HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Parrise Signed !

Closed Thread

Old
03-29-2004, 02:44 PM
bennysflyers16

vCash: 50
Parrise Signed !

Devil fans just signed the 2nd coming of christ, according to them the season is over, Parrise is just that good. 17th overall pick, good lord they are grasping at straws over in Devil land, this year, We got them.

Old
03-29-2004, 02:55 PM
Pontifex Maximus*

vCash: 500
I remember a lot of people were calling for Clarke's head when he picked Carter over Parise and some others.

Old
03-29-2004, 02:58 PM
bennysflyers16

There is no Damn way that kid could jump into our lineup right this minute, And if he could, we would be in serious trouble. At this stage of the year, you better not be looking to college hockey to build a winning team!

Old
03-29-2004, 02:59 PM
Ronnie Bass
elite pissy upside

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennysflyers16
Devil fans just signed the 2nd coming of christ, according to them the season is over, Parrise is just that good. 17th overall pick, good lord they are grasping at straws over in Devil land, this year, We got them.
First thing first get the guys name right, it's Parise not Parrise, you also spelled it wrong in our forum too. And second how do you take the excitement of our top prospect being signed that we are grasping at straws, maybe were just excited because of that simple fact that we signed him, have you never felt the euphoria of when one of your top prospects has officially signed with the Flyers. And if you did I certainly wouldn't come over here on rain and your parade as you just did to us before. And go back and show me where any Devils poster said that the season was over because of this. Dude what the hell is the matter with you, show some respect to your fellow posters rivals or not.

Old
03-29-2004, 03:02 PM
devildan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennysflyers16
Yes, we are excited that we signed our best offensive prospect since Petr Sykora. I dont think any one here is claiming that he is the second coming or that he will lead us to the prommised land this year nor should they be. Grasping at straws? No! Hoping that he will be able to help a little. Sure, why not. You have to give the euphoria a bit of time to wear off before you can listen to anything they say anyways.

As for your 17th pick "argument": A fellow named Brodeur went 20th a few years back. Esche went 136th. Recchi 67th. Desjardins 38th. Johnsson 286th. Elias 56th. Madden UNDRAFTED. GMs cant always see through into the future. Parise was slated to go about 6 picks earlier in the draft but dropped due to "size reasons" and has pnly increased his value since. WJC MVP anyone? Point is, him being picked 17th really holds little value in this whole debate.

Last edited by devildan: 03-29-2004 at 03:06 PM.
Old
03-29-2004, 03:51 PM
tytech

Come on Flyer fans. How excited would we be if Carter was signed? Even if he is a kid we would be pretty happy and excited to see him play.

Old
03-29-2004, 04:13 PM
bennysflyers16

Quote:
Originally Posted by tytech
Come on Flyer fans. How excited would we be if Carter was signed? Even if he is a kid we would be pretty happy and excited to see him play.

I agree, it is just some fans had him going on the 2nd line. Trust me, We would not even consider Carter playing this year !

Old
03-29-2004, 04:15 PM
Toonces
The beer kitty

Quote:
Yes, we'd be damn excited.

This is a good move for the Devils. I haven't seen the "second coming" stuff, just a bunch of happy fans.

Old
03-29-2004, 04:39 PM
jplush76

Send a message via AIM to jplush76 Send a message via Yahoo to jplush76
this thread is dumb

Old
03-29-2004, 05:29 PM
donelikedinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jplush76
this thread is dumb
i second that.

Old
03-29-2004, 05:42 PM
Brad*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jplush76
this thread is dumb
This is the greatest thread ever.

Old
03-29-2004, 09:12 PM
blah

Quote:
I wouldn't be excited. Unlike the Devils the Flyers have more than one or two offensive threats.

Old
03-29-2004, 09:17 PM
DownFromNJ

And tons of cups right?

Old
03-29-2004, 09:35 PM
Ronnie Bass
elite pissy upside

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DownFromNJ
And tons of cups right?
Play nice now.

Old
03-29-2004, 10:10 PM
Toonces
The beer kitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownFromNJ
And tons of cups right?
Yes, because that has everything to do with this discussion...

We're deeper at center so there is no use for Carter this season. Anyway, like I was saying, it's a good move for the Devils.

Old
03-30-2004, 06:56 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5792
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toonces
Yes, because that has everything to do with this discussion...
actually it does, and he has a very valid point.

and as for whoever said people said we were calling for Clarke's head for taking Carter over Parise, well, I think Parise is better. I saw how he dominated the WJC's, while Carter was great in the WJC's, Parise was dominat.

Old
03-30-2004, 08:23 AM
Teezax

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson
actually it does, and he has a very valid point.

and as for whoever said people said we were calling for Clarke's head for taking Carter over Parise, well, I think Parise is better. I saw how he dominated the WJC's, while Carter was great in the WJC's, Parise was dominat.
As long as Clarke is at the helm, there is no way he takes a Parise type player over a Carter type player, no matter what the skill levels are. Carter is a big two way player with a lot of upside, that's a formula for success in Philadelphia mentality while Parise had ideal Devil written all over him. They're perfect examples of how our teams think.

Old
03-30-2004, 08:32 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teezax
As long as Clarke is at the helm, there is no way he takes a Parise type player over a Carter type player, no matter what the skill levels are. Carter is a big two way player with a lot of upside, that's a formula for success in Philadelphia mentality while Parise had ideal Devil written all over him. They're perfect examples of how our teams think.
That's fine. Doesn't change my opinion that Parise is better. How many times has Clarke's blueprint worked again? While Carter has almost as much upside as Parise, Maybe Clarke's doing it wrong with the big centers who have tendencies to get worn down in the playoffs.

Old
03-30-2004, 01:10 PM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

i dont care what anyone says about the guy. he is overrated. Devil fans act like hes going to be the 2nd coming. please he is what he is. the 2nd coming of Brian Gionta. how many of you still want Parise over Jeff Carter?

Old
03-30-2004, 01:32 PM
JimEIV

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkeMustGoDotCom
i dont care what anyone says about the guy. he is overrated. Devil fans act like hes going to be the 2nd coming. please he is what he is. the 2nd coming of Brian Gionta. how many of you still want Parise over Jeff Carter?

Gionta??? Not that, that would be a bad thing, Considering Gionta has broken 20 goals in only his second full season, but Parise is 4 inches and 15lbs heavier............I don't think anyone knows what Parise will turn out to be and No One is claiming he is the 2nd Coming. But we are deffinately excited to have him on our team.

Old
03-30-2004, 01:34 PM
Ronnie Bass
elite pissy upside

Awards:
Quote:
I think your opinion of him being overrated is more wishfull thinking than reality, I have let to read a scouting report to state that and do you really think that Lou would sign this kid right out of college and stick him into the lineup with a division title on the line if he was overrated or just another player? This kid on top of his talent and smarts has intangibles up the ying-yang.

Also yet to see any Devils poster suggest that the Flyers made a mistake with Carter over Parise, I saw Carter play in the WJC and was totally impressed with him, I think the Flyers fans will be pleased with Carter as we will with Parise, we both lucked out in getting two top prospects we should have never gotten based on our records. But to suggest that Parise is overrated is naive.

Old
03-30-2004, 01:43 PM
JimEIV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou is God
I think your opinion of him being overrated is more wishfull thinking than reality, I have let to read a scouting report to state that and do you really think that Lou would sign this kid right out of college and stick him into the lineup with a division title on the line if he was overrated or just another player? This kid on top of his talent and smarts has intangibles up the ying-yang.

Also yet to see any Devils poster suggest that the Flyers made a mistake with Carter over Parise, I saw Carter play in the WJC and was totally impressed with him, I think the Flyers fans will be pleased with Carter as we will with Parise, we both lucked out in getting two top prospects we should have never gotten based on our records. But to suggest that Parise is overrated is naive.

You are awefully diplomatic

Old
03-30-2004, 01:44 PM
FlyersGuy69

Send a message via AIM to FlyersGuy69
Quote:
While Carter has almost as much upside as Parise, Maybe Clarke's doing it wrong with the big centers who have tendencies to get worn down in the playoffs.
if it's upside that we are talking about, the Carter has the bigger upside. he has been compared to Mats Sundin, who is/was a superstar center for a longtime now. so you don't get much better upside than that.

and weren't you the one who said that Dustin Brown>>>>>>>>Jeff Carter.

Old
03-30-2004, 01:54 PM
Teezax

Quote:
That's fine. Doesn't change my opinion that Parise is better. How many times has Clarke's blueprint worked again? While Carter has almost as much upside as Parise, Maybe Clarke's doing it wrong with the big centers who have tendencies to get worn down in the playoffs.
My intention wasn't to compare who's better, it was to educate you on why we chose Carter and not Parise. But until we see how these guys adapt in the league, then we will never know.

Old
03-30-2004, 06:07 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Quote:

I do because Parise TORE APART the WJC's, and has torn up every level he has played

Closed Thread