineup with a division title on the line if he was overrated or just another player? This kid on top of his talent and smarts has intangibles up the ying-yang.

Also yet to see any Devils poster suggest that the Flyers made a mistake with Carter over Parise, I saw Carter play in the WJC and was totally impressed with him, I think the Flyers fans will be pleased with Carter as we will with Parise, we both lucked out in getting two top prospects we should have never gotten based on our records. But to suggest that Parise is overrated is naive.

You are awefully diplomatic

JimEIV is offline  
Old
03-30-2004, 01:44 PM
  #23
FlyersGuy69
Registered User
 
FlyersGuy69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: purgatory
Country: United States
Posts: 8,837
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to FlyersGuy69
Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson
While Carter has almost as much upside as Parise, Maybe Clarke's doing it wrong with the big centers who have tendencies to get worn down in the playoffs.
if it's upside that we are talking about, the Carter has the bigger upside. he has been compared to Mats Sundin, who is/was a superstar center for a longtime now. so you don't get much better upside than that.

and weren't you the one who said that Dustin Brown>>>>>>>>Jeff Carter.

FlyersGuy69 is offline  
Old
03-30-2004, 01:54 PM
  #24
Teezax
Registered User
 
Teezax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,352
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson
That's fine. Doesn't change my opinion that Parise is better. How many times has Clarke's blueprint worked again? While Carter has almost as much upside as Parise, Maybe Clarke's doing it wrong with the big centers who have tendencies to get worn down in the playoffs.
My intention wasn't to compare who's better, it was to educate you on why we chose Carter and not Parise. But until we see how these guys adapt in the league, then we will never know.

Teezax is offline  
Old
03-30-2004, 06:07 PM
  #25
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Do not trade plz
Country: United States
Posts: 109,947
vCash: 5792
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkeMustGoDotCom
i dont care what anyone says about the guy. he is overrated. Devil fans act like hes going to be the 2nd coming. please he is what he is. the 2nd coming of Brian Gionta. how many of you still want Parise over Jeff Carter?

I do because Parise TORE APART the WJC's, and has torn up every level he has played

GKJ is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:53 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.