HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The End

Closed Thread

Old
03-31-2004, 09:01 PM
LeetchForever2

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to LeetchForever2 Send a message via AIM to LeetchForever2 Send a message via MSN to LeetchForever2 Send a message via Yahoo to LeetchForever2
The End

Had to fight back tears, that was such an emotional ending.

Old
03-31-2004, 09:04 PM
NYR2

This is killing me.

Oh God, now they're showing him in the locker room.

Old
03-31-2004, 09:13 PM
in the hall

Truley defined class, character and respect. One of the greats of all time, a true honor to have been able to watch him play for the team I root for. As Sam Rosen and John Davidson put it, a true champion, farewell.

Old
03-31-2004, 09:16 PM
Forechecker

Send a message via AIM to Forechecker

A hero, a leader, maybe past his prime, but I'll never forget.

Old
03-31-2004, 09:21 PM
Carbonneau

Send a message via MSN to Carbonneau Send a message via Yahoo to Carbonneau
Great to see him stay with the Rangers at the deadline.

Class act all the way

Old
04-01-2004, 12:25 PM
moosemessier

greatest player ever. what class last night. he is amazing. scores a goal too. god i will miss him. i will miss hockey.
\
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbonneau
Great to see him stay with the Rangers at the deadline.

Class act all the way

Old
04-01-2004, 12:28 PM
Fletch

Give props to Buffalo...

they showed a lot of clas last night. That was a nice gesture (most likely coming from the coach, Ruff). That's why I love hockey (at least one of the reasons).

Old
04-01-2004, 12:52 PM
moosemessier

yes they did young fletch. hockey will NEVER be the same. just another dumb sport.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch
they showed a lot of clas last night. That was a nice gesture (most likely coming from the coach, Ruff). That's why I love hockey (at least one of the reasons).

Old
04-01-2004, 03:39 PM
LiquidClown

Send a message via ICQ to LiquidClown Send a message via AIM to LiquidClown
Yeah Messier is done! I'm sorry, I loved the guy and all and he WAS one hell of a player leader everything you could ask for in a guy.

Class act? eh kinda, class doesn't leave a team that "was so beloved" for more money doesn't seem to be the classiest thing to do. I know I'll get torn apart for this but I'm sorry that left a bitter bitter taste in my mouth.

With that said the NHL will continue but it definently lost a great player. Thanks for the good memories Mark.

Old
04-01-2004, 04:04 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidClown
Yeah Messier is done! I'm sorry, I loved the guy and all and he WAS one hell of a player leader everything you could ask for in a guy.

Class act? eh kinda, class doesn't leave a team that "was so beloved" for more money doesn't seem to be the classiest thing to do. I know I'll get torn apart for this but I'm sorry that left a bitter bitter taste in my mouth.

With that said the NHL will continue but it definently lost a great player. Thanks for the good memories Mark.
Why can't you let bygones be bygones? The guy is responsible for quite possibly the only Ranger Cup in your lifetime. I wasn't the guys biggest fan these last few years, but i recognize him as a living legend and the key to our only cup in 1000 years, how can you hold any grudges over money....thats not even yours!?

Old
04-01-2004, 04:34 PM
LiquidClown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13
Why can't you let bygones be bygones? The guy is responsible for quite possibly the only Ranger Cup in your lifetime. I wasn't the guys biggest fan these last few years, but i recognize him as a living legend and the key to our only cup in 1000 years, how can you hold any grudges over money....thats not even yours!?

Because I (and I assume many Ranger fans) really truely and honestly felt betrayed. Betrayal is something that's just not that easy to let go. Now granted he's done more good than harm (way more). What's even harder to accept is the fact that HE did it.
I do recognize him as one of the best to play the game and a main reason they won the cup in 94, and I'll miss him. I'm not even factoring in the last few years in my feelings of this at all.

Please don't get me wrong, I don't hate the guy at all, he'll always have a place in EVERY Ranger fans heart (in fact I'm wearing his jersey today) but it really just tarnished alot of my feelings towards him that's all.

Old
04-01-2004, 04:44 PM
Park #2

Quote:
Because I (and I assume many Ranger fans) really truely and honestly felt betrayed. Betrayal is something that's just not that easy to let go. Now granted he's done more good than harm (way more). What's even harder to accept is the fact that HE did it.

Please don't get me wrong, I don't hate the guy at all, he'll always have a place in EVERY Ranger fans heart (in fact I'm wearing his jersey today) but it really just tarnished alot of my feelings towards him that's all.
Well, perhaps you should try to find out the real reasons why he left. It really wasn't an option for him to stay.

Old
04-01-2004, 05:11 PM
Kodiak

Send a message via ICQ to Kodiak Send a message via AIM to Kodiak Send a message via Yahoo to Kodiak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Park #2
Well, perhaps you should try to find out the real reasons why he left. It really wasn't an option for him to stay.
If you want everyone here to believe that, you're going to have to explain it. As far as the general public knows, Smith offered Mess a 1-year deal that was somewhere between $4 and 5 mil. This was AFTER Mess had said to the press that he didn't feel like he had to be the highest paid player on the team anymore. But instead of staying and taking the pay cut, he went to Vancouver for more money while trying to justify it with a story about Neil Smith not stopping by his Hilton Head home for a beer.

Old
04-01-2004, 05:16 PM
moosemessier

Class act? eh kinda, class doesn't leave a team that "was so beloved" for more money doesn't seem to be the classiest thing to do.

-

oh horsecrap man. pat ewing got a rediculous contract and they gave it to him right when he got off the plane.

messier was NOT persued liek that.

messier wona cup and ewing never did squat.

messier left because he felt like he was not wanted there. he is a proud man and that hurt him. i would have done the same thing.

any fan that feels that he let them down is quite possibly insane.

Last edited by moosemessier: 04-01-2004 at 05:30 PM.
Old
04-01-2004, 05:30 PM
ddheyman

Quote:
I do recognize him as one of the best to play the game and a main reason they won the cup in 94, and I'll miss him. I'm not even factoring in the last few years in my feelings of this at all.

Not to rain on your parade (or opinion for that matter) but a lot of him leaving (not all) had to do with management and their SHOVING him out the door ... I'm not saying he didn't leave, nor that he couldn't have stayed, but there is plenty of guilt to go around for his leaving and Smith, Checketts, and company have a substantial about of culpability relating to it ...

Old
04-01-2004, 07:03 PM
Park #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodiak
If you want everyone here to believe that, you're going to have to explain it. As far as the general public knows, Smith offered Mess a 1-year deal that was somewhere between $4 and 5 mil. This was AFTER Mess had said to the press that he didn't feel like he had to be the highest paid player on the team anymore. But instead of staying and taking the pay cut, he went to Vancouver for more money while trying to justify it with a story about Neil Smith not stopping by his Hilton Head home for a beer.
The organization did not plan for Messier to come back. They were pursuing other options and wanted to move in a different direction. Certain people felt that Messier's influence with the fans/players/others in the organization had grown far too strong and certain people were too insecure to handle that. Messier was a plan C or the organization and no real offer was ever made.

Old
04-01-2004, 08:14 PM
LiquidClown

Quote:
Originally Posted by moosemessier
Class act? eh kinda, class doesn't leave a team that "was so beloved" for more money doesn't seem to be the classiest thing to do.

-

oh horsecrap man. pat ewing got a rediculous contract and they gave it to him right when he got off the plane.

messier was NOT persued liek that.

messier wona cup and ewing never did squat.

messier left because he felt like he was not wanted there. he is a proud man and that hurt him. i would have done the same thing.

any fan that feels that he let them down is quite possibly insane.
And I give a crap about patrick ewing why? I dont care what management did, if they offered him a contract no matter what it was, he left for more money, regardless if the offer was sub par.. Keep in mind $1 million dollars a year can be lived off of quite fine. I'll be happy to be making 60$ thousand a year in a few years. Athletes are overpaid, and if they really truely loved the team they played for they'd play for league minimum.
I'm sorry I don't shed any tears that a man playing A GAME is making 3 million when the year before he got 6 million, oh boohoo guess we're not going to get that gold plated outdoor grill and pool afterall ahhhh poor athletes so underpaid.
Cry me a river.

ddheyman> you just said it yourself, "I'm not saying he didn't leave, nor that he couldn't have stayed", he COULD HAVE STAYED, and he didn't! He left, and that's a fact that is undisputable.

Old
04-01-2004, 08:17 PM
dumpsathernow*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddheyman
Not to rain on your parade (or opinion for that matter) but a lot of him leaving (not all) had to do with management and their SHOVING him out the door ... I'm not saying he didn't leave, nor that he couldn't have stayed, but there is plenty of guilt to go around for his leaving and Smith, Checketts, and company have a substantial about of culpability relating to it ...
all i know is he was a great NYR but he was old time to retire plus hes an @$$h0ie anyways i hear when poeple ask him for autos he blows them off kids adults anyone i know alot of these guys dont like signing because people sell but for kids common give me a break wasnt sad to see him go and im a die hard fan plus hes to old and taking up space for the youth.. about tim good bye

Old
04-01-2004, 08:28 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Athletes are overpaid, and if they really truely loved the team they played for they'd play for league minimum.
Think about what you've said here. Just because they make alot of money doesn't mean they're exempt from the same Bullspit we all have to deal with in our lives

:pizza:

Closed Thread